Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Daughter of Slytherin ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors Blog: I want some new reviews…
 
 
Recap
 
“Are you positive you do not wish to be with your family's house. You cannot switch once I place you. It is a difficult time for you, I know, with you father out there, but this is your life were deciding. There is a chance you will not be like him if I put you in Slytherin, Because where I am about to put you will tarnish your family's name for decades to come if you plan to eventually go down the same road your family has…”
 
“I will never be like my father…never….”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------
 
The Hat looked to have taken a deep breath, if a hat could breathe that is, and looked down at the girl nose one last time before shouting out, “GRIFFINDOR!!!”
 
------------------------------------------
 
Chapter 3
 
 
Professor McGonagall slowly took the hat off of Ana's head. The whole Hall was silent replacing the usual cheering that came for the sortee's chosen table.
 
Slowly she stood. She chanced a glance at Dumbledore before glancing at the Potions Master, who she knew was head of the Slytherin House. Dumbledore smiled a twinkle in his eye, but the Potions Master looked shocked. She turned around again and slowly walked to the Griffindor table, before she took a seat next to a bushy brown hair girl resting her hands on the table.
 
She knew every eye in the whole room was turned in her direction.
 
The headmaster smiled before standing back up behind the podium telling that Professor McGonagall could go back to her seat behind the heads table.
 
“For once I don't have to call for silence…amazing!” He smiled and his eyes twinkled at everyone.
 
“Yes, now that everyone is sorted, I can give out the announcements. As you know, the Forbidden Forest is like it is named, forbidden. As I already spoke about the Cosmos students, I would just like to say congratulations on making your houses and welcome to Hogwarts. Alas, you are no longer Cosmos students, but Hogwarts students.
 
“It is a great honour to be taught at this school. I would also like to tell everyone that has not read the daily prophet, that in a short two years time Professor Snape will be retiring and one of our ex-Cosmos students will be learning under him. As to become a teacher directly out of school, you need to apprentice first. Professor Snape has agreed to do a two year apprenticeship program so that he is sure his replacement will be competent enough to take over.” He looked around every table before his eyes settled on the Griffindor table.
 
“Miss Riddle, I am hoping you and our Potions Master get along well since you will be spending a lot of time together before the pre-teaching exam you will take in May.” Dumbledore smiled with that twinkle in his eye at Ana and the rest of the school looked towards her to. Harry noticed that Snape looked shocked, “I guess Dumbledore never told him.” Harry thought to himself.
 
“Also I would like to remind everyone, even though it is impossible to forget, that Voldemort,” gasps could be heard from everywhere in the Great Hall, “Yes Voldemort is back and that you all must be cautious. I will not ban Hogsmeade trips, but I want you always on your toes. Hogwarts is very safe but do not go about trying to make trouble. We do not need anymore trouble then we have been having already. Now that all is said and done…Tuck in!!!”
 
Everyone dug into the food, but Ana just sat their staring at it eye's wide, much like the rest of the ex-Cosmos students. Seamus looked at Ana before answering her questioning stare. “Well, are you going to eat or what?”
 
Ana shook her head before answering back, “We don't make the food ourselves? At Cosmos we always had to make the food ourselves.”
 
“Well that's kinda silly since we have house elves here. Ron said after swallowing a mouth full of treacle tart.
 
“Yes, I suppose...” her voice fell away as she picked up a cob of corn and her knife and ran some butter over it. She took a bite and smiled before grabbing a napkin and wiping off the juice than ran down her chin.
 
Ana put the corn down before looking perplexed at everyone. “Shouldn't you all be scared of me…I mean my name…”
 
“Fear of a name only brings greater fear to the thing that is feared.” Hermione quoted.
 
“Yes and besides we have Harry sitting here. What's to fear?” Dean laughed.
 
“So how are you related to him anyway?” Hermione asked looking beside her at the strawberry-blonde.
 
“…He's my father.” She said looking down at her plate before taking another bite off her cob of corn. Most of the group at the Gryffindor table coughed up what they had been eating, including Harry.
 
A chime of “what?” rang out, getting the whole Great Hall to fall silent. Ana just continued eating. She looked to be quite enjoying stuffing her face.
 
“Man we never get food like this at Cosmos. This stuff is so good.” She licked her lips.
 
“You're his daughter?” Harry spurted out. The whole Great Hall was all ears.
 
