Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Broom Cupboard ❯ Last Letter First ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heh, I still don't own….so, ya.
 
-----------------------
 
“I'm not the one who's father's fascinatedby muggle things, you should know some muggle games.”
 
SLAP, CRASH, BAM!
 
“Leave my father's interests out of this! As soon as I get my wand, I swear I'll hex you so much, your mother won't even recognize you!”
 
Groan. “Geeze Ginny, didn't realize your father was such a touchy subject.”
 
Still fuming. “I thought that we already discussed that! Geeze.”
 
Rubs nose. “You punch harder than Granger.”
 
Cools down, but only a bit. “Is that a compliment?”
 
“Sorta, do you Gryffindor females have to punch me to relieve your stress?” Wiggles nose. “I think you broke it.”
 
“Don't be such a baby, and it's just me and Hermione from Gryffindor that have slugged you, but both times were your fault…here, let me see your nose.” Kneels over. “Does this hurt?”
 
Wince.
 
“It doesn't seem broken, more like bruised, when we get out of here, I'll heal it for you ok?”
 
“Whatever.”
 
“There you go with being a snob again, I'm just trying to help.”
 
“Sorry.”
 
“…”
 
“Ginny?”
 
“Hm?”
 
“Never mind.”
 
“I don't know if it's a muggle game, but we could play it.”
 
“What?”
 
“It's called `last letter first', my brothers and I used to play it whenever we had to go with mum and dad on some boring thing for the ministry.”
 
“Oh, I think I understand, you shouldn't have to explain the rules.”
“Why, because you're so superior to us low life Weasleys that you don-”
 
“Don't even start that again, I meant that the title is self-explanatory. What d'I look like? Potter?”
 
“Are you saying that Harry's dumb?”
 
“Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.”
 
“Could you not?”
 
“Why?”
“Because Harry's my friend, that's why.”
“Whatever.”
 
“Running.”
“What?”
 
“I started playing, you said `whatever' so I said a word that started with `r' `running'.”
 
“Oh, grape.”
 
“Exactly”
 
“Yum.”
 
“More.”
 
“Egg.”
 
“Goat.”
 
“Track.”
 
“Ketchup.”
 
“Pie.”
 
“Enjoying.”
 
“Game.”
 
“Sorta.”
 
“That didn't start with `e' Ginny.”
 
“I know, I started a different game. I say a word and you say the first thing that comes to mind, then I say the first thing that comes to mind after I say that, and so on.”
 
“Tell me next time you decide to start a new game would you?”
 
“Sure.”
 
“Fine.”
 
“Ok.”
 
“Yes.”
 
“No.”
 
“But why?”
 
“Because.”
 
“I said so.”
 
“Damn.”
 
“Swearing?”
 
“Oops.”
 
“Mistake.”
 
“Percy.”
 
“Pratt.”
 
“Brat.”
 
“Granger.”
 
“Brains.”
 
“Attack.”
 
“Wait, how'd you know about that?!”
 
“My dad told me about the department of mysteries.”
 
“He-he did?”
 
“Yes, he told me the tale of how he landed in Azkaban when I visited him last. I didn't want to, but mother insisted.”
 
“You love you mother don't you?”
 
“She's the only one who doesn't look at me with either fear, loathing, or power-hungriness.”
 
“Your father doesn't love you?”
 
“Nope.”
“But how could a father not love his son?”
 
“Not sure.”
 
“You-know-who's father didn't love him.”
 
“How would you know that?”
Looks away. “…”
 
“Ginny,”
 
“…”
 
“Ginny?”
 
“…”
 
POKE
 
“OWIEEE!!!”
 
SLAP!
 
“Dammit bitch!”
 
“Don't poke me!”
“Don't slap me!”
 
“Don't poke me and I wont' slap you!”
 
“Say something when I say your name!”
 
“I'd rather not talk about how I know!”
 
“Why didn't you just say that!”
 
“You'd pester me to find out why, then I'd end up talking about it!”
 
“I'd leave it at `I don't want to talk about it'!”
 
“Like hell you would Draco!”
 
“It can't be much worse than the reason I know!”
 
“Oh really!”
 
“Yes really!”
 
“Then how do you know Draco!”
 
Deep breath. Sigh. “Before I came to Hogwarts, my dad gave me his old diary to write in, but when it started responding, and I found out some things that I'd rather not know, I gave it back to my father.”
 
Shakily. “Y-you had Ri-Riddle's diary?”
 
“How did you know it was Riddle?”
 
“Your bastard father gave me that damn thing in my second year. How do you think I got into the mess with the chamber of secrets?”
 
Eyes nearly pop out of his head. “I should've figured that when I saw you walking down the hall with the spaced out look, but you were a first year, I didn't know that it wasn't normal for you.”
 
“You mean he took your mind too?”
 
“Only once, but mum wasn't too pleased, so she had me give it to dad, she made him hide it away where I couldn't find it.”
 
“Who would've thought that we had something besides being pure-blood in common.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Can we stay away from the subject of my first year?”
 
“Sure.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
“No problem.”
 
“Y'know something Draco, you're not all that bad when you're separated from all your cronies.”
 
“You're not so bad yourself Ginny.”
 
“I've seen a completely different side to you in here Draco, you're actually not that bad of a guy.”
 
“You're not half bad yourself,”
 
“For a muggle hugger?”
“Yeah” Realizes what he said. “I-”
 
SLAP!
 
BAM!
 
“Dammit woman!”
 
“You weren't supposed to agree with me!”
“I didn't mean to!”
 
“Sure, whatever. Like hell you didn't mean it!”
 
“You wanna know something Ginny!”
“What!”
 
Leans foreword and kisses Ginny.
 
-----------------
 
I'm just gonna leave it there, heh, I'm so evil. R&R please, and any flames will be used to make s'mores.