Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast You've Made Me . ❯ Sleeping Beauty . ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Arienette woke up with a kick on the side of her stomach . It was a strange awakening though . For the first few seconds her eyes refused to open . Every part of her body felt numb except the side which had just made contact with someone’s foot. Her head felt heavy as she slowly sat up . She opened her eyes to be greeted by someone else’s .
She soon realized who had kicked her . He stood a couple of inches away . His face was in complete shock , but as soon he caught her sight a mask formed on his face making it completely unreadable.
Her mouth was dry and she thirst for water . This whole moment was completely bizarre .
“Uhh what happened?” She asked “Where are we?”.
He continued to look at her . She looked around . She knew this place . The great hall .Every inch of this place reminded her of something . Of her and her friends laughing . Of Hermione giving them lectures . Of the Yule Ball . Of the battle of Hogwarts . It did not look the same anymore . The roof was no longer enchanted to mimic the sky . The tables were gone . The Gryffindor banners and tapestry burned . Lines and lines of dead bodies lay .
She turned to look at him. “When did the battle end?”
A smirked formed on his face “I was trying to figure it out Cronus . He gave you the Draught Of The Living Dead , didn’t he? Now either he planned all of this or is a complete idiot . As much as I would adore talking about his lack of intellect sadly he planned this . Seven months . You have been in a state of such deep sleep that every Death Eater thought you were dead . Even I thought so . He knew the Death Eaters wouldn’t bother giving the dead a proper funeral . He clearly wasn’t worried about you being buried alive . “
She cursed herself under her breath. He told her to drink it she never questioned him . If she knew what he was giving to her she would have never drank it. She escaped the battle in the cowards way . She remembered it like it was yesterday . Or maybe because it was the last memory she had . The six of them entered Hogwarts knowing Voldemort was on his way . She was confident in the battle . While Harry searched for the last Horcrux and Ron , Hermione and Rosalind went to the Chamber Of Secrets Padraic and her helped Fred. It wasn’t until the blast . After the blast she was shaken . She knew people would die , but seeing Fred’s lifeless body was unexpected . Even for her . He lay there so quiet . Fred Weasley George Weasley’s other half could never remain motionless or silent .
“Go with Slughorn. Go help him.” Ordered Rosalind. She couldn’t deny.
She was busy fighting. Staying alert . Dodging every red , blue , silver especially green curse thrown towards her direction . That’s when she heard a scream . She saw Astoria standing there besides a body .
“Pr-pr-ro-ffessor S-s-s--lughorn.” She cried . She was here just , because of Daphne her older sister .
Arienette saw the dead body of her potions Professor . The only thing she could say was “We have to move on.”
“No!” Astoria argued “ Drr-dd-rrr-a” The tears wouldn’t stop.
“Malfoy.” She pulled both of them towards the ground to dodge a hex “ Is he hurt?”
“He d-d-d-id it.”
Arienette instantly snapped back to the present . She searched her pockets for her wand. She even tried her socks.
“Looking for this?” He held her wand in his white hand.
“Malfoy give it back.” She stood up . Bad idea . Her legs were hurting to such an extent she wanted to cut them off.
“Put the pieces together yet Cronus? Your team lost . Team The Chosen One , Team Lightening Scar , Team The Boy Who Lived , Team Potter or whatever catchy name you gave it .”
“What happened? He gave me the draught after “ she paused “ someone died and you killed Slughorn . “
Malfoy just laughed . “ Potters in Azkaban . The Chosen One failed . He failed everyone . The Dark Lord wanted to kill him until he found out watching him suffer was just so much more pleasurable .” Arienette found no hint of humanity in his voice “Granger is locked up in level 8 of the Ministry Of Magic. We would have killed her , but we like questioning her from time to time . Can’t believe a Mud Blood -
“Muggle Born , Malfoy .” Arienette corrected him firmly .
“ Whatever . “
“What about the rest?”
“Weasley , Black and Monroe are in hiding . Cowards .” His smile smug .
Arienette took a deep breath . “ What are you going to do? Take me to You-Know-Who” The last time they spoke his name they got themselves stuck in Malfoy’s dungeon . “ Or kill me?”
Malfoy examined her , then smiled . “ If I wanted to kill you Cronus I wouldn’t have bothered having this lovely talk. As far as The Dark Lord goes you were never one of the important Undesirables . Aunt Bellatrix would love me if I brought you to her , but I need you . “
Arienette forced a smile . “Need me? When did this need start?”
