Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ unbreakableBOND ❯ A New Defence ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/N: I don’t own Harry Potter.
OI!!!: I‘m late I know, I‘m sorry! Uh…racy bed scene? Oh, I figured out what was wrong with me ‘I’s I had too many of them…Heh.

unbreakableBOND
Chapter Eight: A New Defence

Draco Malfoy was currently lying in bed next to his unfortunate bond mate, Harry Potter. At the moment they were talking about how odd their day had been. Odd because the portrait on their door was now their DADA teacher.

“It’s just that I kind of thought he was you know…dead,” Harry was saying.

“Well, he is technically,” Draco replied. “But you know that all portraits aren’t dead, just most of them.”

Harry nodded and moved slightly so his head was on Draco’s shoulder. Draco did nothing, knowing that the contact helped them both sleep. It was rather odd, holding someone you half-way liked while fell asleep. Draco really didn’t mind it any more. It were the mornings that got him, but that was a completely different story.

“Yea, I know. It was just really random. I mean, do you think he can teach? I wasn’t aware that vampires were allowed to have wands…actually, I wasn’t aware that vampires actually existed till we met Sir Yamiko.”

“You didn’t know vampires existed? That’s completely pathetic, Potter, and you call yourself a wizard.” Draco gave a snort and turned himself to face Harry’s body ever so slightly.

“Well excuse me! Jeez, it’s not like we have bloody vampires running wily nilly around the Muggle world all the time!”

“Willy nilly?”

“Yes, wily nilly!” Harry huffed, then turned his back on Draco. The blonde smirked at the antics of his bed partner, before he opened his mouth to reply.

“Vampires are able to have wands that are much weaker than most, because vampire magic is stronger. They also have to see a specialist every year for check ups to make sure that they’re not running ‘wily nilly’ about places. Of course, there are vampires who refuse that.”

Harry said nothing for a long moment, then asked, “So they’re stronger than us?”

“Yes,” Draco heard something in Harry’s voice and wondered where the Gryffindor was taking this conversation.

“So, technically, if they wanted to they could probably rule us?”

“…Yes,” Draco answered slowly.

“Why don’t they?”

“They think we are beneath them, they have their own society with it’s own rules and they rarely get involved with our affairs. There are more of us than them, as far as we know, and the general opinion of vampires is rather low.” Draco was now giving a funny look at Harry’s bare back, trying to invade his mind for the next question without him knowing it.

“What about Voldemort? Does he think they’re beneath him? Will he kill off the vampires with the Muggles?”

Draco sighed, he should have seen this coming. “I don’t know.”

“Yes you do, of course you do.” Harry turned to face him.

“No, I don’t!” Draco spat, “Why the hell should I know anyhow?!”

“Because you’re the son of a Death Eater!” The words were out of Harry’s mouth before he could stop them, his eyes widened once he realised what he had said, “Mal-”

Draco cut him off, voice barely above a whisper, “Yes, I am.” With that the blonde rolled over, turning his back on Harry and went to sleep.

When he awoke in the morning, his head was on Harry’s chest, the Gryffindors arms wrapped around him in a desperate embrace.

The Great Hall was buzzing that morning, for today was the first morning Sir Yamiko would be teaching any students. The seventh year Slytherins and Gryffindors had him first thing, and most of the Slytherin weren’t too keen on the idea of associating with a vampire. Draco didn’t particularly care, either way, as long as there was a teacher, hell a Centaur could teach him and he wouldn’t care.

From Draco’s position at the table he could clearly hear Blaise ranting about how letting someone such as ‘that creature’ in to teach was a monstrosity. A few others agreed, no, more than a few, Draco noted, Blaises followers had doubled in number, now there was plenty of people from all grade levels listening to Blaises primal blather about untainted blood lines. Draco stood and the entire house, with exception of Blaise and the closest of his cronies turned their eyes on him. He nodded once, and received one as well, before striding from the hall. Good, at least they still remembered who it was that was the real leader here.

