Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ The Secret Lives of Draco and Lullia Part 1 ( Chapter 28 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The Secret lives of Draco and Lullia Part 1

This is what happened over Christmas break and how Draco and Lullia got back together. I hope you enjoy it. It’s very long, that’s why I put it into three parts for everyone to read. Thank you reading!!


*  *   *   *   *   *

Lullia had been sitting on her home bed for the pass hour now in a warm robe reading one of Hermione’s Muggle books and drinking tea. Almost everyone in the mansion had left for the holidays except for the cook, one maid, and a few Aurors finishing up the finally touches of recasting some spells. No one even dreamt of going to Russia, such a great plan to throw off everyone else. Her room was basically the size of the two-bed rooms put together of the Head-room at Hogwarts. A king sized bed with a canopy draped over it with clear fabric material. The floor was shinny wood with her grandmother’s carpets covering it. Clothes were piled into her chair at a desk where her owl cage sat while everything else was cleaned up. Her chocolate lab, Jack, laid asleep on her floor next to her what her mother called a ‘fainting sofa’ from the old movies. One wall was dedicated to a bookshelf filled with all sorts of books and Muggle movies from Hollywood. Her Hogwart’s school clothes were hidden within her huge closet that held her elite status clothing.

She reached over to her tea and took a sip as she turned the page with her finger. The book had become very interesting-

That’s when she heard the loud crash from below.

Jack jumped up to his feet, ears up and alert, as he trotted over to her closed door. Lullia marked her page, grabbed her wand, and went to the door. She didn’t hear any of the Aurors cursing from a spell or anything. The house was dead quiet. She opened the door and Jack darted out of the room, down the hallway, and to the right down the stairs. Lullia gripped her wand tighter as she softly came out of her room passing her sister’s room. Katherine was most likely dead asleep with her husband, Robert, sleeping next to her.

Granted, it is one in the morning, was her passing thought. She then heard a door creak open and saw her mother with her own wand out. Rose quickly lowered in and came out in her pajamas and robe.

‘What did you do?’ asked Rose. The hallway was dimmed with the candle lighting that the grandparents loved so much.

Lullia’s forehead crinkled. ‘Nothing! It came from downstairs. I don’t even hear any of the Aurors doing their job!’

‘It’s one in the morning and most of them are gone! I’m sure they’re asleep by now. Where’s Jack?’

‘Downstairs,’ she stated as she swiftly went by her mother to the stairs. They peered down the staircase that rounded with the wall that then connected to a room where that room connected with all the rooms on the first floor.

Rose took a few quick looks around. ‘I don’t see anything out of the ordinary. Get behind me.’ She stepped down at least five stairs down and called out Jack’s name. He barked happily with a soft wine after it. ‘Well it’s not Mr. Riddle that’s for damn sure.’ She lowered her wand and they went downstairs.

The staircase connected to basically a staircase room that attached to the front room where guests would wait, come in and sit and wait some more on fancy couches. This room also led off to the living room, a hallway that connected to the back part of the house, one of the family rooms, and another hallway leading to a kitchen.

‘Where’s Dad?’ whispered Lullia when they nearly reached the bottom.

Rose rolled her eyes. ‘Asleep. Even if Mr. Riddle came and attacked him, he’d sleep right through it and wake up in the afterlife,’ she muttered. They were now outside of the living room where Jack continued to wine, bark happily, and pace around.

Lullia nodded not surprised. Something wasn’t right. Her stomach wanted to turn at this bad feeling that over baring feeling. Rose slowly crept her hand to the side of the wall prepared to battle at whatever came at her once she turned on the light. She kicked Lullia back several feet in case anyone was actually in the room. Rose flipped on the light and saw what had made the crashing sound. Lullia peeked around her mother, and was in shock for a few moments.

