Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast You've Made Me . ❯ Go To Sleep Permanently . ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Arienette slammed shut the door behind her as she entered her room . She waited for a while as the poly juice potion wore off . The second she transformed back to herself she ran down stairs .
“PARVATI PATIL!” She yelled loudly at him as she entered the living room .
He was sitting there as usual working on more Liquid Luck . He casually looked up not saying a word .
Anger burned hot on her face .
“You knew her . You went to school with her . She was in your class!” He gave no reaction . “Lavender Brown! SHE HAS BEEN OUR POTIONS CLASS SINCE DAY ONE MALFOY! SINCE WE WERE ELEVEN ! ” He sat there motionless . No hint of remorse or emotion on his pale face . His grey eyes fixed on her .
Grief came over her once again . She quietly sat down in front of him . The list kept replying in her head . She may not have known everyone on that list , but some people were just too familiar . Dean , Lavender , Susan , Slughorn , Filch and Parvati . Dean , Ginny’s boyfriend . Lavender , Ron’s ex-girlfriend . Parvati , she always helped Arienette tie her hair properly . She looked up at him once again . “You knew them . You went to school with them . Your bound to have some regret . A little remorse .” Her voice was lower than a whisper . Her face was buried in her hands .
“Are we done here ?” Every word he spoke was clear and cold.
She looked up in disbelief “YOU KILLED THEM MALFOY!” her voice echoed through out the house .
He got up and headed for the door . Before he left he spoke “ It was a war . It is a war . That wasn’t murder . After Potters downfall even your side started killing . It is called protection . If you don’t kill them then they kill you .”
As tears rolled down her cheek she figured one thing out . Draco Malfoy wasn’t on the Dark Lords side . He wasn’t on the Order Of The Phoenix’s Side . He wasn’t on her side . He was just on his life’s side through and through . *

Rosalind opened the fridge . The milk was almost finished . She stood there in front of the fridge for a few minutes hoping it would just appear out of thin air . Until she realized you couldn’t conjure up milk . Hermione had pointed that out various of times on many different occasions .
“We are running low of supplies “ She said as she entered the living room .
“RON!” Ginny yelled without looking away from the Daily Prophet .
He ran into the room with his wand out . His hair were a mess while his eyes were red . “What?” He spoke .
Ginny rolled her eyes “I didn’t say we were getting attacked here by Death Eaters . I just called your name . It’s your turn to get the food .”
Ron nodded and looked over her shoulder . “Bloody hell what rubbish are you reading?” He said as he snatched the paper from her hand . His face burned red as he read the article then proceeded to through the paper into the trash as he left the room .
“I was reading that Ronald “ Ginny took out the paper and tried to straighten it . Rosalind leaned in to see what the paper said that made Ron so mad .
Padraic who had just walked into the room had a copy of the daily prophet in his hand as well .
“Helena Black?” He said in disbelief as he sat down . “He can’t get married to Helena Black . Whoever saw them at the Ministry must be mental . “
Ginny laughed “Well Rita Skeeter did write this . Of course we all know she is messed in the head .”
Rosalind stared at them all confused “Uh who is this Helena and who the hell is marrying her?” She asked really annoyed .
Once Ginny sobered up she answered . “Helena is our cousin . Even Padraic’s cousin “ she paused before continuing “And apparently Draco Malfoy is marrying her .”
“Which is impossible “ Padraic added .
Rosalind tried to hold back her laughter “It is pretty possible . The Death Eaters are ruling now . Although I always expected him and Pansy ”
Ginny nodded in agreement “Same here . I mean after he became a traitor and a killer I thought they must have gotten back together . Pansy‘s kind of man you know . ”
“Why are we discussing Malfoy’s love life ? Just why?” Padraic asked .
“Her and her family were always against the Death Eaters . This whole pureblood and blood traitor problem caused them to move away from England in the first place . She would not want to marry a two face bastard like Malfoy . “ Said Ron standing in the door way . “Anyways anyone want to come along ?” He asked .
Rosalind got up . The last time she had seen sunlight was over two weeks ago . *

