Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 17: Legend ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter and by now you should know the rest of what is on Chapter 1
 
Chapter 17
 
Legend
 
While Remus is dealing with what could only be called a true wolf in all senses of the word. Harry is working alongside Fleur to not only find out why he can transform into a magical creature such as the Phoenix. But why he has de-aged to the point that he was a 23 year old man trapped in a 7 year old body.
 
At the moment, Harry was showing her specifically what kind of Phoenix he was in a transformation. Although all Phoenixes looked alike in color and beauty, there were subtle differences in their feathers as well as their songs.
 
It was the only way to tell them apart.
 
Fleur figured that maybe if they discovered what kind of phoenix he turned into. It would narrow it down to where she had heard the story from. As Harry moved his body with relative ease now, the blonde's eyes widened to near saucer like proportions as what could only be an elegant bird stood in front of her.

Different even for the most exotic of phoenixes, Harry's plumage was unlike any she had ever seen. Scarlet red as was common with most, his feathers were tipped with greens as well as black and gold. As the Phoenix ruffled its feathers in embarrassment, that could only belong to her friend, who hates the limelight.
 
Fleur takes in the deadly claws and the sharpness of the beak.
 
Nodding her head a signal for him to transform back, Harry returned to his seven year old state....with an expression of utter annoyance.
 
“Harry?”
 
“I was just wondering why I can't just transform into my real age.”
 
“That is a good point Harry. Are you sure you haven't tried?”
 
Harry gave her a pointed expression.
 
“So have tried, and you did return to normal?”
 
“Yes. Remus believes it is because of the Phoenix aspect of my Animagus transformation. Since Phoenixes age naturally after each of their rebirths, he theorizes that unless someone invents a permanent re-aging potion. Before I am even 10 again Voldemort will more then likely have won the battle and the war.”
 
Nodding her head completely in agreement with his words, Fleur was admittedly thoughtful at the implications. Still she knew that according to the legend that had just her as she thinks about this, she has a feeling Harry will return to normal.
 
But....only if certain circumstances were met...
 
“Harry tell me what do you know about the legends of Nimue?”
 
“Nimue?”
 
Smiling indulgently, Fleur begins to speak.....
 
You already know about the legends of Merlin Oui? Good. What most people do not realize and attribute to Morgan le Fay often is that it was not she who entrapped the great wizard turned sorcerer.
 
But a fae witch named Nimue. It is she who actually entrapped Merlin in another dimension. She you see was a selfish fae who wanted his magic for her own. So she had set about seducing him.First as a brilliant bird then as a woman.
 
She never intended to fall in love.
 
To save him from the great battles between Arthur and Mordred that she knew was to come. Arthur had supposedly betrayed Merlin enough times at this point that she knew he was more susceptible. More open to suggestion....
 
She appeared to him once again as a great bird and began to dance as she resumed her human shape. Her songs had lulled him into a deep trance like sleep. In the end, this allowed her to trap him in a place where only she could let him out.
 
“What does that have to do with me being a Phoenix?”
 
“Harry, the bird she could turn into as legends tell us was a Phoenix.” Fleur replied with a gentle smile. “But that is not the end of the story.”
 
“How so?”
 
“You see there was another way for Merlin to escape.”
 
“Which is?”
 
“He had to be desperately needed by those who have forsaken him to return to normal.”
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
Hogwarts, the musings of a bird
 
Fawkes looks at his troubled bond mate with something akin to pity in his bright eyes. The Phoenix knew that his long time friend had felt so sure of that incident long ago, with the young one that he had allowed things to happen as they may.
 
He did not listen to his warning trills or to that troubling feeling of emotions deep in his soul that the bird can still feel to this day.
 
Watching as the old one paces back and forth, Fawkes decides to go out and about in flight to check on the others his young one has influenced deeply with his presence. Still he does not really have to go anywhere as a giant of a mans tumbles into the office ranting about something.
 
“She's gone! Dumbledore-sir! She gone and flown the coop!”
 
“Calm down Hagrid!” Dumbledore said quietly as he places a hand on the blubbering giant's arm, in reassurance. Giving him a few moments to collect himself, Dumbledore smiled as he took his seat and transfigured one large enough for Hagrid to sit in.
 
“Now who's flown the coop?”
 
“Harry's owl Dumbledore-sir! Hedwig's gone!”
 
Paling, Dumbledore almost seemed sad once more. Ever since Harry's death the owl had become something of a symbol to the light much like Fawkes had become. But unlike the phoenix she was only a familiar to the boy who lived and hence not only has many wizards wished to see her to offer the snowy bird a treat or something.
 
Many well wishers who were assassins had tried to kill the owl as well.
 
For the light to loose Hedwig now....
 
Would be a devastating blow....
 
Elsewhere and deep over the North Sea
 
Winging her way towards France a large white with black markings bird was singing for joy as she finally felt her Master's call.