Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ Part 2 ( Chapter 29 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The Secret lives of Draco and Lullia Part 2

Draco had already spent four days at the Marcus’s home and everything seemed to be going well. Rose had gone out and bought clothing for Draco along with a few other items. He wasn’t aloud to leave the mansion and to basically avoid the very few maids that still lingered around. During the day before Christmas Eve though Rose and Edan sent them home to be with their own families. He ate breakfast, lunch and dinner with them at the table laughing along with everyone else. It was if he had never left their family. Even he and Lullia were like before everything had happened: no heart break, no secrets, just best friends.

One the day before Christmas Eve Draco jumped over the couch and landed next to Lullia. She had been reading a book and screamed when she saw him sitting next to her. She smacked him with her book. They smiled at each other and Lullia quickly realized that they were doing it again. Smiling at each other almost lovingly again.

‘Do you have to do that?’

‘Yes,’ he stated. ‘Listen since everyone is gone do you think we could go out for a bit?’

‘Of course not! Don’t you realize that the Dark Lord is looking for you!’

Draco slowly nodded. She probably guessed that from what she had read from the letter. Lullia hadn’t asked anymore questions about it. Better to remain in the darkness. ‘Yeah, I do, but this is for a Christmas present. I just need to pick it up. It’s even in a Muggle area. Please Lullia?’

She raised an eyebrow at this. ‘In a Muggle area?’

‘Yeah. C’mon it’ll be fun.’

‘I thought you disliked Muggles. Why would you hide a Christmas present there?’

Draco shrugged. ‘I put it there in case my parents decided to go through my room and Zack goes through my room at Hogwarts, soÉ.Please! Just this once! You don’t even have to go inside the store!’

Lullia rolled her eyes. ‘Fine, but if we get attacked I’ll let you get kidnapped, understand?’

Draco rolled his eyes as he jumped up. ‘Yeah, yeah. Whatever. C’mon! They’re going to close in a few hours!’

Lullia was then quickly walking through the streets of London with Draco. They blended in with the busy crowds running from shop to shop. Draco had traded in his ugly Russian hat for a black beanie. He looked like a sailor.

‘So where is this shop?’ she asked.

‘It’s up here,’ he muttered. ‘Hey thanks for everything these pass few days. I know that you guys didn’t have to keep me there.’

Lullia shrugged and held onto his upper arm. She was freezing. ‘Draco I don’t think myself or my family would’ve thrown you out. Please also remember that they’re letting you sleep in my room. And where would you go anyway? Harry’s?’

Draco frowned. Going for help from Harry was the last thing he’d ever do. ‘I think I’d rather die than do that.’

She giggled. ‘He isn’t that bad of a person you know. Hopefully one day you’ll see that.’

‘Ha.’ He stopped seeing the shop at the end of the block. Everything seemed fine. No dark wizards camped out. ‘Hey wait here in case something happens. Go get some hot chocolate or something.’

She nodded without protest. ‘Be careful.’ Lullia walked in front of him and to the right disappearing into a crowded coffee shop.

Draco turned and watched Lullia make her way through the crowd. She reached the counter and he was pretty sure that she cut some people in line without them noticing. He softly smiled to himself then walked towards the shop. He entered the old antique shop smelling the old musty smell of iron and wood. Everything was in here from furniture to jewelry to even old makeup. The owner used the old lamps to light up the store. Not too many people were around except for the old grandma and grandpa browsing around-they never did buy anything.

The owner looked up and smiled at Draco. He was in his late seventies, never took a day off, and did whatever God’s knows what in his free time. He was thin with gray hair and thick glasses.

‘I wondering when you were coming back,’ he said and reached underneath the counter. He pulled out a neatly wrapped dark box with a red bow on it. He placed it in front of him. ‘I cleaned it, polished it, and restored it to the best I could.’

‘Thank you very much Mr. Rothschild. Do I owe you anything extra?’

He shook his head. ‘No, sir. It’s a nice piece I must say. A few days ago some blokes came in and asked about it. I lied and said that I didn’t have it anymore. I guess it’s worth more than I figured.’

Draco pulled out some Muggle money. The one thing that the Marcus family excelled over the other rich families, they had gold and paper money. He put some extra bills down. ‘Do you remember what they looked like?’ He grabbed the box and put it in his coat pocket.

Mr. Rothschild nodded and sat back down on the stool. ‘There was two men and a mad older woman. They were dressed in some kind of cloaks. Apparently they’re great grandmother had it before World War Two-’

‘Yeah, uh, I need to get going. Happy Christmas Mr. Rothschild.’

‘You too my boy. I hope the person who gets that is extremely happy and lucky. Enjoy your holidays.’

