Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 16: Wolf ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter and please look at the rest of the disclaimer on Chapter 1
 
Hitler...- Not always Alexandre is french for Alexander after all...
 
Chapter 16
 
Wolf
 
Having left Harry at the cabin in the woods, under the watchful eye of Fleur, Remus had apperated to a local muggle bar that Fleur had stated the wolf leader he was seeking often frequented. Taking her warning into account, Remus had left after having promised Harry, that should anything happen he would leave right away.
 
Alexandre was indeed a werewolf of a different sort, Remus noticed as the dark haired man made his rounds, in the club among men and women alike. The man exuded a primal grace that made the wolfishness of his own soul sing with pride and with fear. For as Alexandre turned and narrowed a pair of blue eyes on him....
 
An urge to cower forced Remus to back up. He had thought he was an alpha, for he had as much power as Greyback. But this man...this Alexandre, had immense power that dwarfed his to that it felt like nothing.
 
“Why are you here Wolfling?”
 
Feeling a trifle insulted at the name he has been called as that is reserved for the children or newbies in the prides. Remus can't help but let Moony out for a second in response to the man's perceived insult.
 
He immediately regretted that. Grasping his hand within his own, it was at that moment Remus realized Alexandre was keeping his power leashed. Truly felt now, Remus felt the full effect of this werewolf and whined as the strength crushed his hand, as he could literally feel the bones breaking within it.
 
“You are from that country, the one where the wolves have grown weak and spineless to the point that they join with humans for protection.”
 
“No I join with no one!”
 
“Then you are a loner! Meat to be wasted!”
 
Growling out his challenge to prove him wrong, Remus felt Moony respond with a vengeance. His eyes flashing gold, Remus leaps for Alexandre's throat and the challenge is accepted. Tossing him outside as if he was nothing, the other patrons simply shrug and turn back to their drinks.
 
They were used to Alexandre tossing people out after all.
 
Moments later they are shocked as the sound of a howling wolf echoing in the air. It is not something that happens everyday, and they are further shocked as a growl of anger emits from their friend and companion.
 
“Stay here... and lock the doors behind me.”
 
Only the bartender understands and nods his head in compliance. He was one of Alexandre's pride members and it was he who notified his leader of Remus's presence. His customers looking at him confusedly, he simply shakes his head as he follows his leader to the doors.

Already he has started to shift and as the bartender closes the special enforced door, the sounds of two animals snarling and ripping at each others flesh has begun.
 
His customers, afraid now as the rabid sound only increases, he plies them with even more whiskey, wine, beer, any kind of drink they asked for to drown it out. He gave them...
 
Still as the yips and snarls grew louder and went on for quite some time. He began to wonder about this silver wolf. But when they stopped all of a sudden.....
 
He wondered who won.
 
Hesitating, he would simply wait until the signal was given by Alexandre to unlock the doors.
 
Unknowingly to the bartender, it would be quite a while before that would happen.
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
Outside in the woods around the bar, Alexandre and Remus were in what you would call a stalemate. Despite his overwhelming power over the other, the leader of La Royaute found himself impressed as against all odds. This man had not given up, in the fact that he had to fight to not only get his dignity back.
 
But that he might have figured out this was the dark haired man's way of testing him.
 
Testing his own power...
 
Ready to keep going Alexandre growls as others have come. He lets out a commanding howl, and some shy away now with their tails tucked down between their legs. One does not listen and although as old as Alexandre he was impetuous and thinking his leader weak attacks from behind.
 
Alexandre growls in rage... at the audacity this wolf had to interfere in his own battle. Whipping around his jaws snap immediately around his opponents neck and bites down hard, with relative ease not only does he snap the interlopers neck with one bite. He tosses him like he was nothing deep and far into the woods.
 
Despite his wolfish nature accepting it Remus watched in horror, as this was done from the safety given to him by the Wolf's mind.
 
This is why Fleur had warned him.
 
Alexandre does not hesitate to kill those who intrude on what he perceives as his and he gains power from it.
 
For it is well known among all magical creatures born or made....
 
The blood carries the magic.... And with death it transfers to the one who drinks it.
 
For the sheer amount of power that Alexandre exudes....
 
He had to have killed many.