Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Dance Of The Dead ❯ Treasure Hunt ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT in any way profit from this story, nor do the characters belong to me. All creative rights belong to Kouta Hirano, but since I'm using manga elements, they belong to Kohta Hirona as spelled on the manga cover. The name Erzsébet Báthory, is in no way mine. She was a real person; I am just borrowing her image for the story, and the historical research from her life. Anything in my story that has happened in real life is purely a coincidence. Any club named Dark Days out there is also purely coincidental to my imagination.
 
A/N: Here's chapter five!
 
Chapter 5: Collecting information and shopping
 
XXXXX
 
It had been an hour since Seras had left for the bathroom. Not that Alucard cared too much, even if she was feeling dizzy, that was her problem right now… but that feeling should have stopped by now. That and Pip was getting on his nerves, not that he was particularly bad company, but he was ogling every girl that walked by and Alucard could read every thought that the mortal had. His thoughts were loud and clear, and Alucard didn't really want to know what he was thinking.
  
“`Ey, girl! I `ave somezing for you!” Pip suddenly got out of his seat and ran towards the bimbo walking by. `He has an attention span of a two year old… Well, when it comes to women at least.' Alucard got out of his seat as well, before Pip could notice him and stop his movements, and walked towards a darkened corner of the club. No one even noticed the slight change in temperature; the change only lasted for a few moments before it was gone again.
 
“You should `ave seen her. Biggest bre- Alucard sir…Where the `ell did he go?” Pip sighed. `Oh well, `e'll be back at some point.' At that moment another beautiful blond walked by.
 
XXXXX
 
Everything was so dark; there were no walls, no roof, and it seemed like there was no floor… Maybe she was floating on air?
 
Seras couldn't even see her hands as she waved them in front of her face. Usually, with her usual eyes, she could see anything in pitch black, but this was something else. Deciding that just standing there would do her no good, she set off into the darkness; to what she thought might be north…she could be heading west for all she knew.
 
“Is anyone there?” Seras ask timidly. Who would be in a place like this anyways?
 
About ten minutes had passed, and nothing really happened…Except she could see a figure in the distance, how she could see it now was beyond her.
 
The figure started to take shape; it was a woman… a woman with shoulder length hair, blond hair. In fact, the female looked familiar to Seras, very familiar.
 
“Mum?” Seras arrived right next to the body, it was just lying there, cold and dead…Like it had many years ago. She'd hoped that the body would be warm and alive. What was going on?
 
“You let her die, Seras.” Seras whipped around towards the voice that sounded very familiar as well. There was a girl sitting on the ground, she was hugging her knees to her chest…but not in a way that showed she was scared or anything, but instead she seemed almost bored looking. She was mostly naked, except for the maroon underwear she wore. This girl looked a lot like Seras, except for a few things like the long black tresses that reached all of the way to the girl's mid back and her eyes were such a dark red they were almost black. Out of nowhere a little white light appeared over the mysterious woman, ass if she were on stage, making her eyes shine like diamonds in the sun.
 
Suddenly she got up from her spot on the floor. Her hair clung to her breasts, leaving little to the imagination, but enough to keep some modesty. Wings appeared from her pale shoulders, the wings were made of dark colored feathers.
 
“Do I know you?” Seras asked quickly, not sure of what else to ask or say.
 
“No, but I know you. In fact, you could say I know you inside out…but that is a story for another time.” The winged woman looked towards the dead blond woman on the floor next to Seras.
 
“You truly are pathetic, Seras. You just let her die. You're a sad excuse for a vampire.” The words didn't sound harsh, but was intended to be taken that way and it upset Seras slightly.
 
“Stop it, don't say that again! I tried to save her!” Seras yelled at the woman before her, the girl acted as if Seras never said a word.
 
This girl's voice was exactly like Seras' but it was monotone. The woman started to walk towards Seras again, but the closer she got, the more she started to change form. She started to look more like a cat of sorts, a large cat, but a cat nonetheless. The feline's fur shined in the light from above. The fur was black but the glow made it seem almost silver.
 
However, the cat could still talk. “Someone is coming for you and you have to be strong…” The cat paused and locked its gaze with Seras.
 
“Your master awaits your return, Seras. Better awake quickly, less you make him angry.” A slim black tailed curled around Seras' booted leg and the cat purred in delight before it disappeared, as did the body.
 