Draco quickly left the shop keeping his head down. They had been here, which meant his mother or father had mentioned him venturing out to antique shops. Hopefully none of Voldemort’s henchmen were walking around looking for him. He went back to the coffee shop seeing Lullia standing outside holding two to go cups.  

‘Here’s yours,’ she said and handed him his drink. ‘Aren’t you even the littlest bit cold?’

‘Nah. Thanks. Hot chocolate?’

‘Yep. I told them to put a shot of peppermint in it.’

He smiled and wrapped an arm around her. She quickly melted with the combine heat from Draco’s body. They started to walk back the way they came. ‘I don’t know what I’d do without you.’

Lullia giggled rolling her eyes. ‘Did you get your present?’

‘Yeah. Ready to go home?’

She nodded. ‘We can’t be caught outside of the house now can we? By the way what did you get?’

‘It’s a Christmas gift. I’m not telling you.’



*  *   *   *  *  *  *   *   *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *   *   *  *  *  *   *  *   *  


It was Christmas Eve at about one in the morning with snow slowly falling down onto the ground. No wind tonight, which would make the early morning snow level and beautiful. Lullia sat in the family room curled up in a blanket watching the Muggle television. Tonight she had been wearing a green and black stripped sweater, and a skirt with black leggings underneath it. Her father had bought one several years ago for Lullia since she was so interested in their movies and news of their world. She was watching an older movie channel that was showing black and white movies. All of her family had gone to bed hours ago along with Draco. He became quite found of the couch since he put all of the extra pillows on it (Rose had never gotten around to cleaning out a room even though they lived in a mansion-Lullia believed that her mother had other plans).

‘You’re still up?’

Lullia jumped and turned to see Draco standing behind her. He was still dressed in his daytime clothes: jeans and another long sleeved button up shirt. ‘I’m surprised that you’re still up.’

He jumped over the couch and landed next to her. ‘I couldn’t sleep.’

Lullia then turned off the television and turned towards him. ‘Something bothering you?’

‘Not really.’

Lullia nudged at him. ‘C’mon tell. You’re a horrible lair.’

He took a deep breath and pulled out the box that he had gotten at the antique shop. He handed it over to her. ‘Merry Christmas.’

‘Thank you. I’m sorry that I didn’t you give anything just yet. Should I open this tomorrow morning?’

He shook his head. ‘Open it now.’

She smiled and softly shook it. No sound. ‘HmmÉwhat is it?’ She untied the bow and opened the box top. Her smile turned in a stunned look and looked up at Draco. ‘W-Where did you find this?’

‘The antique shop. It took me three years to find it.’

Lullia picked up her grandmother’s engagement ring that had been missing for years. The lost Marcus heirloom. She then remembered what Draco had said all those long years ago when Lullia said that he would have to buy her a ring if they ever married. ‘Buy you one? I’ll find the real one for you.’ And he did. He broke off their engagement and found it.

‘I had them clean it. The owner found it right outside of the Leaky Caldron when the Dark Lord first disappeared. I don’t know how he lost it, but he did.’ He paused as Lullia now realized what this ring meant by giving it to her.

‘DracoÉ..you said that you didn’t love me and that I should choose Harry over you. Why give me this?’ Her heart began to race.

He looked down then back up at her. How to explain this? ‘The reason why I said that was because of the scar.’ She raised an eyebrow. ‘When I meant you didn’t need to know for your own safety I meant it and still do. Its what I didn’t do that day and half a week ago that I ended up in your house.’

Lullia shook her head gripping the ring. ‘Y-You-could’ve said something!’ she choked. ‘You told me for years that you loved me, we made love, and then you left a year later! Did you not understand that my family would’ve protected you? You left me broken-’ Tears now started to roll down her cheeks ‘-alone, and couldn’t even tell me anything! If you still wanted to marry me you should’ve asked me to wait! I can’t and wont marry you!’

Draco stared at her. He was prepared for this. He had been preparing for years for the rejection of getting back together. He knew it was a long shot after she came to Hogwarts and fell in love with Harry. He finally nodded.

‘I understand. I’m so sorry for doing that to you. I just-I just wanted to keep you safe and if we would’ve been together either one of us would be dead.’

‘You always say that! You always say ‘to keep me safe’! Just stop that and tell me the truth!’

Draco was now hesitant and opened his mouth to speak. Lullia waited for it-for everything. He shook his head. ‘I can’t. I love you so much and will always, and if you choose Potter, I won’t get in your way or involved in your life anymore.’

Lullia stood up and ran out of the room leaving Draco, alone. She ran far back into the house crying her heart out for an hour in her father’s study. She cried on the floor, curled up like the last time. That memory replayed over and over again.