“Yah, never met the man though,” she said without any embarrassment in her voice, almost as if she had had this talk many, many times. She stopped for a drink of pumpkin juice before speaking again. “Mom died when I was 4, then it was off to live with absolutely random Death Eaters, and then two, no three different foster homes before I went to live with the foster family I do now.
 
“The man's never even come looking for me. Truth be told, I don't even think he knows I exist. That's all going to change now that I'm at Hogwarts though huh?” She said before munching on some treacle tart. “He'll know soon enough.” She looked around and found that mostly everyone had stopped listening in and back to their own conversations.
 
“I never knew he was married.” Harry said still shocked.
 
“Well you wouldn't Harry, it would be a weakness if people knew, I mean that's why no one knew about you right?” Hermione spoke up.
 
“He wasn't married.” Angrily she continued quietly. “He wanted an heir. He just knocked up some Spanish Gypsy, whom he said he loved, and then just left me for dead once I was born.
 
“Your Spanish? I thought all Spanish people had black hair?” Neville questioned, speaking for the first time.
 
“Yah most do. But my mom was only half Spanish Gypsy. Her Father was English.”
 
Changing the subject completely, Ron asked, “But if he just left, where did you live?” He grabbed another treat before all of desert was whisked away.
 
“Mostly with the Mal…” She was cut off as the Prefects started calling out for students to show them to their dorms. She meant to walk with the first years along with the other 5 ex-Cosmos Gryffindor students, but when she was out into the main hallway an arm grabbed her and pulled her aside. A platinum blonde held her arm and a black haired boy stood beside him.
 
“Ana is that really you?” Draco stared before dropping her arm. Blaise Zabini on the other hand turned her in a circle in front of him.
 
“You have grown up since we last saw you. You look nice now you filled out nicely…” A slap came across Blaise's face before Draco laughed.
 
“Blaise stop. Don't mind him Ana. He's sex crazed.” Draco smirked.
 
“I am not sex crazed! I just said she had filled out nicely since we last saw her scrawny arse.” Another slap.
 
“You two boys. What will I do with you?” She laughed.
 
“You could start with why you are with the Bleeding Heart Gryffindors.” Draco spat the last part.
 
“Hey, the Hat puts you were it wants to. Really, after all the time I grew up with you guys you would think that you would know better then to think I would be put in anything but Gryffindor!”
 
“She's right Draco. We should have known better.” Blaise smirked at his friend.
 
“Yah…by the way sorry about that back at the platform. If I had know it was you…I never would have done that, well probably.” Draco smirked at her.
 
She laughed at his comment. “Apology accepted. But that's enough flirting out of you!” She smiled as they walked together. She had missed them greatly.
 
The first family she had lived with was the Malfoy's for almost a year. Then she had gone to the Zabini's before a multitude of other Death Eater households, before once again going to the Malfoy's when she was 8 before transferring into foster care. She shook her head realizing that they were all subconsciously heading for the Slytherin Dungeons.
 
“I best be leaving you to find Gryffindor Tower. I want to get settled tonight, besides I'm not sure the whole house of Slytherin will be happy with me tonight…a blood traitor.” She looked down not hiding her shame very well. She loved not being in Slytherin. Once again she had gone against her father. But all the same, she did have Slytherin pride, and the fact that she WAS a blood-traitor made her feel shame that she never felt before.
 
“I'll work on them. They'll listen to me. You should be allowed to come into the Slytherin Dungeon common room whenever you wish. You are a Slytherin by blood.” Draco smirked at her before watching her turn around after saying goodnight and running off towards the staircases.
 
“I bet she made the hat not put her in Slytherin. You can see the internal battle inside her when she talks about it. She never will be her father, but she does have Slytherin qualities, unless she's grown out of them too. It's been far too long since we last saw her. You knew her better and longer than me. What do you think?” Blaise asked.
 
Draco looked back, an unreadable look on his face. “I think Snape's got himself a handful if she is learning under him. If there is one thing I do know, her greatest quality is her machine like effort she puts into everything. She was making potions in our lab back home before she even left for the foster home before her schooling. She probably already could pass her NEWTs.”
 
Blaise chuckled saying the password and knocking on the wall three times in a triangle, before entering into the Slytherin Common room.
 
 
Authors Blog: Yah another chapter… yay! I am planning to write a lot more chapters, so review lots so I feel loved enough to post again quickly!