Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Long Lost Memories ❯ Snow White Queen ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Long Lost Memories
By: MinaWhiteDragon
Mina- Woo! I’m so glad I’m doing so good on this series!! Btw, the Only Us epilogue is finally up on Youtube!! Yay!!
Disclaimer- I don’t own anything!
Chapter Three- Snow White Queen
“Amelia’s dead?” Lockhart asked.
“Yes! You and Umbridge killed her!”
“Killed her? We did no such thing!” Lockhart stood. “We used a memory charm on her! She thinks she’s a Muggle!”
Snape and Harry’s eyes widened. “What?!” Snape gasped.
!Next Scene!
A middle aged woman sat up in her bed and yawned. She shook her wrists and slowly got out of the bed. She flicked her wrist once more and suddenly, a book on her nightstand flew across the room. She groaned and rolled her eyes. “Not again,” she grumbled as she walked into her bathroom.
After getting ready for the day, she walked to her neighbor’s house and knocked on the door. An elderly woman with long, silver hair answered the door. She gave a sweet, welcoming smile. “Good morning, Amelia. How are you feeling today?” she asked.
Amelia walked into the house when the old woman let her in. “I’m actually feeling really good today, mum.” She ran a hand through her long auburn hair. “Where’s father? Is he still in bed?”
“No. He’s in the living room watching TV.” The older woman put her hand on her daughter’s shoulder and walked with her into the living room where an elderly man was sitting watching TV.
When they entered the living room, the old man gave a smile similar to his wife’s. “Good morning, dear. How are you?”
She sat down next to him on the couch. “I’m good, father.” She paused. “Actually, I wanted to talk to you and mum about something.”
Her mother sat down next to her and took her hand. “What is it dear?”
“Well…I’ve had another dream…about me and the young man. In that same school, I think it was it called, Hogwarts.” She looked down at her hands. The dreams were not normal, they had to mean something.
Her father smiled. “Don’t you think it’s time you found out who that young man is? Maybe he could tell you about the powers you have.”
Amelia’s jaw practically dropped. “Father, are you serious? Find him? He has to be the same age as me by now!” She looked at her mother. “Mum, what do you think about this?”
Her mother smiled again too. “I think you should do whatever your heart says.”
Amelia nodded and opened her mouth to say something else when an owl flew through the open window in their living room, and dropped a letter on Amelia’s lap.
Eyes wide, everyone stared at the letter and then at the owl. The owl hooted happily then flew back out of the window. The three adults looked back at the letter which suddenly jumped off Amelia’s lap and turned into a woman’s face.
The woman was plump with curly brown hair. She looked way older than Amelia yet younger than her parents. “Hello, Miss Lochlin. My name is Dolores Umbridge. I am the current Headmistress at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We are currently in need of a Defense Against Dark Arts professor and we wish for you to come in and take that position. The school year is less than half way over and I am only asking for you to work the rest of the year. If you wish, at the end of the year, to work next year then we are glad to give you the spot permanently. If you accept, please meet me at King’s Cross Station in London, in between Platforms 9 and 10, tomorrow at 7:00 A.M. Hope you accept, Headmistress, Dolores Umbridge.”
Suddenly, the letter shred itself into a million pieces.
Amelia looked at her parents and the back the letter’s remains on the floor in front of her.
The next morning…
Amelia stood in between Platforms 9 and 10 and took a deep breath, one minute till 7 o’clock. “I must be crazy to accept but what the hell,” she mumbled to herself.
The plump woman stepped in front of her and smiled. Amelia thought she might need sunglasses for how bright pink the outfit Umbridge was wearing was. “Good morning, Miss Lochlin. I’m so glad you’ve decided to accept.”
Amelia wagged a finger at the older woman. “I’m only accepting on one condition.”
“Oh? And what would that be?” she asked.
“I want to learn how to control my powers while I’m working here.”
“Of course, dearie. That is no problem. Now, shall we go?”
“Go? Now? If I’m staying at this school for a few months, won’t I need my things?”
Umbridge giggled. “Of course not. Hogwarts is going to supply you with all the robes and other clothing you need.”
“Oh….okay…” Amelia thought about this for a moment then nodded. “Alright. Let’s go.”
!With Snape & Harry!
Snape and Harry were sitting in Snape’s classroom. Classes weren’t for another hour so this gave the two time to talk about Amelia.
Snape slammed his fist on his desk. “She’s been alive all this time and no one told me!”
“Professor, she won’t even remember you if you find her. I think it’s best you just…..leave her as a memory…”
“A memory?! Never! I’d rather-” The bell for classes to begin rang. Snape sat down at the desk and sighed. “Get to your Defense Against the Dark Arts class, Potter. We’ll discuss this more later.”
Harry nodded and stood, picking up his bag, and left the room.
He walked to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and took his seat next to Ron. Ron looked at the male and asked, “You feelin’ alright, mate?”
Harry nodded. “Professor Snape put me through a rough lesson last night.”
