Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 21: Old Friends ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter and PLEASE read the note I left in Chapter 1.
 
FrequencyQueen...- Nope. That would simply be too easy. And yeah Ron did screw up didn't he. And as I stated in the previous chapter.... Ron and most of the Wizarding world did something that I paraphrased from Jurassic Park.
 
They were so preoccupied with what they could already do with magic; they never stopped to think of what else they could achieve with their magic. Hence the ideas of a false positive using magic would have never hit them...until it was too late.
 
PadyandMoony...- I fixed it! I think
 
Morbious20...-Does Remus seem the type to really and truly kill?
 
CrackerJackandPez...- True and I agree with your sentiments. Some people fail to realize that if you are in a crowd quietly saying someone was innocent versus many who were screaming it? Who is someone most likely to listen to? The one who was quietly speaking?
 
Or the one who was yelling?
 
I don't think Ron and Hermione ever truly hated Harry. I think they found themselves in a situation where all they could hear were the yells and not the quiet voice telling them to listen with their heart.
 
Chapter 21
 
Old friends
 
Harry looked over at Remus with a thoughtful expression. Ever since he had returned two days ago, the old werewolf was preoccupied with some new information he had imparted to Harry upon his return.
 
His adoptive father of sorts was someone who did not take things lightly. The fact that this Alexandre exuded power that was so much more then Greyback's had told the young man despite his problem at the moment. That he had better find some way to get to his real physical age and soon.
 
That was one of the reasons why Fleur was due to come back with as many books as she could afford to carry. After telling Remus what she had related to him, the werewolf had agreed that research on this Nimue was indeed a path to take into getting Harry back to his proper and true physical age.
 
“Maybe it was for the best that you came to France with me Harry.” The older man replied with a soft paternal smile. About to respond, Remus's eyes widen as a snowy white bird all but dive bombs the young man trapped in a child's body.
 
Pecking him like mad in disapproval as she hoots angrily, Harry is able to look up as she finally stops into the wise and motherly eyes of his first and true friend.
 
“Hedwig!”
 
Hooting her irritation with him for having not called her sooner, the owl flew up high beyond her reach. Although he is not the way he is supposed to be at the moment, she knows that this is her master, and glares at him.
 
“I'm sorry girl...I had to grow and control my magic again! I would have called you sooner!”
 
Hooting her disbelief at him, Remus couldn't help but laugh as Harry worked on convincing the snowy bird that he was truly sorry for not having called her sooner. When she finally came down, he waited patiently for his charge to ask something that was starting to dawn on him.
 
“Not that I mind Hedwig because I did miss you so much. But how....how did you get here?”
 
Stepping forward, Remus offers a arm out to the white bird who flies almost daintily towards him. Recognizing someone she had flown to before lots of times, over the last several years, Hedwig nuzzles his cheek as Remus rubs her belly feathers lightly.
 
“That is because you called for her with your magic Harry.” Remus chuckled. “She had to come.”
 
Confused to say the least, Remus gestures for him to wait a minute as he transfigures a chair into an owl stand for Hedwig. The owl hooting in pleasure nuzzles Remus and then Harry one last time before flying to it. A bowl of water appearing next to her along with some diced cuts of meet small enough for her to rip into....
 
Hedwig is happily set as her Master and his friend talk about things that she has already forgotten.
 
“Let me explain now that Hedwig is settled Harry.” Remus said with a kind smile. “Did you miss her? Wish she was here with you?”
 
Looking a little sheepishly down on the ground, the little boy nodded his head. Remus can't help but smile as despite already being 23 years old, the physical age situation Harry finds himself in at the moment....
 
Well, needless to say he was having something of a second childhood. Albeit a small one and this made Remus warm inside. Warm at the fact that Harry was allowing him to be a part of it....
 
“Yeah I did...all the talk of Ron and Hermione....the Order. Everything I owned...was destroyed or taken away from me.” The youth murmured his eyes although set in a young face belay the truth of his age being far older.
 
“So you wished for something of your past...something that you could hold onto desperately.” Remus quietly stated as he wrapped an arm around the young man trapped in a boy's body.
 
Nodding in his head, not really wanting to make a response he leaned into the embrace being offered by his former professor and now surrogate father more then anything.
 
“She came in response to that wish Harry.” Remus gently said as he eventually separated from the child beside him. To look into the wide and adult green eyes trapped in the body of a little boy. “Your magic, your subconscious desire reached out on that bond you share as wizard and familiar. She came to you on that bond you created with her with your heart.”
 
Understanding dawning in those eyes, an expression of childlike pleasure emerges in emerald orbs that have seen far too much pain. The owl sensing this flies over and is careful to land on his shoulder. Although heavy at the moment, Harry holds strong against her weight upon his thin shoulders.
 
Rubbing her feathered cheek against his head, Harry finds himself smiling for joy at the presence of her beside him. The pure and simple look on his face is one so true...so peaceful. That Remus says nothing to ruin their reunion.
 
Because for the first time since Remus had known Harry... he has seen the dark haired youth give an honest to goodness pain free smile.
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
“Father...are we going hunting for Snorlacks again?”
 
Xeo Lovegood turned with a nod of his head as he looked toward his daughter. His Luna had grown up to be a wise and beautiful young woman in his eyes. Unlike most of the Wizarding world, she alongside her father were among the very few who believed in Harry's innocence.
 
It was not because of the fact that they were considered crazy. Running the Quibbler many had thought that and ignored their words. Their warning that Harry was innocent and that they had made a big mistake in sentencing him to something he did not do.
 
It was not because of the fact that they were under some sort of spell either.
 
What did he or his daughter have to offer in way of information?
 
To many they had none.
 
When in truth they had plenty....
 
Luna was special for she was a seer. Not many were willing to look beyond her oddities and notice that despite her quirkiness, what the young woman would say had an inherent wisdom to it, which could reach your soul.
 
Her words wide and innocent in sound could cut you deep and make you think of things one has not thought of in years.
 
“In about a month Luna Flower...” Xeo stated with a grin. “For the moment to go and tell the editors that I expect their reviews of the articles within the next couple of hours.”
 
Skipping away to do as she is bid, Luna vanishes as Xeo closes the door behind her. Approaching his desk now with a silent and thoughtful look he pulls out a drawer to reach for a singular globe.
 
One that he and Luna often listen to when times in their world. In their home seem to go bad....
 
Blessed by Nimue
One shall rise
Protected by the wolf
Never a child but an adult first
Allowed to be a child again
And an then an adult at last
Hope is the Phoenix that is and isn't
For Darkness shall fall before it
 
Luna spoke this on the day Harry was kissed and once again repeated it only just this morning. When news of Hedwig's disappearance reached them....
 
Xeo was no fool....
 
Hope still lives.