Draco leaned against the wall outside of the Great Hall, something was wrong, he was short of breath for some reason. His legs suddenly felt as if they were made of jelly and he could feel perspiration gathering into tiny beads on his forehead. What was wrong with him? Why did he suddenly feel as though he’d been hit with some kind of hex?

The doors burst open suddenly, nearly hitting Draco, but he managed to avoid them in time.

“Malfoy!” Harry turned wild eyed on the blonde. “Are you okay?” He panted out.

“Yea, just a bit short of breath, is all…” Draco grabbed Harry’s shoulder for support and pulled himself upright. “How about you?”

“I’m okay, a little dizzy. Do you know what’s going on?”

“No,” Draco said, walking with Harry towards the nearest loo.

They went in silence, both losing their breath a quarter of the way, occasionally one would stumble and the other would have to stoop to pick them up. By the time they were to the toilet they were covered in sweat from the trek.

“Dear Merlin, this is obscene!” Draco rasped, staring at his sallow face reflected in the mirror.

“Yea,” Harry replied splashing some water on his face, “Hey, Malfoy? You don’t look to well.”

Draco stared at Harry for moment, eyes wide with impending doom before rushing into the nearest stall. Once inside Draco leaned over the toilet and began to hurl. “Malfoy?!” Harry called, before shoving himself into the stall as well. Draco felt cold hands pull his hair back away from his face, one held the hair and the other travelled down the expanse of his back in a calming pattern.

Once Draco had finished emptying the contents of his stomach he felt himself being lifted from underneath his arms. “Cone on,” Harry gasped, he hadn’t realised how heavy Draco was. The blonde only groaned in response and attempted to move his feet in a conducive manner but ended up sort of flailing about.

Harry set Draco down next to the sinks, Draco watched as the brunet wetted a towel with cool water and kneel before him. They were silent, Draco closed his eyes as Harry gently wiped the cloth over his forehead and cheeks.

The Slytherin sighed and opened one eye to look at Harry. “Thank-you,” he breathed, then quickly shut his eye; not wanting to see laughing face that he was sure was gracing Harry’s features. Instead he missed the small smile and flash of guilt, and suddenly Draco felt much more human.

“Malfoy,” Harry began, “I’m sorry for what I said to you last night, that was wrong of me.”

Draco said nothing, wondering if he even deserved to apologised to, after all the horrible things he had said to the boy before him. He sure as hell wouldn’t have if the positions had been reversed. Finally, after seeing the expression on Harry’s face he spoke, “It’s all right, now let’s get to class before someone sees us here.”

“Oh no, we’re not going to class,” Harry informed him.

“We’re not? Golden Boy Potter wants to skip class?” Draco laughed a bit.

“You’re sick, we aren’t going and that’s that.”

“Merlin,” Said Draco, “We aren’t even bonded yet and you’re already the worried mother!”

(Later, while icing his swollen eye, Draco decided he really needed to learn when to keep his mouth shut.)

When Draco and Harry arrived at their portrait hole they found something amiss. No longer wa there a gorgeous Japanese vampire waiting to let them in, instead in his wake was a stooped old woman in a rocking chair.

“Amo cruor.” Harry said, Draco smirked as the old woman in huge glasses stayed in her chair “Amo cruor.” Harry repeated, this time the old woman snorted and jumped.

“Wot? Who’s there?! Show yourself or I’ll knock your bloody ‘ead off!” The woman jumped from her chair and started waving an umbrella around like mad, her thick glasses shielding most of her eyes.

“I said amo cruor!” Harry yelled and Draco began laughing full out when the woman swung her umbrella towards them.

“I’ll cure you! No one gets in here without the password!” She shrieked at him.

“That is the password you old bat, now let us in!”

Pyschy McPyschopants stopped swinging her umbrella to look at Harry, “Oh, well why didn’t you say it in the first place?”

“I did! AMO CRUOR!”

