Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and The Slytherin Stranger ❯ Harry... Mary's ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 7- Harry, Mary's…
 
 
“Crystal Rose,” Snape repeated when he was talking to Malfoy before class started a week later. “It has a nice ring to it.” “Yeah,” Malfoy said. “Where'd she think of the name?”
“When she first turned 12, I started to have feelings for her. So, on her birthday, my dad was out on business. I fixed up the kitchen to make it look like a big fancy restaurant and brought Mary upstairs. Oh, she was so amazed. The one thing that she kept sacred until my father broke it was a rose that I made out of the crystal you showed me how to make before we went home for the summer. It was the one precious thing she ever kept safe. It was the one thing in her life she never wanted broken.”
Snape nodded and looked into the mirror again. The blue prints for Mary and Malfoy's house were all completed, and they now had enchanted tools and house elves building it. Right now, they only had the base and plumbing situated, but it was progressing perfectly. “If we keep it at this pace, it should be done by the end of March, early April.”
Malfoy nodded and looked at his watch. “I have to go wake Mary up for class, so I'll see you later.”
“Mary,” he whispered as he tried to wake her up. “Come on baby, it's time for class.” She moaned a little and shook her head. Malfoy just sighed loudly. “I told Harry.”
“YOU WHAT!” she shrieked, jumping a foot in the air. Malfoy started laughing his head off as Mary hit him with a pillow. “That was not funny!” HE grabbed the pillow out of her hands and kissed her cheek.
“Oh yes it was, you should have seen the look on your face!” Mary looked at him sternly, and got out of bed. “I swear Draco; you do that again, you'll be sleeping on the couch in the common room!”
She looked into the mirror above her dresser, and looked at Malfoy's pouting face. She turned around and stuck her tongue out at him. “What's your problem?”
He got off the bed and walked towards her. “Maybe we should talk to your professors about letting you take your courses at night.” Mary elbowed him in the stomach and took the hairbrush off the dresser.
“No way. No how. I'm not going to change my lifestyle cause I'm going to start gaining a few pounds. I'm pregnant not dying. Come on we're going to be late for class.” She walked out of the room and headed to the grounds for Care of Magical Creatures. Malfoy shook his head and followed her. “God help me, this girl's going to be the death of me,” he muttered. “I herd that lover boy!” she called over her shoulder. Malfoy kept his mouth shut the rest of the way to class.
 
“Hey guys,” Harry called when he saw Malfoy and Mary walk into the paddock. They both waved back at him and sat on the fence.
“Mary are you okay? You look a little pale.” Harry said looking at his sister. She stiffened a little bit and nodded her head. “I'm fine Harry, but that's the last time I test Goyle's potion homework for him.” Harry, Ron, and Hermione started laughing, while Megan and Draco looked at her for an explanation. She winked at them as Hagrid came out to the paddock.
“A'ight y'all. Today, we're gonna start chapter 5. To help us out, I'd like to introduce to yer, Charlie Weasley,” Hagrid said as Charlie came into the paddock with one of the dragons he worked with.
For some reason, Malfoy felt Mary stiffen in fear. He tightened his arms around her, and tipped her head up.
 
ï·ï¨ï¡ï´ï€ 4; (What?)
ï„ρï¡γï¯ï®` 3; (Dragons)
ï·ï¨ï¡ï´ ï¡ï¢ï¯ï´ ï´ï¨ï¥ï­ï€¿ (What about them?)
ï™ï¯ïµ δï©δï®ï´ ρï¥ï¡δ ï´ï¨ï¥ ï£ï¨ï¡ï°ï´ï¥ 61; ï¬ï¡σï´ ï®ï©γï¨ï´ ï¬ï©ï«ï¥ ï¹ï¯ïµ ï·ï¥ρï¥ σïµï°ï°ï¯σï¥ ï´ï¯, δï©δ ï¹ï¯ïµ (You didn't read the chapter last night like you were suppose to, did you?)
ïŽï ï·ï¨ï¹ï€¿ (No, why?)
 
