Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Long Lost Memories ❯ Haunted ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Long Lost Memories
By: MinaWhiteDragon
Mina- Well, the video has been put on hold because I’m so lazy and have been trying to finish my Only Us series which will be turned into a fanfic soon.
Disclaimer- I don’t own anything!
Chapter One- Haunted
It had been two days since the incident between Snape and Harry and during those days, neither of the two could get their minds off of the memories they had seen.
Classes had begun again and the Gryffindors and Slytherins filed loudly into the Potions classroom. Harry was quiet, a bit strange among the other students.
Snape watched the black haired student take his seat with Hermione. When their eyes met, the smiling face of the memory played in their heads. Snape immediately broke his eyes away and walked to the front of the classroom. “Alright. Turn to page 394.”
((MWD- I couldn’t fight the urge lol))
The bell rang over an hour later and the students began to leave the room. Snape watched Harry stand up, trying to listen to something Hermione was saying. “Potter, stay after,” the Potions teacher said, looking at some papers he had in his hands.
Harry sighed, said his goodbyes to his friends, and walked to the greasy haired teacher’s desk. He waited until the rest of the students left the classroom to ask, “You wanted to see me, Professor?”
Snape didn’t look up from his papers as he talked. “Yes, Potter. We will not be having anymore lesson. You seem more than ready to protect your mind.”
“Sir, I didn’t-“
“You are dismissed, Potter,” he said coldly.
“Sir, I really-“
“You are dismissed!” Snape raised his voice.
Harry nodded. “Yes, sir.” He slung his bag over his shoulder and left the classroom.
Snape sighed and rested his head in his hands. His mind was wandering again. Another memory of the girl had risen up in his mind.
James Potter and his friend stood around a floating Snape. “Who wants me to remove Snivillus’s trousers?” James asked, making the other Gryffindors burst into a fit of laughter. James raised his wand but a female voice stopped him.
James Potter!” the voice shouted.
The Gryiffindors jumped at the voice, James accidentally dropped Snape.
Standing before them, arms crossed, was the female, long auburn hair and sea green eyes. She groaned, rolling her eyes. “Here you are, torturing poor Severus again. Do I have to go to the Headmaster, Potter?”
Ugh, why can’t you mind you own business, Lochlin?” Sirius growled.
Ugh,” she mocked, “Why can’t you ever comb your hair, Black?” She chuckled while Sirius gave her a dirty look.
James sighed and put his wand back into his robe. “Come on, guys. Prefects ruin all the fun.” James and the rest of the Gryffindors walked away from the scene.
The girl rolled her eyes once more then turned to Snape who was sitting in the grass, holding his bloody nose. She walked to him and knelt down. “Are you alright, Severus?” she asked.
He gave her a cold look. “I’m fine.” He removed his hands from his face.
No you’re not. Your nose.” She pulled out her wand and lightly tapped it on his nose. His nose glowed a light green color that then dimmed away. “There. It’s all better.”
He straightened himself. “Thank you,” he mumbled.
She smiled. “No problem.” She heard the lunch bell ring from the school and stood up. “Well, time to get to class. Bye, Severus.” She picked up her bag and began to walk back to the castle.
Snape shook his head as his next class entered the room. “Hm, the first time we met,” he mumbled to himself. He gave a small chuckle as he stood up. “Okay, class…”
At lunch, Harry sat down with his friends, his mind still deep in thought. He had just seen a fourth memory of Snape’s.
Ron has noticed Harry’s silence and now decided to speak up. “You feeling alright, mate?”
Harry nodded. “I’m just tired. I didn’t get enough sleep last night.”
Hermione huffed at the raven-haired male. “Maybe you should actually work with Professor Snape. The faster you learn, the faster it’s all over.”
Harry ignored the fact that what his friend had said was rude, and answered, “Last night’s lesson was the last one/” He took a drink of his pumpkin juice.
“Well, that’s good. You’re almost ready to face You-Know-Who,” Hermione said.
Harry’s eyes shifted back and forth in between his friends. Should he tell them about what happened between him and the potions teacher? About the memories he saw? He slowly shook his head to himself. ‘I need to solve this on my own for once,’ he thought.
He got to his feet and gathered his things. “I need to get to a study session with Professor Snape.”
“Snape? I thought you were done,” Ron asked with a mouth full of food. Hermione gave the Weasley a disgusted look.
“I just need help with a potion.” Harry said before leaving the great hall.
