Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 22: Feelings ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter and PLEASE read the note in the rest of the disclaimer on Chapter 1.
 
Almost didn't get to update this weekend....My Puter got sick! Had to be taken in...We think we fixed it now! It running better and faster then before!
 
Chapter 22
 
Feelings
 
If one was to say that they never made a mistake they wish they hadn't in life. Many in the Wizarding world nowadays would call them not human.
 
Amelia Bones for example to this day wishes she had spoken out against Fudge during that farce of a trial. Harry had looked so....so weak so lifeless. Death Eaters were proud, were glad of what they had done. Bellatrix LeStrange was a perfect example.
 
She yelled to the world when she had been caught that first time that she was glad she had killed so many innocents in the name of her Lord. And that she would happily do it again.
 
Harry was not proud like she was that fateful day....
 
He was so quiet...so lost.
 
She should have said something. Instead she let the calls for his sentencing swing her thoughts and she therefore remained quiet and solemn.
 
“Why didn't I speak up that day?”
 
“Ma'am?”
 
Looking up to find a puzzled Tonks looking at hr, Amelia chuckles quietly and shakes her head. “Nothing Tonks, I was just going over some old regrets.”
 
Regrets were something they all had. Ever since that day they ignored what they believed with their hearts over what they saw with their eyes. Hermione was right now that she thinks about....
 
She had been visiting Dumbledore and the Order when the young woman had been fighting with her boyfriend. Many had overheard and were about to protest over her harsh words.... when she had said things that made them all think.
 
Ron! You and the others are so used to being a wizard that you simply don't think about it!
 
Those words had made sense. An awful sense that made them all scream with agony deep in their heart and soul. The letter she is looking over is a request for a Portkey to France from the woman herself.
 
“Why France?”
 
“Information I have obtained from one of our informants, Voldemort has a contract out for Remus.” Tonks said quietly. Her eyes are pleading with her boss. They are ones that hope the older woman understands that she must go....if only to see him one last time.
 
Giving a small sigh, Amelia is about to say no, because of how much someone of Tonks ability is needed by the Auror force. But that feeling....that same feeling from before all those years ago came back with a vengeance.
 
This time Amelia Bones was not going to ignore it....
“It will take a few days Dora....I'm going to have to pull a few strings within the ministry.
 
A bright smile on her features, Amelia resists the urge to laugh as Tonks's hair takes on a vibrant pink color to belay the intensity of her emotions.
 
Emotions that can only be described as thanks and you are the best is the only thing left of the young woman, who had only seconds after Amelia's voice approved her request. Had vanished to gather her things and make plans. The older woman chuckling, she turned her chair to gaze out the window of her office....
 
Normally dark and dreary since...well since the death of the one who could save them all. Amelia saw something warm and full of life and light. If only for a second....
 
She saw a phoenix perched by her windowsill....
 
As it flies away in a burst of flame, not once does she think about the odd fact, that A she was underground, the windows spelled to look like the weather outside. And B...that the fact that a phoenix other then Fawkes who was bonded....were most definitely NOT known to inhabit areas around London.
 
All she could see was the hope that the bird offered her....
 
Going back to her paperwork, if one was to come in now, they would question everything.
 
The normally stoic woman was humming a song.....
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8- 8-8-8-8-
 
In other places, people were following their instincts much like Amelia and Tonks had done.
 
For example the surviving Weasely twin George, began playing with ideas for various kinds of sweets that can be used in defense. Ones that years ago he and his brother Fred had decided to approach their silent partner....but with all that had happened.
 
They had felt that they could not trust him anymore and not only dissolved their partnership. But they destroyed that which allowed him to move...things that to this day George regrets alone.
 
The twins were the only ones creative enough to destroy the map and the cloak that despite all the good it may have done. It now had such a tainted history that they could no longer bear for it to be around.
 
To find out that not only was Harry innocent that fateful day. But that he had been set up by one who had ideas much like their own. They had also thought of maybe working out a fake truth potion for their stores.
 
What kind of kid wouldn't want that to get out of trouble or something of that nature? It would have been a great prank seller! But after what had happened at the ministry....what had happened with Sirius Black....they had also begun thinking. Would they really want to do that? Would they really want to risk selling something like that to those who would use it for evil?
 
No...and they never went with the idea. Nor did they think of it again either when their friend was accused. They to fell in line with the majority and turned their backs on the boy who lived. Thinking with him gone no way could the Dark Lord win.
 
In the end they still lost as family and friends began to die over the years one by one...
 
Shaking his head to get rid of those pained emotions, George struggled still with the remnants of the once proud invisible cloak that Harry often wore to try and save them all. If not only to duplicate it....but to maybe try and bring it back for it was also his father's.
 
George owes it to not only himself to restore that which he destroyed. But to the spirit of the youth who once held it....
 
Unknowing as he worked in his laboratory, the same phoenix that had once visited Amelia also took a look in on the older red head. Giving the hoot of a song, the brilliant shining hope flew away, the song transferred to the lips of another who unknowingly sings it as he works.
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8- 8-8-8-
 
The brilliant Phoenix flies towards one more place. A small smile in its eyes, it looks for another inside a tall castle. One whom she already finds much to her disappointment has not changed in the slightest.
 
Singing her song, her brother of sorts vanishes from his perch to come and see her at her request.
 
It was at that moment, when he appears above her, that the phoenix began to shift. Turning into a woman of dark red hair streaked with white, vibrant green eyes from her own features, she offers her arm which is covered in rich scarlet brocade.
 
Fawkes begins to sing his song, which was his way of communicating with the woman upon whose arm he lands upon.
 
Enjoying the beauty of the voice that he has as he speaks, she nods her head in response several times. Finally done singing, she responds in kind with her own voice. Low and musical and in language that has not been spoken for many years, she works her own magic inside it. Magic to help the Phoenix continue pushing the old and stubborn one into trusting what he knows in his heart....
 
That hope lives...
 
Finally as the great Phoenix flies away, the woman in a blast of fire vanishes without a trace.
 
Things needed to be done and there was one other who needs her to keep him company from time to time. She had once imprisoned someone in this place long ago...
 
Finding him in her Phoenix form, a tall gothic looking man turns to smile at her warmly despite the misery in his eyes at the events surrounding his home.
 
“Nimue...how is everyone? How is my godson?”
 
“It is small and smoldering but hope still lives Sirius Black...hope still lives.”