Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast You've Made Me . ❯ Crawling . ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
They silently walked towards the house . Malfoy kept observing the peacocks as she just observed him hoping he would show some sign of emotion . Just a little .
“So you grew up here , huh ?” She asked .
A smile formed on his face . “ Are you trying to make me open up to you ?”
She shrugged . “Well no not really . I already have you figured out Malfoy . You aren’t the most complex bloke in the world .”
He nodded his head . “Well neither are you . You are pretty damn predictable.”
“ You don’t know me well enough to predict my moves !” She said defensively .
He turned to look at her . “Oh really ? How long have you known me for ?”
“Since I was a baby ? “ . She did not really know him . It is not like they were friends , but all pure blood families knew each other . Most pure blood families already had arrange marriages planned while their children were only five .
“How long have we hated each other since ?”
“Eleven .” When she thought back to it he had not even done anything to her in first year . She just hated him , because Harry disliked him . She was a hater . Just needed an excuse to hate someone and she would gladly hate . And well Harry gave a reason .
He stopped and looked at her . He had the most innocent smile on his face “I think that is a pretty long time.” he softly said .
She rolled her eyes . “Keep walking Malfoy .”
Arienette tried to suppress a smile as they walked towards the house . For a second she had even forgotten why they were here in the first place .
Malfoy stopped in front of the door and knocked . The giant wooden door opened .
Greyback stood there examining Arienette .
“She isn’t food .” Draco said harshly “Now move I can‘t walk through you .”
He did not question Malfoy and moved out of the way . Malfoy was not lying . He now was one of the feared Death Eaters .
Arienette closely walked next to him . Now the fear was finally creeping up to her . She tried to distract herself . She decided to look around . The first thing she noticed was all the pictures and paintings of the Malfoy’s were still up .
“Um Malfoy .” She whispered . He already knew what she was going to say .
“They have the sticking charm on them . I wasn’t going to let him make this his home .” His voice was lower than a whispered .
Malfoy stopped and opened a door .
It looked like a study . It had various shelves filled with books and a long table . People were sitting around the table with their heads and faces covered with hoods and masks .
A man got up from the end of the table . As he walked towards Arienette her heart nearly stopped .
Dumbledore had said various times that Dark Magic left a trace . From You-Know-Who’s appearance you could tell just what he had done to his soul . To himself .
Malfoy bend down on his knees to bow . Arienette quickly copied him .
Once she stood up he spoke .
Arienette continued looking down at her shoes . She could not stand to look at him not even for a second . Is that way they wore masks ? Did The Dark Lord not want his precious followers to be better looking than him . Everyone single of them was . Even Bellatrix . She looked at Malfoy from the corner of her eye . Was he wearing the mask yet ? His gray eyes met Arienettes . She once again quickly looked down . Great did he have to be looking at her .
“Why did you not join the death eaters before ?”
“Well here it goes Arienette . Time to finally prove how well you can lie “ she thought to herself as she spoke . “I was home schooled . I did not think my magical abilities would meet to your needs , but Draco now has taught me various spells and hexes . I am as good as any Slytherin student .” She never looked up . Not once .
He took hold of her left arm . His grip strong . His hand was hard and rough . The very thought that You-Know-Who was holding her arm disgusted her .
He pressed his wand against her skin . This isn’t that bad she thought . She had spoken too soon . The wand went deeper and deeper into her skin . She shut her eyes tight thinking that would stop the pain . She was convinced he would try to break her skin with that blunt wand , but he stopped . Was this it ?
A sharp pain went through her arm . She almost forced it out of his reach , but his grip just tightened . The pain cut through her arm then completely stopped . She took a deep breath . He hadn’t let go . This clearly was not the end . She was right . The slicing pain started once again . Tracing a pattern on her skin . The pattern of the Dark Mark .
Draco’s eyes were stuck on her arm . He wanted to look away , but for some reason his body just wouldn’t register the command . The spell cut from inside her skin . Slicing through her flesh a skull . Then a snake . Her arm red and bloody . When he was getting his he was like her . His eyes shut tight hoping praying the pain would just end . That somehow his arm for that time being would go numb . And then there it was . The Dark Mark on her arm traced in blood , but he knew that wasn’t the end . The wound won’t just go black and dark in time . The wounds broadened as thick black water flowed from it . It covered the blood and attached itself on to the skin .
The Dark Lord finally removed his wand . Arienettes eyes were shut tight trying to hold back the tears , but Draco could still see a few tear drops that had managed to escape . And once again he hoped and prayed the pain would just end . That her arm would go numb for the time being . *

All of them sat in the living room eating lunch together . Ginny was continuously talking to Luna not shutting up for a second .
“Arienette is not in Scotland any more .” Whispered George to Ron .
Ron looked at him in disbelief “Is that where you go at night ? To look for her ?” . That made sense he thought . It was crazy and not safe whatsoever , but it made sense .
George shook his head . “No . I go to look for a time turner .” He quietly said as if it was obvious and left to go to his room .
Rosalind could not help , but over hear what George had just said to Ron . She turned to face him .
Ron looked up at her . “A time turner ? Of course . Wouldn’t we all want that . To just turn back time and do this all over again . “
She shrugged “He could be just playing with you . He used to do that once upon a time ago , you know . He used to do that a lot . “
Ron shook his head . “No . You said it yourself . Joking is now forbidden . It is a crime . “
She tried to smile “I was joking as well “ . *

Arienette was not sure how long she stood there in one spot with her eyes closed tight . She was not ready to open them just yet . She was not ready to see the mark just yet . It burned and ached .
“Open your eyes . It is just me and you here now . “ He softly spoke .
“That doesn’t make it better Malfoy .” Her voice was shaky .
“But it makes it a little better . “ He asked .
She nodded and opened her eyes . They were red and the tears were dried up now .
“Come on . We’re all eating lunch outside .”
She quickly followed him .
“Death Eaters eat lunch together ?” She asked in amazement .
“Sometimes ya .” He shrugged .
They walked through the giant house until they finally reached the door to the back garden . Malfoy opened it to reveal long tables lain in the garden . They were chairs on the side , but they were not occupied . No one was wearing their masks or hoods any longer . More food kept appearing on the table .
She stared at the scene in disbelief . So is this what the Death Eaters did when they weren’t torturing or killing people ?
“I’ll be back from talking to Aunt Bellatrix . Blaise and Pansy are here somewhere .” He said and disappeared .
“Pansy ? “ she thought to herself . Why would she want to meet Pansy ?
“Helena Black , right ?” Someone said from behind .
She turned around to find a boy who look around her age standing . He had dark ocean blue eyes and light brown messy hair . He was wearing a black winter coat and a dark blue t-shirt .
She nodded her head stupidly .
“I am Orion , Orion Burke . I am sure you know my father . “
“Burke ?” she thought . That sounded familiar .
“Um it sounds familiar .” She said .
“He owns Borgin and Burkes . “ he shrugged “It used to be a partnership , but then he took over it completely .”
A smile formed on her face . Of course . Why was she not surprised that the son of person who owned the most shadiest shop in the whole of the wizarding world was a Death Eater ? *