The living room was huge with fancy couches, chairs, rugs, drapes, a fireplace, and other pieces of furniture. This room had always reminded Lullia of Christmas because of the royal greens and reds throughout the furniture and rugs. The wooden floors in this room were too shiny that one could almost see their face in it. This was the room where the children would play and where Lullia and her childhood friend would play during the winter or summer when it rained.

 Out in front of the couches Jack laid, licking his face, while his body rested on the cracked coffee table and his head on the broken shards of a vase. Some blood had already started to seep out into the carpet.

‘Oh my Lord,’ gasped Rose. A white hand went up to her face.

Lullia darted towards the body hopping over a couch and pushing Jack away from him. She held her breath as she leaned down, hair spilling over her shoulders, and listened to his very soft and struggled breathing. She then put two fingers, shaking, up to his throat and felt his pulse.

 Relief swarmed over her.

Rose then came over to them watching her daughter acting fast. She had ripped off some of her robe and applied pressure to his head. ‘Is-he alright?’ she nearly choked. ‘How in the hell did he ever get inside of here!?’

‘Who cares! Go get Katherine! Or Dad!’ Lullia paused seeing that he responded by her voice. Funny how these things work out. ‘Better yet some ice and a towel.’

Within seconds Rose kneeled down to Draco with an icepack and a towel. She lightly lifted his head and put the towel underneath it. The cut in his head didn’t look too bad. Rose then began to quickly pick up the pieces of the family vase-now broken. Lullia then lightly began to smack his face.

‘Draco! Hey Draco! Can you hear me?’ She looked down at his clothing. They looked worn out with holes and tears all throughout. What the hell had he been doing? ‘Hey! Drake! Wake up!!’ This time she smacked him harder.

Draco raised his hand up to his crinkled forehead, and softly rubbed his head. He seemed to be coming around after all. He groaned as he lifted his upper part of his body up and touched the back of his head. His eyes shot up, sitting up fully, and stared, palely, at the blood on his fingertips.

Rose quickly grabbed the stained towel and pushed away all of the sharp objects away from him. Lullia touched his shoulder, concerned and horrified written all over her face, and the other hand went to the other side of his cheek turning his face towards here. He looked so pale and sick.

What the hell had he gotten himself into now?

‘Draco?’ His eyes were glazed over like he didn’t know who she was then he blinked and realized who she was. She softly smiled at him with relief. She repositioned herself on her knees so she was face to face with him. ‘Hey. What happened? How did you end up here?’

God, he was so white.

He looked completely confused as Rose said, ‘I’m going to get Kate. She’ll have your head healed in no time.’ She stood up and quickly went to get her other daughter.

Draco grabbed-gripped-her hand almost hurting her. He began to breath heavily as if he was having a panic attack. His eyes became huge and terrified. He opened his mouth to speak, but no sound came out.

It was pure fear.

‘Oh, God. Draco what did you do? What didn’t you do?!’ she demanded. When he didn’t say anything Lullia shook him. God this can’t be happening! What the hell did he get himself into?! Lullia then heard fast footsteps on the staircase and Katherine appeared in the living room.

Katherine was like her mother and sister, in pajamas, fully awake now and in a pale blue robe. She was as tall and thin as her mother with dark blond hair. She had the family’s dark blue eyes and very pretty face. Katherine was about six years older than Lullia almost making them not as close to each other as Rose and Adara were.  She had also had an arranged married to Robert Bloom since birth and luckily theirs worked out unlike some.

Katherine held her wand in her hand as she quickly checked over the back of Draco’s head. ‘Damn boy how did this happen?’

Lullia didn’t answer as she kept eye contact with his blue-gray eyes. She guessed that the back of his blond hair was stained with blood. Draco didn’t even try to answer.

‘Probably from the vase he broke,’ muttered Rose, casting a simple spell and the vase appeared as new. She placed it on the table below a family portrait.

