Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast You've Made Me . ❯ Beneath My Skin . ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Wake up!” She heard Malfoy yell . She tried to ignore his voice , but there was no point . Her sleep was now ruined .
“What do you want?” She asked half asleep as she slowly opened her eyes .
He stood there in front of her . “ Get up Cronus . Today is your first day of Occlumency lessons .”
Her eyes were wide open now and mind fully functioning . “Are you feeling alright Malfoy?” She asked sweetly .
He stared at her suspiciously before replying “Yes . Why did you poison my drink ?”
She looked at him for a few seconds before replying “No I did not poison your drink . I can no longer do that remember?” She pointed at her arm . Normally in society people consider poisoning other peoples drinks betraying them .
“Oh right .” He looked relieved as he said those words .
“I am not going to be your little puppet Malfoy . You are not going to perform Legilimency on me . Understand?”
He rolled his eyes “Listen Cronus the last thing I want is to go through your stupid little fluffy memories . I need you to learn Occlumency before you go to the initiation . The Dark Lord adores invading minds . He doesn’t inform you he just does it . If he gets an entrance which he does most of time , brilliant . He never tells anyone if he finds your mind closed to him . “
Arienette figured that much out on her own . She was sure You-Know-Who would like to believe and would want people to believe he could invade minds of even those who performed Occlumency .
“Now if you know Occlumency Cronus wonderful . Do you?” He asked . He was already aware of her answer .
She prepared herself for what would come next before she replied . “No “
“I thought so “ A smirk formed on his face .
She looked up at him in confusion and curiosity “But who taught you Legilimency and Occlumency?”
He replied as he took out his wand “My mother taught me Occlumency in 7th year while the Dark Lord lived with us . Shielding our minds was very important . I learned Legilimency after the Battle Of Hogwarts .”
“Of course you -” She was speaking as he pointed her wand at her and yelled “Legilimens “
The pain hit her suddenly . She lost balance and fell back on to the couch .
“Stop it!” She managed to yell . He cut through layers of her memories . The deeper he went the more it pained . She curled up on the couch . A feeling as if some thing might explode inside her head took over .
All her memories went flashing past her eyes . It was like he was going through a photo album . Picking out pictures he wanted to see and pictures he wanted to skip over .
She saw her first day of Hogwarts . The sorting and how she felt when the hat announced “Slytherin!” . The excitement of hearing that . It quickly changed to third year . They were all at Hogsmeade for the first time .
All of them enjoying a couple of butter beers and swearing they won’t tell Harry about how much fun they had .
“Get -” she couldn’t manage to finish the sentence . The memory changed to the Yule ball . The memory of her sharing a short dance with Fred . And how dizzy she felt from all the spinning . It changed fast to an image of Dumbledore’s Army . Harry making them duel each other . How Rosalind couldn’t stop boasting about how she had managed to disarm their teacher Harry Potter .
She tried to close her eyes tighter . The pain was too much . Her mind ached . Ron wearing Salazar’s necklace showed up . The constant fights in the tent . Him leaving and how Hermione called out for him . Another jolt of pain went through her head and she knew what memory he would play next . He had managed successfully to break into the memory she kept hidden the most . Fred’s dead body lay cold on the ground . He was still smiling yet his eyes were empty of emotion . Just a few seconds ago he had made a joke . His last joke . She fell to her knees and she felt the pain slowly leaving her mind .
“Well that was thoroughly easy . Your mind isn‘t as complex as I thought it would be .” Malfoy commented.
She managed to stand up . Her eyes were watering and red . “You caught me off guard “
“Like I said The Dark Lord won’t openly announce . He will just do it .” He pointed his wand once more towards her .
“No not again! “ She yelled .
A smirk played on his lips “Ohya then stop me?”
She was ready to yell Expelliarmus the moment he would say his spell .
“Legili-
“Legilimens!” She yelled quicker and louder than him .
She had made a mistake . She was thinking too much of that spell and how he would say it any second . She wasn’t sure what the outcome of her saying it was going to be . She expected her wand just to fall out of her hand from the useless force of the spell and him to comment about how stupid she was , but that didn’t happen .
He fell to his knees and she was in . It was a blurry version of reality . She knew this place . It was the Malfoy Manor . The twelve year old Malfoy was examining his new broom stick and beaming with joy . Why was she hear ? . Her head ached , but not as much as it did when she was on the receiving end . The setting changed . She knew this memory . They were out in Hogwarts grounds . Any second Buckbeak would attack Malfoy . Before it did the memory changed once again . Was he changing the memory or her ? She gripped tighter on her wand . She didn’t know this place . It was not Hogwarts .