That cat kind of reminded Seras of the Cheshire cat, but so did Alucard. Seras knew it was a dream… Alucard said that vampires could no longer dream when they were turned… “Better ask about that later,” Seras quietly said to herself.
 
XXXXX
 
Locating Seras was rather easy, considering she wasn't very far away to begin with, and the fact that Pip said she was in the bathroom made it even easier. Not that it mattered if the human said anything about where she was.
 
She was on the floor, unconscious. The bathroom door wasn't locked, perhaps someone drugged her? Though she was a midian, she could still get poisoned in her weakened state. Her blood wasn't strong enough to take such things just yet, though it would have had to have been a very potent still.
 
With a sigh, Alucard walked over to the girl lying on the marble floor. What way should he wake her up? All kinds of twisted images ran through his head. She did let her guard down...Maybe he would punish her? Alucard thought for a moment, but changed his mind. He did after all provoke her bloodlust.
 
There would be no point in punishing her.
 
Alucard looked over her form, searching for any indication of foul play. Four buttons on the front of her dress were undone, two if you didn't count the one's that were broken. Her shoulder was exposed. A small red dot rested on that shoulder, it didn't take a genius to figure out that a needle had bitten into her flesh not too long ago. Alucard leaned down and licked at the tiny wound. `No poison, just a sedative…Such a weak child.'
 
Alucard picked up the much smaller girl, putting one gloved hand under her knees and the other under her back, like he had when he'd turned her. He left the room quietly; a few seconds later drunken women piled into the same bathroom.
 
XXXXX
 
The ladies in this club were a little stingier than he was used to, but then again, the only women he paid attention to were complete whores and would sleep with anything…anything. Even though he was in a more upper class club, he at least hoped he could score once tonight…No such luck yet.
 
Pip didn't realize a man was suddenly behind him, until the girl he was certainly talking to looked passed him and smiled. `What ze `ell?' Pip turned around with an angry look in his eyes, but that disappeared quickly as realized who was behind him.
 
“Alucard sir, did you find ze girl?” Pip tried not to look intimidated by the older man, and it seemed to work.
 
“Yes…But the sun is going to rise soon. You should gather more information…I'll take care of Seras. Until tomorrow.” And with a large grin, Alucard left without as much as a salute from the mercenary. Though it didn't matter, Pip didn't salute anyone for that matter…Well, he did salute Integra.
 
Pip turned around again to carry on with his little `information recovery' only to find the woman he'd been trying to seduce had found someone else to flirt with. Tonight just wasn't his night, better carry on with his duties.
 
XXXXX
 
(The next night)
 
It sounded like someone had taken a jackhammer to her skull. What was with the banging noise?
 
Seras slowly realized that no one had taken anything to her skull (as far as she knew) and that it was just a migraine, nothing more. `I must have drunk a lot last night.' Seras winced as her eyes slowly opened…only to find Alucard grinning down at her. Now, that was not what she wanted to wake up to, so she screamed. Not a good idea, considering it made her head throb more.
  
“Not so loud, Police girl… Don't want the whole hotel thinking perverted things, now do we?” Alucard paused for a moment. “Actually that doesn't sound so bad.” He chuckled.
 
Seras glared at him for a moment, trying her best to look intimidating, but in the end she failed.
 
“What are you doing in my room, anyways? Wait, where are we?” Seras lost interest in being angry as soon as she saw the large hotel room. It was absolutely beautiful! Everything was red and gold, having a Chinese theme to it. The floor was some sort of wood; she'd always loved wooden floor boards. Though the lights were off, she could still see everything in the room.
 
“Wow…” That was the only intelligent thing she could say at the moment.
 
“I am not in your room, you are in mine.” Alucard looked bored with the small conversation and got up. He walked over to the large windows and drew back the long golden velvet blinds, revealing a beautiful crescent moon outside. The light from the moon spilled in and making everything look all the more gorgeous.
 
“I'm in your room...? I don't even remember how I got here in the first place…unless.” Seras blushed slightly out of both embarrassment and anger.
 
“Don't flatter yourself. I found you passed out in the restroom at the club… Epidemic I believe that was the name, not that it matters. You let you're guard down, police girl. You shouldn't let all that blood get to you, tempting as it is,” Alucard scolded and looked back at her, there was no smile for a second or two, but then that famous grin appeared. Then he turned around to look at the stars.
 
