Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ Chapter 26 ( Chapter 26 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 26

Lullia carefully pulled off the tape that was covering Draco’s mouth. He coughed up blood. She placed her hands on either side of his face. Hermione was hugging Ron as she looked down at Draco. The carpet was now a different color. Harry stood over Lullia and Draco.

They couldn’t do anything. Draco’s plan had gone wrong. If he hadn’t gotten captured then he would’ve waited and attacked from the opposite side. He was now dying as the others were going to live.

‘Draco! Draco don’t you dare die on me! You’ll be fine. I promise you!’ She nearly yelled as she pulled off her blouse and applied it to his wound. Harry now pulled off his shirt, leaned down, and lightly pressed it against Draco’s stomach.

Draco weakly took his eyes off of Lullia and onto Harry. ‘Take care of her,’ he coughed.

Harry didn’t say anything. They now heard the Aurors and whomever else Dumbledore sent running through the house.  He stiffly nodded.

‘No!’ shouted Lullia, tears now fell onto Draco’s face. ‘Don’t say that! Don’t you dare say that!!’

A bloody hand now touched her cheek. He weakly smirked. ‘Lullia-you’ll-be-fine,’ he struggled as he closed his eyes.

Lullia screamed once more as she now tightly hugged him. He couldn’t leave her. Not like this. He wasn’t supposed to die. She heard the rough voices then the familiar voice of Snape telling her stand up. He then roughly pulled her up away from Draco.

Harry now hugged her as her world crumbled.


*  *  *   *   *   *   *  *   *   *   *   *   *   *  *  *   *

Lullia opened her tired eyes remembering what had happened with Voldemort. She sat straight up in bed back in the white nightgown quickly looking around. She remembered Snape pulling her away from Draco as he laid there, alive the last time she saw him. Lullia then saw Draco in a bed, now completely white as paper, and his head off to the right.

She swung her legs to over the side of the bed, stood up, and darted over to him. She didn’t notice anyone else in the hospital wing jump up to grab her at all. Lullia stopped at the side of the bed and grabbed his cold dead hand. The sheets were a light gray, much different than the pure white sheets. It meant dying.

‘No,’ she muttered then screamed. ‘Draco! DRACO!’ She was now shaking his arm as everything remained motionless.

A pair of arms grabbed her from behind as tears fell down her face. Her attempt of fighting them off, failed though.

‘Let me go!’ she ordered and turned around. She was now face to face with Harry that looked horribly upset as well. Her face crumbled as she hugged him tightly crying completely out of control.

Harry held her for a while feeling the front of his shirt become damp. He already knew that Lullia wasn’t going to choose him and his feelings were strictly friendship. That kiss with Ginny before going out to save Lullia and Hermione then on the train ride back from Christmas, he knew. Ginny had always been the one deep down.

‘Shhhhhhh, everything will be okay.’ He rubbed her back in small circles. ‘He’ll be alright. I promise you. He’ll be alright.’

‘He’s in gray!’ she choked after some struggle. ‘He’s dying!’

‘No,’ said Harry now looking down at Draco. ‘He’s not the type to give up.’

After some time Harry finally got Lullia to sit down on the bed next to Draco’s. His arm was still wrapped around her as she stared down at him. Her tears then stopped and looked up at Harry.

‘If I would’ve known this stupid betrothed situation would’ve been this much trouble I wouldn’t have joined you at Hogwarts. I would’ve stayed home and broken every rule and marry someone else. I’m so sorry, Harry.’

Harry raised an eyebrow and looked down at her. ‘For what? I’m glad that I got to meet you.’

She then looked up at him, eyes still wet. ‘For everything. Almost taking you away from Ginny and leading you on.’ She shook her head. ‘I’m such a horrible person for doing all of this to you. I’m so sorry.’

Harry then hugged her tighter. ‘Lullia I would’ve rather met you than doing anything this year. You made me realize so much in just one year and without you it would’ve never been possible.’

‘Thanks,’ she muttered and returned her gaze back onto Draco, lifeless. Lullia then finally had the courage to ask, ‘How much blood did he loose?’

Harry swallowed. ‘A lot. Snape and Pomfrey went wild with potions on him.’

Lullia nodded with a ghost like appearance. She then looked down at her hands missing the ring. She frowned. ‘Where’s my ring?’

