Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of Mercy ❯ Leaving ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3

Julia shifted uncomfortably in her seat. As long as she had lived, she could never really get used to flying in a human machine. Seras was asleep in her coffin and Alucard dozed in one of the plane seats. Julia knew it was not wise to remain awake in the day. She needed her rest for what was to come, but she could not sleep.

She realized as she stared at the metal wall of the plane that she was afraid. It had been a very long time since she had felt fear. After she has existed for several hundred years, the thought of death ceased to hold the same dread it once did.

But it wasn’t death she was fearing was it? Vashnicalf didn’t intend to end her undead life. She knew what he wanted. Her stomach turned at the memory of the cold touch of his hand upon her shoulder, the request he had made trying the draw her close, and her own angry words of refusal. When she struggled she found, that regardless of all her strength, she was unable to break free from his iron grasp.

She recalled that terrible, terrible, feeling of helplessness that had consumed her, until she kneed him in the weak spot of all males, immortal or not, and he lost his grip on her. She had fled into the shadows of the night and at the time not wondered why he hadn’t pursued her, but now the words he yelled after her echoed again in her ears. “You’ll regret this. I’ll beak you before I make you mine.”

Why hadn’t she realized he would find a way to draw her back to him. Why hadn’t she seen he would use one of her fledglings against her. She clenched her hands so tightly in frustration that her nails drew blood.

“You still haven’t told me yet what Vashnicalf has against you. How did you even meet him” Julia turned to glare at Alucard. His eyes where watching the droplets of crimson red on her already healed hands, the sent of fresh blood must have awakened him.

Julia pulled a handkerchief from somewhere in her cloak and wiped her hands clean, Alucards gaze returned to her face. Julia explained, “It was at the last Council of Elders, the gathering of the most powerful vampires of several nations every hundred years to discuss the present situation of our kind.”

“Our kind must have become greatly weakened if your now considered powerful enough to attend the Council of Elders,” scoffed Alucard. Julia gave him a cold look.

“There are other kinds of power than the ability to kill and cause destruction, Alucard. I was given my place at the meeting because of my understanding of humans, and their minds.” Alucard waved his hand absently showing he didn’t feel like debating the point.

Julia continued, “Vashnicalf was at the meeting as well, and unfortunately developed an interest in me. The last night of the meeting he followed me when I went for a walk in the garden of the estate, where the meeting was being held. He tried to seduce me, I ignored him. He then told me in no uncertain terms he wanted me, I told him in no uncertain terms that he disgusted me. He tried to take me against my will, I kneed him in the groin and fled. I do not doubt he didn’t take the rejection well, especially not from a vampire weaker than himself.”

Alucard looked smug. “So this whole business is because of an over amorous suitor?”

“This isn’t a laughing matter Alucard. I’ve made an enemy of a vampire much more powerful than myself. I doubt Vashnicalf will rest until he has destroyed everything I love and I am nothing but his broken slave. He’s already kidnapped on of my fledglings, more is at stake than just my honor. You told me you would help me in this coming conflict, do you now think my troubles trivial?”

Alucard looked thoughtfully at his former servant, now he remembered why he was fond of her, in spite of the fact she had never become a very strong vampire. It was the quite inner strength and courage Julia always seemed to carry. Though she was often bitter, cold and world weary, she always somehow kept her dignity in the worst of situations and stood up for herself, and that was where her power lay. Even as a newborn vampire she had never let him control her. He would never admit it but she was proud to call her family.

“Calm down Julia. I’m not going to abandon one of my own, and you know I would never miss the chance for a decent fight.” he promised her as the helicopter began to shift gears preparing to land on Russian soil.

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I know this is another chapter where not much happens, but the action comes soon. Give me some feed back if you like the story, or have some advice. I’d really like to know if I’m being interesting here or boring people to death.


Converting /tmp/phpC8v6eT to /dev/stdout