Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of Mercy ❯ Old Friend ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2

Integra was awake, and inevitably under siege by papers. She was currently staring at a particularly pointless piece of parchment, wondering how it had found it’s way into her more important documents. Why would anyone have really thought she needed to review the wallpaper budget for the mansion? Couldn’t Walter have taken care of it?

There was a sudden knock on the door and before she could reply Alucard phased through. “Alucard what in blazes do you want at three in the morning?”

“I’ve got a visitor for you,” said Alucard with his usual smug grin. Integra could tell he was up to something. The door opened and a young teenager stepped in, Integra noticed the blood red eyes instantly.

“Alucard, please tell me you didn’t sire another vampire, and not one that young.”

“You have nothing to be upset about my master. I‘ve not disobeyed you. Though I did sire her, Julia has been a vampire for several hundred years.”

“And she is standing in my office because?” asked Integra still slightly annoyed. Alucard opened his mouth to speak again but Julia spoke for herself, bowing as a sign of respect to Intergra.

“I need Alucard’s aid to rescue a fledgling of mine, who has been capture by another vampire. I’ve come to request you give him leave to do so.”
Integra was impressed by the girls politeness. From the way she held herself, it seemed evident that she had been well born when she was human. Julia was probably English nobility if Intergra was to guess from the accent, but she had known enough English nobility to be well guarded in her reply. “Why should the welfare of you or your fledgling be any concern of mine?”

“Because if Alucard aids me I can bring the downfall of a very powerful vampire lord.”

“That is interesting. Who is this vampire that has crossed you?”

“His name if Vashnicalf, he is an ancient vampire nearly as old as Alucard, with a castle in Russia.” Integra frowned. “I can’t justify letting Alucard lose, even temporarily, to deal with a vampire unless they are a threat to Great Britain.”

“Then consider it the paying of a favor, which your family owes me,” stated Julia calmly. Integra raised an eyebrow she could not think of any reason her family would owe a debt to a vampire.

“Explain,”

“I’ve helped your family before in times of great need, the most recent was during World War II. Is Walter still living? He’ll verify my claim. Integra paused for a moment then lifted the phone and called Walter.

He arrived a moment later. His eyes lit up and he smiled when he saw Julia, “So you’ve come back to Hellsing, Angel of Mercy. The last I heard of you, you where somewhere in France. What has brought you back?”

“Not good news old friend,” replied Julia, and she explained the situation. Walter listened closely and then turned to Intergra.

“Sir Integra, Julia did indeed help your father during the war, and she has proven herself a trustworthy ally to your family. I can explain everything in detail later but in my humble opinion, I believe it would be wise to grant her request.”

Integra still doubted the wisdom of allowing Alucard away from her direct control even for a brief time, but Walter seemed to have faith in this vampire so she would trust him. “Very well he may go. I‘ll arrange for a helicopter to transport Alucard and Julia tomorrow. Alucard you will still be expected to report to me while your away, I want to keep track of your movements.”

“I’ll need to take the police girl, she could use the training.” said Alucard. Integra gave Alucard a ‘Don’t push your luck’ look, but said nothing more. Walter wisely led both vampires out of the office.
--------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
Converting /tmp/phpJhjhz6 to /dev/stdout