Katherine closely examined the back of his head. She shook her head. ‘The vase didn’t do this Mom. Whatever it was it was sharper and deeper. Luckily though its not too deep. Hey Draco this is going to sting.’ She raised her wand and with a flick of her wrist the back of his head was good as new except for the blood now staining his hair. Draco didn’t move or say anything after his head was healed. ‘What the hell happened to him?’

Rose was now on her knees in front of him. She had practically also raised this child in her household. She had only seen him this frightened twice in her life. Something far more than horrible had happened to him. Draco and Lullia still hadn’t broken their stare contest.

Rose touched his shoulder. No response. ‘Draco, honey, do I need to contact your mother? I bet-’ She stopped speaking.

After she had said ‘mother’ Draco acted like a scared little kid. Draco had broken out in a cold sweat, sharply turned his head towards Rose then back to Lullia, and soon jumped into her arms. He knocked her back onto her back, gripping her tighter than for dear life, and cried.

Lullia had the wind knocked out of her: she had been tackled and clung to. She was barely strong enough to pull herself and him up into a sitting position. Katherine had to help her sister sit up a little and then she sat down next to her. Lullia hugged Draco back looking up at her mother for help. Rose stayed in her position quickly thinking like she had always done.

‘Hey it’s alright,’ soothed Lullia with the less amount of oxygen that she had now. God he’s gotten strong. ‘Draco what happened? It’s alright. You can tell me.’

Draco held onto her tighter as he cried. Lullia then saw Katherine cover her mouth and then her mother gasped. They all became pale.

‘What?’

‘His back is bleeding!’ shouted Rose. She jumped up, ran over to the staircase and yelled, ‘EDAN! Get down here!’

Lullia lifted up one hand already seeing the blood and was surprised that she hadn’t felt it. She had tried to hold it in when he stared at her in a coma like state, but this, this was too much for her. Tears spilled down her face as she hugged him tighter and heard her father’s and Robert’s footsteps. Robert was in a black robe with his curly blond hair sticking up. He covered his mouth at this sight while Edan ran over and kneeled down to Draco.

‘He’s been attacked,’ he stated trying to stay calm. He didn’t need all three women crying. ‘Katie can you heal this?’

She quickly nodded grabbing her wand again and the bleeding stopped and the skin looked new. ‘He’ll be sore though. I guess-’ Robert now knelt now to his wife and helped her up to her feet. ‘-we should move him to a bed now. Lullia?’

Lullia still hugged him tightly as his crying began to lessen. She looked between her parents and nodded. ‘My room. I can sleep on the couch.’

Edan and Rose exchanged looks and Rose nodded. Edan then carefully picked him up almost forcefully. Draco didn’t want to let her go. He then carried him upstairs with Lullia right behind him with her mother, Katherine, and Robert closely following behind. Edan lightly kicked Lullia’s door open and carefully dropped him on the bed.

‘Doesn’t this kid have pajamas here?’ muttered Edan.

Draco was now aware that he was in a bed and scrambled to get out. He moved as if he was drugged with something the way he tried to move. Lullia quickly grabbed his hand and once again he clung to her tightly, now curled up around her. He’s missing a shoeÉand his sock is bloody!

Rose nodded. ‘In the hallway closet next to the bathroom. Top shelf.’ Edan then left and Rose went besides Draco and sat down. ‘Draco, hello, Draco? Are you hurt anywhere else?’

Katherine slowly took off his sock, saw that his foot was okay, and went on the next one. Maybe his back and head were the only thing wounded? Hopefully. His back looked far beyond horrible.

Draco now made eye contact with Rose. He started to seem that he might knew exactly where he was. He seemed to calm down now knowing where he was at, but still held onto Lullia.

‘Draco? Just a simple nod of the head will be fine.’

Lullia then lightly touched his chin and turned his head up towards her. ‘Draco are you hurt anywhere else?’

Draco sat up staring directly into her eyes. Some relief came over him as he lifted a hand and touched her cheek. ‘Lullia-they didn’t get you, did they?’ He looked like he was on the verge of tears again.