“ A month ago . Well 29 days ago to be exact . I came here to well steal your wand so I could retrace it’s last spells then I found you alive . “
“I think the kick was bound to wake any dead person up . “
A smirked played on Malfoy’s lips “Well maybe you should kick the dead Weasley twin then . “
Anger got the best of her . She went to slap him , but he caught her wrist . He had a strong grip on it . “You may have gotten away with your slaps when we were young , but we’re both eighteen now . And I am much wiser so think twice before trying to slap me ever again , got it? “ He spoke through a clenched jaw . Arienette just looked amused by his threatening words . Then proceeded to slap him with the hand which he wasn't gripping on to.
She was never a fan of Draco Malfoy from day one . She may have been sorted in to the Slytherin house , but she strongly believed the Sorting Hat made a giant mistake . She belonged in Gryffindor with the rest of her friends . And Draco Malfoy didn’t make her stay at Slytherin any more pleasant . Arienette Cronus may have been a Pureblood , but in Draco’s eyes she was as filthy as any Mud Blood or Blood Traitor could be .
She forcefully pulled her wrist away . “What do you want?”
“ I want you to find the Order or at least what is left of it . They went into hiding with your friends . Well your friends are a part of the Order I am guessing . “
Arienette couldn’t control her laughter . “How stupid do you think I am? Why would I hand over the Order to you? So you present them to him and receive an award . Maybe he’ll give you your own town.”
Anger burned in his gray eyes “I need the Order so I can defeat him . I can’t do it alone . I won’t even try to do it alone!”
Arienette smiled . Draco found her reaction sort of odd . She wanted that , because as he stood there distracted by her wide smile she had enough time to kick him in the knee . He crashed to the ground .
“You bitch!” He yelled . She quickly grabbed both of their wands .
“What Malfoy? I couldn’t hear you over the sound of your wand.” She started walking towards the end of the Great Hall .
“He has my parents!” She heard him yell . She stopped and turned to look at him .
“We already fell for that once Malfoy . Remember Sixth year? We thought you changed! And then you go kill Slughorn! Is that what you call redemption? Cause I call that betrayal .”
He slowly got up . “You won’t understand . You can try , but you will just never get it . He lived at my house . You saw the way my aunt treated me in my own house! There was no chance of Potter winning . Yes he achieved a lot . Even I admit that , but defeating the Dark Lord ? It was the Death Eaters against school children . I wasn't going to stand inside Hogwarts knowing that Potter was about to go down and I hadn't been loyal to the Dark Lord . Death . Taking someone’s life . That is the only way you can prove your loyalty to him . We thought once he got power it would be like the old days . It wasn’t . My father tried to walk away from being a Death Eater . Bad move . My parents are now locked in Azkaban Cronus . My house is under his rule . I got kicked out of my own house! In about 5 months my parents will die . He will make me do it and if I don’t then he will kill all three of us .” He walked a little closer “ I am not asking you to forgive me , because I have done much worse than just kill Slughorn in these past seven months . I am asking you to defeat The Dark Lord . We can both do it for our own reasons . You for your friends and family and me for my parents .” For just a split second she saw the sorrow in his face . It vanished before she could even properly comprehend it . One of his unreadable masks took over his face again .
“How do I know this is not a elaborate trick to get to the Order?” She asked .
It took him a few seconds to reply . “I’ll do anything you ask . And even if you want you can’t walk out of this place without me . Death Eaters are everywhere . They see you they will kill you in a second .”
“I thought I was one of the less important Undesirables ?”
“You are , but in the end of the day you still are a Undesirable .” Malfoy only cared for three things . His money . His life . And his parents . Voldemort currently had two of those things . The only way to make sure he wouldn‘t deceive her was to make him put his life on the line .
“I’ll go with you , but I won’t start searching for the Order until we make an Unbreakable Vow . Is that alright with you?“
He looked a little taken a back . Then simply answered “Yes , but in case you didn’t notice we need a Bonder . Last time I checked you are a Undesirable who just came back from the dead and I am one of The Dark Lords most valuable Death Eaters. “
Arienette smiled “I thought you were Draco Malfoy . Didn’t you always tell us back in school that nothing was impossible for you?”
“I never said it was impossible “ He said sounding a little annoyed .