Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 18: Interest ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter and do read the rest of what is in Chapter 1
 
Frequency Queen....- I never said Merlin was coming back, he can not anyway those who have forsaken him have long since passed on. Remember, though Fleur wanted to know if Harry knew about Nimue... Maybe the story of Nimue and Merlin ties into what is happening to Harry?
 
Frog1...- Although some of it is false on purpose to fit with the story. You will find that many assume that Arthur had only one sister. And that to a degree she was much responsible for what happened in Camelot.
 
That was not true.
 
She did not sleep with her brother to birth Mordred. That was her older sister Morgana. She was not the evil witch that took away his mentor and father figure in Merlin. That was his doing as well as the machinations of Nimue according to the actual legends recorded in ancient books.
 
The only thing that Morgan inadvertently did contribute to was the meeting of Lancelot and Guinevere.
 
So the question is this. Just exactly who was Nimue?
 
Maybe the answer lies within what is happening to Harry with the legend of her and Merlin.
 
Chapter 18
 
Interest
 
As things were happening, those who had been spying for Voldemort in the various aspects of business at Hogwarts were reporting to the fact that Hedwig had vanished.
 
The delight at the fact that somehow she had died was the first thing to have come to mind. He hated the fact that in the years after his death and the ensuing revelation of his being innocent, it had turned the bird into some kind of bloody icon. Several times in the past 2 years he had sent in his loyal death eaters to assassinate the blasted owl.
 
But the security around her was too tight. And even when it wasn't she was always flying around that great oaf of a former classmate Hagrid. The half-giant was simply too well known to the children as well as the wizards for Voldemort to attack him directly.
 
So the owl had been a thorn in his side for a long time by simply existing. Still if she had flown the coop as his little spies had reported.
 
“Malfoy!”
 
“Yes my Lord?” Replied Draco as he approached. The young man had replaced his father albeit very reluctantly in his ranks. With the subsequent arrest and death of Harry Potter many people had lost hope and done what they needed to do to survive.
 
Draco never wanted to be a Death Eater. He never wanted to even meet the dark lord. But things have a way of happening when they least suspect.
The death of his father for instance...
 
His father had died in Azkaban. It was a punishment for failing to keep the potions master out of trouble. The one that had allowed them to keep Harry in Azkaban long enough for that bumbling fool Fudge to have him kissed.
 
Speaking of the idiot....
 
Voldemort turned to look at his most recently acquired pet of sorts.
 
A bumbling old fool of a former minister was shivering far and deep into his little corner away from the vile wizard. He was used often as a way for Voldemort to take his rage out on.
 
It was fun...
 
Currently he was naked practically despite the filth he was covered in. And he was shuddering in fear. Voldemort just smiled evilly as he deftly tortured the man body and soul with a simple spell as he spoke to Draco who was cringing in pity.
 
“The owl has escaped. Spread the word. I want that blasted bird dead at first sight!”
 
“Yes my Lord.” Draco bowed as he turned away. The blonde giving a small sigh of sorrow, it turns to a yelp of extreme pain as Fudge is given a respite from Voldemort's cruelty as a crucio hits the blonde hard and fast in the back.
 
“Don't ever make a sound like that around me is that clear?”
 
“Yes My Lord....” Draco winced out as he was released from the pain spell. The blonde limping out now, as gracefully as he could opens and closes the doors behind him. Luckily he is caught by a woman whom some would never have expected to join the dark side. But does so willingly out of safety for her family and out of need for vengeance....
 
“Ginny...thank you.”
 
“Draco, you have to be careful about what you say or do.”
 
“Don't you think I know that?” The blonde snapped as he glared at her and then softened as a contrite feeling immediately overwhelmed him. “Forgive me...it's just....”
 
“That serving him is getting to you....it's getting to us all Draco.” Ginny said softly. Out of those who had attended Hogwarts while Harry was alive, over half had refused to join Voldemort whose power had risen considerably since the youth's death.
 
Those that did had only done so to protect loved ones and to find a way to survive. Her old boyfriend Dean for example was one such person. He was now in Voldemort's inner circle as well alongside Draco. In the beginning he had only joined to keep his family safe from the threats the dark wizard was sending to those pure bloods in Hogwarts.
 
But now?
 
Unlike the blonde, Dean had fallen for the charming persona that was Voldemort. He had willingly killed his own family that he had sworn to protect when they refused to come and join the dark wizard alongside him.
 
Nowadays the old Dean was starting to re-emerge once more and what was coming out was frightening.
 
Dean was becoming like Draco's aunt...Bellatrix.
 
He was certifiably insane....