“Mary, why don't you give it a go?” Hagrid asked. Her eyes widened as she looked at Hagrid. “Uh, how about someone else goes first,” she suggested. Hagrid just shook his head, and motioned for her to come forward.
“Mary?” Malfoy asked helping her off the fence. She bit her lip and said “page 56.” While she walked up to Hagrid, Megan took her textbook out and flipped through the pages. When she got to page 56, she read it quickly and covered her mouth.
 
 
Dragons are probably the best-known magical creatures
in the wizarding world. Though in the muggle world, they
are nothing but myths and legends.
Most of a dragon's power comes from its inner spirit. The
Best way for a spirit to grow, is to feed off the souls of infants and unborn children.
Their diet consists of…
 
 
That's all Malfoy had to read before he started freaking out. He looked up at Mary, and watched the dragon dip its head down and begin to sniff her stomach.
The dragon threw its head back, and roared as if in triumph. Mary began to step back in fear, and called for Malfoy. “Mary!” he screamed as he jumped off the fence and went to her rescue.
As the dragon lowered its head again, ready to strike, Charlie pulled as hard as he could on the chain around the dragon's neck while Malfoy pushed Mary out of harms way, but accidentally knocked her out.
“Mary! Mary! C'mon baby wake up! C'mon.” Malfoy panicked. He pulled her up into his arms, and cradled her against his chest. Megan, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Hagrid ran over to them with curiosity written all over their faces.
“Is she okay?” Megan asked. Malfoy shook his head and stood up with Mary in his arms. “Find Snape and tell him I brought Mary to the hospital wing,” he shouted over his shoulder as he ran back towards the castle.
 
“Malfoy, what happened?” Snape asked running through the hallway right outside the Hospital Wing. “Professor, I've been asking that same thing since the dragon attacked her, but he's just having a nervous breakdown!” Harry exclaimed as he rubbed Megan's shoulders, trying to calm her down.
“Dragon! You let her near a dragon in her condition?!” he shouted at Malfoy. “Professor, I didn't even know about it,” Malfoy said. “Oh my god Malfoy! I don't care what she says; she's going back on the broomstick. I just hope-.”
“Condition?” Harry asked after the word finally registered in his head. “What condition?”
Malfoy looked at the ground in shame, Snape looked at Malfoy like he was going to kill him, and Megan wrapped her arms around Harry's chest.
“Harry…” Megan started. “Mary's pregnant.”
Harry felt his world come crashing down all around him. “What?” he shouted. “She's Pregnant, Potter!” Malfoy shouted, finally speaking. “She and I are having a baby!”
The words buzzed through Harry's head, trying to make sense. `Maybe there's a joke that I'm not clued in on or something.' He thought. “Y-you guys are joking right? I mean… this is one big joke right?” When no one answered him, the rage began to build up inside him and there was only one person he wanted to take it out on… Malfoy.
“YOU GOT MY SISTER PREGNANT!” he yelled as he pushed Malfoy into a wall. “Harry!” Megan, Ron, and Hermione yelled as they grabbed him around the waist and both his arms to get him off of Malfoy. Snape stepped to the side of Malfoy and helped him straighten up.
“Potter, you better calm down!” Snape roared. “There's nothing you can do about it! Mary is pregnant with your niece whether you like it or not. You can't change that fact.”
Just then, Madame Pomphrey walked into the hallway ready to stop the ruckus. “I take it you told him,” she said looking at Harry being held back by his best friends. Malfoy nodded his head. “Is she alright?” he asked trying to avoid contact with Harry.
“You got her here just in time, Malfoy. I was able to stop the labor, but she's at risk of going into it again. She is gonna stay here overnight but I want her back on a broomstick until she delivers. I made her swallow a potion a few minutes ago so she will probably be up in a-.”
 
“AHHHHHHHH!”
 