They? Did he mean Voldemort and his dark armies?

‘Of course not. Why would you think that? Who’s they?’

‘They said that they had you. I-I-’ He then looked at her lovingly like he hadn’t seen her in years and passed out. He toppled down onto his side next to Lullia’s leg.

Edan now walked in holding a pair of older, small pajamas with white bunny rabbits hopping everywhere. In his other hand he held a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. He tossed the older pajamas onto the bed. ‘If he can fit in these then I’ll be impressed.’ He then tossed the others onto the bed. ‘Here’s the backup plan. Did he finally collapse?’

Lullia lightly brushed the hair away from his face. His face was lightly bruised as well. Rose touched Lullia’s shoulder.

‘Katie and I will change him. You can step outside for a minute.’

Lullia took a glance back down at Draco who had started drooling again and nodded. She stood up and Katherine said, ‘Why? She’s already seen him naked before.’

Lullia turned red and Edan said, ‘As a father I didn’t want to hear that. If you need me I’ll be in bed. Just because you guys have a break doesn’t mean I do.’ He patted Lullia’s shoulder as he, her, and Robert left the room and closed the door. ‘He’ll be okay, Ellie. If he’s not by tomorrow I’ll take off work. Goodnight. Rob.’ He then walked back down the hallway, into his room, and closed the door.

‘So you’ve seen him naked, huh?’ Lullia turned a bright red and glared up at him. ‘I always knew you kids loved each other. See you tomorrow morning.’ Robert then went into his room getting the death glare at his back.

Katherine opened the door and stepped out. ‘He’s changed. His clothes were real bloody though. He’s still out like a light. He’ll be fine within a few days. Don’t worry.’

‘Thanks,’ she muttered. ‘Did you really have to say seeing him naked?’

Katherine smirked and walked towards her room. ‘Yep. Let me know if anything else happens.’ She disappeared into her room as Lullia went inside her room.

Rose threw his dirty, bloody clothes down the laundry shoot and closed it. Draco was in the shorts and T-shirt, tightly wrapped underneath her covers. Rose looked over at Lullia and half heartedly smiled.

‘Kate says that he’ll be fine.’ Her mother began to pick some of Lullia’s clothes. ‘The way he reacted to ‘mother’ I wont send an owl his parents any time soon. I’m betting that’s the reason he’s like this.’ She walked up to Lullia who stared at him still scared for him. ‘Even though he broke off the engagement and says that he doesn’t love you anymore, the way he looks at you, makes me believe he’s been lying to you. I do believe he still loves you. If you need me honey just come and get me. Don’t stay up too late.’ Rose then left the room leaving Lullia alone.

Once Lullia heard her mother’s door close she ran and jumped onto the bed next to Draco. He barely moved as the bed shook as Lullia laid next to him and hugged him tightly.


*  *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *  


Draco slowly opened his eyes seeing a light blue canopy above him. He didn’t register that this wasn’t his room until he rolled onto his side. Then within the next minute everything from last night smacked him and he quickly sat up, looking around. This room was about the same size as his room, but a lot girlier than his. He shuddered at the memories from last night. What a horrible night.

How did I end up here? He then realized that the lights were on and that he was in a bed. Lullia’s bed. He looked down seeing her curled up next to him, sound asleep. She was safe. They didn’t kill her.

‘Lullia?’ he croaked and cleared out his throat. ‘Lullia.’

God, he sounded bad.

She stirred at her name and Draco lightly shook her. ‘Lullia.’

‘Go back to sleep,’ she muttered and cuddled up next to him. ‘You’ll be fine.’

‘Lullia!’

She then sat up in bed with her hair messed up and somewhat confused. She looked over at Draco and relief spread over her face. Lullia then quickly hugged Draco tighter than ever. He coughed as his head was pressed up against her chest.

‘Thank God you’re alright!’ She forcefully pulled him back. ‘What the hell happened to you? You broke the table and vase last night!’

