Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Dance Of The Dead ❯ To Gaze at the Moon ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT in any way profit from this story, nor do the characters belong to me. All creative rights belong to Kouta Hirano, but since I'm using manga elements, they belong to Kohta Hirona as spelled on the manga cover. The name Erzsébet Báthory, is in no way mine. She was a real person; I am just borrowing her image for the story, and the historical research from her life. Anything in my story that has happened in real life is purely a coincidence. Any club named Dark Days out there is also purely coincidental to my imagination. (That's including the other clubs I randomly make up.). Ábel is mine, and some other characters that I put throughout the story.
 
A/N: I'm hoping the next chapter won't be too long from now; unfortunately I have to re-read this whole story to remember what the hell I wrote. OO;; And where I am exactly. Let's all hope it's out quickly though! If it isn't it's because I'm finishing up my other story first….we'll see.
 
Chapter 8: Moon Gazing
 
XXXXX
 
Once out of the crowd, Seras made her way in the direction of the explosion, or what she thought was it. It definitely was inside the building…As to where it was, she couldn't be sure, somewhere on the top floor of this place. Even if it wasn't Alucard who'd created the explosion, he'd surely be there before her anyhow and give her that disappointed look on account of her slowness to the scene. What could she do? It wasn't like he'd taught her how to turn into anything and it would be a little weird for someone to randomly turn into mist or a bat.
Seras doubled her efforts to get there, maybe she could make it there before him…The more she thought about it the more she realized that it was likely he'd damaged something. The blond vampire had the urge to roll her eyes or do any other teenager-like things; there was very little doubt that he hadn't destroyed something.
The young vampire stopped short when she sensed extreme danger, and it was approaching her rather fast. Suddenly a young man appeared from around one of the many corners. He had shoulder length hair, which was jet black, and he was dressed in a suit…a very rich looking suit. Everything matched, including the knee length jacket he wore…It reminded her of Alucard's whole `undercover' outfit that he liked to wear.
Seras narrowed her eyes as they turned to a dark shade of red; the person in front of her was no way human, but not a FREAK either…That meant…
“Who are you?” Seras gritted through clenched teeth, this man was obviously there to keep her from getting to Alucard, to distract her.
“Calm down, I just want to talk.” The man smiled widely at her and took a step forward as she took a step backward.
“I don't have time for chatting, please move.”
“Now, now…That's no way to treat one of your brethren, you and I are alike…Both under the command of a `master'…you really shouldn't be so rude.” The man held out a gloved hand, even though she was about ten feet away. “Want to take a walk?”
“…I won't say it again; move.” Seras took a few steps forward, but the man stood his ground. After a few moments he left his out stretched arm fall to his side and his beautiful smile disappeared from his face. Seras watched every move he made, from the muscles in his face ease away from the strain of smiling to the inhaling and exhaling he did.
“Fine, and I wanted to do it the easy way…You're coming with me, princess.” His once azure eyes turned to a bright crimson.
Suddenly the man was gone from her sight…then reappeared to the right side of her and he was facing away from her. His arms were now folded over his chest and he had his eyes closed, he appeared deep in thought.
“Never mind that last remark…This will be easy, you haven't fed recently.” With that said, he suddenly hit Seras in the back of her neck, almost knocking her into unconsciousness and her vision became blurry.
The much taller vampire grabbed Seras by the neck and dragged her towards the wall of the darkened hallway. He held her up but her throat. “You're useless to Alucard, you know.” He smiled at her, letting the elongated fangs pass over his bottom lip.
“Since I forgot to do so earlier, though it won't matter anyway, I thought I'd tell you my name…and that name is Ábel. Forget the last name…I have no need for it now, I was born into this world of darkness as Abel…Oh look at me, going on like this… It won't matter to you anyhow,” Abel finished with another smirk.
Seras' eyes began to focus again and she struggled against his tight hold, which only made him tighten it more. `If I live through this and have enough information about him…Master would be pleased, or at least Integra would be…' Seras thought and submitted to him.
He let go of her throat but pinned her against the cold wall by her shoulders. Ábel brought his face closer to hers…As much as he disgusted her right now, she pretended to not mind at all. What would be the point anyway? She couldn't get free of his firm hold.
“I know all about you, you know. Seras Victoria, age nineteen, graduated early and followed in her dead father's footsteps. Tell me, princess…What happened to your mother?” Ábel grinned at her; he seemed to know at least a bit of the story already and took great pleasure in her discomfort.
“…” Seras preferred to not say anything to the vampire before her, he reminded her of Alucard. Playing mind games as he was.
“Fine, you don't have to answer, I'll find out one way or another…” Ábel leaned down and captured her lips with his warm ones and pushed his body further into hers. He slowly pulled away and locked his dark gaze with hers; his lips just barely touched her own. Abel spoke and his lips kept a ghost like touch.
“Aw, you still won't open up, huh?” Ábel sighed and Seras felt the warm breath tickle her lips as he did so. His double meaning not lost on her. “Let's try a different way then, shall we?” With that he pushed her blond head to the side and moved his mouth to her pale slender neck.
