Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast You've Made Me . ❯ The Snitch . ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The house was completely silent . If someone walked in right now it would seem as if nobody even lived here . Arienette laid awake in her bed . It was around 10 am . She hadn’t heard a pop all night long or heard the door opening or the floor boards creaking as he made his way upstairs . She had made sure to wake up every half an hour to check . She knew it was stupid to be worried about him . He was eighteen . He had been living alone for a while now . And the fact that he was a Death Eater would only add to his protection . Nobody would want to mess with a Death Eater these days . Muggle’s who weren’t even aware of magic were still aware that if a person had a Dark Mark or what they called “A Gang Tattoo” you would not want to get in their way . He could clearly take care of himself .
She got up and made her way downstairs . The cabinet was full of food that he had made and preserved .
“Did it really matter if they were fighting ?” She thought to herself . They were not exactly friends or anything . Sure they lived in the same house and tend to eat food together , but that was it . They still disliked each other greatly . As she ate she reassured herself she despised him awfully a lot , but she still could not stop thinking about where he was. This was his house . Where else could he even stay? He did not know anyone . She reminded herself she did not know Malfoy well enough to know if he knew people close enough to crash at their place . She heard the door open , but she knew it wasn’t the front door . She slowly took out her wand from her socks and walked towards the stair case .
Malfoy was walking down from the third floor drying his wet hair with a towel . He walked right pass her as if she was a ghost ignoring the fact she had her wand out while her face was dead white . She furiously walked into the kitchen and sat right back down .
He was sitting in front of her eating as well . Clearly he had made a lot of effort last night to not wake her up when he sneaked in . She tried to keep her gaze down . Continuously looking at her food . Malfoy would look up from time to time to see if she was looking at him . They both sat their eating quietly .
She got up to clean her plate so she could just go to her room . If she had to sit silently somewhere she rather sit in her room alone than sit here in front of him .
“ The initiation is tomorrow .” He said casually as she had her back to him .
She turned to look at him . “We haven’t practiced Occlumency enough . If you read my mind then that means he could easily do it as well .”
“ It’s a chance we have to take .”
She stared at him in disbelief “Your risking both of our lives just , because your scared of teaching me Occlumency? Next time don‘t let your guard down .“
He didn’t reply . He sat there ignoring her as he read the Daily Prophet and had his breakfast .
“MALFOY!” She yelled .
He turned the page of the newspaper and continued pretending he was the only one in the room .
She kicked the table until realizing it would just cause insane foot pain . As she jumped on one foot mumbling all the swear words she could think of Malfoy finally looked up .
“The Dark Lords wand has been acting strange . It has been acting strange well since an year . He won’t admit to it though . Chances are he won‘t try Legilimency. “ He got up and looked down at her foot . A smile played on his lips . “Good work Cronus . Really injured your toe badly . “
She ignored his last comment “You said chances are . Are we really in a state to just take chances ? Especially chances like this !” . There was no point she thought . He was too stubborn to ever change his mind and especially listen to her . *

Padraic knocked on Rosalind’s door . He knocked once more . He was becoming very impatient .
The door opened slightly .
“What?” She whispered in annoyance .
He thought about what exactly to say before he spoke . “George is missing . Again . I don’t know where that guy goes .”
She shook her head . “It doesn’t matter . Leave him alone . He comes back home perfectly fine , doesn’t he? That is all that matters ”.
It was usual now . Every week George would just disappear in the middle of the night . No one knew he went or when he would exactly come back . They just knew tomorrow morning for breakfast he would be there looking well rested . After what happened to Fred no one ever questioned him and he hardly spoke . The person he used to speak most to in this house was now Rosalind . For some reason he thought she would understand how he was feeling . She didn’t understand it . She couldn’t even begin to comprehend his feelings . She had not lost her sibling . Her sister just could not see her any longer . It was for her families safety . And she had defiantly not lost her best friend . Arienette was somewhere in England alive. And that is all that mattered . Her sibling and best friend were alive . Rosalind was just glad Mrs.Weasley had stopped crying every time she saw George .
Padraic looked at her not sure if he should speak .