‘Dumbledore has it,’ answered Harry. ‘Lullia may I ask you something?’

She nodded.

‘You love him don’t you? And I mean the real love.’

‘Yes,’ she answered. ‘Strangely enough we’ve been in love since we were fourteen. I guess it was a blessing that they chose him.’

‘When did you guys first meet?’

She softly smiled to herself. ‘Seven, I think. He’d been sick for a while, so we didn’t meet until late, but afterwards we became great friends then lovers. Once he found out that Voldemort wanted me he did the only thing he could, make me hate him by hurting me.’ She then shook her head. ‘All he had to do was tell me the truth and this whole thing could’ve been avoided.’


*~*~*~*~

Lullia sat with Draco, one hand holding his while the other one played with his shady snow white hair. She hadn’t left his side nor would she. She laid on her side next to him feeling sleep trying to bring her down. When she finally fell asleep she had snuggled up to him wrapped her arms around his waist, head resting on his chest.

Voldemort had killed Potter, Weasley and Granger with the killing curse. Draco was on the floor, blood pouring out of his stomach as he stared up at him. He forced himself to stay awake, but didn’t need much help now. His father grabbed his head pulling it up, his foot in the middle of his back and an amused look on his face. He was enjoying this like he enjoyed killing his wife. Voldemort held onto Lullia, mouth covered by his hand and his other arm wrapped nicely around her. She looked like she was in horrible pain.


Lucius pointed his wand at Lullia as Voldemort threw her to the ground. ‘Cruiczo!’ he yelled and she screamed in horrible pain.

‘Leave her alone!’ yelled Draco trying to fight back, but couldn’t. He was useless as always.

When she stopped screaming she glared at Lucius who was sent flying back with a green fire engulfing him. He too screamed and died. Lullia’s eyes now danced with fire as she turned to look at Voldemort. He kicked her face breaking eye contact, grabbed her and pulled her back up into his arms. A knife then appeared in his hands.

‘This is what you get,’ stated Voldemort. ‘She was so lovely and you get to watch her die. Lullia Malfoy, do you have anything else to say to your husband before you die?’

She looked at him, blood covering his face. ‘I love you Draco.’

This was it. After all those years of pretending to hate her and almost loosing her to Potter, this was how it ended. Everything in death.

He shook his head as he tried to sit up, but couldn’t. There was something heavy on his chest as his breathing began to stop. Voldemort, smiling and unbeaten, raised the knife up to her throat and said, ‘I hope it was worth it.’

The blade now touched her skin, cold. Lullia full of fear stared down at Draco. ‘It was-’

The blade went across her throat cutting intensity, spilling blood everywhere. He dropped her corpse to the ground in front of Draco still holding the knife.

‘She was a good fuck. I’ll give you that.’

Draco then screamed bloody murder in pain. He felt the heaviness from his chest disappear as he opened his eyes to darkness. Voldemort had kept him alive and threw him down into the basement. He rolled out of bed, smacked the floor, jumped back up and saw a black figure move towards him.

‘Stay back!’ he screamed and grabbed a gray pillow. He chucked it at the figure and jumped back hitting the stonewall.

Draco!’ screamed a familiar voice that he couldn’t place it.

‘Will you please calm down!’ demanded a rough voice.

Everything was blurry and out of place in the dim lighting. The black figure stayed away as a new lighter figure appeared. Voldemort had killed Lullia. His heart cringed as powerful waves of dizziness and sickness smacked him. His passing thought was all the blood that had now stained the carpet. Tears now spilled down his face. Lullia was gone. She was dead. After all those times of her being there when he woke up, how she soothed him after every nightmare, all of that was now gone.

‘YOU KILLED HER YOU BASTARD!!!!’ he screamed and punched at the black figure, entirely missing, and stumbled a few feet forward.

Draco then vomited and collapsed on the floor.

Lullia stood in front of Draco, hands over her mouth, staring down at him. Snape then quickly went over to him, picked him up, and placed him back on the bed. That sent chills down her spine. After four months of sleeping together and never getting an answer on what he dreamt about, she now knew. Voldemort had killed her in his dreams. Pomfrey then rushed out of nowhere and helped Snape.

Converting /tmp/php2JzRyq to /dev/stdout