Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Long Lost Memories ❯ Lithium ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Long Lost Memories
By: MinaWhiteDragon
Mina- New chappy!! Woot! XD Well, this series on Youtube is being temporarily discontinued. The next part will be up when I finish this story (which I know will not take long :D)
Disclaimer- I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER!! If I did then Draco, Neville, and young Snape would be tied up in my closet. What? You think they're already there? Why do you think that? Muffles and groans? No that's my brother and his friends watching porn.
Chapter Four- Lithium
“See you Friday afternoon!” Amelia rushed off down the hallway, still hurrying to get to her classroom before Umbridge.
Snape watched her until she was out of sight. “Maybe…,” he mumbled,” Things can be the way they were before.”
!!NEXT!!
Amelia had been late getting to her classroom before Umbridge but managed to give a good report on her classes and covering up where she was while Umbridge was waiting.
After dinner, Amelia made her was to the potions dungeon. Snape was not in it, waiting for her, so she took a seat at a table and looked over the bottles that sat before her. Strange ingredients were scattered over the table. Snape obviously didn’t clean up before dinner.
Amelia ran her fingers over the bottles and the small cauldron on the table.
“Getting familiar with everything?”
Snape’s voice from the doorway made her jump and a bottle made her jump and a bottle of snake eyes fall and shatter on the floor.
“Oh! I’m sorry! You scared me.” She panicked. She dropped to the ground and was about to pck up the broken glass.
“I got it, Miss Lochlin.” Snape lightly waved his wand. The bottle repaired itself and floated back onto the table.
Amelia’s jaw dropped and she smiled. “Magic is so amazing!” She laughed.
Snape chuckled then took a seat beside her. He pulled a card out of his robe and handed it to her. “Let’s start with this simple potion.”
!!
Amelia threw something into the cauldron and a puff of purple smoke appear then disappeared. She coughed a little then looked into the cauldron. “It’s purple.”
“Potion six, completed perfectly.” Snape chuckled again. Out of six potions, she only messed up on two.
“Thank you so much for your help, Snape.” She smiled and reached out to touch his hand.
When the tips of her fingers touched the palm of his hand, memories flooded both their minds.
Many Snape and Harry had seen together and Amelia had seen in dreams and others were new to both.
When tons of memories filled their minds, they flew back into reality.
Snape’s eyes widened and he looked into Amelia’s eyes. He saw fear in her eyes. He thought she would regain all her memories and be happy…but she wasn’t. She was scared.
“Amelia, I can explain,” he started.
She jumped up from her chair and ran out of the dungeon. “Amelia! Wait!”
He grumbled and slammed his fists on the table. “Damn it! What happened?!” He laid his head in his hands and sighed.
!!
‘”These memories, dear,” Umbridge took a sip of tea. “Have you ever seen them before this.”
The auburn-haired woman shrugged. “A few of them but only in dreams. Do you know what they are or what they mean?”
Umbridge was silent as she placed her tea cup onto her desk. “No. I don’t understand these either.”
The younger woman gave a slight look of disbelief. “Is that the truth, headmistress?”
Umbridge gave her trademark, creepy smile and giggle, and answered, “Of course, dear.” She looked at one of the cat plates on her wall, which mewed louder than the others. “If you would excuse me, Miss Lochlin, I have another guest.”
Amelia nodded and stood up. “Thank you, headmistress.” She gave a slight nod of her head then left the office, passing Filch on her way down the stairs.
!!
“You have to help her, professor. Don’t let her be scared. Tell her the truth.” Harry told the professor who met him outside the grand hall.
It was late and if Harry had been by himself, a prefect or professor could give him detention. Thank god he was with Snape.
Snape crossed his arm and gave a look. “You think that would work? She might not even come near me.”
“Make her listen. Catch her right after classes let out and talk to her.”
Snape rubbed his temples. “Look at me. Taking advice from a sixteen year-old.”
“Hey,” Harry crossed his arms, “who else is going to help you?”
Snape grabbed Harry by his collar and shoved him in the direction of the Gryffindor common room. “Get back to your common room.”
Harry had to hold back a laugh as he walked away. Snape simply rolled his eyes and started walking to the room where he stayed.
!!
For the next couple of weeks, Amelia was pretty shaky as she taught her classes. Everyone seemed to notice, even the staff, and every time she’d see Snape in the hallway, she would turn the other way or strike up conversation with a student.
Snape’s heart hurt. He knew how scared she was about those memories and he desperately wanted to help her, but she wouldn’t come near him.
To his surprise, after dinner, she approached him. “Meet me in the potions dungeon at midnight. Please.” She didn’t wait for an answer as she passed by him and walked the opposite way of her room. He watched her, wondering what was going to happen.
!!
Snape was sitting in the potion dungeon, waiting. It was twenty past midnight. Where was she?
Another twenty minutes passed, and another, and another.
He was getting ready to leave when Amelia, very tired and sweaty, ran into the dungeon. “You’re still here. Thank God!”
“Amelia, what’s wrong?” he asked. This wasn’t normal.
She panted, “I-I’ve been-caught! They’ve found out!”
“What do you mean? Who found out what?” He placed his arms on her shoulders to hold her up. She looked so tired, she was about to lose her balance.
She took big breaths between her words. “Umbridge...the Ministry...they’ve found out…I was helping…Dumbledore’s Army…”
“You did what?!” He was shocked. He never thought she would even dare to do something that brave her first year. He didn’t really care what the students in Dumbledore’s Army as long as they weren’t causing trouble.
He could see tears in her eyes mixing with the sweat as they dripped down her cheeks; she was more scared than when she saw those memories. “I-I couldn’t refuse them…they told me…I’d learn my magic…and that it would be great…if I helped them…take a stand against Umbridge…now…Umbridge and some people…from the Ministry…are looking for me…I managed to…get away…with a spell…”
“Why would you come here? Why risk getting caught?” He felt himself wanting to cry. She was so scared and there really was nothing he could do.
“Severus,” she whimpered, making Snape’s eyes snap wide at the use of his first name, “run away with me. We can start everything over. We can move out to London, get married, and have a perfect life. They wouldn’t be able to take us apart like before.”
Snape thought back to the memory of when Amelia’s mind was erased and his heart cringed. He was slightly shocked. Amelia had thought about the memories over the last few weeks and she figured out that the memories were real past memories. She still loved him and wanted everything to be like it was before; perfect.
He had always told himself, that if Amelia could ever come back and tell him she wanted him to go away and live with her; he’d give up his job at Hogwarts for her any day. That’s what was running though his head now. The life he always wanted, the life with her, was right there for the taking…and he was wrapping his hand around it.
He pulled her into a tight hug. “Let’s get out of here,” he whispered.
She wrapped her arms around him and hugged back. “Yes.”
Chapter Four END!
MWD- SQUEE!! I’m so excited!! This story is turning out to be amazing!! :3 Sadly though, it’s coming to a close soon. The ending is arriving!