“Oh, well wots got your knickers in a bunch, eh? Blondie, over there not loving you enough?” Draco’s laughter died in his throat and he began choking.

“If I were loving him, he would be fully satisfied thank-you very much.” Draco said in a most polite tone, but his eyes conveyed an entirely different message. “Please open the door.”

“Oh, Blondie’s got a mean streak!” The portrait swung open and the two stepped through.

“Bloody hell, who put her there?!” Harry whinged moving towards the bedroom and pulled Draco along with him. Draco said nothing, still rather upset over being thought of anything less than a sex God. Draco watched as Harry kicked off his shoes, and took off his robe, before sliding on top of their bed and laying on his side.

“Malfoy?” Harry asked sitting up slightly, he had taken his glasses off so wa squinting in Draco’s general direction. “Lay down, will you?”

Draco chuckled once more at Harry’s motherly attitude towards him, before stripping himself of his robe and shoes. Soon the two were fast asleep, wrapped around one another.

“We’ve been sleeping too much,” Draco informed Harry when they woke. It was true, they were both starting to fall back in school because of it. Draco studied Harry for a moment and when the Gryffindor merely blinked he pressed on, “It’s getting a bit absurd, don’t you think? Not only that, but what if spells like with had earlier keep happening? We can’t go on like this.”

It was quiet for a long moment before Harry answered, “Then what do we do?”

Draco sigh and stood, “I’m not sure, I guess we’re going to have to be more careful from now on…and watch Sir Yamiko closely, if it’s the same Sir Yamiko, though I have no doubt that it is, then he is aware of our situation.”

“But, Dumbledore wouldn’t have let him teach if he thought that Sir-” Draco cut him off with a sharp look before snapping out,

“Didn’t I tell you that vampires think we are beneath them? Do you really think that Dumbledore has complete control over him? We must not tread ineptly.” Draco judged the look on Harry’s face as agreement and kept on. “It’s probably best if we keep to our rituals, I go down to Slytherin and you up to Gryffindor, so even if Sir Yamiko lets it slip or hints we look unaffected.”

Harry nodded, but Draco noticed a worried tint in those emerald eyes. There was more than likely something Harry wasn’t telling him, he guessed. He wouldn’t press I now, but if it was to interfere with them later he would have to find out.

“We’ve slept through all our morning classes,” Harry said, “I don’t think both of us should go down to lunch. Why don’t I stay here and you go?” Draco raised an eyebrow as if to say ‘What about you?’ I’ll just get something from the kitchens and go to the Hospital Wing and tell them I’m not feeling well. Then you can go to the rest of our classes and I’ll stay there, if the distance gets to be too much…I don’t think you’ll have to feign the sickness.”

Draco was surprised that Harry could come up with such a smart plan, it did make sense after all. The Golden Boy was forever visiting the Hospital Wing for one reason or another, although if there were in suspicions about it most would just think Draco and he had been in a fight and Harry was on the losing side. Plus, Draco was better at reading people and he needed to see what most people thought about their absence, or if it was unnoticed.

The blonde gave Harry a small grin before turning an then stopping, he strode back over to the bed, stooped down and kissed Harry square on the mouth.

Draco was in ecstasy the moment their lips met and judging by Harry’s incessant tugging on his shoulders, he was as well. Draco leaned closer and poked his tongue out to outline Harry’s soft lips, and was instantly granted access to the hot cavern that was Harry’s mouth. There was a sharp tug from Merlin knows where and suddenly Draco was lying in-between Harry’s legs, their hips rocking together in a fast motion.

Draco’s hands travelled up Harry’s shirt and found a pert nipple which he began to torture mercilessly. Harry moaned at the abuse and bucked upwards. They broke the kiss and Draco moved down Harry’s neck, biting here and there before finding a patch to suck on.

Harry clung to the blonde and ran a hand through the silky, white blonde hair, occasionally tugging at it. “M-Malfoy,” he groaned out, then felt a hand reaching for his belt. “Malfoy!”

