Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ In Which We Get Ourselves Stuck At Hogwarts . ❯ Meeting Dumbledore . ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Snape stopped in front of the gargoyle . So they were heading for Dumbledore’s office?
Rosalind quickly turned to them “Oh shit maybe this is 7th year! But I met Hermione.”
“I met Draco. He’s gorgeous “ Replied Arienette with a dreamy look on her face .
“Err right..”
They didn’t notice when the gargoyle moved. They followed Snape as he walked down the stairs to head for Dumbledore. Or at least the office.
An old man with a long white beard sat behind the desk.
“Old Dumbles!” Arienette whispered.
He got up. Arienette just expected him to fall right back down . She was surprised by how old he looked.
“You must be the children from the real world.” Said Dumbledore.
Padraic raised his hand then realized he looked stupid. “Oh no Professor Dumbledore we aren’t part of that horrible television show.”
“He meant the real world!” Rosalind stepped on his foot .
“Wait what do you mean the real world?”
“Your world Miss Monroe.”
Rosalind was in utter shock . “This IS a dream , right?”
“No” Everyone else replied together.
Padraic turned to face Dumbledore “How exactly did we get ourselves into this book?”
“And what year!” Arienette demanded to know.
“How exactly even I do not know. I have a few theories .”
“Like always.” Padraic whispered. Padraic by now was convinced Dumbledore knew everything even how Lost the television show ended , but just didn’t like sharing his knowledge .
“I was informed all of you are fifteen years old if so then fifth year.”
Arienette looked up “Where’s Umbridge?!” she screamed .
Dumbledore smiled “Oh , but Miss Devine the book is over you see.”
Arienette looked around “I am confused.”
“The only world this book mentions in full detail is Harry’s. Harry’s enemy and Harry’s school year. So you are in Harry’s fifth year , but since the book is already over this is sort of the waiting room of this book.”
“I give up.” Arienette sat down on the seat in front of Dumbledore’s desk .
Rosalind turned to face Arienette “This is basically what people imagine when they write fan fictions . Everyone alive and Voldemort no where in sight. “
“Precisely correct Miss Monroe. This is what I meant by the waiting room.”
“That still doesn’t explain how we got ourselves into this book.” Padraic said again.
“ I am not sure.”
Rosalind starred at Dumbledore trying to read his expression to make sure whether he wasn’t lying or not. Soon she realized he was Dumbledore . The wisest Wizard of all time . There was no way she could just read his thoughts .
“Umm Sir how long are we here?” Rosalind asked.
“Four months. Today is 1st October and you will leave on February 28th .”
Four months was enough time to fulfil her craziest Hogwarts dreams she thought .
“Can’t we stay here forever?” Arienette asked not looking at Dumbledore , but utterly fascinated by the sword of Gryffindor.
“Yes you can.” They all turned to look at Dumbledore. Arienette on the other hand was looking back from her shoulder to Snape . He just quietly stood there. She had an urge to throw shampoo at him .
When Dumbledore didn’t elaborate Padraic finally spoke “This is the part where you tell is how.”
He faced all of them as he loudly said “You have to affect one of the main characters life. Be there friend . Be there enemy. Be a Luna or Neville , but I will tell you this . Them being real and them being fictional characters are two different things . They may not always be what you expect.”
“What about make them fall in love with us? You said it yourself that love is the most powerful source. So love will surely make us stay!” Arienette stomped her foot .
Dumbledore looked at her slightly amused then replied “Yes Miss Devine . That will make you stay.”
Rosalind finally asked “Just one flaw. Won’t our parents notice us being missing for four months?”
“Or is this like Digimon?” Padraic added.
“Or God(?) Save Our King!” Arienette screamed in excitement.
“I am quite not sure what either of those things are . Your parents are in the Wizarding World . They think they always have been . Miss Monroe and Miss Devine your fathers work in the Ministry Of Magic as the import and out port heads. Your sister is becoming a healer and you Mr.Miprinze your father works in the Ministry as well . Politician I see.”
“But but..”
“They think they have always been a part of this world . Now you three should hurry off to class . Your books are in your dormitories along with your robes . Please do not wear Muggle clothing to class . Along with your time tables . I am sure you will find your way around the castle . The forest is forbidden , but you already knew that . “
“What about our sorting?” Said Arienette.
“You have already been sorted . You woke up in the houses you belong . The passwords are with your time table . To keep them around will not be a wise decision of course . Any other questions?”
“Uhh” Padraic spoke “What are we? Muggle born?”
Dumbledore stared at them . “I am sure you Miss Devine will find this answer to your liking . Pureblood . The only family you have is a part of the Wizarding World . You have no ancestors and no long connections . “
“And everyone thinks we are?”
“You are children who got transferred here recently due to your parents shifting . “ before they could ask him any more questions he clapped his hands together “Well that is enough for today . I am sure this isn’t the last I have seen of you , but for now farewell.”
They got led out by Snape. He gave them a look and walked off leaving them alone.
“This is bad” Rosalind groaned and sat down.
“Why are you freaking out?” Arienette asked “This is a chance to do what we only wished to do. I for one will make Draco fall in love with me. Padraic?”
Padraic thought hard “Cho Chang or Ginny . They’re easy . Got a girl and got a spot fixed here you see.”
Rosalind laughed at the easy comment . She quickly got up to her feet .
“So this is real? Like real?”
“Dumbledore said so”
“And if Harry being a Horcrux taught us anything it is that Dumbledore is never wrong!” Padraic added.
Rosalind smirked “I think the Golden Trios should emerge. Whose in?”
“I also think you should jump on Harry , but that is just me.” Added in Arienette . Padraic towered over her.
“And and let us hold a campaign for Severus being the new Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher!”
Arienette high fived him . “I’m in.” *

Rosalind rushed to Muggle studies with her fat book in her hand and a wand in her pocket. The wand was on top of her book . She was just guessing her wand chose her . It was bound to . When she entered she saw every table was taken . She sat in the first empty seat she saw. She turned to see who was sitting with her. Hermione Granger had her face buried in the course book . Rosalind took this time to make conversation .
“Oh I am sorry , but is someone sitting here?”
Hermione looked up “Neville , but I am sure he will understand . “ She put her book down . “Aren’t you supposed to be a Pureblood?”
She never remembered anything in the book that stated gossip travelled fast in Hogwarts .
“Yes” she said .
“Oh so what are you doing in the Muggle Studies class? It’s really hard for Purebloods you know . Well most Pureblood won’t even go near this class .”
Charity Burbage entered class . “Turn your books to page 127 . We will learn about the Muggle Government system today . Nothing too hard. Anyone know the President of United States?”
Rosalind rose her hand up . When Charity Burbage called upon her she asked . “Uh what year Professor?” . She didn’t want to answer and find out she wasn’t even in that year .
“2010.”
Hermiones hand shot up , but before Charity Burbage could ask her Rosalind replied . “Barrack Obama.”
Hermione turned to glare at Rosalind . Before Rosalind could see she quickly looked away . Note to self . Never try to outsmart Hermione .