Panic filled the younger vampire as he mouth touched her cold skin.
Alucard starred at the small woman still on the floor. Amusement filled his dark scarlet eyes as he heard her start to chuckle.
“Vell, this ist much of a surprise, I must say.” The black haired woman started to stand.
“Alucard, am I right?” The girl dusted off her dress and jack, and then glared at him. “You really don't have any manners; you ruined my clothes. I suppose your owner didn't teach you any, hmm?”
Disregarding her question Alucard stepped forward into the room he'd destroyed. “What did you do to Seras?”
“I thought the Almighty Alucard vould already know, ja. How vould you know if anything ist vrong vith her anyvay?” The female vampire sighed loudly.
“A master always knows what is wrong with their childe…Or do you lack a proper master?” Alucard reached into his jacket for his other gun.
The younger vampire followed his movements and reached into her own black jacket.
The elder vampire stopped his movements for a moment, a frown appearing on his features. “It would seem the other piece of trash has become a problem for my childe…Interesting…” Alucard looked as though he were talking to himself, his eyes becoming distant.
The female vampire used his distant expression to her advantage and quickly pulled out her gun and ran towards the vampire who was currently lost in a daze. Amalia attempted to reappear in front of the elder vampire, but when she got to where she wanted Alucard was no longer in that spot.
“Shite…” Amalia growled to herself, she was as good as dead. She felt the presence of him behind her. She needed to think of something…and fast.
“Aren't you going to defend yourself?” Alucard seemed disappointed for the lack of reaction from the girl.
Alucard held his Jackal to the back of her head. “Who said I vasn't?” With that the female vampire turned around with immense speed and grabbed the barrel of Alucard's gun and pulled the elder vampire forward. Amalia kneed him in the groin and used her free arm to punch him, the punch sending him flying backwards into the far wall behind him.
Alucard managed to catch himself from falling after the impact. A huge crater was the result of his collision; she hadn't been able to take his gun away…The vampire slowly regained his wits and started to laugh. “Well, that was impressive…Such strength and speed…I haven't seen that in quite some time.” Alucard laughed as he regained his balance.
Amalia smiled and whispered, “Oh really? I've never seen such beautiful craftsmanship…” The female vampire said as she looked over the large silver gun in her pale hands.
Alucard stiffened and realized that she HAD grabbed his gun, just not the more powerful one…How fortunate he was…She'd somehow managed to reach inside his coat without his knowing and grab the object she desired…She must have done it right after she punched him and moved so quickly, so that when he was going backwards from her powerful blow she was able to grab it before he was too far away…This vampire was fast.
“I see…So you wanted that then?” Alucard said as he pulled off his now broken glasses and dropped them to the ground. Inside he was on fire, how dare she put her filthy hands on his gun! He made eye contact with the other vampire in the room…at least she wasn't a FREAK. That made it better, but only slightly.
“You know…By now my partner should have your pet drained completely. Vhy vorry about such a thing like myself? You should be more vorried about his sadistic nature und your precious `police girl', ja.” She started to chuckle a bit as she sensed Alucard's anger flare.
“Excuse my brevity in this situation, but the misbegotten here is getting on my nerves.” Alucard tightened his hold on the Jackel and quickly shot at her before she could do much of anything. First he shot the arm that was holding his prized pistol, which fell to the stone floor with a clunk.
Amalia glowered at the man and grabbed what was left of her bleeding limb. With a furious cry, she ran at him with all she had. Alucard continued to smirk at her, his gun held high enough to hit her square in the head…but he lowered the gun slightly and aimed towards the side of her neck…No it wouldn't kill her or anything, but it would be very painful.
`I'm still just a childe myself, there's no vay I could heal as quickly as him…Might as vell go out vith a bang,' she thought solemnly as she approached the elder vampire, but slowed when she noticed his aim was slightly off…not that she would say anything.
Amalia stopped in front of Alucard and was about to attack him again, but with intense speed Alucard reached out his arm and ran his fingers through her soft black locks, then wrapped some of her hair around his gloved fingers…none too gently. With a yank Alucard had her on her knees as she grimaced in pain.
“Now, before I end your misery…Tell me who your master is…Though, I suppose if you don't tell me I can always ask your cowardly partner,” Alucard said with a maniacal glee.
She looked up at the vampire but continued to stay quiet. They locked eyes again; her eyes were turning to a light green, the blood loss finally getting to her.
When she refused to speak Alucard pulled her hair rather harshly, making her scream in pain and grab at his arm. Alucard's eyes started to brighten up. “If you will not tell me, then you leave me no choice.”
Alucard put away his Jackal and reached his newly freed arm out; the Casull disappeared and then reappeared in his hand. With his other gun in hand Alucard made sure to aim directly at her jugular and fire once…For a vampire it would not be fatal, just very painful and would weaken her…He had other things to deal with at the moment.
The girl fell to the floor limply, the blood pooled around her and she started to make disgusting gurgling noises. Alucard strode over to the exit hole he'd made earlier. The vampire gave one last look over his shoulder at the dying woman on the floor. “Pathetic...too bad I don't have time to kill you, and it seems I will need you in the near future,” he whispered, and left quietly.
XXXXX
 