Draco quickly pulled away and looked down at the panicked boy before realising what was about to happen. “Oh…” Draco made a hasty retreat, backing away toward the door.

Draco leaned against the portrait outside of his and Harry’s rooms. He could hear the old woman babbling about one thing or another but paid her no heed. Instead his mind tried to calm his raging hormones and frazzled nerves. Once he deemed himself ready he pushed off the portrait and strode down to the Great Hall.

Upon entering he noticed few people turn to him, rather after said few people looked at him and whispered that he had arrived the whole of Slytherin and Gryffindor followed him with their eyes. Draco sat at his table, seemingly unaffected and said hello to Pansy and nodded to a few others.

“Where have you been?” She asked.

Draco took his time about answering, preferring to sip at his Pumpkin juice, “My rooms, I wasn’t feeling well.” He lied smoothly, looking up at her just in time to catch the flash of suspicion.

“You missed an interesting Defence Against the Dark Arts class,” She said after a moment, “Sir Yamiko had an amazing demonstration. Too bad you and Potter weren’t there to see it.”

She was testing him, he knew, and she knew she wasn’t doing a very good job of it. He still answered, because this wasn’t about getting to the truth, it was about letting Draco know it hadn’t gone unnoticed.

“Oh? Potty wasn’t there either, eh?” Draco looked up and found most of Gryffindor giving him death looks, he surpassed their glares and they turned back to their food. It was then that he noticed Sir Yamiko wasn’t at the head table, “And where did Sir Yamiko go?”

“I don’t know, he wasn’t here at all. Maybe he decided to stay in?” Pansy answered looking over a bit when a loud noise came from Blaises end of the table. “He’s planning.”

“I know,” Draco said, looking away, “I know.”

When Draco arrived at him first afternoon class, Ethics of Spell Creation.() The professor was a rather young looking woman, named Garteme, she was actually about 57 but a spell she had created kept her looking young always. There were mostly Ravenclaws in the class, but a few Hufflepuffs. Harry and he were the only Slytherin and Gryffindor. Draco had a feeling that the only reason they were in this class was because Dumbledore felt that Harry needed to learn how to make his own spells up, to defeat the Dark Lord.

Now, Draco was wondering if he’d have to make his own spells up just the shield himself from the wrath that was s dark as sin and powerful as seven scale earthquake. ()

It was half way through Professor Garteme’s lecture on counter spells that the buzzing around Draco’s head returned. First it was as if he couldn’t hear correctly then, he felt like there were ants in his ears. He tried to ignore it as best he could but, then there was the burning.

His arm was feeling damn near on fire and his head was so clouded he couldn’t think straight. No, he thought, this isn’t happening. I do not need to rely on Harry Potter to go through out my day.

Those were Draco’s last thoughts before passing out of his chair, hitting his head on the cold, unforgiving floor.

“Malfoy? Malfoy, are you wake?” Draco slowly opened his eyes to see a blurry figure standing over him. Blink rapidly for a moment he reopened his eyes and realised it was Harry.

“What happened?” His voice was raspy from lack of use and he immediately cleared it.

“You passed out in Spell Creation,” Harry answered, Draco noted that Harry looked a bit nervous for some reason, like something terrible other than him passing out had happened. “Potter, what’s going on?”

“Uhm, you stay here I’ll go get you a glass of water, Harry made to leave and Draco got out of bed and started right after him. “Whoa, I said for you to stay in bed.”

“I don’t care what you said, something’s wrong and I want answers.”

“Oh, nothings wrong, my dear Draco.” Came a new voice. The blonde froze, and turned slowly to face the voices owner.

“Wh-What,” He faltered for a moment, “What the hell are you doing here?!”

“Well, about that,” Harry began, but Draco cut him off.

“Dear Merlin,” Draco flopped on the bed, “I’m knocked out for five minutes and this is what happens?” Harry opened his mouth to retort, an indignant look on his face.