Draco raised an eyebrow. What? ‘I don’t even know how I got here! When did I get hereÉ.?’

Lullia was now sitting on her legs. ‘How much do you remember? Do you remember anything of last night?’

Draco drew a complete blank. ‘I remember-’ He paused and didn’t say anything. Fear spread all over his face.

Lullia touched his cheek. ‘Draco? What’s wrong? What happened to you?’

‘Does anyone know I’m here?’ he demanded. He would’ve jumped out of bed if Lullia hadn’t held onto his arm. ‘Do they?!’

‘No they don’t!’ she snapped back. ‘What the hell have you gotten yourself into now? Does it involve Voldemort?’

Draco almost seemed to shrink away at that name. ‘Of course not! And I haven’t gotten myself into anything!’

‘Then why was your back and head bleeding?’ she countered.

Time to get the game on.

‘It was probably from crashing onto the table and vase!’

‘Kate checked you out and said that those wounds weren’t from breaking the table or vase!’

End of Round One. Beginning of Round Two.

‘How would she know! She’s still in training to becoming a nurse! She’s only in her second year!’

‘My dad came downstairs and also checked you out! He said you’d been attacked! And for your information Kate is in her fourth year!’

End of Round Two. Winner: Lullia. Looser: Draco. 1-0.

Draco now had nothing to say to her except a glare, which she also returned. There was no way in hell he was going to tell her what had happened. That’d be suicidal. He then saw her eyes go up to his neck. Underneath the bruising there was a chain around his neck. She opened her mouth to say something-

Katherine then walked in ignoring the glares from each other. ‘Hey love birds keep it down. Lullia Mrs. Malfoy is downstairs. She’s wondering if you’ve seen Draco.’ Katherine now looked at the fear stricken Draco. ‘Nice to see you awake too. You had us worried. Oh don’t worry, she doesn’t know you’re here.’ She returned her attention back onto Lullia. ‘Get dressed and run downstairs like last night when you worried. See you in a few.’ Katherine then closed the door and was gone.

‘Mom’s here,’ he muttered, stunned.

Lullia said nothing as she stood up, jumped off of the bed, and went to grab clothes. She then started to change and Draco closed his eyes (he saw a lot of skin) and put his hand over his eyes.

‘What the hell?! I’m still in the room!’

‘Oh please. It’s not like you haven’t seen it before,’ she muttered. ‘Stay up here and don’t make any noise. You can uncover your eyes now.’

Draco peeked through his fingers and saw Lullia finished dressing. She was now pulling on some socks. She had changed into jeans and a long sleeved shirt. His hand dropped down to his lap.

‘See you in a bit.’ Lullia ran out of her room.

Draco sighed of relief and fell back against the pillows. He touched the back of his neck.


*  *  *   *   *   *   *   *


Lullia ran downstairs as fast as she could and passed the living room. She walked into the visitor section of the house and into that living room. She saw the back of Mrs. Malfoy’s hair and clothing in the armchair across from Rose and Katherine. Rose and Katherine were already fully dressed and serving tea.

Damn they were fast. Time to be an actress!

‘Mrs. Malfoy! Katie told me that Draco is missing! Did he run away?’ She came around the chair and stood in front of her. She was shocked to see Mrs. Malfoy now. She looked so thin, tired, and scared out of her mind. She also looked worn out sitting there in her tight gray dress suit. Lullia had to keep herself from putting a hand up to her mouth.

Mrs. Malfoy nodded trying not to cry. ‘He and Lucius were fighting again and then all of the sudden he-he disappeared into thin air. I know that after he broke off the engagement you lost touch with each other, but has he said anything about where he’d go?’

Lullia flushed. In the pass twenty-four hours everyone had mentioned how he broke off the engagement. She hated hearing about it or even someone mentioning how they looked so cute together.