Every one ran into the hospital wing as Mary threw a peace of parchment away from her as if it was on fire. Malfoy came immediately to Mary's side and held her shivering body in his arms.
“Mary, calm down, what's wrong?” he asked after she began to breathe normally again. She continued to shiver uncontrollably as she pointed to the parchment Ron had just picked up. Ron read the parchment to himself as Hermione read it over his shoulder.
“Oh my god,” Ron said as his eyes widened. “What?” Malfoy and Harry asked at the same time. “It's another poem,” Hermione whispered as Ron wrapped his arm around her in comfort.
“H-he's not after me,” Mary choked out through sobs. “Or Harry. H-he's after th-the baby.”
 
“What?!”
 
Harry took the parchment away from Ron and read it to himself. “What's it say Potter?” Malfoy asked as he held Mary closer.
“You really want to know?” Harry asked. He looked like he was going to cry as he looked at Malfoy who nodded. He took a deep breath and began to read it out loud.
 
Well it's about time
You finally told Harry.
But because you took so long,
The one who will pay is Mary.
 
The truth is, I never wanted Harry
Nor was I after Mary.
Right under your very nose,
I've been after Crystal Rose.
 
Still Confused?
 
Seven months from today
Crystal Rose Malfoy will have a Birthday
So then the one you lay in the manger
Will be the one I'm after
The Slytherin Stranger.
 
Malfoy bit his lip trying to keep the tears from escaping. His arms tightened around Mary as one hand lay protectively on top of her stomach.
Snape took the paper away from Harry and read it to himself. “It's signed with the Dark Mark again,” he said looking at Malfoy and Mary. They were both wrapped in each others embrace, staring at Snape.
“What're we going to do now?” Malfoy asked. Mary looked up at her brother as he looked into her eyes. Mary was scared, and it showed right through her eyes.
“Well, we could send you two back to the Burrow and owl you your assignments. That way the baby will be safe a-.”
“No,” Mary whispered quietly. “That's what he's expecting. He's just waiting for us to cower to him and run away. He-.”
“You know what he's planning, don't you?” Megan blurted out. She always seemed to know exactly what Mary was thinking and decided to blab it to her brother.
Everyone looked straight at Mary as her left eye closed, and turned red.
 
“Surprised aren't you Harry?”
“Voldemort?”
“Of course. I may not have control of her body anymore, but until that's fixed, I have control over her mind. Did you miss me?”
“Get out of my sister!”
“I will, but remember this, if she gives up the baby now, there will be no problems.”
 
“Harry, why are you looking at me like that?” Mary asked. Harry blinked a couple of times, and shook his head. “He's still controlling you, isn't he?”
 
“She doesn't know, Potter.”
 
“What are you talking about Harry?” she asked when everyone looked about her. “He hasn't controlled me since I got pregnant.” Malfoy looked at Harry and noticed he was paying special attention to Mary's left eye. He looked at Mary's eye and noticed it was red.
“He still has control over your mind.” “How do you know that, Harry?” “First of all, your left eye is red, and second of all, I'm talking to him right now!”
“What does he want, Potter?” Malfoy asked immediately regretting what he was asking. Harry sat down next to Megan and put his arm around her to calm himself down.
 
“She's 16 years old Potter, she has no lead for a baby. Make her give it up now, and avoid problems in the future.”
 
“He says give up the baby now, and we'll avoid problems in the future.”
A long silence seemed to be so loud in everyone's ears as a smirk curled on the left side of Mary's face, and her eye turned back to green.
“Mary,” Snape said. “If you keep the baby, your going to be on constant watch to make sure he doesn't find you. Do you understand that?” She nodded her head and leaned back against Malfoy's chest.
Okay, well we'll deal with this in the morning. Mary needs her rest.” Snape said as he began to herd everyone out of the hospital wing. Mary soon fell asleep as Malfoy shifted so they both were laying comfortably on the small bed.
“Don't worry Mary,” he whispered as he moved some stray hair out of her eyes. “Nobody's going to hurt you or the baby. Not while I'm here.”
 
“You'd think that, wouldn't you Malfoy?”