Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Broom Cupboard ❯ Alohamorah ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me no own, so you no sue.
 
------------------------------------
 
Broom Cupboard-Chapter 2: Alohamora
 
“Dammit.”
 
“What's wrong?”
 
“Don't do that.”
 
“Fine.” Leans back on wall.
 
“Thank you.”
 
Gasp. “What's this! The Draco Malfoy saying thank you? Has hell frozen over?”
 
“Shut up, I can be nice, if I want to.”
 
Rolls eyes, “Sure, whatever, name one person that you've been nice to that isn't family or in Slytherin.”
 
“…”
 
“That's what I thought…Hey, why don't you try to use alohamora to open the door?”
 
“Why don't you?”
 
Glares, “If you remember correctly, Goyle took my wand and chucked it out the window.”
 
“Oh, right.” Reaches into pocket. “Where's my wand?”
 
Face faults. “You mean to tell me that you lost your wand!?”
 
“Uh, yes?”
 
“Wrong answer! If I had my wand right now, I'd hex you round the block and back again!”
 
“IF YOU HAD YOUR WAND, WE'D BE OUT OF HERE!”
 
“Oh, yeah.”
 
Uncomfortable silence
 
“So…”
 
“So…”
 
“Why do you hate me Malfoy?”
 
Shocked. “Where did that come from??”
 
“I'm just curious.”
 
“I don't hate you.”
“You sure act like it. Is it because my father's a `muggle lover' as you so kindly put it.”
 
“I only do as my father's instructed me to do.”
 
“You should stop listening to your father then, he's feeding you lies.”
 
“My father's a scary guy!”
 
“If you're so scared of him, why do you always use him to defend yourself, wouldn't you be getting punished because you can't handle your own problems?”
 
“…”
 
“Well?”
 
“…”
 
“Malfoy?”
 
“…”
 
“Draco?”
 
“…”
 
SLAP!
 
“Ow! What the hell was that for Weasly?”
 
“You weren't saying anything!”
“I was thinking!”
 
“About what!”
 
“Stuff!”
 
“Stuff?”
“Yes, Weasly, stuff, is that ok with you?”
 
“Whatever.”
 
Small silence.
 
“Did you just call me Draco?”
 
“That is your name isn't it? Draco.”
 
“Yeah, but-”
 
“But what? I'm not allowed to call you by the name you were given?”
“No, it's not that.”
 
“Then what?”
“I just-the only ones to call me Draco are my parents and Pansy.” Shudder.
 
“I take it you don't like her?”
“Would you like her if you had her clinging to your arm every day?”
 
“I see your point…are you ok with me calling you Draco?”
 
“Sure.”
 
“Can I ask a favor of you?”
 
“Depends on what it is?”
 
“Would you mind not calling me Weasly? It makes me feel, well, I don't know.”
“Sure, Ginny.”
 
“Thank you. I'm not sure how you managed to differentiate between my brothers when Percy, Fred and George were still here.”
 
“Simple, I just avoided them when there was more than one Weasly in the room.”
 
Giggle
 
“Are you laughing at me?”
 
“Yes, it was funny.”
 
“I wasn't trying to be funny.”
“But when you do try to be funny, it usually hurts people's feelings.”
 
“But it's fun.”
 
“For you maybe, but it's not a good feeling being reminded of how your family can't afford brand new clothes and books, money is tight, but you wouldn't understand that, being pampered your entire life.”
 
“That really gets to you?”
“Yes, Draco, it does. And it hurts.”
“I was just poking fun, I didn't mean any harm by it.”
 
“Well, it did cause harm. Do you not remember your 5th year, after the quittich match?”
 
Groan. “How could I forget?”
 
“Well, it got to Fred and George, you're lucky that Ron didn't hear you, that would've been half the team after you, and Weasly boys tend to be pretty strong.”
 
Rubs cheek. “I noticed, but it seems that Weasly girls are too.”
 
“No, you're just weak.”
 
“What!?”
 
“Kidding, just kidding.”
 
“Now who's poking fun?”
 
“But you can tell that I'm not serious.”
 
“…”
 
Slides down the wall to the floor. “I'm getting bored, can you think of anything to do?”
 
“I'm not the one who's father's fascinated by muggle things, you should know some muggle games.”
 
------------------------------------------------
 
There ya go, please review.