Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of Mercy ❯ Reunion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Hellsing and you would have to be crazy think I did. I do however own the orginal characters, such as Julia and Tobias so please don't use them without my permishion.

Chapter 1


Alucard waited silently in the shadows beside the heavy iron gate of Hellsing manor. He could sense his former fledgling drawing near. A black raven drifted to land above him in a nearby tree, and in the next moment a girl stood by his side.
She bore the form of a young woman no older than sixteen, but her ruby eyes showed the wisdom and weariness of countless years. What had once been a plain face was now made strangely beautiful, forever frozen in eternal youth. Her small slender form was hidden in a heavy black cloak, and her long brown hair was made almost black in the darkness.

“Hello Alucard,” she said, her voice far too serious for her young appearance.

“What brings you back here now, Julia?” asked Alucard, cruel mischief in his voice. “Have you broken your frail heart morning another mortal, or have you finally gotten over that human and returned to learn how to be a proper creature of the night?”
Julia grinned slightly at once again hearing Alucard’s familiar taunting. He’d said the same to her, far too many times, for his words to bear any sting. She gave him the same reply she always did.

“Alucard you and I both know I will morn ‘that human’ until the end of time, and have no interest in learning how to be a monster like you. I’m here to ask a favor.”

“And what makes you think I’ll grant it?”

“Because whether you like it or not, I’m your fledgling and your blood runs in my veins. By the very nature of the fact that you are my sire, you tend to take an interest in my welfare.” Alicard raised and eyebrow. Julia gave him a calculating look and continued, “Also I think this will interest you, the coming conflict has the promise of a good fight.”

“Go on,”


“Vashnicalf, has captured Tobias, one of my fledglings, and I need your help in rescuing him.”
Jessica‘s words had less effect on Alucard than she had expected. The names meant nothing to him. She kept forgetting how little contact Alicard had had with other Vampires for the past several hundred years, other than to slay them. She elaborated, “Vashnicalf is a very powerful, and ancient vampire with a castle in Russia. Tobias is a fledgling I sired in Germany after World War II.
Alucard grinned at the prospect of challenging a strong vampire but then grew mildly suspicious, “How did a fledgling of yours upset a Russian Vampire.”

“Tobia’s didn’t, Vashnicalf captured him to get at me.” Alucard could not hide his amusement.

“Little one, how did you upset a powerful vampire. Your hardly more than a weakling yourself, at least when it comes to fighting your own kind.”

“Vashnicalf’s grudge against me has nothing to do with my fighting ability,” replied Julia but she didn‘t elaborate.

Alucard lost his patience with Julia’s explanations, she was wasn’t telling him something. He and closed his eyes, and reached into her mind, trying to pull at her memories. He was met by a very solid mental wall.
When he tried to push through the wall, he was very violently thrown back. He opened his eyes laughing at her furious expression. “Damn it Alicard, I’m not your servant anymore. You can’t just look into my mind, like I’m a weak newly sired vampire!”
Alucard looked at Julia thoughtful, she truly was stronger now than when he had last seen her. In the past she had always been unable repel him from her mind. He could however not resist the urge to continue teasing her. No matter how much stronger or braver Julia became, Alicard still thought of her as the young, uncertain fledgling he had once known.

“So, if your not a ‘weak newly sire vampire’ why can’t you kill Vashnicalf yourself?” Julia looked away from him so that he could not see her expression. She had never learned how to keep face from showing her emotions, like most vampires did

“I may be stronger than I used to be, but Vashnicalf is far more powerful and older than I am. I would lose if I fought him. My powers are not for combat against my own kind.”

“So your admitting your not strong enough to fight your own battles,” replied Alucard bating her. Jessica was getting tired of Alicard playing with her, but she needed his help, so she pulled on the last card at her disposal.

“Alucard I know your bored being stuck here fighting weaklings. I spoke the truth when I said Vashnicalf was old and powerful. He might even be a worthy adversary for you. I know I can convince your human master to loosen her control on you long enough for you to destroy Vashnicalf. Now will you aid me or not?”

“Julia, have I ever missed a chance for a decent battle?” Julia smiled, she knew Alicard had been planning to help her all along.

“Good, we’re in agreement then. Now I must speak to your master, it’s Lady Intergra isn’t it?

“Yes, but you would be wise to call her Sir Integra. She’s awake an in her office now. I’ll take you to her.” Alucard turned walking back towards the manor and Julia followed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed the fanfic. I tried to keep all the Hellsing characters in character. Please review I you liked it and want me to write more.