Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and The Slytherin Stranger ❯ Gryffindor or Slytherin? ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I'm on a roll! Here's the next chapter!
Disclaimer: I DO NOT on Harry Potter!


As the Hogwarts Express pulled into Hogwarts, Dumbledore and McGonnagal were waiting for Harry, Mary, and Malfoy to arrive. The two of them stood perfectly still until they saw them come off the train.
"Good evening gentlemen," McGonnagal said as Mary mounted her broom. "And it's nice to finally meet you Miss. Potter," she added. Mary nodded her head in aknowledgement, and looked at Malfoy. He squeezed her hand, and started to follow the two professors up to Dumbledore's Office.
"Take a seat please," Dumbledore said pointing to 3 chairs before his desk. When they all were seated, Dumbledore took the sorting hat off his desk, and put it on Mary's head.
"Aahh," the sorting hat said, pondering for a moment, "Very difficult choice. But, I'm going to have to say..."


"SLYTHERIN!"


Malfoy smiled and looked at Mary. Dumbledore took the sorting hat off of her and put the Slytherin symbol on her cloak.Harry...
Well, unfortunately Harry wasn't happy. Every witch or wizard who was ever in Slytherin went bad, and that's the last thing he wanted for his sister.
"Harry," Dumbledore said putting a hand on his shoulder. "Mary's in Slytherin because Professor Snape might know a way to protect her when You-Know-Who takes control of her. Besides, she's only known you for 2 months, Malfoy was there since she was a year old, and he was also there when she was being abused. Try to understand this is the best thing for Mary."

"Harry?"
He looked over at his sister, and smiled.

"You don't like the fact that I'm in Slytherin, do you?"
"Mary, do you know what Slytherin is filled of?"
"Yes, the people who Malfoy would hide me with and took care of me so I could survive. I know almost everyone in there. And besides, I'll be in most of your classes with you anyway."

He thought about it for a minute and nodded his head. Sure, he wasn't happy about it, but Mary was happy. That's all that mattered.

"Where's Mary?" Hermione asked when Harry approached the Gryffindor table. "Over there," he answered pointing behind him to the slytherin table. Ron and Hermione's jaws dropped as they saw Malfoy help Mary off her broomstick and onto the bench around the slytherin table.
"She's in Slytherin?!" Ron asked, his eyes wide with shock. "Yep," was all Harry said before the doors of the Great Hall opened, and a bunch of 1st years walked in, staring at the sky-like cieling and the levitating candles. Professor McGonnagal sood next to the sorting hat with a log scroll in her hand, looking at the nervous 1st years.
"Ashleigh Granger!" was the first name she called. Harry and Ron looked wide-eyed at Hermione, as she straightened in her seat a bit to watch the little girl sit on the stool and have the sorting hat placed on her head.
"Gryffindor!" the sorting hat yelled. The Great Hall filled with applause from the Gryffindor tale as Ashleigh hopped off the stool, and walked over to the Gryffindor table.
When she got close enough, Hermione stood up and gave her sister a hug. "Why are you here?" "Well, about a week after you left, I got my acceptance letter.
While Hermione and Ashleigh were talking, Harry turned around to watch his sister. When she relized he was watching her, she put an annoyed look on her face and said...

"Harry, what's your problem?"
"What do you think is my problem?"
"Harry this is starting to get annoying."
"Mary, you don't unders-"
"No, you don't Harry! You don't understand what I've gone through all these years.
"Mary..."

Mary shook her head and turned to Malfoy. She was pissed and Malfoy knew it.

"What's wrong?"
"Harry. Can we just go down to the dormitory?"
"Sure, let's go."

Malfoy stood up and helped Mary mount her broom. "You know, you should at least stay for the feast." Mary was about to protest when Marvel Finch came up behind her and took her off her broom. "We'll make you a deal, eat something, and we'll take you up to the common room."
At that moment, the 4 tables in the Great Hall were magically covered in different sorts of food.
"Mary, you've hardly eaten anything in over 2 months. Your going to either eatsomething now, or I'll force-feed you when we get to the common room."
Mary looked at the food on her plate, and then looked behind her. Malfoy just wrapped his arms around her and held her close. "Mary," he whispered in her ear. "He's not here. He's not going to find you, and he's not going to beat you. So don't worry. You've got me, your brother, Dumbledore, and all of your friends behind you. Your safe." Mary looked up at Malfoy and then started to eat, very slowly, looking behind her every once in awhile to see if he was behind her.

"Harry, please. Just calm down!" Hermione yelled as Harry stormed down the corridors into the Gryffindor Common Room. "Calm down? Hermione, My sister's in Slytherin!" he shrieked as he lost his last ounce of patience. "She's in Slytherin!"
Hermione gave up trying to talk some sense into him and went to sit in Ron's lap. "Yes Harry, and do you know why?" Ron asked as he wrapped his arms around his girlfriend. "Dumbledore said it had something to do with Snape helping her control her body for when Voldemort takes control of her. I mean, it only happened once a-"
"No it didn't Harry!" Hermione yelled, trying to be louder than Harry so he'd listen to her. "It happened every night when she was at the Burrow. Why do you thik Malfoy slept in the same room as her?"
Harry went visibly pale, and sat down in one of the armchairs circling the fire. "Mate, listen.Since you've found out about Mary, You-Know-Who has been trying to make her kill you. The second night she was there, Sirius found her standing over your bed with a steaknife in her hand. It took her and Malfoy almost half an hour to get her back to normal. Snape may have a way to help her," Ron explained. Besides, your going to see her in Transfiguration, potions, and Care of Magical Creatures. That's half of your schedule right there."
"And do you think she'll be locked in the Slytherin Commo Room forever or something?" Ashleigh added, putting in her two sense. "Your going to see her on the grounds too."
Harry decided to stop arguing with his friends as him and Ashleigh headed upstairs so Ron and hermione could make-out for awhile. Hopefully tomorrow would be better.