She shook her head. ‘I’m sorry, Mrs. Malfoy, but Draco never said to me where he’d run away to.’

‘And nothing at Hogwarts?’ she questioned.

‘Draco and I never spoke about running away. When we were little, yes, but not now. He never mentioned that he was having trouble at home either.’ She knew that was a lie. He and Lucius never got alongÉespecially with the Dark Lord lurking around them. ‘I’m so sorry.’

Mrs. Malfoy nodded and took a sip of tea. ‘Thank you for your time. If you do see him will you give him this, please?’ She pulled out a white envelope and handed it to Lullia. ‘I’m very worried about him.’

Lullia took it nodding quickly. ‘Yes, of course. I am too. I hope he shows up somewhere.’

When Mrs. Malfoy left Lullia quickly placed the letter back onto the table. Rose and Katherine then huddled around it staring down at it in wonder. Was it hexed? Could someone be listening through it?

‘Well if Draco ever comes here we’ll let her know,’ said Rose. They walked out of the room and she said, ‘I’ll have your father make sure it’s safe.’

Lullia then ran up the stairs back to her room. She couldn’t just leave him alone. What if he tried to ‘disappear’ again? Who knows where he’d end up! She quickly opened the door and Draco stood in his boxers pulling up some pants. He glanced over at her. Lullia saw the scar on his stomach where he had gotten cut (Stabbed, she corrected herself) by a piece of glass. Lucius’s abuse went far beyond that.

‘I found some of my extra clothes from a few years ago,’ he muttered and pulled up his jeans. ‘The shirt didn’t fit.’

Lullia walked up to him and lightly brushed a finger over the scar. It was a lot smoother than before. She looked up at Draco meeting his eyes. ‘Does it ever hurt?’ She clearly remembered what had happened. Draco had been fifteen when it had happened and soon after that he told Lullia that she had to choose Potter. He never gave the full details about it, but to put it simply, he had disagreed with his father about something and he was stabbed. Whatever Lucius stabbed him with he had pulled out at an angle making the scar longer. He had came to her house bandaged up and Katherine had to use as much medicine magic as she knew to make him better.

Draco lightly grabbed her hand. ‘Sometimes. What did my mother want?’ He then grabbed his white button up shirt.

‘She left you a letter and asked if I knew where you went. When my dad comes home he’ll check out the letter.’ She paused noticing that his color hadn’t really returned at all. ‘Are you feeling any better?’

‘Yeah, sure,’ he muttered. ‘Thanks for lying to my mom.’

Lullia shrugged. ‘I’ve done it before. So are you going to tell me what happened or will it be a mystery just like that scar?’

He frowned and let go of her hand. He then pulled on his button up shirt and started to button it up. ‘You don’t need to know.’

‘Doubtful. I do believe that I do need to know since you appeared in our house and literally went insane when we mentioned your mother.’

He slightly paled and looked back at her. Maybe he’d never tell. ‘Its for your own safety that you don’t know.’

‘Is it aboutÉ.you knowÉVol-’

Draco covered up her mouth. ‘Don’t say it. Please don’t.’ He now looked terrified again.

Lullia, trying hold her fear back, stared up at him. Voldemort had done something to him. She removed his hand from her mouth. ‘What did you refuse to do this time?’ she demanded. ‘First your side and now your back! I’m surprise they haven’t tried to kill you yet-’

That’s when she saw his face. His pain stricken face. They had tried to kill him. Last night. Whatever he hadn’t done they had tried to kill him.

Lullia raised her hand up to her mouth and shook her head. ‘At least tell me they didn’t try to kill you!’

Draco simply stared at her. ‘How bad did my mother look?’

‘Lucius and him tried to kill you!’ she shouted. ‘What-don’t you dare give me that look! You have the right to explain yourself this time! After all those times of being lied to and breaking my heart you at least owe me this!’ Tears started to build up in her eyes. She was now breathing heavily.