“The commander is at that club now, collecting more information… He didn't do such a good job last night. He's making it up tonight while we go amongst our business. We go out tonight, but not to a club. I would like to rest my ears from all that music… Plus, you need new clothes. Fifteen minutes and that's all you get. Oh, and hurry Police girl, I don't fancy waiting all night for you.” Alucard looked at her again, dryly this time.
 
Seras looked at him for a few moments and then jumped to her feet and ran towards the closest bathroom…There were quite a few bathrooms, and those were only the ones she could see. She couldn't wait to explore more of the hotel when she got back. Being a girl, Seras loved shopping, but shopping with her master was a different story.
 
XXXXX
 
Pip didn't like dressing this way; it made him look strange. That and he dressed almost exactly the same way he had last night, minus the expensive jacket. And now he only wore the silky white shirt underneath and the same pants from before. He almost looked the same; hopefully no one would notice him.
 
A few people by the bar were having a very interesting conversation, one he might like to listen in on…So he nonchalantly moved closer. He couldn't turn around and stare at them as they talked, that would look a little strange, so he just listened to them chat away.
 
“Yeah, so there's like this really cool club called `House of Destruction' or something like that. I've heard good things about it; maybe we should check it out!” one of the young men said eagerly.
 
“That's `House of Desolation', you moron,” the woman to his right corrected. Or from what Pip could tell…He wasn't sure which side was which considering he wasn't facing the group.
 
“Whatever it's called, I don't really care; I just hear it's a really cool place and the people there are nice!” the guy from earlier said impatiently, the woman to his right sighed loudly.
 
Pip hated when people sighed like that, it was very rude, no matter how dumb the person they were talking to was. However, he had a job to do and couldn't let little pet peeves get in his way. He continued to listen, wondering if there was any other information they had.
 
“So, has anyone heard about those gruesome murders?” Another feminine voice asked, she sounded a little more naïve than the other woman and she stood to the man's left. The rude woman snorted a very un-lady like snort.
 
“Everyone has heard about that, but the police won't release any information. Though they do say it was done by some Satanists or something. Laura, what do you think happened?” the younger female one asked.
 
“I don't know, nor do I care. C'mon, let's go somewhere else. This club blows.” Pip heard them leave quickly. `Rich bitches…' Pip thought with a frown, he hated girls like that. `Great, now I `ave some information and Alucard won't bite my `ead off.' Pip continued his little undercover job in the club.
 
XXXXX
 
“Oh wow, look at this store, all kinds of pretty clothing!” Seras looked through what seemed like the hundredth store.
 
“Police girl, let's get a move on… That's not the type of clothes we're looking for anyhow. Can't go into a club like before and be in nothing but pastel colors,” Alucard stated as he continued to walk on, not caring if she was left behind or not.
 
Seras backed away from the store and looked down, continuing to walk after her master… In truth, she didn't like dressing all dark and scary. Though she had to admit, she didn't like dressing in all pastels either… but that distaste hadn't been known to her until she became what she was now. Why, all of a sudden, did she dislike those colors such as pastels?
 
Alucard was dressed in the same thing she'd seen him dressed in the night before. Did he ever shower? `Ew…” Seras made a face. Alucard stopped and turned to look at her with a grin. (He's always smiling) “Why do you want to know, police girl? Maybe I'll show you sometime,” he said, and then continued to walk, a little slower this time. A blush quickly made its way on to Seras cheeks.
 
Seras turned her gaze towards the stores again until she saw a familiar toy shop. The thought of her father bringing her to that exact shop made her even more depressed than she already was.
 
“Aw, here we are… The perfect place for what we need, no?” Alucard looked at his servant; Seras took one look at the store and groaned inwardly… `He has an unhealthy obsession with dark clothing.' Alucard just grinned wider and walked in the gloomy store.
 
“This is going to be a long night,” Seras said with misery. She just stood there for a moment, staring at someone she hadn't noticed before… a very strange looking person; they were staring at her as well. That person looked almost like they were all black and white…like those old movies Seras used to watch all the time. And she couldn't even tell if it were male or female.
 
She suddenly heard her master's booming voice. “Get a move on, Police girl.”
 
Seras quickly glanced at the spot where the person before was standing, only to find them gone and nowhere to be seen. Deciding she was just seeing things, Seras ran after her master into the store.
 
XXXXX
 
A/N: Again, it's done…Still short, right?