“Hey, hey,” Pansy held up her arms, “This wasn’t Potters fault. It was all me baby.” She grinned, walking over and sitting down next to him. “I followed you, couldn’t you feel me?”

No, he hadn’t. He’d been so focused on getting through the day without needing Harry he hadn’t stopped to think about anything else, most of his attention was devoted to the Gryffindor. This, he realised, was a very grave mistake, inattention could lead to very serve consequences had someone chose to attack.

“Anyway,” Pansy’s voice cut through his thoughts, “I followed you to your class and when I saw you pass out I followed you down to the hospital wing. That’s where things got a little weird.” She shot a look at Harry, “As soon as Pomfrey was out of the room, Potter came rushing over there and got right in bed with you. Imagine my surprise! And then he offered to take you back to your rooms, and here we are.”

“Of course, she scared the bloody hell out of me when she revealed herself.” Harry looked away bitterly. Draco was given the impression that the Golden Boy didn’t like to be caught off guard.

“So, what did you tell her?”

Harry glared and growled, “What makes you think I told her anything?”

Draco glared right back and snapped out, “Because when someone finds you carrying me back to a privet room you have to tell them something. Besides, you’re you.”

Harry made a snarling sound in the back of his throat and Draco felt a tingle go up his spine that had nothing to do with the sudden burning travelling up his arm.

“Well, The-Boy-Who-Lived over there didn’t tell me a thing,” Pansy interrupted, sitting down next to Draco, “But someone’s going to.” She grinned and leaned back.

Harry took one look at her and said, “No.”

“What do you mean ‘no?’” Draco asked, “Your friends know.”

“Yea, but I can trust my friends.”

“And I can trust Pansy!” Draco yelled, rising to his feet.

“And I can’t! Would you sit down for Merlin’s sake, you just woke up from fainting.” Harry tried pushing him towards the bed.

Pansy wasn’t really upset about the things Harry thought about her, she knew it seemed. She didn’t particularly care for trying to keep a reputation in tact or living up to her families name, it had never been a priority for her. She knew what was said about her, and for the most part it was true, but only to a certain degree. She knew that other people wouldn’t be so ready to trust her with any important matter at first, but when it cam down do it, they would. They always did.

“Do not tell me what to do!” Draco said and a haughty tone, “And who the hell says I trust your friends?! Besides, there’s nothing wrong with Pansy!”

“But my friends have never stabbed me in the back, they’re Gryffindors and we’re know as the Golden Trio!” Harry then pointed a finger at Pansy, “The only thing she’s known for is manipulation!” Pansy smiled proudly at that.

“So?! Just because she’s-” Draco stopped when Harry suddenly lurched forward.

“Oh, God!” Harry fell into Draco’s arms and they both tumbled to the floor. Pansy sat up in surprise and continued watching the exchange between the two. “Damn,” Draco muttered, grabbing Harry’s sides, “I knew we should’ve stopped when they sound started to fade out.”

Harry curled into Draco’s chest, and held onto his shirt while trying to regain control of his breathing. He tried to gasp something out but was shushed immediately and told to wait. Draco sighed as he gently hauled the boy up and manoeuvred him in the bed. “A little help here, Pans?”

Pansy jumped off the bed and allowed Draco to get in the bed beside Harry, they two just sat there kind of holding one another.

“Ohhhhhh,” She said, smirking wickedly, “I get it.”

“No, you really don’t,” Draco said checking to see if Harry’s breathing had levelled out.

“Well, she’s not stupid,” Harry said turning to Draco.

“I never said she was, but she really doesn’t get this, it’s not common. Well, any more anyway.” Draco looked a Pansy, knowing e was giving her clues.

“No, Draco, baby, I think I got.” She flounced onto the bed, grabbed both of their hands and said in a singsong voice, “You two are bonded~!”

