Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 19: Wolf History ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter
 
PEOPLE I INSIST YOU READ CHAPTER ONE AND THE NOTE I LEFT IN THERE!
 
Apparently I have had a people who chose not to, still emailing me about grammar and demanding I change the plot to what they want!
 
Sir Gawain of Camelot...- Nimue was not the name of the Lady of the lake according to the books I have read concerning the legends of author as told down through history and ancient stories. Nimue and the Lady of the lake in several versions are two separate people.
 
I do know of the versions of you speak of and have enjoyed every single on of them. But the ones I am talking about is she literally took him to another place similar in aspects of Avalon. My family is military and we were stationed in England for quite some time that I grew a love for their legends there....
 
Lixa Levine...- I promise I won't abandon and I am sure both of the previous ones did not mean to do so as well. Sometimes real life just gets the better of us. As to my story part I thank you...and maybe Ginny went to the dark side for reasons of her own....
 
PadyandMoony....- I thank you from the bottom of my heart for unlike certain others yours was actually helpful. And I do like suggestions. I just don't like being TOLD to do it as you can judge by the review page for yourself. Tends to make me want to do the opposite just to tick the person off
 
As was suggested Dean in the series was a muggleborn, here I made him a pureblood. Reason being his was the first name I could think of in reference to Ginny heh....
 
Chapter 19
 
Wolf History
 
France....
 
Since Remus had witnessed the wolf leader of La Royaute de la Lune kill, one of his own, without any problem. What frightens him most about it, as time passes; it is not horror that still fills his soul at the memory of it.
 
It is acceptance.
 
The horror is still there mind you, and it still makes him nervous about what he is dealing with. But yet the death does not frighten him anymore, almost as if the wolf was pushing him for letting it go.
 
“That is because it is....”
 
Not realizing he had voiced his thoughts out, Remus let out a sheepish look of surprise. Chuckling amusedly at it Alexandre, gives a growl which immediately silences not only Remus but others around them.
 
“Who made you?”
 
I do not know for certain. It happened when I was 6.” Remus replied. “I do have reason to believe that it was Fenrir Greyback.”
 
The wizard almost regretted saying that as Alexandre had him only seconds later pinned high to the wall with a single arm. Other wolves around them growling their rage and hatred of the name whispered, the brown haired former professor finds himself struggling to breathe as this action has caught him off guard.
 
“That vile wolf still lives!” Alexandre growled out.
 
Struggling to break his hold upon his neck, Remus can't help but plead to Moony within him to break free. He finds his wolf though already trying to do just that, but is held back with ease by the immense and angry aura of the Wolf within this man.
 
Alexandre...you must allow him to answer after all he can not do that if he can not breathe...”
 
Whoever that soft feminine voice was, Remus struggles to say thank you as the pressure on his throat immediately lightens up. Turning as he clutches it instinctively to see if it was still there and in one piece, he finds himself staring at an extremely beautiful woman.
 
Brilliant silver hair and blue eyes much like the man in front of him, the woman approaches and places her arms around him. Leaning back against her out of habit, the woman comforts him....
 
As a mother would her son...
 
Realization made, but anger not forgotten Alexandre strides away with several of his pack pride alongside him. Leaving only three others there alone with Remus and the older woman, who stares at him compassionately.
 
“Please forgive my son....” She said quietly, gesturing for some medicine. “The mention of...that ones name still how you say...? Angers him a bit.....”
 
“What...?” Remus managed to say before he is hushed with a gentle hand by the woman to his lips.
 
“What did he do?” She replied sadly and with a gentle gaze.
 
“Yes.”
 
“We do not like to think of it. But because you are new we shall tell you. Fenrir was once one of us. He turned to humans because he desired power to surpass Alexandre....” She responded as she shivered in pain. “He....he...laced the water in the well of our home.....with silver nitrate.”
 
Paling now as her words him, Remus almost actually begin to cry alongside her as she kept speaking,”
 
“Our pride...our pack...was once twice the size it is now. Many born not made...we were happy. But he....he desired power and to that he had to get rid of others...others far stronger then him.”
 
“We were having a party that weekend to celebrate new additions coming to our pride. So many had drunk from it.... including my husband and my son's pregnant mate.”
 
Watching as the woman gets up and walks away Remus realizes that as she had spoken she had healed him and not once did he cringe in pain.
 
“Now you know why we do not speak his name around my son. My son does respect you wolfing. It has been a long time since someone had stood up to him for as long as you did. Many at the sheer size of his aura would have simply surrendered. You did not, he was impressed.”
 
“Are you sure about that?” Remus couldn't help but state with a small smile and a hoarse voice. One that is responded to with a soft chuckle and a smile of friendliness....
 
“You are alive are you not?” She answered from the woods before fading away. Leaving Remus alone...
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
U.K
 
Instinct often plays a large role in the lives of all animals. Two and four legged alike. It is what keeps us on guard, what warns us when something is wrong.
 
On his way to keep a meeting with his human partner/boss of sorts Voldemort, Fenrir Greyback let out an involuntary shiver. Something he has not done since...since those days with them.
 
He is lucky in the fact that wolves here in the UK where weak willed and that their alphas did not have the strength that Alexandre did. Here he found his power that he wanted, and the ability to make as many werewolves to join his pride that Alexandre had expressly forbidden any and all.
 
It was stupid to restrict the joining of others are to change children to replace the ones that were lost. Children were far more malleable to adapting to their new abilities then grown men and women were after all.
 
Sure a few of them went insane with the rages of the wolf.
 
It was all right that a few destroyed themselves in the grief of what they had lost.
 
In the end it was only the strong ones that he wanted in his pride. Ones that did not bow to adversity and simply made the best of what life had to offer them. Ironically most of the children that accepted their new lot in life were wizards and witches.
 
Which, is one of the things that had brought him to Voldemort....
 
The dark wizard had promised him that with the aide of his wolves, Fenrir could turn as many as he wanted and he would not bat an eye.
 
That was an enticing promise that the Wolf would savor every chance he gets.
 
Still at this moment, that warning shiver flows down his spine was more and the wolf he carries is frightened now. Sniffing the air for any changes in the scent of it, Fenrir is thoughtful. Nothing has changed; no one he does not know, nor fear, approaches him.
 
Then why has he become afraid?
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

A little sneak preview of the next chapter
 
Ron Weasely was miserable. Actually more then miserable, he down right hated his life. But who could he blame for it....no one but himself.
 
He had turned on his friend.
 
He had trusted evidence that was right in front of him, never thinking once of the magic that could change the simplest little thing. He, whom unlike his departed best friend and former girlfriend, he who had grown up knowing what he was all his life never thought of what magic could do....
 
Hermione had pointed that out many times during their catastrophic fights after the revelation that Harry was innocent.
 
She had the gall to even blame him for changing her way of thought. Making her take the fact she was a witch for granted....