Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Contesting Results ❯ Training Session ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: lawofar18.

Pairing/Interaction: Alexander Anderson and Father Renaldo.

----

Training Session

"Shoot me."

He could see the hand that held the gun quivering with weakening resolve, could feel the frailty of human will spreading. And he knew that he could not let it touch him at any cost. Human weakness was contagious. A festering, creeping, spreading burden he had long given up.

For he was no longer human. Was he?

"SHOOT ME."

BANG!

The impact of the bullet ripped through his tall shuddering frame and knocked him back, despite his efforts to withstand the shot. He stumbled backwards, his strength as futile as a blade of grass in the wind. He could feel himself regenerating, parts knitting agonizingly back together. A searing burn in his shoulder forcing his body to heal.

I must not show pain. I must not show weakness. I am the messenger of God. I cannot show up deficient in the face of temptation and suffering. I can face the devil after forty days or more.

Father Renaldo could see the younger man gritting his teeth and bracing himself. He knew what was coming before the paladin spoke.

"Again. Shoot me again."

He wanted to protest. Wanted to point out that the blonde priest had not yet recovered from the last barrage of bullets. Wanted to call him out on all the pain he knew the regenerator was hiding. Wanted to protest against the sheer ridiculousness of training by wantonly shooting oneself. But he didn't say anything. He never said anything.

Steeling himself, he held up the gun again, aiming it straight between those piercing green eyes.

Who was he to disobey orders?

But how he hated to be the one assigned to Paladin Alexander Anderson's training sessions.