He entered Snape’s classroom where the broody male was sitting at his desk, looking at something small and silver. Harry cleared his throat and spoke, “Professor?”
Snape jumped just slightly and quickly his the silver object inside his desk. “What do you want, Potter?” he asked, coldly.
“Sir, I need help with a potion,” he answered.
“What potion?” He folded his hands and propped up his elbows on the top of the desk.
Harry walked to the professor’s desk, pulling up and chair with him, and sitting down. “The one we did yesterday.”
Snape nodded and pulled out a potion recipe card. “Let’s look over the recipe. Tell me what the first ingredient is.” He held out the card for Harry to take.
Harry slowly reach out and took the card. Their skin lightly brushed and both jumped back, their minds both jumping into the same memory.
The girl from the other memories was walking down the hallway, many books in her arms. She was mumbling something about her Herbology class and not paying attention to the students around her.
A couple of older Slytherin females began to walk beside her. “Hey, Amelia,” one girl snickered.
Hello.” She greeted, trying not to drop her books. “Excuse me.” She went to turn down a hallway but the group of girls stood in her way. “Please move. I need to get these to Professor Dumbledore.”
Come on, Prefect. Hang out with us,” the leader giggled.
I-I really have to get to the Headmaster.” She gave a light gulp. She knew exactly what these girls were doing. They wanted revenge on her for doing her Prefect duty and giving them detention.
The leader gave Amelia a light shove that managed to knock her off her feet and onto the floor, all her books scattering across the floor.
Severus came from around the corner. He had been watching Amelia, trying to work up the courage to talk to her. “Leave her alone or I’ll be forced to go to the Headmaster.”
The girls scoffed and left the scene, one mumbling,”Damn, Snivelus.”
Severus knelt down and began to gather Amelia’s books. “Are you okay?” he asked.
I’m fine,” she answered, a slight whimper-ish. She sat up and gathered books as well.
Would you like some help getting these to Professor Dumbledore?” He stacked three books up.
She shook her head, keeping it facing the ground. “I got it.” She grabbed all her books and stood up. “Thank you.” She turned down the corner but Snape grabbed her wrist turning her back around to him.
His eyes widened as held her wrist. Her eyes were filled with tears. He softly mumbled, “You’re-welcome.” He slowly released her and she rushed to Dumbledore’s office.
Snape jumped up, the card falling onto the desk. “W-what…?!” he whispered.
“Amelia…Lochlin...,” Harry whispered.
“What did you do, Potter?” Snape growled, regaining himself.
“I did nothing, sir. I swear.” Harry stood up.
After a brief silence, Harry asked, “Did you like her?”
Snape’s eyes narrowed and he stormed out of the classroom, leaving Harry to ponder the new memory.
“All together, that’s four.” Harry scratched his head. “Why do I see these?”
Snape stormed into Dumbledore’s office. “Headmaster, something strange is going on.”
Dumbledore looked up from the newspaper he had been reading. “What is it, Severus?” he asked the potions professor.
“Potter has been seeing my old memories.” Snape tried to keep his anger down.
“Hm…” Dumbledore hummed, “which memories?” The old professor entwined his fingers.
Snape looked away and hesitantly answered, “Amelia…”
“You told me you obliterated those memories after her death,” Dumbledore said.
“I wanted to, sir, but I could never bring myself to do it. I pushed them to the back of my mind and soon forgot about them.”
“Hmm.” He stood from the desk.” Did Mr. Potter happen to enter your mind?” He couldn’t help but to chuckle when the greasy-haired male didn’t answer. “That’s what forced them back out.”
“Ugh!” He groaned. “I want to obliterate them but I can’t!”
“Because you loved her, Severus, and you still do, even after her death.”
Snape looked back at the Headmaster. “You are really the last person I wished to hear that from.”
Dumbledore walked to him and placed his hand on his shoulder. “Let the memories stay. Since Mr. Potter is seeing them as well, tell him about Amelia so he’s not left in the dark.”
“Why would I do something like that?”
“He’s the only one who you can talk to about her.” Dumbledore smiled the walked back to his desk.
Snape thought to himself for a second then nodded. “Thank you, sir.” He walked out of the office, going back to his classroom.
He saw Umbridge walking the opposite way as him. She smiled as she passed him and greeted, “Afternoon, Snape.”
He stopped and watched the DADA professor walk into Dumbledore’s office. He mumbled something under his breath and continued walked.
Chapter One End