Draco, stunned, stood there for a moment. He did owe her a lot after these years. What to say to her?

He then tightly hugged her as she began to cry. He guessed it should’ve been the opposite way: him crying and her holding him. After being with her at Hogwarts for the pass few months he never thought they both could hold it together. To the simple student along with Potter and them, sure, they had known each other before, but not their close friendship. They pretended so much out in public it was almost habit to do it at home as well. Pretend everything is alright, not cracking, refraining from saying things from their childhood, just everything.

Draco held her tighter as he held her head onto his chest. ‘I’m so sorry for doing this to you, but believe me when I say, this is for your own safety that you don’t know anything.’ He paused when Lullia looked up at him with a questionable look. ‘Please Lullia. You don’t realizeÉ.’ He wiped off some tears with his thumb.

‘É.how much he wants me,’ stated Lullia. Draco gave her a confused look. ‘He’s wanted me for years. I’ve known this for a while. Just promise me one thingÉif you need help I’m always here for you.’

‘I know.’



*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *  *   *


‘The letter looks fine to me,’ stated Edan after examining it. He went through a process of tapping and saying spells for any kind of a hint for enchantment. Nothing. It was all clear. ‘I think he can come into the room now.’

They had left the letter on the table where Lullia had placed it at least twelve hours ago. No one was going to touch it or even try to peek inside in case Voldemort had done something to it. They even kept Draco outside of the room in case it reacted to him.

Rose called him in and he peeked inside the living room. She waved him in and he walked in towards the letter. He looked down at his mother’s handwriting. She had written his name fast and sloppy- very unlike her.

Edan now looked at Lullia. ‘Alright, L, you open the letter and read it since she gave it to you.’

Lullia nodded and did what she was told. She carefully pulled it out waiting for something to happen. Nothing it as she opened it up. Everyone sighed of relief. She then looked up at Draco. ‘Should I read this out loud? After all it’s your letter.’

Draco leaned down over her shoulder and quickly glanced over it. It was written in blue-nothing too important. If it had been written in another color then it would’ve been important.

‘Go ahead,’ he stated.

‘Draco, the Dark-uh, I think I shouldn’t read this out loud. Here.’ She held it up and to him. He lightly tapped it. Nothing happened and he grabbed it.

Draco sat down and began to read intensely. Rose and Edan exchanged looks of fear. Lullia watched Draco as he read. When he finished he folded it back up, bit his lower lip, and handed it back to Lullia. Everyone was quiet. No one wanted to say anything until Draco said something.

A few minutes went by until he said, ‘She told me not to return home for a while and to stay somewhere safe.’

‘You can stay here as long as you want,’ said Rose. ‘Until we get the guest room safely secured you can sleep in Lullia’s room. Its basically one of the safest places here.’

Everyone stared at Rose for the second to last comment. Lullia’s room? Really? Give the ex lovers a chance to kill each other? Great.

Lullia and Draco exchanged looks. ‘Uh, Mom-’

‘Oh please. He can sleep on your couch for God’s sake. Now if you excuse me I have some work to do.’ She stood up and disappeared.

Great, thought Lullia. I have a roommate.



*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *  


That night Draco slept on Lullia’s room and on her couch, curled up with thick blankets. He had collapsed onto it around nine that night. Edan wasn’t so sure of Draco sleeping in Lullia’s room, but Rose convinced him that her room was the safest and since she did still like him she could protect him much better. Plus he was in no condition to be by himself.

Lullia was watching Draco sleep for a while now. She wasn’t so sure on how he would sleep now. When he received his scar and slept over he tossed and turned as if in a constant nightmare. He would almost cry in his sleep without any tears. So far nothing. He slept like the dead as he stayed curled up in a ball.

Maybe he would be fine this time.

She reached over grabbing her wand and with a flick of it turned off the lights. She laid down and waited for something to happen. She had an uneasy feeling in her stomach.

Nothing.

