Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ It JUST Got Worse ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Draco Malfoy figured his day could not get any worse. Well, his day, his week, this month, last month - the entire bloody YEAR couldn't get any worse. Or rather, it shouldn't. Merlin he hoped it wouldn't!
 
His mother, never actually having been a death eater during Voldemort's reign had "conveniently" gone "missing", after his father was sentenced to life imprisonment in Azkaban. Nothing, not even his money could save him from that fate...but still, Draco thought that his father would prefer Azkaban over the Dementor's Kiss.
 
He, Draco Malfoy, had been meant to inherit all of the Malfoy fortune should anything happen to his parents. Unfortunately for Draco, most of the death eater's were...well off. And the Ministry knew it. After Voldemort fell, and the DE's had been caught, all of their fortune's had been seized in order to help rebuild victim's homes and pay for their medical bills. All the money went to the damn NEEDY.
 
And that is how Draco found himself in a cramped auror office, which he soon learned he was sharing with one famous Harry fucking Potter. More like Harry PotHEAD if the look on the other boys face was anything to go by. Of course, Draco said nothing about that. Just simply glared at his former classmate, and somehow managed to bite back anything rude he could say about the prat.
 
"So Malfoy," Potter began, lips curving into the same smirk that Draco had seen in Severus's memories. "Where are you staying?"
 
"In a flat, just a few blocks away." Draco said, keeping his tone clipped. He may have to share an office with Potter but he sure as hell wasn't going to be friendly about it.
 
"How d'you afford that? It's not in the Wizarding district. If it's a few blocks away, that is." Harry added the last part, realizing he sounded like a creepy stalker. (Which his most likely was...Merlin knows what having a piece of the Dark Lord's soul inside of you can do to one's mental health...)
 
"I'm beginning a muggle job on Monday." Draco sneered "Happy now Potter. Took our money away to help the needy, and in doing so your bloody ORDER created the needy."
 
"Oh you're not needy Malfoy. Just lazy." Harry threw Draco a grin before heading out of the office, thinking that he really would like some coffee this morning.
 
"Bloody Potter!" Draco snarled, fist hitting his desk. He hissed at the impact, then stood. He stormed out of their shared office and ran smack into the chest of another person he absolutely didn't want to see.
 
"Shove off Malfoy."
 
"Screw off you tosspot" Draco snapped at Ron, casting a cleaning charm on himself to show the Weasley just how trashy he thought he was.
"Least I ain't a great wanker like yourself Malfoy." Ron's eyebrows wagged suggestively "I've got a girlfriend. Soon to be wife, as a matter of fact."
 
"I hardly consider Granger anything to marry. More like something to toss a bone too, and pat on the head when she does a good job." Draco's lip curved in a faint sneer which only grew stronger when Ron's ears turned red.
 
"Piss off Malfoy." Ron growled, knowing he couldn't hit the idiot while at work.
 
"Oh what? You're trying to tell me your girlfriend can't su-"
 
"Malfoy!"
 
Draco mentally cringed, turning to look at the minister himself. "Yes sir?"
 
The minister frowned deeply. "I hope you and Mister Weasley are getting along." He gave the two younger ones a meaningful look.
 
"Yeah. Brilliantly. We're the best friends ever." Ron said before stalking off, casting Draco a look that told him their little spat wasn't over quite yet.
 
Draco's chest heaved as he sighed. Apparently, yes. His day could get worse. It had gotten worse, and, as he looked across the hall and saw that damn mudblood Granger, he realized it was going to get even MORE worse than it just had!
 
"Draco!" Hermione Granger smiled brightly, waving at him. He had always found the girl to be daft, but honestly? Acting as though they were friends...
 
The word "mudblood" was just about to roll off of his tongue, when someone else decided to come and make his day worse.
 
"Excuse me Hermione, but I really do need to talk to Draco. Urgent news, it is."
 
"Oh! Of course Mister Weasley." Hermione smiled up at Arthur, her soon to be father in law, before scurrying off to find her fiance.
 
Draco suddenly wanted to throw a tempter tantrum, something he hadn't actually done since he was five years old, and father told him only babies, mudbloods and blood traitors did such childish things as throw tantrums.
 
"Harry tells me you're going to be working in a muggle job?" Draco could hear the excitement in Arthur's voice and yearned for the oaf to conceal it.
 
"Yes. I am." Draco's left eye twitched. /Ah HA! So that's why Potter was in such a hurry to leave the room./
 
"Oh excellent, excellent Draco! I was wondering if you could um...well that is...if you see any muggle contraptions that are just...oh, lying around...could you bring them home for me? I'll buy them from you, really I will."
 
Draco wondered vaguely how a WEASLEY could afford to buy things other than food, then remembered that ALL of the Weasley children had, in fact left home. "Of course, Mister Weasley." After all, a bit of extra money couldn't hurt...
 
Draco suddenly got a wicked plan and smirked "Oh and Mister Weasley, can you talk to Harry for me..." He added the false concern into his voice, hoping to catch a fish...
 
And he did. Hook, line and sinker.
 
"Of course Draco, anything. What is it my boy?"
 
"Can you tell him that he really SHOULD stop taking drugs, and that there's a therapy group I know about that could help him?" And with that, Draco left, leaving behind a very confused and outraged Arthur Weasley.