Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 24: Wolf Way ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter and I insist you read the note from Chapter 1
 
Anterrian....- She is not his grandmother. She is no where near related to Harry in the slightest. Just sometimes fate needs a little help...
 
Night-player...- When does everyone else know Harry is alive? Beats the hell out of me, I just listen to what Harry tells me in my head.
 
Frequency Queen...- Remember what Dumbledore and the others said about casting an unforgivable in the books. Magic works because the caster must will it. It only makes sense that with his Animagus magic, Harry must do the same. So the question is this....what is keeping Harry from doing so other then himself?
 
Danjana...- It is and it isn't..... You must remember seven years can make the heart grow fonder. But can also change said heart....
 
PadyandMoony...- *bows....
 
Chapter 24
 
WolfWay
 
Leaving Harry with Fleur in that condition was something that Remus did not really want to do. He had wanted to stay with the young man and be there for him. But as the youth gathered himself while they ate....Harry had insisted he go.
 
After all Remus needed to gather information on Alexandre in hopes that he will either join Voldemort. (Which Remus is fairly sure he would not do.) Therefore making the Order of the Phoenix's job impossible even with the Ministry....
 
Or that he will join with them....
 
Throwing his lot with the Order, enabling them to get some kind of foothold for the light, was something Remus sensed Alexandre could do easily. The man was strong as a human already. The people of the town as he noticed the werewolf looking around treated him with respect and dignity.
 
Alexandre exuded the same kind of force, the same kind of charming personality that Albus and even Voldemort contained.
 
It makes Alexandre a formidable foe.
 
Therefore he had hoped for the latter.
 
He did expect though what the werewolf had decided to do.
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
“Come Remus...you must fight me again!” The werewolf leader said happily as he guided the wizard towards a huge arena where many men and women in human and wolf forms were intermingling with one another. “We never really did finish our battle when we first met....”
 
“How...how could you think of a fight at a time like this?” Remus asked incredulously, as he was also surprised by the use of his first name. Pausing in mid step, Alexandre turns warm and yet guarded eyes on him. “It is the way of the wolf to forget wolfling. We live in the now of our lives. We do not live in the past as all that does is make us weak. It is our way. Come....fight with me. And learn....”
 
Somehow he wants to say something, yet this mans words make so much sense, that the Remus can not argue against it. It is something that he has often found easy and to a point something he has done often to move on with his life.
 
When Harry had `died' he had dived into his work with so much need that he had indeed forgotten. But yet when at work for the Order or at one of his many second hand jobs he always found his eyes drifting towards the place where a boy lived.
 
A boy whom he had felt he failed....
 
He was not going to do so again.
 
Amazingly, and without him realizing it, his aura shot out strongly causing Alexandre to smile.
 
After speaking with his mother as well as others that have counseled him, this wolf from the island may be the true and rightful leader as he had heard from those who spy for him there. This is the one who has beaten Greyback several times recently...but has never killed him.
 
He just needs a little push....
 
Approaching the arena, where many of his pride have already gathered, he leaps at Remus as he already starts to shift.
 
The fight has begun within the wolf and the man. Who will win?
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
As the fight began, someone close to Alexandre and curious about Remus found where the other man was staying. Kind and wise of nature, Isabelle, mother of Alexandre had found the cabin in the woods. As much as she found Remus interesting she does wish for a repeat of that incident long ago...
 
Hence she must seek out information herself...
 
Her two guards always with her as they approach, they sniff the air as it is their job.
 
But soon it is not needed as the occupants that were within come out. One is a blonde woman, that to the noses of all three, they detect as a Delacourt. Hence dangerous should the other come under any harm. For the other was a little boy. Dark of hair, and small of stature, the wolves would leave them be, thinking it is the family of the one behind.
 
What stops them though only moments later, is watching the young child shift into a brilliant red bird.
 
Afraid and fearful at first as it was the way of the wolf to not understand what it could not fathom. It was only instinct that prevented them from warning Alexandre about the possible dangers of the wolf he currently battles.
 
Instinct in the fact that a song had chirped from the boy now bird. A song that reached the inside of their hearts and warmed them with its light and goodness....
 
Standing up, both Henri and Jacqueline were prepared to tackle their leader's mother to the ground if need be. Yet their instincts not once rose as Isabelle started forward towards the woman and the bird. Staying where they were, they watched as the bird shifted once again and stood in front of the blonde with a guarded and wary expression, far older then what should be on a child's face.
 
Bending down to look into his eyes, Harry feels something stirring within him. Her kind eyes warm and gentle, she touches his hair and cheek as the way only a mother could.
 
Eyes so old to be in someone so young....”
 
With those words she murmured, a part of Harry surrenders to the nature within her that calls to him. Fleur knowing who the woman was as she approached did nothing and simply smiled.
 
Isabelle despite being a werewolf was different and unique. She followed the way so pure and so simple to the point she had lived long and was quite wise in matters of life. Observant to a tee, Fleur knew that of all the people who might help Harry find why he can not return....
 
Isabelle was the one who could guarantee it.
 
“What has happened to you young one? Why are you not as you should be?”
 
Fleur watched as Harry said nothing, but just threw himself into the arms of this older woman. Arms that wrapped around him and sang a soft soothing melody....
 
When she finishes, she pulls away and Fleur is happy. Because despite knowing hold old her dear friend truly is, Harry has an almost childlike innocent in his eyes now. One that smiles at the older woman with something akin to adoration....
 
“How...”
 
“Your song called to me young one....” Isabelle smiled gently.
 
“My song?”
 
“When a phoenix sings little one, it sings of light of hope normally. But it can also sing of pain, sadness, and of longing.” The woman replied as she kissed his forehead as only a mother should. “What mother would not respond to the pain of a child crying out like that?”
 
Somehow deep in his heart, he could hear his long departed mother smiling in approval of what this woman tells him.
 
“Thank you...
 
Smiling the woman takes his hand within her own. “You are most welcome cubling...now tell me of your life.”
 
Despite the fact that not once she has asked him his name, Harry does not know nor does he care. There is something about her, which screams she is true... Turning to look at Fleur, the veela is already creating Isabelle and her guards who have come out of hiding to join them.
 
Unbeknownst to them, others watched...and smiled.
 
Ashes of hope that were once smoldering...were now beginning to burn. The protector has come.
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
Some of you berated me about the second prophecy. It is a firm belief of mine that once Harry was kissed, that the first one no longer came into play. It did say one or the other must die at the hands of each other after all.
 
Not all prophecies are meant to be taken literal.
 
Because as some of you know...the second one I created spoke of a wolf and many of you assumed it to be Remus. Not once if you look back did I mention it was him, for there are other forms of protection besides fighting.
 
Sometimes simply just being there is the greatest protection one can give.