I’m probably just being paranoid, was her passing thought as she drifted to sleep.

She didn’t know how long she was asleep before she sat up in bed hearing that all too familiar scream. Draco thrashed from side to side, kicking and waving his arms wildly in the air. He then screamed Lullia’s name, bloody murder.

‘Draco!’ Lullia quickly stood up in bed, darted over to the edge and jumped over to the couch. She dodged his arms as best as she could, jumped on top of him sitting on his lower stomach (she blushed remembering the last time she sat like this, naked and aroused) and slapped his face. ‘DRACO! WAKE UP! DRAKE!’ Then without her wand she yelled, ‘LUMINOUS!’ The lights turned on. ‘C’mon Draco!! WAKE UP!’

His icy blue eyes opened, staring at nothing. Draco had broken out in a cold sweat, soaking wet almost, and horribly confused. He was breathing heavily. She touched his face and he winced away from it like hot iron. Warmth against ice.

‘Draco?’ She lightly touched his face again and he didn’t pull back. Tears spilt over his ears as he looked at her. ‘You’re safe. It’s alright.’

Draco began to breath heavily again as Lullia slowly moved off of him and sat between his legs. She saw his eyes seeing horrible fear just like last night when he showed up out of nowhere. Does he even know he’s awake?

Lullia grabbed his cold, wet hand. ‘You’re safe, I promise you.’

Draco then cracked: crying and tackled Lullia once more again. He wrapped his arms tightly around her waist as his head rested on her legs. He gripped her tightly saying something over and over again. Lullia held on to him as best as she could rubbing his back and ran a hand through his hair. She tried soothing him.

‘I’m not going anywhere,’ she promised. ‘I promise. I’m here. I’m alive. Shhhhhh, calm down.’

Draco finally fell asleep still holding onto Lullia for dear life almost. Lullia couldn’t stop hearing his screams for her. That horrible bloody murder scream.

The third night wasn’t any better for Lullia or Draco. Soon after they both fell asleep Draco started screaming bloody murder again. This time Lullia somehow dragged Draco over to her bed to sleep better. Once he laid down on the mattress he pulled Lullia into his arms continuing to cry. What the hell is he dreaming? This time though he fell asleep faster.

The fourth night was much different.

‘Just sleep in my bed,’ she demanded after her parents went to sleep. As far as they knew Draco was sleeping peacefully since Lullia had placed a silencing charm on her room years ago.

Draco stared at her worn out. He had barely gotten any sleep at all. He looked paler than before he came. ‘No,’ he said dryly. ‘I’ll be fine on the couch.’

She frowned. ‘No you wont! Drake for the pass few nights you’ve screamed for me and only get better when you’re near me.

He ran a hand through his hair. ‘It’s just a stupid nightmare. I don’t even remember these past few nights.’

Lullia rolled her eyes. ‘You’re a horrible lair.’ She grabbed his hand and pulled him towards her bed. He stopped. ‘What now?’

‘I’d rather sleep on the couch, thanks.’

‘It’s just for one night. If it doesn’t work you can sleep on the couch. Promise.’

Draco then nodded as fatigue swept all over his body. Lullia pulled him over to the side where he used to slept. He climbed into bed and watched Lullia sit next to him on her side. He watched her tiredly.

‘Just go to sleep,’ she muttered grabbing his hand.

‘Lullia,’ he muttered now trying to keep himself awake, ‘I’m sorry for doing this to youÉ’

‘I know.’

Draco then passed out. Lullia waited for half an hour watching and waiting for him to scream. Nothing happened. She sighed of relief when sleep was finally catching up to her. She turned off the lights and snuggled up to him like before. He breathed softly and slowly, more relaxed than anything. Right before she fell asleep Draco wrapped his arm around her pulling her closer.

He never screamed nor moved that night.

‘See I told you that you wouldn’t scream or anything,’ stated Lullia.

Converting /tmp/phpsqLvDF to /dev/stdout