Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast You've Made Me . ❯ I Know You Have Suffered . ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
They apparated in front of a house . Grimmauld Place . He had to be joking .
“What are we doing here Malfoy? The Order moved out of this place right after Dumbledore’s death . The last people to inhabit this house were my friends.” She whispered to him as he walked towards the door.
He took out his wand and touched the door knob .
“I live here.” He whispered.
“This house belongs to Harry!” She hissed. Sirius had left it in his name .
He turned to face her. ”He’s in Azkaban . He has a house . It's his jail cell . I am the one who is homeless. And anyways originally it should belong to me.”
“No. Padraic Black . Sirius’s cousin . It should belong to him.”
Malfoy opened the door . He pushed her inside and then followed . He put a few protective charms around the house before closing the door . “ My birthday is June 5th . His birthday is July 22nd . I’m older . ”
She didn’t reply . She would have loved to continue fighting with him , but she knew it wouldn’t get them any where . He would never admit to the fact he was wrong .
The house was dustier than ever . She did notice one change . Sirius’s mother wasn’t yelling any longer . Instead she greeted Malfoy with lovely comments . Finally a Slytherin Pureblood … a Slytherin Pureblood who wasn’t friends with Mud Bloods and Blood Traitors was living in her house .
“Where’s Kreacher?” Arienette asked remembering he could no longer be at Hogwarts so he had to be back here .
“ The Dark Lord found use of House Elves.”
“Doing what exactly?!” She asked.
He looked at her . He was wondering whether to tell or her not . He decided not to . “ Trust me you don’t want to know.”
She took one last look at him then turned away . “You watched Dobby get killed . If a boy who has no respect for them thinks it is bad then I’ll trust you . It must be bad.” She said as she walked towards the kitchen . The kitchen table had a cauldron and all sorts of ingredients . If she was Hermione she would tell you exactly what these ingredients were for .
“I make my own luck now .” He said as he entered .
“Liquid luck?” She asked . He was skilled enough to do that now . The circumstances made him skilled enough .
“Yes .” He sat down on the table “It’s how I found you . Due to Felix.”
She was too busy staring into the mirror . She looked like a wreck . She hadn’t eaten in 7 months maybe that’s why she was skinnier now . Her hair cut no longer had shape and were long . Her face and clothes covered in blood and dust . Then she saw Malfoy . Compare to him she looked like a bigger mess . His platinum blond hair perfectly made . His face pale and flawless . The suit he wore was ironed and clean . He looked up at her .
“Hungry?” He asked .
“ I was thinking we could order in or take out . I bet you don’t know what that means , but I can’t cook.”
He got up and opened the cabinet . He had put a cooling charm on it . Clever , but he could have just put his pride aside and bought a fridge . He put a plate in front of her . It was full of what you could call food .
“You can cook?” She asked him full of shock .
“ Under the circumstances I had to learn . “ He sat back down and continued making his potion . He didn’t bother looking up or at her again after that .
He didn’t see the faces she made at the plate or her reaction to his cooked food . She quietly ate it . It tasted more like rubber and sand , but she couldn’t tell him that . As she got up to wash the plate he spoke .
“I sleep in Regulus’s room . You can sleep wherever . I have a feeling you know this place better than me anyways .” She was sure of the fact she knew this place more than Malfoy to. At least she unlike him had bothered to clean this house once upon time .
She decided she would sleep on the third floor . The room that Ginny , Hermione , Rosalind and her had to share many times . It was quiet fun . Even in the horrible situation of war they had fun . She entered the room . It felt empty . She had never been in this house as just her . Well there was Malfoy , but he wasn’t much company . She tried to sleep . The past seven months of sleep left her just feeling more tired than ever . She shook the bed sheets to remove any extra dust . As she lay down she couldn't help , but think what a horrible journey this would be . The Order were smart and they didn't want to be found . So how could she alone find them if the Dark Lord himself could not . The only advantage she had that the others lacked was she knew them well enough to know how they would react under this situation .*