Pansy was sworn to secrecy of course, and it was then requested that Ron and Hermione were allowed visit their rooms, as Pansy was now allowed to do so. Draco had to think that one over, while on one hand he knew it was only fair, on the other the less that knew where they were the better.

In the end it was decided that Draco would tell Hermione the password but it was up to Hermione to tell Ron when she thought he was ready. The red head had abandoned Harry once too many for Draco’s liking so his trust would have to be earned.

And damn well if that wouldn’t take forever.

The next morning Harry and Draco entered the Hall rather late for breakfast, they had had a really rough start this morning and an incident involving someone’s shampoo was the deciding factor making them so late.

Draco shot a glance at the Gryffindor table, noting that Harry and his friends were going on as if nothing were amiss, which lead Draco to believe that his absence hadn’t affected them greatly. He sat down at his respective table and returned his ‘good mornings.’

By the time breakfast was over Draco was ready to face his newest teacher and old door protector.

Gryffindors crowded the hall outside of the DADA room waiting for the professor when Draco arrived, Harry was among them and laughing, but Draco could tell he was nervous about this.

Suddenly the door flew open on it’s own accord and the students filed into the room.

“Uhm…do we have a seating chart?” Harry asked loudly.

“Oh, yea, mate, you’re over there,” Ron said, pointing to a desk in the back. Draco followed with his eyes, trying to gauge just how far from Harry he might have to be.

“Don’t worry,” A cool voice said, coming up beside him, “You’re right next to him.”

Draco turned and stared when he was faced with Sir Yamiko’s laughing eyes, the entire class also jumped when the noticed their new professor had entered the room without them knowing.

“Okay, class,” Sir Yamiko began, “Settle down.” It was as if everyone had just been imperioused, but more like you wanted to. Everyone sat down and waited for further instructions. “Yesterday, we had two students absent from class, Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Potter,” Sir Yamiko began, “They missed the demonstration.” He smiled at the class and asked. “Do you think they should perform it as well?”

Most of the class nodded and Draco began to silently panic when Hermione shot them a worried look, he glanced a Pansy to see if she had the same reaction as well and found that there was a glow of mistrust there.

“Mr. Potter, Mr. Malfoy, please step to the front of the class.” The got up without looking at one another, they didn’t need to, each knew what the other was feeling, instead they focused their gazes on the vampire before them. “Duelling positions, please.”

“Wait, we’re duelling?” Harry asked.

“Something like that,” Sir Yamiko replied.

“Oh, well, shouldn’t we know the spell we’re practising first?” Draco knew Harry was staling, both knew that was they were in for was more dangerous then mere duelling.

“That will come later, for now just do as I say, please.” Sir Yamiko raised both of their wands into position, then came behind Draco and whispered, “Sectumsempra.”

Draco turned to look at his professor only to find the man guiding his hand from his die where it was falling and pointing it straight at Harry, the class waited with bated is breath for someone to make a move. “Say it,” Sir Yamiko purred.

“Sectumsempra!” Draco screamed and instantly regretted it when he felt fire immediately engulf him. The class watched in horror as Harry stumbled backwards, his robes slashing open to revel deep gashes on his torso, blood seeping out and pouring to the ground, his glasses had been knocked off an there was a large cut on his left cheek in the shape of an ‘M.’

Draco fell to the ground and let out a yelp, trying to get to Harry as quickly as possible, without anyone noticing. His body was on fire, there was a chord around his neck, squeezing tighter and tighter, making it harder and harder to breathe.

Through hazy eyes Draco watched Sir Yamiko walk calmly over to Harry, and with a flick of his wand vanish the blood and gashes and repair Harry’s robes. Suddenly Draco could breathe again, but he still felt as if he were on fire.

“Miss Granger, kindly remove the tine freezing charm you have placed on my class please,” Sir Yamiko asked with a smile.

Hermione looked hesitant, but nodded. She had placed the charm when she saw Draco start to fall to the ground. It was a simple complex charm that only lasted for a few moments or two, but certainly helped in situations like these.

