Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Contesting Results ❯ Repaying Favors ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Insomniac od.

Pairing/Interaction: Integral Hellsing and Major Montana Max.

Setting: Possible AU for the manga ending.

----

Repaying Favors

"So Fräulein," the Major said, smiling as he paused for dramatic effect. "How do you like this room I've prepared for you?"

He was pleased to see her react immediately to his taunt. How he loved the expression on her face - her pretense of calmness was almost perfect, betrayed only by the fire and indignation in her eyes at her capture. As always, it was exhilarating to observe his prey this close.

'A pity she is of his blood. An enhanced Nazi of her making would be a wonderful addition to the troops. For all we know, she might even give Joleen a run for her money,' he mused.

'But then again, maybe that mind wipe experiment of the Doctor's might prove to be useful.'

"Hilarious," she said, breaking his thoughts. He smiled as he sensed fury seething from her voice. "Oh yes, these ropes and these torture instruments hanging in tow are everything an English woman could want. Now, what is it you want with me? I've got no time to waste with the likes of you," Integra spat. "Either spare me your dramatic antics or let me finish you off."

He almost found himself laughing in response. She was bound with no possible means of escape and yet it was amazing how she refused to be defeated in spirit. Integra Hellsing was as much an interesting human being as the reports described her to be. It was no wonder that the vampire Alucard was himself, infatuated - no smitten, with her.

"Feisty aren't you? Besides world anarchy and perpetual war, I don't think I want too much more," he chuckled. "Today England, tomorrow France. Ironic how it is a reverse of the direction we planned to takeover Europe. And speaking of the last war, Fräulein Hellsing, I have much favors to return to you Hellsings, or more specifically, you guys owe me one."

The grimness of her situation would have broken most people, but instead of crying or stunned silence, he found Integra laughing. The Major narrowed his eyes in surprise. For the iron lady his nemesis was reputed to be, her present response reminded him more of her maniacal pet - unrestrained and frankly, downright insane.

"Oh, don't tell me you mean that raid whereby Walter and Alucard took out your earlier experiments. That was a hoot," she said between chortles. "I assure you, the two of them had a most amusing time."

Angrily, he slammed his hands down on the armrests of the chair she was bound too. "I assure you, you are not going to find this as amusing in a while, Fräulein Hellsing."

Observing her undisguised gloating at his loss of temper, he grimaced. Far from being intimidated by him, she was intimidating him. This was not going to plan. He had assumed that she would break in a matter of minutes, given the starkly dire circumstances she was in. How he would have relished killing her slowly and painfully, his pleasure all the more increased by her begging for mercy. Damn them Hellsings. It was time to fall on the backup plan, which was much simpler - although it would, unfortunately, give him less satisfaction.

'Or then again, perhaps the Doctor would like a new candidate for his multitude of experiments.'

"Experiments? You don't say. The Doctor, I gather, is still fine and well? I suppose I didn't break his arms too badly the last time."

He turned at the chuckle behind him - a chuckle that was too familiar for comfort. Irritated and determined to silence his prisoner, he found instead, a malicious looking Alucard in her place.

A cold clamp on his mouth prevented him from crying out.

The vampire smirked as he surveyed the Major's surprised expression. "Well, well … I do owe you something for the romp don't I? I assure you, Major, tonight will not be a night to forget - if you live through this, that is."