Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 23: Grief ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter and PLEASE READ the rest of the disclaimer in Chapter 1!
 
Frequency Queen, Lixa Levine...- Nimue is still very much alive and well, and is helping those who once ignored those feelings of wrongness years ago. Accept them this time and try to aide them in the potential good that they could do.
 
Example...In previous chapter Fred and George...a fake truth potion was an idea they had but did not implement. Despite the strong mischievous urge to do so... If they had created the potion and if Harry had been accused of what he had done and stuff at that time...what is to say that the twins could not have thought...wait a minute Fake truth potion? And used that to give Harry a fair hearing?
 
Same goes for Amelia...she wields a fare amount of power amongst wizards herself if she had spoken up rather then kept quiet? What would have happened?
 
Trebsc...- I 100% agree with you. That is to stereotypical of most of these kinds of stories I have noticed. I pride myself on being a little unqiue...tee heee
 
Chapter 23
 
Grief
 
It is said that two people who fit so perfectly together, will think about one another often in life and in death.
 
It was true for James and Lily Potter when they were alive. For despite what they themselves would tell you. There was not a time where one would not find their eyes drifting to the other.
 
For Ginny Weasely and Harry Potter it was the same.
 
Hence Harry found himself looking through some old pictures. Pictures that Remus had taken of happier times, and the youth trapped in a child's body could not help but find his gaze drifting to the pretty red headed girl.
 
The older man observing this gives a small and sad smile as he hopes that his charge will not ask him about her. Harry would be devastated to find that the girl he had developed feelings for had turned to the dark side....
 
Still he remembers when they were in school, the soft looks she would give him, when he didn't know it. And the jealous and yet puzzled expression on Harry's face when news of her with someone else would reach him. Somewhat naïve back then, nowadays after what Harry has experienced....
 
He may be younger in body...
 
But in age he was far older now.
 
“I miss them sometimes you know?”
 
“Who Harry?”
 
“Ron...Hermione...Ginny....even that pompous git Malfoy.” Harry chuckled. “I never thought I would miss fighting with him daily.” His hands fondly flowing down the soft feathers of Hedwig, the owl was moving instinctively towards her master as she knows he needs her presence now.
 
The presence of one who does not judge...but simply listens, because despite the laughter he voices as his familiar she can sense the pain deep in his heart.
 
“But that time is in the past isn't it.” Harry said softly and to himself. So quiet was his voice that if it wasn't for the fact he was a werewolf, Remus might never have heard it. The older man though wisely said nothing.
 
After all some things were meant to be worked out on their own....
 
Watching as Harry's gaze once again drifted to the past, the older man set about preparing some food for dinner. Reluctant to say anything he remains silent, allowing the young man to sort out his thoughts.
 
What came forth though an hour later, was a statement he had hoped Harry would not say...or even ask.
 
“Why? Why did they not believe in me?” The sad and yet vibrant green eyes said with such bitterness in them. That both parts of the man known as Remus Lupin, had forgotten everything, to hug the youth close. “Ron...Hermione....Ginny...they knew me...so why did they not believe in me?”
 
This was how Fleur would find them a couple of hours later. Remus just rocking the child Harry in his arms, the blonde confused for a moment, could see the tears running down the little boy's face and she understood.
 
Silently saying nothing the blonde simply placed the books she had brought on the table and went into the kitchen to finish what the older man had started....
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8- 8-8-
 
Not knowing a certain someone was alive and at this moment residing in France, Ginny Weasely found herself escaping the clutches of an over amorous Dean Thomas. Once she might have surrendered if only to forget the betrayal that she had thought she had been forced to endure when Harry had supposedly killed innocent people.
 
She had been...no not had been. She was and still is so much in love with messy black hair and vibrant green eyes. They belonged to features of a handsome youth in her opinion, one who had needed her and her family as well as so many. One whom in a private moment long ago....
 
Had spoke sadly of his past and of dreams...
 
“You know something Ginny. You and Ron are lucky...”
 
Puzzled and honestly surprised by his statement the young teenager looks at the boy with curious hazel eyes. “What do you mean Harry?”
 
“You have everything I want.”
 
Extremely confused now, Ginny finds Harry pulling out a picture that she a seen only twice before, but knows full well who the images were. In it was an older version of Harry but with laughing hazel eyes. And the woman beside him in the image was a vibrant red head with the same green eyes as that of her friend and companion.
 
“You miss them don't you?”
 
“Can't miss who you don't know...” The boy said sadly and with hints of covered bitterness. “That's why I envy you and Ron and so many others....you know your family...I... don't.”
 
Thoughtful and sad as she studied his longing, his quiet wants of the two people to come back into his life. Ginny simply leaned against him as her arm linked within his.
 
“You do know your family Harry...you do....” She whispered with a soft and gentle smile. “I remember when Professor Lupin told us, that when he saw you at first, it was like looking into a mirror of your father. He said that in laughter and the way you move, you reminded him of the past. But when he looked into your eyes...he saw the kind and gentle nature of your mother....”
 
“Ginny...?”
 
“What I am trying to say Harry is you do know your family.” The young girl said with a warm smile. “Everyday you look in the mirror, you see your father. Everyday you show kindness and warmth to someone...you know your mother. Both of them are in you Harry....”
 
“Harry....” Ginny whispered sadly. Having arrived at her small home, the young woman had found herself with the one thing she had always meant to destroy, but never could.
 
Harry's photo album....
 
Opening the book, to find a mixture of muggle and wizard pictures, she savored at the happier times that someone who she wishes with all her heart was here beside her.
 
She had a fantasy once...one where the two of them were happily married. Holding their baby in her arms, as he held her in his....
 
Crying now, Ginny fell back and on her side in anguished pain. Clutching the photo album to her breast, she once again releases her sorrow at his death. Only to have nothing left but the rage she feels deep inside.
 
Hazel eyes darkening now, she glares at her arm with hatred as it begins to burn. She was so close...so close to joining the inner circle. So close to killing him, for killing off her family and her dreams....
 
Of all the people in her life at some point, the only person who knew why she joined was Draco Malfoy.
 
She joined not only to protect her family...but out of vengeance for the loss of two of her brothers. And out of loss for the boy that she loved with all her heart....
 
“Harry, I wish you were here.”
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8- 8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
Sirius found himself looking through the pool of magic that Nimue had finally set up for him. It allowed him to watch what was happening back home to those he loved. He had been angry at how the world had treated his godson.
 
He had been downright psst, when things that had meant so much to the youth were destroyed simply to punish him.
 
Yet he was relieved when Nimue had told him not to worry as he was about to be kissed. He was downright celebrating for days despite Harry's odd circumstances when Nimue had revealed she had blessed his mother once. Knowing what was to happen from a long departed and much loved friend of hers.
 
She had given him her gifts with that blessing upon his mother before Lily was even born. Gifts that would lay dormant until the time was right...
 
Watching as his godson became a brilliant phoenix now in that pool of magic as he escaped death was invigorating.
 
But he grew angry and sad as he skimmed over the following years. He could tell by the frustration in Harry's green eyes that he wants so very badly to be back to normal. Only to find he can not...
 
Turning to the woman who was watching what was happening with interest beside him, he looks at her with a curious question. About to voice it, Nimue looks at him with bright green eyes that she had passed to the mother who in that point had passed them onto her son.
 
“He will grow Sirius Black....he will. He just has to truly want it with mind, body, heart, and soul.”
 
For once Sirius without really asking knows what Nimue states is the cure to Harry's age problem. It is something all wizards know, but often forget.
 
You have to want something badly for it to work....
 
The only thing keeping Harry from returning back to normal...was Harry himself.