Ron walked downstairs to the kitchen . The house was big . It had four floors and a basement . It belonged to a Muggle family that moved out due to fear of spirits . The spirits being Rosalind under the invisibility cloak . It was perfectly located in a middle of a forest . Fluer was silently making food .
“Eere” She handed him a plate full of half cooked meat “Diz one iz for Bill.” He just nodded at her . He hardly spoke now. Whenever he did they were either one word answers or him screaming at someone . They moved to France . All of them . The house was under the Fedilius charm . Bill was their secret keeper . Although just for extra caution they also put up various protection charms around it . All the Weasleys and remaining members of the Order took shelter in this house . Not many remained though . Mostly eighteen year olds .
Padraic sat in the living room . It had low ceilings and wooden floors . A small television set was placed in front of the sofas to keep updated in the Muggle News . More and more freak accidents and natural disasters were taking place . Padraic was too busy searching over the maps . Rosalind entered the room . He removed a map to make space for her .
“I want to go back.” He whispered to her in a low enough tone to make sure Ron didn’t hear it.
Rosalind slapped his head . “Are you crazy? We’ll plan first .”
“We have been planning since seven months! She was supposed to wake up a week ago.”
Luna appeared out of no where “I am sure she is fine . “ She said in her dreamy voice as usual .
“And what makes you say that ?” Padraic had come to a point where he could no longer stand her tone of voice . It was as if she was mimicking his insanity .
“Shut up Padraic.” Rosalind snapped.
Ginny was watching television . Even she was changed now . She hadn’t become quiet like the rest , except much more louder . She said that is what happens when your brother dies and Malfoy kills your boyfriend . Dean Thomas was killed four months ago while trying to get out of England .
“I agree Padraic.” She sternly said.
“What?” Asked Ron.
Rosalind put her head down. She was no mood for another one of their giant fights. It took place almost every day . They were brutal and harsh .
“We should go back to England .” Said Ginny.
“ The last time any of us went near the boarder Dean died . We can’t afford anymore deaths!”
“Ron don’t you want to go back? Save Hermione?” Asked Padraic.
“Save Hermione . What do you propose? We enter the ministry. All of us and just grab her . I’ll be surprised if we get to her alive!”
Rosalind slammed her hand on the table . “It was just a thought! None of us are going anywhere!”
“That’s stupid .” Ginny said . “ He is in Azkaban! You’re his girlfriend . Don’t you want to get him out? And Ron she is stuck in the Ministry! God knows what they are doing to her.”
Ron turned to look at Ginny . His face head in anger . “ They are alive . They might be locked , but they are alive . We’ll try getting to them if and when we have a plan . If we make sudden movements they might die . “
Rosalind did not bother replying . Ron had taken the words exactly out of her mouth .
“Then I am going alone” Padraic packed up his maps.
“No!” Screamed Rosalind.” She’ll be fine you stupid boy .”
“Are you mental? She’ll wake up in Hogwarts not knowing if we won or not. She’ll walk out and the first Death Eater who sees her will kill her.” The daily prophet lay on the table . It had a giant picture of Draco Malfoy . It was an article about what an honourable part of society he was. He may have not been one of the worst Death Eaters , but they knew him since they were young . He tricked them all in 6th and 7th year . At one point they actually felt sorry for him .
Padraic picked up the paper and pointed at Malfoy’s moving picture . “And let us all hope and pray she doesn‘t run into him. Or else we all know what will happen!” *

He lay on the cold , hard and remotely wet ground . The pain in his forehead caused him to be dizzy . He had difficulty seeing now since his glasses were taken away . The scar never burned this much . Now it hurt continuously . He no longer knew if these flashes he had were either from legilimency or just his mind torturing him .
He turned over to lie on his back . The Boy Who Lived is what they called him after what happened on October 31st . The worst Unforgivable Curse was performed on him and he walked away with nothing , but a scar . He truly was The Boy Who Lived . He managed to walk away with his life once again while almost half of the people .
Harry closed his eyes . He remembered when he looked inside the Great Hall right before his departure to the forest . How the Weasleys were surrounding Fred . Fred Weasley . He never stopped smiling . Not even after the explosion . And right besides him lay Lupin and Tonks . They just had a boy . A baby boy who would now suffer the same ill fate has Harry . He would to grow up without parents .
He could still see them . He could still hear their voices . How all of them screamed in agony when Lord Voldemort threw their Chosen One to the ground . How Harry was forced to go down on his knees and beg . He grovelled before Voldemort . Begging him to spare the remaining survivors . When he failed and was silenced . A few believers did step forward. Many yelled Expelliarmus . As if his spell could save them now . *

Rosalind Monroe entered one of the rooms in their hidden house . This room was shared by her , Luna and Ginny . They didn’t have much choice or so many rooms . It had two beds . Luna had to sleep on a mattress . She didn’t mind though . She preferred the mattress . Ginny was already in the room .
Ginny looked up to see her then continued reading a book . “ I was wondering when the planning would begin.”
As much as Rosalind hated to admit without Harry and Hermione her and Ron were now the leaders . Bill was busy being head of the family . Hardly any older member of the Order remained any longer . And the remainders thought being in the hiding was a far better choice for now at least .
“Ginny apparently everyone thinks the way we are right now is far better than just running towards a bunch of Death Eaters with our wands out “ Rosalind retorted back .
“If you guys plan for a change . “
Rosalind snatched the book from her hand . “Maybe you should for a change .” She tried to stand Ginny as much as possible . After all she did loose far more in this war than Rosalind , but her patience was dying . Yes Ginny suffered great loss , but they all did .