Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 15: Twists of Fate ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Harry Potter or so Forth...kind of wish I did but I don't. Anyhow please read the rest of the disclaimer in chapter 1.
 
Chuckles...
 
Wow I guess you all are making sure it's the same story from before. Well it is if you haven't noticed. I have only done some subtle changes and put in some slight hints of pairings as well as possible hatreds.
 
So I do recommend that you go back and look over the previous chapters carefully and see where I put my two cents worth of info in LOL. Anterrian one of my regular reviewers can vouch, sometimes I am very subtle.
 
And Sometimes I come out like a rocket...am hard to miss....
 
And sometimes...I like to make you mad and leave lots a cliffys..... But then how am I going to get you all to come back for more if I don't
 
Anyhow....
 
Kastille, Mellyone...-I'm a stubborn woman. When something catches my eye and it don't get done. I got to do it! I just have to!
 
LostLena...- Do not worry I do not plan on tossing it to someone else. When something catches my eye I try to finish it. This story is actually responsible for inspiring me to finish a few of mine before I took over. As to pairings....giggles. I have already given hints to two...one is kind of obvious at the moment.
 
The other not so in more then one way....and that I might change that one to a different person to. Ain't telling my mind got two different scenarios in my head at the moment... for this story not to mention a half dozen more for other stories I am doing.
 
And to the others who are happy that I am taking this up and over. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
 
As to how long this may be before anyone asks.
 
I have no clue! I never know how long I go until it is done.
 
Chapter 15
 
Twists of fate...
 
It goes to figure the fates would love to mess with Harry now as they did then years ago. Arriving in France only just the previous day, he and Remus were well on their way to the Werewolf Pride known simply as La Royaute de la Lune.
 
Making their way there, as Remus had been given instructions to meet with an informant, who had been making her way through some of the others non-human tribes as he was doing for the werewolves.
 
She was to guide him to a cabin for his use as well as be the messenger between himself and Dumbledore.
 
Maybe there was a reason as to apparently why the cup had chosen her to be one of the champions years ago. For as the blonde looks at him in momentary confusion and then shock, Remus catches her as she collapses in a faint.
 
“Harry I had no idea this would happen. Was not expecting a veela!”
 
“I did somewhat Remus.” The seven year with a 23 year old mentality responded with a wry grin. “If I had thought about it, Beaubaxtons is located in France anyway. I should have remembered that much about Fleur. In the tent when we were checking wands, before the first task, she had mentioned that hers had the core of a veela hair in it. It was one that she had gotten from her grandmother....”
 
“Well then what shall we do? She is bound to report this to Dumbledore.” Remus stated with a calm mind. His arms having picked up the blonde bridal style almost he felt a twinge of pain as if he was betraying someone else....
 
Shaking it off, he looks to the seven year old Harry, who studies him with eyes far too old for such a young face.
 
“She won't.” Harry said quietly.
 
“What do you mean...?”
 
“She owes me for saving her sister.” Harry responded. “Maybe it is best that this happens now rather then later.” The child voice of the light's only hope responded with thoughtfulness. “We need someone who can move around better then anyone of us can at the moment.”
 
Understanding his words, Remus and Harry continued on with the unconscious blonde in the Wolf's arms. Eventually reaching their destination, of what would be a shared cabin between them, Remus sets about tending to the blonde to help her come around.
 
As Harry begins to search for food to prepare supper...
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
It would be about an hour or so as the scent of meat and various vegetables in a stew encouraged the blonde to come around as well.
 
Her blue eyes opening wide, she sits bolt up right to find a sense of wolf around her which she had expected according to Dumbledore's instructions. But it was the little boy with him....
 
The little boy who gave off the exact some magical feel as well as looked exactly like someone she knew almost 10 years ago.
 
“Harry? I must be dreaming?” Fleur groggily said as she tried to shake images of a pair of green eyes that are extremely hard to forget.
 
“No, not dreaming Fleur....” A childlike voice told her with wisdom that should not belong, to someone so young. Turning her head towards the sound, she finds the seven year with a bowl of fragrant stew in front of her. Speechless and in shock, she just can't seem to say anything as all sense seems to leaves her.
 
A playful almost impish nature coming over him, Harry holds the spoon out, filled with the rich and meaty broth.
 
“Open wide!”
 
That shook her out of her stupor long enough, for the blonde to send Harry a glare to rival others. But before she could speak, she finds herself silenced immediately with the wave of the youthful hand.
 
“Before I explain anything Fleur, you must swear upon your magic and the debt that you owe me you will not reveal this secret to anyone in the Order. Especially Dumbledore!”
 
Giving a reluctant nod, as the debt between them is triggered, a bright blue glow from her wand flows from her to meet and blend with the emerald green of his aura. Her voice released now, Fleur looks up at the blonde with an expression of irritation and maybe annoyance.....
 
“How?”
 
A small sigh is emitted, but as he gestures for her to eat, Fleur listens. Being the veela and friend to Harry that she was, she did so proudly as one of the few, who despite everything believed in the youth and his innocence.
 
Veela are inherently magical creatures and within them is a sixth sense of sorts when it comes to magic. Enough of a sense that allows them to see through illusions....
 
Which is why she had fainted....
 
By all accounts her longtime friend from the tournament had passed on and yet here was...as a child.
 
Hearing about the fact that he was a phoenix Animagus though....that set her to thinking.....
 
“Fleur?”
 
“Oh forgive me Harry?” The French girl said with a soft and lilting accent. “Your Animagus form, I have heard of that happening before. I simply can not think where at the moment. For Remus and the others were right. It is not possible for one to become a magical creature unless....”
 
“Unless what?”
 
“I shall not say anything more Harry until I am sure.” The 26 year old woman stated with a thoughtful and hurried nature. “I must go and research this now while it is fresh in my mind. Until then I bid you adieu, I shall com and bring you some more food in a couple of days. Till then I bid adieu and do be careful, Monsieur Lupin.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“You shall see, but Alexandre is someone who does not fool around. He can be worse than Voldemort if he is crossed.”