“Draco listen please you don’t have to do this .“ Softly said Narcissa with her face hidden by her hands . It was a bedroom . From the looks of it Narcissa and Lucius’s bedroom . Malfoy was looking out from the window at the peacocks that roamed in his garden .
“Have you read the newspaper? Our family is all over it! The Dark Lord is mad mother and I am not a child any longer .“ He turned to look at her . She didn’t look up .
“ Your only sixteen . That is no age to join them . To become a murderer .” Her voiced got drowned by the sound of her tears . Draco stood there for a second speechless just looking at a picture of his family that hung on the wall . As he stared at it he had no mask on . You could see the pain in his eyes .
“Mother , this is for my father . The Dark Lord is mad . If I do this father will become his favourite again . He’ll leave us alone . He’ll get him out of prison . He’ll leave our family alone .” His voice was full of conviction , but as he said this not once did he remove his eyes from the picture .
Everything including the memory became blurry . Then once again the setting changed . This time it was the boys bathroom . She looked around to find Malfoy standing with his back against the door . Moaning Myrtle kept talking about how she could help . Harry entered the scene . This was 6th year . Before she could fully register it spells were being said . She ducked out of instinct . The final spell was yelled by Harry and she heard a thud . When she opened her eyes she saw Malfoy lying on the wet floor crying . The blood had turned his shirt red . Stains of red were even on his blond hair . He was grasping trying to say something . She closed her eyes trying to get out of his mind , but when she opened her eyes the scene had just changed . It wasn’t 6th year any longer . It now seemed like 7th . You-Know-Who sat there as a man grovelled before him . Draco’s face was colourless as You-Know-Who ordered him to torture the man . He stood still at his spot whimpering . Bellatrix pushed him towards the man . He unwillingly pointed his wand at the man as You-Know-Who told him he would torture the man who made the mistake to try to deceive the Dark Lord . The scene changed once more . It was once again the Malfoy Manor . She saw Lucius Malfoy and Narcissa Malfoy getting dragged away . Their hands and legs locked in cages . Their only son stood outside of the Manor not saying a thing as the Death Eaters dispparated with them . His eyes were red and his cheeks were wet from tears . He turned around to go inside , but the gates wouldn’t let him in . The gates which normally turned to smoke at the sight of him now stood solid . He gripped tighter on to the bars of the gate for support as the tears once again poured out of his eyes .
A sudden forced lashed out on her and she was quickly shut out from seeing any further . When she opened her eyes she was back in the present .
Malfoy was bend down on the ground . He slowly got up .
She looked up at him . He stood tall once again . His eyes were red from closing them so tight .
“You caught me off guard .” He whispered .
Arienette did not even think of taunting him at that moment . She continued to stare at him not sure what to say or whether to even say anything . She chose to remain silent .
A smiled formed on his face . A smile was the last thing she expected to see at the moment .
“ Don’t do that .” He said softly.
“Do what?” She asked confused .
“Feel sorry for me . We all made our choices . You chose running off with Harry Potter in seventh year and I chose running off with the Death Eaters in sixth year . So no . I chose this . “
“No , your father chose it . You paid for his mistakes . For his choices . ” She whispered .
He stared at her . He didn’t expect that reply and thought before replying “ It doesn’t matter . None of our choices mattered in the end anyways . You chose the good side and I chose the bad side yet both of us are right now here together . “ he paused for a second . When he looked up his eyes were full of anger . “WHERE IS YOUR GOOD SIDE ANYWAYS?!” Arienette just looked at him . In all her eight years of knowing him not once had she seen him this angry . “WHERE IS THE CHOSEN ONE? THE BOY WHO LIVED! WHERE’S YOUR BLOODY HERO NOW? “
She tried to control her self , but she just couldn’t . “THE PERSON YOU SUPORTED LOCKED HIM UP MALFOY! YOUR MAN . THE PERSON YOU KILL FOR . THE PERSON YOU WORK FOR . THE PERSON YOU CALL THE DARK LORD ! YOUR BLOODY LORD . “ she yelled as loud as him . He looked at her . She knew he was thinking of something to say and she took his silence as another opportunity. “Oh no my mistake . He was your fathers Lord !”
He stared at her . He was gripping tightly to his wand . “What is your problem Cronus ? Just do not feel bad for me . That is all I ask? Is that so bloody hard for you to follow ? “
“Why do you care even if I feel bad for you ? Atleast I will not still think you’re a god damn monster!”
He pointed his wand at her out of anger then quickly put it away in his pocket . “Because I do not need your fucking sympathy . It will not get me anywhere . It sure as hell will not get my parents out of Azkaban . So just stop it!” He did not wait for her reply . He did not even look at her . He apparated out of the house as fast as possible .