Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and The Slytherin Stranger ❯ Dreams Are Sometimes Worse than Reality ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sorry guys, I finally got my new computer put together Thank god! Well here's your update!
 
Chapter 8-Dreams are sometimes worse than Reality
Disclaimer- I do NOT own Harry Potter
 
 
Malfoy woke up the next morning by getting smacked in the face and thrown off the bed. Well, that certainly woke him up.
“Have a good night Malfoy?” Voldemort asked, his voice creeping out of Mary's mouth. Malfoy turned around quickly and saw red eyes. “Oh no,” he whispered. “What do you want?” Voldemort just laughed and traced Mary's index finger around the bulge showing through her nightgown. “You know exactly what I want.”
“Expecto Patronum!” Malfoy shouted at the door, sending his patronus, a glowing snake, up to Dumbledore's office. “Leave her alone,” he sneered.
“Fine, I'll leave… but she won't be back,” he added with a smile. “What?!” “Her body might be here, and you will probably know what she's saying, but her mind and spirit are in another dimension.”
With that said, “Mary” closed her eyes and fell dead asleep on the bed.
“Malfoy!” Dumbledore shouted charging into the Hospital Wing with Snape, Harry, Megan, and Sirius in tow. “What's going on?”
“Mary! Come on, Mary! Come Back!” Malfoy panicked as he tried to wake her up. The six people who were still conscious gathered around the bed and looked closely at Mary.
“What happened?” Sirius asked trying to get Malfoy to let go of Mary. “You-Know-Who was inside her a minute ago,” he said as Harry tried to calm him down. “What did he say?” Harry asked.
“He-he said something about her body being here but her mind and spirit being in another dimension.”
Sirius and Dumbledore looked at each other in shock. “Dumbledore, nobody's used that spell since before Tom Riddle was even born. We don't even know how that could affect the baby.” “I know Sirius, but all I know is that she's in an alternate reality.”
Mary began to pant heavily and move her head as if she was stuck in a deep dark pit. “Where am I? Draco! Draco where are you?” “Mary? I'm right here,” he said waving a hand in front of her face. “She can't hear you Malfoy,” Sirius said. “All we can do is wait.”
 
Mary opened her eyes and was staring at a low ceiling with a window allowing sunlight into the candle less space. She started panting heavily, and looking around the room for anyone.
“Where am I?” she asked shakily as she looked for any type of human contact. “Draco! Draco where are you?”
“With his master at the moment,” a strong, masculine voice called from the far corner of the room. Mary turned to the sound of the voice and felt all of her blood drain from her face and her hair stand on end. “Lucius.”
 
“Lucius?” Harry shouted when the name left Harry's lips. Malfoy began to go white, and he held Mary's hand. “Harry, he tortured her for 14 years, of course he's going to be there.” “What do you want?” “We want you to wake up! That's what we want Mary!” Megan yelled. Her patience was running thin. Her best friend was in trouble and nobody was doing anything.
Harry stood up and took Megan in his arms. “Calm down Megs, she'll get through this.” She leaned against Harry's chest and cried into his shoulder. “It's not that Harry,” she creaked between sobs. “He can cause her to miscarry the baby.”
Everyone in the room turned to stare at Megan. “How could he cause her to miscarry Megan?” She sniffled and wiped the tears away from her eyes. “I read in a book somewhere that if the mind believes the baby is dead, then the body will reject it.” The room was so silent you could hear a pin drop.
“He'll never let that happen,” Mary yelled as tears began to fall down her face. Malfoy gripped her hand tightly and wiped her tears away. “Is there any way to know what's going on?” he asked urgently with his own tears falling down his face.
“No! You're lying! Draco will never do that!”
“I can check Malfoy, but it will be awhile before I will find anything,” Snape explained walking out of the Hospital Wing to start his research.
 
“Well, well, well, looks like I found yesterday's garbage,” Lucius taunted. He waved his wand at her and her clothes changed into the old potato sack dress-like material she wore when she lived at the Malfoy's.
“What do you want?” she asked. Her voice was shaking with fear, but she never took her eyes off of her former masters.
“Oh, just waiting for my son to finish up. He's giving Voldemort the okay to abort the baby.”
Mary began to cry and shook her head. “He'll never let that happen!” she yelled as she laid a protective hand around her abdomen. Lucius laughed at her attempt to save her child. “Don't bother trying to hide her Mary. Your beloved Draco has already decided her fate.”
“No! You're lying!” she screamed turning the other way. “Draco will never do that!” Tears seemed to fall down in buckets while she tried to hide her stomach where her child was happily growing.
“Believe it Mary… you'll die the same way your pathetic father did, defending a worthless child that has no use ever walking the face of this earth. You have your child until the poem said so.” With that, he left the room and left Mary to think about that.
“The poem?” Mary whispered as she slowly rubbed her stomach. “Whatever he's talking about Crystal Rose, I won't let anything happen to you…” She let out a sob as she finished her statement.
… even if your daddy does.”
 
“NO!” Malfoy shouted, completely breaking down. He walked away from Mary's bed and flipped over a table and a couple of beds. “THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!”
“MALFOY!” Sirius shouted as he grabbed him around the chest and pulled him into a hug. “It's okay; she's going to get through this. Calm down, remember you need to be strong for your daughter.”
Malfoy wiped the tears away and lay down next to Mary. Dumbledore put a hand on his shoulder in comfort and said “You have to believe in her Malfoy. She'll get through this, and so will Crystal Rose. They're both a lot stronger than they allow us to know. You just have to give them the power to keep their spirits up.”
HE nodded and helped Madame Pomphrey give Mary a potion to prevent her from having a miscarriage. “I do professor, but I just want her to make it out alive.” “She will,” Megan said. “She's got you by her side.”
Everyone left the Hospital Wing except Malfoy, who refused to, even if he was going to fail his exams. He spent the next few months keeping his eyes on Mary and his hand on her stomach as he felt his child move around and kicked his hand.
“Hello to you too, baby girl,” he whispered as he gently stroked the place his child's foot was pushing on. “It's midnight, you should be sleeping young lady,” he laughed. His reply was a big kick in the palm of his hand, which was probably a scolding from his daughter. “Okay, Okay daddy's going to sleep.” He got into bed with Mary and fell asleep with her cradled against his chest and dreaming about his life with Mary and their new child.
 
“Malfoy!” Voldemort yelled into the hallway as Lucius came out of the cell Mary was put in. “Yes Milord?” “The murmur has been here for almost 6 months now. I think it's time we gave her brother his last ounce of hope.” Lucius nodded and knew exactly what his master had planned. “I'll guard the door.”
Voldemort walked into the room and looked at the girl lying on the floor. His lips curled into a tight smirk and for the first time in 5 months, entered Mary's mind to contact Harry.