“What the hell was that?” Harry gasped out, still on the floor, from the shock. “A lesson on the fastest way to get killed?”

Sir Yamiko laughed, his eyes twinkling with a hidden emotion, “Something like that. No, it was a lesson on how ready you are for an attack, and as you can see, you barely got the protego out of your mouth before Mr. Malfoy hit you with that curse.”

“And why that curse?” Harry asked. Draco could feel his anger pulsing through his own veins, how Harry was indignant about being hit with such a serious curse in the middle of a class, not to mention a being hit by the boy who he had bestowed the hex upon. It wasn’t a bad feeling, no quite the opposite, in fact, there was something sensual about it, Draco was feeling something that only Harry Potter should have been feeling. It was like he’d become privy to a secret place where flowers bloomed all year long, pumpkin juice never ran out, and the sun was shining with a cool breeze ruffling through

“Ah, that would be my own little lesson. Don’t skip my class, 35 points from Gryffindor and Slytherin.” Sir Yamiko turned to the board and began writing something. “Today, we will practise on toning you reflexes.” The vampire turned around and whipped a piece of chalk at Blaise, the boy caught it mid-air and turned to smirk at Draco.

Draco ignored him, glared t the professor, and sat down next to Harry at their desk, feeling as if he’d just been run over by a flaming Muggle truck. When Harry put a hand on his thigh, he was thankful for the angle that they were in, because he just might cry if Harry were to move it now.

At dinner Draco noticed the absence of Sir Yamiko once again, he made a note to look up a book about vampires later, as he was pretty sure they didn’t need to feed every night.

He looked over at the Gryffindor table and noticed Harry almost asleep in his Shepherds Pie. Suddenly Hermione stood and walked to the Head Table, she stood in front of Dumbledore, she nodded her head a few time and Draco could tell he was asking her serious questions. When there was a discreet glance at Draco, the blonde knew something was up. That, and it wasn’t good.

Draco laughed along with the rest of his table when Harry fell fast first into his plate, but he couldn’t help but thinking how he’d like to join him.

It was after dinner and Harry and Draco had been called to Dumbledore’s office.

“Jesus, why does this man change his password every five seconds?” Draco asked after ‘Blood Pops’ didn’t work.

“Because everyone can guess them,” Harry answered, “Jelly Slugs.” The gargoyle creaked to life and Draco shot Harry a glare. Harry only smiled sheepishly in response and said, “Practise.”

The ascended the stairs and made their way into the Headmasters office, to find him petting his pet Phoenix.

“Oh, hello boys, how are you?” The old man set the bird down and gestured to the bowl of candies on his desk, “Lemon drop?’

“No thanks,” Draco answered and Harry shook his head as well.

Dumbledore shrugged and popped one in his mouth before continuing. “Well boys, this is a very serious matter in which I need to discuss with you.”

“Did you find a way out of this?” Harry asked immediately, leaning forward a bit, his eyes hopeful.

Now, it wasn’t like Draco wanted to be bonded to Harry I’m-So-Cool Potter, but when someone just jumps at the chance to get away from you it’s bound to hurt, no matter who it was. Things like that made you just yearn to prove those people wrong.

It was those thoughts in mind that allowed Draco to smirk when Dumbledore said, “No, sorry boys, but on the contrary. It’s time for you to bond.”


()-I completely made this class up, it’s pretty much telling you the rules of how to make your own spells and how to do it.

()-The Richter scale only goes to five I believe.

A/N: Okay, so if you’re all wondering why chapters take me so long, I’ll tell you. A)My entire computer system breaks a lot B) All chapters are now 5200+ words. They used to be less but now they have to be at least 5200. I know it doesn’t seem like a lot, but it is when you work, volunteer, school…all that other stuff. So uhm…please be patient with me, and review, I love reviews and they give me inspiration for what I want to do with my next chapter a lot of the time.