“I told you that you need to work with him or else nothing is going to get done,” Hermione said from her desk with Susan Bones.
“Alright, Hermione, I get it.” Harry rubbed his head.
“So anyway, Harry, I heard we have a new DADA professor. Maybe we’ll actually get to use magic!” Ron said excitedly.
“About time,” Seamus said from behind them. “I was ready to Avada myself if we had to have Umbridge for one more day.”
The group laughed but the whole class was silent when Umbridge entered, a woman with long auburn hair and sea blue eyes walking behind her. They stood at the front of the class and Umbridge spoke, “This is your new professor. She will be reporting to me everyday what has gone on in her classes so you better behave.” Umbridge gave another smile then left the room.
Amelia nodded and gulped lightly. “So…I am your new professor…My name is Amelia Lochlin.” She gave a light smile.
‘AMELIA LOCHLIN?!’ Harry screamed in his head. ‘It can’t be her! It just can’t!’
Amelia picked up one of the DADA textbooks, flipped through it, and rolled her eyes. She tossed it behind her and stated, “Professor Umbridge said that I have to use these textbooks so I’m going to, though I’d rather learn all of this stuff using our actual wands.” Some of the class cheered at her comment about really wanting to learn without textbooks. “So…let’s get started.”
!Next!
After class, the trio approached Amelia as she was grading papers at her desk. “Can I help you?” she asked sweetly.
“Professor, you really don’t know how to use magic, do you?” Hermione asked.
“Hermione! You can’t ask a teacher that!” Ron snapped.
Amelia waved her hand. “No, no. It’s okay. I really don’t, Miss Granger. I lived most of my life thinking I was a Muggle. I really wish to use magic in the classroom but Professor Umbridge has forbid it.”
Hermione smiled. “Well, we have a secret club where Harry is teaching us how to use our defense magic. It’s called Dumbledore’s Army. Will you join?” she asked.
Amelia’s smile widened. “Of course!! That sounds great!”
Hermione smiled happily and quickly dug into her bag. She pulled out a gallon and handed it to Amelia. “At the bottom of this coin, instead of the serial number of the coin, is the date of the next meeting. Harry will meet you outside of this classroom at the time so he can show you to the Room of Requirement.”
Amelia smiled and nodded. “Alright.” She looked down at the coin. “That date. Is that tonight?”
“Yeah,” Ron told her, “Be careful though, Miss Lochlin. Umbridge knows about Dumbledore’s Army but she doesn’t know that was still are having sessions. She thinks we’re too scared of her to continue.”
Amelia laughed. “Alright. Now, you three better get to your next class.”
The trio nodded and waved as they left the classroom.
When Harry and his friends entered their Potions class, Harry walked to Snape’s desk and whispered, “Professor, Amelia….she’s the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.”
The male’s head shot up from the papers he was reading. “What?!” he jumped softly. “Are you sure?”
Harry quickly nodded. “It really is her. Amelia Lochlin, auburn hair, blue eyes, lived a Muggle most of her life.”
Snape placed his hand on his forehead and gave his temples a good rub. “What is Umbridge up to? Why would she bring Amelia here?”
The late bell rang and Harry shrugged. “I’m unsure. Maybe with some sneaking around, we could find something out,” he whispered before taking his seat with Ron on the first row.
!!NEXT!!
“Ready, professor?” Harry asked Amelia. “Go!”
“Stupify!” she shouted, swishing her wand. The large Death Eater dummy flew back into a wall and fell to the floor. All of Dumbledore’s Army applauded her. She laughed. “Wow. I’ve learned so much on my first day here. Thanks to all of you.”
“Miss Lochlin, thank you for agreeing to help us,” Ginny thanked her teacher.
Amelia smiled. She looked down at her watch. “Oh! We need to go! Umbridge is due to my classroom any minute to ask about the classes. Go!”
All the students filed out of the room quickly, making sure no one was in the hallway first.
Amelia was running to her classroom and barely watching where she was going. Not paying attention, she bumped into someone as they were both turning the same corner.
The tall figure managed to keep her balance and to catch her when she couldn’t. Amelia looked up into the cold eyes of Snape. “Oh, thank you, sir.” She stood straight and patted her robes.
“It was no problem. You should be more careful in these hallways, Miss Lochlin.” He looked her over quickly, before she noticed. It really was her. She had barely changed, unlike him. The sorrow and anger he held for all those years changed him so much, physically and mentally.
“Oh, you’re Professor Snape, the potions teacher.” She smiled. “I’ve been meaning to get with you for something.”
“Really?” he asked.
She nodded. “I need some help learning potions, since I have lived as a Muggle for my whole life. Maybe this weekend, you can teach me.”
Snape heart skipped a beat. It was just like it was when they were teens. “I’d be glad to help.”
“Alright!” She cheered, making him chuckle. “See you Friday afternoon!” She rushed off down the hallway, still hurrying to get to her classroom before Umbridge.
Snape watched her until she was out of sight. “Maybe…,” he mumbled,” Things can be the way they were before.”
Chapter Three END