It was four a.m . Draco’s eyes were wide open . He had tried counting sheep . Tried telling himself a story . He just couldn’t sleep . He walked down stairs quietly . The last thing he wanted at this moment was to wake up Cronus . She would just scream some more . Trying to put him through a guilt trip . This wasn’t a therapy session . Right now all he desired was just some silence .
The first thing he noticed when he entered the living room was that Cronus was sleeping on the couch . He rolled his eyes and sat on the nearest chair . Out of all the nights she chose to sleep on the couch she chose today . This house had various rooms and various perfectly good beds . Sleeping on the couch should only be her last resort unless she knew he wouldn’t be able to sleep and slept down here just to annoy him . That thought amused him . He could actually expect her to do something like this to get under his skin .
He covered his face with his hands . This wasn’t going to be easy . The amusement had disappeared and reality of this situation sunk in . He had to plan his every move from now on . One wrong step and The Dark Lord would figure out his true intentions . He thought back to the Daily Prophets front page . Helena Black wasn’t supposed to be front page news . She had the spotlight on her now . Someone who knew the true Helena Black would know she would never become a Death Eater let alone marry one . Maybe it was the fear of all this that was causing him to stay awake . The Dark Lord wasn’t the easiest person to betray and he was most defiantly not the most forgiving .
He heard Cronus turn in her sleep . For a second he had even forgotten she was in the room . He got up to leave . He rather be lying on his bed wide awake than sitting in a dark room where Cronus slept .
Just as he was about to leave he heard her mumble something . Pansy always did tell him that Cronus tend to speak while sleeping . Every night Pansy wished she would say something so embarrassing that Cronus would forever lock herself in the washroom crying .
“Geor ” she said . He looked at her in confusion wondering what she could mean.
“Weasley ?” He asked himself a little too loudly . He walked over to her hoping she would elaborate . Was she in a romantic relationship with that Weasley kid ? He never thought of them together . He always suspected her and Padraic . He quickly shook off the curiosity .
“What do you care ? She could be having his god forsaken children and I wouldn’t care .” he thought to himself as he quickly made his exit .*

Ron and Rosalind quickly put the invisibility cloak over themselves.
“This is getting sort of small for us .” Ron commented as they walked through the forest .
“Well what do you expect? We’re eighteen now . We were eleven back then .” They made sure not to step on any twigs . Both of them already had their wands out just in case .
Ron looked around before proceeding to talk “Is Padraic alright now or does he still want to just pack up and go back to England to look for Arienette?” .
Rosalind took a deep breath “No thank god . I explained to him as much as I could and finally he understood . “ She spent a whole day explaining to Padraic how idiotic he was acting . When he refused to understand she got Charlie to explain it to him in the best way he could . After a few scary looks and a lot of threatening he finally got it .
Ron nodded his head “Even Ginny understands now . George talked to her . He spoke to her normally for the first time in seven months . “ He paused “Well what you can call normal now . Apparently he said we instead of I thrice at least . “
Rosalind didn’t reply . The rest of the walk was quiet . They didn’t speak until they reached town . The house was in a forest in a small French town .
Rosalind pressed her wand against the security camera as they entered the small shop . They could no longer walk into Gringotts and make a transaction . Getting Muggle money was far more harder . Hermione once told them too much magic around Muggle technology causes them to stop working for a amount of time and they did just that to the security cameras . Once they no longer worked they would put the essentials they needed under the cloak and walk out . It was a small shop so it didn’t have much security or any censors .
“Got everything?” Ron asked .
Rosalind quickly grabbed the eggs “Yes . Everything .”
Ron looked over the list again making sure he hadn’t missed anything .
“Jicksbees?!” He asked in confusion . “What exactly are Jicksbees?!”
Rosalind looked at the list and smiled “Oh Luna wrote that .”
Ron groaned . “Leave it to her to write something so ridiculous . Honestly a wars going on and she is still worrying about Nargles and Wrackspurts .”
Rosalind thought for a while until she replied “Well atleast she isn’t in a constant agitated state like the rest of us . One person laughs and the whole house goes mental . Laughing is a crime now . Making a joke now is forbidden .”
Ron looked at her “It will all get better . We just need a plan .” He thought over what he had just said “Scratch that . We need a bullet-proof plan .”
Rosalind smiled “Do you even know what bullets are Ron?”
“Of course .” He bit his lip “Okay no , but I heard my dad say that and Hermione explained to me what it means .” *