Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and The Slytherin Stranger ❯ Her First Real Birthday ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Thanks for the reviews! Here's the next chapter!
Disclaimer- I DO NOT Own Harry Potter
Author's Note Italics= telepathy Bold= Parseltongue
The next morning, everyone in the Burrow was up early except Harry and Mary. It was their 15th birthday, and everyone in the house was getting ready for the party while Sirius and Malfoy went to Diagon Alley to buy birthday presents for the Potters.
Around 11:30, Harry woke up from his telepathic link with Mary going nuts. All he could hear was, "No, this isn't happening! Leave my brother alone! Harry!"
Harry jumped out of his bed and ran downstairs into the spare room Mary was staying in. When he opened the door, he expected to see Mary, begging for mercy. Instead, he walked into the room to see her sleeping peacefully on the bed.
He shrugged his shoulders and left the room. Then, he stopped dead in his tracks. "Mom! Dad!" How two words could make a shiver creep up his spine, he didn't know. All he knew was that Mary was in trouble.
"What's up Potter?" Malfoy asked carrying a small box in his hand. "Something's wrong with Mary," he stated turning around and running into the room. Malfoy put the package in his pocket and followed Harry.
Again, there didn't seem to be anything wrong with her. Harry looked at Malfoy confussed and Malfoy looked suspicious.
"Mary?" Malfoy asked, his voice shaking.
"Guess again Malfoy," said a cold, creepy voice that leaked from Mary's mouth.
Her eyes opened with a start, and instead of being green like they usually were, they were deep crimson. She smiled evily as Voldemort's voice came out of her mouth. "What's the matter Malfoy? Surprised to see me?"
Malfoy's rage was getting the better of him. He took his wand out and pointed it at Voldemort. "Where... is... she?" His grip on his wand was so tight, any minute he could snap it. Voldemort smirked a little and said, "Take a look."


Mary was lying on the floor, crying her eyes out. Under her was a
giant pile of blood. "Mom... dad... Harry," she cried. Right next to
her, were the dead bodies of her family. "Please don't leave me
again," she whispered folding her arms and laying her head on her
father's stomach. A shadowy figure came up behind her and tapped
her on the shoulder. She turned around to see who it was, as the
figure lowered its hood. "Draco!" she shrieked as she looked up at
the boy she loved. He raised his hand that had a bloody knife in it and
smiled. "Now it's your turn."




"Mary!" Malfoy shouted at the image. "Mary wake up!" She couldn't hear him. "It's no use," Voldemort said laughing at the illusion. "Mary Potter's worst nightmare will be her destruction."
"Harry," Malfoy whispered keeping eye contact with 'Mary'. "Try to reach her telepathically." He nodded and focused on Mary.

"Mary."
"Harry? Am I hllucinating? Your-"
"No I'm not! Voldemort is trying to trick you."
"What?"
"Look you have to trust me and wake up."
"You mean I'm sleeping?"
"Yeah."
"Thank god this is only a dream."
"Concentrate and break through Voldemort's hold."
"Okay, I'll try."
As the two boys watched the illusion, they saw Mary close her eyes and mutter something in parseltongue. All of a sudden, the Mary that was on the screen disappeared.
Voldemort started yelling out in pain as a bright bright light encircled Mary's body as she fell to the floor. Malfoy and Harry approached her with caution. She looked up at them and Malfoy smiled. Her eyes were back to their original shade of green, and her sweet smile was back on her face.
"Mary?" Harry asked, raising his hands a littl bit as if in surrender. She nodded her head a little and was swooped into Malfoy's arms in less than a second. "You okay?" he asked cradling her against his chest. She nodded again, and wrapped her arms around his waist.
"Draco I... I thought-"
"Don't even think like that Mary! I love you."
"Draco what on earth is going on?" Mary asked looking up at Malfoy. He looked at Harry as if to ask if it was okay to tell her. Harry was really confused. "You mean she doesn't know?" Malfoy shook his head as Mary looked from Harry, to Malfoy, back to Harry. "Okay, what do you two know that I don't?" She lifted her head off Malfoy's chest and looked at him sternly.
"Mary," Malfoy said straightening up a bit. "Vol- I mean You-Know-Who has been able to use you as a puppet when you sleep, and when someone says his name since he came back to power."
Her eyes widened in fright. "Wh-what?" She started to tremble in fear, and tried to stand up. Harry grabbed her arm, and let her lean on him. "Mary..." Malfoy started. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. Mary looked between the two boys.
"So how long have you two known?" Malfoy shrugged his shoulders and looked at the floor. "A couple of weeks," he said feeling guilty. "Eight and a Half hours," Harry responded looking at his watch. Mary nodded and reached for the bed post. She carefully hopped on one foot to his side, and put her arms around him.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
Tears were threatening to fall down Malfoy's fce as he held Mary. "I-I don't know. I just didn't want you to freak out." Mary looked up at him. "And I'm not freaking out now?!"
He laughed a little, and kissed her on her forehead. Don't be. Today's suppose to be a special day, and it will be cheerful." Mary looked at him confused, as he pulled a small box out of his pocket. "Happy Birthday."
Mary's eyes lit up and glistened in the afternoon sun as she took the box from Malfoy and opened it. Inside the box was a small silver pendant of a stag with emerald eyes. On it's side, Mary's name was engraved in parseltongue while the other side was engraved:

Love
Draco

"What on earth does that say?" Harry asked looking at the writing. "Love Draco," Malfoy muttered as he started to blush. Mary laughed and put the pendant around her neck. "Are you telling me you don't know how to read parseltongue Harry?" she asked holding the small figure in her hand. "Parseltongue, that's parseltongue?"
There was a knock at the door as Hermione walked in with a large bag in her hand. "Hey Hermione, when did you get here?" Harry asked giving her a hug. "I met Mrs. Weasley at Diagon Alley and she told me to bring this up to y- What are you ding here?" Her gaze fell on Malfoy who had Mary hiding behind him.
"He's alright Hermione," he said leaning backwards to see Mary trying to look invisible. "Since when are you friends with Malfoy? And who's that?" she asked to Mary who had a death grip on Malfoy's cloak.
"Mary," Malfoy started as he moved out of the way so she could see Hermione. "This is Hermione Granger, the one I was telling you about." She nodded and scooted to the side of Malfoy. "So I guess your the one Mrs. Weasley bought all of these clothes for," Hermione said holding up the bag and putting it on the bed.
Malfoy and Harry took that as their cue to leave so Hermione could help Mary get ready for the surprise party.
At one o'clock, Malfoy went back upstairs so he could carry Mary downstairs. When they got down, Harry looked at Mary and thought he was seeing his mother.
Her light brown hair was pulled back into a high ponytail to show more of her face. She had refused to wear make-up to hide her injuries so her bruises were as clear as day. She wore a navy blue skirt that stopped a few inches above her knee, witha white tank top, and the necklace Malfoy had given her just a little while ago.
Malfoy sat her down on the couch next to Harry as Sirius and all of the Weasley's came into the room. "Happy Birthday" they all screamed, filling the small room with presents.
They were about to have the two siblings start opening their presents when 4 owls flew through the kitchen.
Malfoy handed Mary her Hogwarts letter, and watched her eyes widen in happiness. "You mean I actually get to look at it this time?" she asked Malfoy. He nodded as Mary opened the letter and started reading it. Harry looked over her shoulder and attempted to read the letter scribbled in Parseltongue.
"Mary what the heck does that say?" Sirius asked taking the piece of parchment away from the girl and trying to elaborate the form of "Gibberish."
"It's telling me that when I go to Hogwarts, I'll be put in my 5th year, and to report to Dumbledore's office when we first arrive."
"Well then you might need this," Fred said as him and George put a large box in front of Mary. "What's this?" Mary asked fingering the tie at the top. "Well you have to open it to find out!" George answered, getting a little impatient.
Mary pulled the brown wrapping paper off the package and revield a broomstick. But not just any broomstick, a Firebolt 700! "Oh no! No, no, no,no, I can't accept this," Mary said pushing the broomstick towards the two boys.
"Yes you can Mary," Fred said pushing the broom back towards her. "Besides, how else are you going to get around Hogwarts?" Mary looked at her brother for help, but he just nodded at Fred and George.
"C'mon Mary," Harry said helping her stand and grabbing the broomsick wth his free hand. "Your going to have to learn how to fly this thing if you want to go to Hogwarts."



Read and Review!