It had been a year since Draco was stabbed and every once in a while it bothered him. He told her in the afternoon in the back garden. He had looked so sad while being so pale. Lullia had only stared at him, crushed, while he said, ‘I’m so sorry.’ Lullia then remembered seeing him several weeks later. His face was bruised.

Something then clicked in her mind and she stopped crying. Lullia jumped up still holding the ring and went to find Draco. She had to find him.


*  *   *  *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *  


Draco was staring up at the night sky out on the porch. He had been out here for at least twenty minutes simply watching the stars. He knew in the end that Lullia would reject him no matter what he said, even if it was the truth. He had damaged her too much and deep down he knew he deserved this. He was just surprised that she hadn’t smacked or slugged him. Draco knew that he deserved that.

He heard the door behind him open then close. He glanced behind him seeing Lullia wrapped up in a thick blanket. She had been crying-his heart crumbled. She walked over to him and sat down wrapped the other side of the blanket around him.

‘You’re going to catch your death out here with all of your defective immune system,’ she stated and looked up at the stars. ‘Draco do you remember the first time we looked at the stars like this?’

‘Yeah. We were like ten and it rained.’ He shivered now realizing how cold he had been. ‘Why?’

‘And do you remember what happened when we were fourteen?’

Draco nodded. ‘I told you that I loved you.’

‘And what did I say?’

He now looked at her and she at him. ‘Nothing. You kissed me.’

Lullia then leaned up and kissed him. She wrapped her arms around his neck bringing him down towards her. Draco then wrapped his arms around her bringing her upwards towards him. She laid her left hand on his cheek.

‘I love you Draco Malfoy and always will.’

Draco grabbed her hand and felt the cool steel. He then realized that Lullia was wearing the ring. He then looked at her questionably.

‘You’re first marriage proposal was much better than this one. At least you got down on one knee.’

They both laughed at this as Draco pulled back some of her silk hair away from her face. He kissed her again and again.

‘I’ve-missed-you-so-much,’ he said between kisses. Lullia pulled him down to where she was on her back and he was basically on top of her. He stopped kissing her and looked down at her. ‘Let’s get you inside before you freeze.’

She giggled and nipped at him. ‘Are you sure?’

Draco lightly kissed her. ‘Unless you’d like to explain stone burn?’

‘After you Mr. Malfoy.’

They ran inside holding hands and crept upstairs. They knew that no one would check up even if they had made noise on the stairs. Lullia pushed Draco inside her bedroom and locked the door. He nearly stumbled over his feet and caught himself before crashing into the bed. Lullia let out a snort of laughter covering up her mouth. Draco gave an awkward smile as he slipped off his shoes.

She walked up to him placing her hands on his chest. Her fingers traced circles and then slowly began to unbutton his shirt. Draco held onto her waist then let one hand slide underneath her skirt and pulled down the leggings. Her lacy panties soon fallowed. She helped him by basically jumping up kicking them off. Lullia then pulled Draco’s shirt off letting it fall to the floor and kissed his chest then lips while one hand brushed over his scar, unbuttoned his pants, and slid a hand down them.

Draco cupped her ass bringing her forward as their kisses became more hungrier each second. Lullia then hopped up wrapping her legs around him and this time made him fall backwards onto the bed. This time Lullia busted out laughing as Draco rested his arms on her shoulders, smiling.

‘Sorry, sorry,’ she snorted trying to calm down.

‘Uh-hah, I bet you are. I thought we were suppose to be quiet?’

‘They can’t hear us anyway. Guess which spell I still have on my door when you enter?’

He smirked and pulled off her sweater tossing it to the side. Lullia now pushed him down back onto the bed, kissing him and finished pulling down his pants. He kicked them off as he massaged her breasts. She grabbed his erection and slowly began to stoke it making him hiss through his teeth and arch his back. She smiled as he bit his lip and sat up, kissing her more deeply moving her back upward then moved her onto her back. Lullia then pulled down his boxers as he removed the last of her clothing as well. He quickly pulled off his boxers tossing them to the side.

Draco crawled on top of, kissed her, then put two fingers into her wet entrance making her buckle. He removed his fingers then positioned himself outside of her. ‘Ready?’ he breathed.

Lullia’s legs went back around him angling herself up towards him and touched his sweaty cheek. ‘You’ll never have to ask again.’

He thrusted inside of her, pulled half way out, then thrusted back in harder with each moan coming from both. Lullia arched her back, digging her nails into his back, and moved her body in turn with him. She soon began to moan his name louder and louder. When they finally came Lullia screamed, ‘DRACO!’ as he collapsed on top of her, breathing heavily.



