Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Long Lost Memories ❯ The Memory ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Legilimens!" Snape shouted.
"Please! Let me rest!" Harry shouted back, falling against the wooden chair. He was tired. They had been at this all night and Harry had yet to even rest in between each spell.
Snape lowered his wand. "The Dark Lord does not let his enemy rest!" He wasn't ready to stop. He watched Harry get up from his chair and walk to the table where a glass of water was. Harry had to be ready to face Voldemort and he was still in no shape to go against him again. "Listen to me, boy. Life isn't fair. Your bloody father knew that. In fact, he frequently sought to it!"
Harry wasn't going to have Snape talk about his father that way so he snapped back, "My father was a great man!"
Snape grabbed Harry by the shirt and flung him back into the chair. "You father was a swine!" Right when Harry hit the chair, Snape brought his wand up again, "Legili-!"
He was cut off though. Harry was so mad about what Snape had said about his father, that he stood up, his own wand up, and shouted back, "Protego!"
Snape wasn't as stong as Harry with keeping control of who entered his mind because Harry slipped so easily though it. Now, Snape's deepest memories were being shown to him.
There was a girl, maybe Harry's age, sitting at a table in the great hall by herself. She was a beautiful female with long auburn colored hair and sea green eyes. Harry could see a scarf and coat sitting next to her and the great hall was almost empty so he could tell it was winter break. She picked boredly at the food in front of her while watching a green candle's flame dance. She finally got fed up with the candle and blew out the flame.
A young Snape walked over to the table the girl sat at and sat across from her. "Morning," he greeted her, giving a small, real smile.
She looked up and gave a smile back. "Hey."
He looked at the blown out candle then tapped the tip of his wand against the wick, making the flame spark back to life and the girl's smile grow.
The memory jumped to Snape and the girl in the Slytherin common room arguing. "Why can't you just accept this?" Snape almost shouted in her face. "Things will get better now!"
She stared at him, hurt in her eyes. "You have to worry about your life and the Ministry! Things will never get better!" she sobbed, walking out of the common room.
"Enough!" Older Snape's voice shouted. He did seem to be strong enough to push a person out of a memory when he wanted to because that was exactly what he did to Harry.
Harry fell back into the wooden chair, panting. His eyes were wide as he stood back up and stared at Snape who was holding himself up on the potions table. Snape walked over to Harry and grabbed him by his shirt. "You...," he mumbled.
"I didn't me-" Harry tried to spit out but Snape hissed the words, "Get out," then release Harry's shirt.
The fifth year Gryffindor seemed to almost run out of the potions dungeon, leaving Snape to stare into space, pondering the memories that had dug up in his mind. The girl's smiling face was there staring back at him. A memory that he had tried to forget had come back to him and it wasn't going to leave.
MineWhiteDragon- This is one of my first Harry Potter fics!! Over the two years I have been on I have worked on my OCs! Be proud of me my fans!! 3 Chapter Two will be up soon. Also, there is a video to this story I have on youtube but I will give you the link when the story is father in to avoid spoilers. Love everyone! 3