“What is it Padraic?” She said softly not trying to sound to harsh .
“It is a long shot , but do you think he goes to London? “ He was hoping she would catch his drift and she did .
“Weasleys Wizard Wheezes . “ She whispered in realization . “Hmhp . Diagon Alley must be drowning in Death Eaters now . “
Padraic just shrugged . “ It’s George . You know how smart the twins were . Failed almost every class , but they were genius’s . They could if they wanted to make Hermione run for her books .”
Both of them did not say a single word after that . They just stood there in the darkness quietly .
“You two are still awake ? “ Ron whispered from the darkness .
“Pretty much ya .”
“Good . I want to discuss something with you two . Only you two .” His tone was dead serious .
“What ? “ Padraic asked .
“Snape gave Harry his memories .” He said hoping they would see what he saw .
Rosalind thought about what he was trying to say before she replied . “Snape wanted to show him something . He’s always hated Harry .”
“ So wait he kills Dumbledore then he becomes one of You-Know-Who’s most favourite Death Eaters then he becomes the Headmaster of Hogwarts then gets killed by You-Know-Who’s snake … then wants Harry to see his memories ? That guy had issues .”
Rosalind stomped on his foot . “ God Padraic . Clearly his memories contained something , because right after that Harry disappeared into the forest to go see You -Know-Who !”
“One more thing . The snitch .”
“What snitch? Whose the snitch? Did anyone snitch on us ? ” Padraic sounded alarmed .
“Everything Dumbledore gave us held importance . There is bound to be something behind the snitch .” Rosalind said .
“Exactly !” Ron agreed . Ever since the battle in Hogwarts Ron had matured ten times . He was a different person now . He actually thought and planned now . Examined things . All those lectures from Hermione finally started working now .
Rosalind nodded her head “Something happened in the forest . Something big . “ . *

It was nine am . Arienette patiently waited downstairs . She was already dressed . She was just going to wear that stupid enchanted dress Malfoy got her , but Malfoy informed her just a few minutes back that the initiation was a classy event . She did not know where he just conjured up a dress that fit her perfectly from , but she just did not bother questioning him . She just was not in the mood .
Malfoy entered the kitchen and sat down not once looking at her . He was still angry . She had gotten used to that now . Last night she thought hard about what exactly was said after the whole Legilimency disaster . Telling him his father was the reason he had to suffer this much in 6th and 7th year was not the best thing . No one would like to hear that . No one would be able to stand the very thought . Especially not Malfoy who looked up to his father .
She took a deep breath . She understood he was mad , but that did not make today okay . She still thought taking such a chance was sheer stupidity and stubbornness on his part .
Malfoy looked up at her . He was not used to her being so quiet .
“Scared ?” He asked trying to make casual conversation .
“No Malfoy . I am not scared . It is not like I am meeting You-Know-Who and pledging my alliance to him while secretly we are trying to bring him down . God forbid he finds out what we are actually doing he would kill both of us in the most brutal way imaginable . And honestly when I picture my death it is not by the hands of him and defiantly not next to you !”
He just smiled “Well good to know . ” He clearly had not paid attention to a single word she had just said . He got up and left the room .
Arienette quickly went to take her poly juice potion . She locked the door and waited for the transformation to finish . Once it had she walked back down .
Malfoy stood in the hall fully dressed in his suit with his hair made .
“Oh and remember .” He said as he tossed her the ring .
As she caught the ring she wondered when exactly did she give it back ? He had probably sneaked into a room and took it back . She was not planning to keep it or anything . She had plenty of her own jewellery . She did not need Malfoy’s bloody ring .
Without warning her he grabbed her hand and apparated .
Once they had landed she quickly checked all her finger nails . They were still there . She turned to face him “Do I still have eye brows?” She asked dead scared for the answer .
He rolled his eyes “You didn’t splinch . “
She sighed and looked around to see where she was . Once she had comprehended where exactly they were she turned back to face him once again .
“The initiation is at your house ? “ She said in disbelief .
“ It was also the Death Eater headquarter in 7th year and well now it isn’t even exactly my house .” His tone of voice completely emotionless . Hermione was right . Building up walls was in his nature .