*  *  *  *   *   *   *  *   *  *  *


They were lying in bed after their third round of love making. Lullia was wrapped up by Draco’s long protective arms that held her close to him. The way he was holding her she guessed that he had been wanting to hold her for some time now; tight and strong. She looked up at him seeing that his eyes were closed, but not asleep.

‘Draco?’

‘Hmm?’

‘You do realize that we’re now basically married, right?’

He opened his eyes and kissed her forehead. ‘Yes. Why do you ask?’

She sat up, elbows supporting her up. ‘I need to know. Either about the scar or what happened last week.’

Draco slightly frowned. He ran his finger up and down her arm. ‘I thought we had been through this,’ he muttered.

Lullia grabbed his hand still wearing her ring. ‘If you tell me what happened I’ll tell you why I went out with John.’

Draco almost growled at that name. Lullia couldn’t believe on how he still disliked him. ‘Fine. As you already know I get punished for not doing whatever my father or the Dark Lord orders or asks me to do in advance. When they finally found out that we were engaged Voldemort also realized your power. If I had known then what I know now I would’ve kept our engagement a secret.’ He paused as he unconsciously rubbed his scar. ‘They wanted me to make you join the Death Eaters like he had tried with your aunt. I refused. I couldn’t let them have you to just be his slave,’ he choked. ‘They were going to use you more than just your magic-your family status and for sex. They talked about-about raping you and holding you hostage for powerÉ’

Lullia had paled. She knew Voldemort wanted her, but apparently more than she knew.

‘When I refused to do so I told them that no matter what you’d never join, not even if they kidnapped me threatening my life. My father decided to try it out and stabbed me.’ Draco had now paled and Lullia sat up, hugging him tightly. He held onto her as well. ‘After that I knew the only way to keep you safe was to make you hate me. When I broke off the engagement I told them when I asked you to join, you slapped me, and, being a Malfoy, I smacked you back and ended our relationship. I just knew that if I stayed with you any longer that they’d get a hold of you.

 ‘Then when your mother mentioned you going to Hogwarts to choose between me or Potter, she slipped it to my father and Voldemort, they hounded me to fix our friendship and still persuade you to join. That’s why I tried running. I couldn’t let you be near me in case they captured you or regain our friendship. During break when my mother took us here they didn’t know you’d be with me. We lied saying that you went with Potter and still had nothing to do with me. Then they found out and wondered why I still hadn’t brought you to my house, so they could have you.’ He paused biting his lip now.

Lullia held him tighter. ‘You don’t have to go on,’ she whispered.

‘That night when I appeared in your house they said that they had gotten you and were going to kill you since you wouldn’t agree to join. They saw my face crumble and knew that I had been lying for years. My father used his cane on the back of my head and Voldemort did whatever to my back. The last thing I remember was being kicked on the floor and I thought of you.’ He leaned up and cupped her cheek seeing the tears building up. ‘That’s all I could think of near the end before the darkness would take over. I somewhat remember hearing a scream from my mother then someone said that if I died right there then how would they get you. I’m positive that Voldemort or my father was about to utter the killing curse, but then I ended up here.’

Tears were now spilling down her face slowly. He had almost died for her. ‘No wonder your mother looked dead when she came.’

Draco wiped away her tears with his thumbs. ‘Lullia, I would’ve rather died that day knowing you’d be safe forever than living another day without you.’

Lullia then fell into his chest crying once more. It wasn’t long nor extreme as the last time she cried, but still had the effect on her. Death. He would’ve died that day and she would’ve died when she found out. Draco now held her playing with the end of her hair.

‘And do you realize that I would’ve died as well? I’ve never stopped loving you for a second and going to Hogwarts, seeing you there, made it worse. Wanna know a secret?’ She looked up at him as he nodded. ‘I would’ve chosen you anyway. I wouldn’t have been happy with Harry no matter how much he makes me laugh.’

‘Well that’s a relief,’ he laughed, smiling, and kissed her forehead. ‘I think the worst thing you’ve done to me this year was kiss him.’ They laid back down against the pillows.

‘Don’t worry, you’re a much better kisser than him. You finally won at something.’

‘Ha. If only those stupid girls would realize it.’ He paused then asked, ‘So why did you go out with John?’

‘I overheard Pansy’s ‘evil plan’ on getting you back. To put it simply, John was to get me away from you and Harry and she was going to go after you again. I went along with it to throw off everyone at school.’

‘Well you did fool everyone,’ he muttered.

Lullia snuggled up against him as he held her closer to him. ‘I love you.’

Converting /tmp/phpeCOvuD to /dev/stdout