Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 20: Remembrance ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter and please do not be an ignoramus and not read the note in Chapter 1? I would really appreciate if you do read it. Saves me from having to rip some new holes into people....
 
Iaveina...- Meh...you weren't the only one. Mine on Fritz to....
 
Lixa Levine...- Thank you very much and I am simply working off a rough idea from my predecessors and expanding it as I add my own.
 
Strange Magic...- Do not worry Tonks will be making an appearance
 
PadyandMoony...- I am a fanatic for gothic novels involving werewolves, vampires and the such. I kind of call myself an expert from the various readings and viewing of classics. I have a HUGE library!
 
I do prefer the approach to wolves stated by Wendy and Richard Pini in their Elfquest series which is how I am going to mostly base the werewolves behavior in general, but the alphas such as Alexandre and Remus are going to be based on various people that I know and also hear about in the news where I live.
 
For I am a firm believer in trying to make things seem as real as possible.
 
Dean is not a muggle born but a pure blood in this as well before I forget.
 
Chapter 20
 
Remembrance...
 
It's been seven years...
 
Seven long and horrible years for the Wizarding world to live through, thought many of Harry's former friends. Their regrets obvious on their faces some of them could not stand to be in the same room with even a picture of him.
 
The pain was simply too much....
 
Whereas others could handle it, there were those that could not.
 
Ron Weasely was one such person.
 
You see, Ron Weasely was miserable. Actually more then miserable, he down right hated his life. But who could he blame for it....not his family. Not his teachers or his friends. Not even his ex-girlfriend as much as he would like to. In the end he had no one but himself.
 
He had turned on his friend. The one person, who had mad ea difference in his life, made him feel like something other then the youngest of the Weasely brothers. The one who had told him secretly several times that he envies Ron for his loving family.
 
He abandoned his brother in all but blood...Harry Potter.
 
He had trusted evidence that was right in front of him, never thinking once of the magic that could change the simplest little thing. He, whom unlike his departed best friend and former girlfriend, who were still so new. So innocent of what true magic wielders can do....
 
He should have known that sooner or later someone out there was going to find a way around it. A spell or a potion that can circumvent the truth...
 
Hermione had pointed that out many times during their catastrophic fights after the revelation that Harry was innocent. After he had been kissed for things he did not do. She had ranted about how she should have thought about it. But how like many others of the Wizarding world, she had taken what was there for granted.
 
Not once did Ron argue against that....
 
For as much as would love to do that. He realized that she was right. The Wizarding world does take what they can do for granted. That's why their world was as messed up as it was now. They were so steeped in what they already did. They never stopped to think of what they could achieve.
 
But when he had realized that, he had already lost those that meant so much to him.
 
It was the anniversary of Fred and Charlie's deaths tomorrow. Many would be mourning the two brothers alongside the Dursleys. The last of Harry's family from his mother's side had been killed not long after the two red heads had fallen.
 
No great loss to those who truly know how they had treated Harry. But they said nothing to allow that small measure of hope that still remained in the hearts of those who still believed there was good in the world.
 
In a couple of weeks it would be the anniversary of when he and Hermione had broken up for good.
 
And in about a month...the anniversary of when Harry had died.
 
This was not a good time for Ron. Too many memories that were angry and full of sorrow were hitting him now all at one. No matter how hard he struggled or even tried to remember the good times.
 
The bad always overwhelmed them.
 
He found himself often turning to things or even people now to drown his memories in. Lavender Brown for example was one such person. The first girlfriend he ever had and now more of a friend, it was because of her that he had finally lost Hermione.
 
No...not because of her. But she was partially at fault. It was his own stupidity at getting drunk and angry when he had returned to his and Mione's shared home with her intended to silence her words from their most recent fight in the only way he knows how.
 
He just really picked the wrong person....and the wrong place to drown them with.
 
His own home....and the bed he shared with Hermione.
 
She never forgave him after that night. She just said nothing, gathered her things the next day after sleeping on the couch and left.
 
To this day, almost two years since their break up he has not gotten rid of the loneliness he still feels when not with her.
 
You see there was something that Hermione did not know again and the Ron had forgotten. It was another thing he had taken for granted and it had taken Arthur, who was ashamed of how far his youngest son has fallen to tell him. Since it became clear that he and her were not getting back together.
 
Once a wizard and witch start living together and who were not family and with a relationship such as the one they had.
 
They were for all intents and purposes married to one another. The magic made sure of that. And if thwarted, it also made sure to never let you forget it, making you want to get back together, making you want to forgive.
 
But Ron knows that would never happen now.
 
The only person that could affect them and help them bond was more as Hermione had said many times was gone.
 
The only person who could help everyone he once called friend and family get their lives back on track...was Harry Potter.
 
And he was dead.
 
“Ron come back to bed...I want to show you something...” Lavender whispered out huskily.
 
Although his body stirs, the red head's heart was heavy. Faking a lusty response, the once friendly and proud Weasely surrenders to his base desires. If only to drown out his memories in warm and willing flesh....
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8- 8-
 
Thanking the heaven all mighty that she was a Metamorphagus, Tonks walked toward a known death eater station to meet those one her charge. She was his handler and also his best bet for survival because she could become anyone. No one could accuse them if they went someplace and talked with her after all.
 
Reaching her destination, Tonks stood outside for a few moments as her features shifted into a plain average woman. One easily forgotten....
 
Ready she opens it to find herself inside the bar and looks around as if searching for someone.
 
Seeing two familiar heads of red and blonde the woman approaches them to the left of the red headed young woman.
 
Shaking her head as thoughts of sorrow concerning the red head's presence hit her. She grabs a stool to listen as Draco Malfoy acknowledges her presence.
 
Muttering to the bartender about a glass of fire whiskey the auror listens to her charge's idle chatter about things that to most here were not of importance. But to the Ministry and to the Order....
 
“Did you hear Ginny?” The blonde said loudly to a degree. “Voldemort had a death sentence on that blasted Owl's life. The one that has been a thorn in his side for years....”
 
Tonks almost dropped her drink.
 
Voldemort knew about Hedwig's escape already. Means that whoever was spying for him in their camp was high on the ladder.
 
“Yes I heard. I also know he has a meeting with Greyback later this week as well. Concerning going after not just the owl but also one other thorn in his side....”
 
That time Tonks took the liquor in one gulp. The other thorn in Voldemort's side was someone she loved very much.
 
Remus....
 
Although he was not making any progress among the werewolves, over the years since Harry's death he had only gotten stronger to some degree. There had even come a time when he and Greyback had fought against one another in their wolfen forms a few times in his rush to escape.
 
But just as the wolf affects the man...
 
Sometimes the man affects the wolf.
 
For unlike before where he would often lose.
 
Remus in some of his most recent attempts to escape had actually won their battles. He simply never finished off Greyback.
 
Whether he chose to ignore it or not, was the real question but according to a few werewolves whom had chosen to follow their instinct and left Greyback to join the light. If Remus had finished Greyback off it would not be the power mad werewolf that the pride would follow.
 
It would be Remus...
 
Somehow she had to warn him to be on guard. Quietly paying for her drink as well as leaving a sizable tip for the bartender, Tonks left the bar.....
 
“Remus be safe until I can get to you...” She said softly. Although she has not seen him in close to five years save a handful of times, the young woman was still well and truly in love with him....