Seras awoke to the darkness. She could see nothing and it felt like she hadn't even opened her eyes. Her brow furrowed as she realized she was on a very uncomfortable and cold ground. A migraine was also making itself known as she started to sit up.
Everything from a few hours ago resurfaced and she also she wasn't alone in the room she was currently occupying. “You're awake…and I didn't even drink that much…Probably too shocked from my looks…?” Ábel chuckled softly at his attempt at humor.
“Where am I?” Seras said groggily, she knew she should try and fight this man, but her head was spinning and she wouldn't dare move at the moment unless he attacked first. She was still finding it difficult to focus on Ábel, and if he chose to battle her now, it would end badly.
“The same place as before; I'm waiting for someone…It would be rude of me to move from where I am and have her search for us all over the place, don't you think?” Ábel shifted and sat cross legged, he was directly in front of her still. Seras found the strength to sit up but soon realized he'd tied her hands together with some kind of wire, but he'd tied them so they were in front of her…The thin wire reminded her of Walter.
“Who are `we' waiting for?” Seras could now focus on the vampire before her and she glared. `Her, hmm, that's at least something to go on…' Seras thought while keeping her gaze on the man.
“Talkative aren't we?” Ábel did a scowl of his own.
“Don't answer a question with a question. Why did I pass out?” Seras asked quietly, she was ashamed of herself for losing consciousness and she didn't even know why it'd happened…that and she was being hypocritical…She knew that and he knew it too, for he was giving her a cold stare. Those looks that said “look who's talking.”
Ábel suddenly grinned at her. “Why…because I kissed you.” He added a wink after he'd said that. Seras just narrowed her cobalt eyes some more.
“You're too egotistical and dense for me to faint over you. What did you do?” Seras asked again.
Some of his bangs fell into his face as he sighed, his dark blue eyes closing as well. One gloved hand reached up and moved the free bangs back behind his right ear. He seemed almost child-like, but at other times, not so much.
“Geez…I gave you a drug, which my partner created. It's a sedative. Though, she never told me the name…But technically, you really did pass out from my lovely lips. I put some on my lips right before I kissed you, afterwards, you licked your lips…Though I'm not sure if you realized you had licked them or not…Either way, the drug's very fast even when passed through saliva,” Ábel replied with a smile.
There was a long pause between the two. After about fifteen minutes Ábel spoke up again, though this time it seemed like his whole demeanor had changed. “Someone is coming.”
She struggled against her binds as he continued to look at the wall behind her. His eyes seemed distant but were turning crimson once again. Seras felt strong enough to take him on once again…But the wires were cutting into her skin, though they were starting to go slack. Just before she'd broken free, Ábel reached his gloved hand out quickly and grabbed her smaller wrist and squeezed. He looked at her now; he was no longer smirking at her. The hold on her wrist began to tighten further, and then there came another presence in the darkened hallway…more importantly, a vampiric presence.
“Police girl, are you so weak that you can't get out of those pathetic wires yourself?” Alucard's velvety voice rang out through the passage, the voice didn't sound too happy; Seras gave him an irritated look before glancing at Ábel who stood up calmly.
“You weren't the person I was expecting to see so soon, I was actually hoping I could get a drink from your weak childe here…” Ábel commented with amusement as Seras doubled her efforts to get free from her binds.
Alucard had his gun in hand and looked ready to battle; his eyes were filled with glee at the idea of combat. Seras noted that his glasses were gone and he was probably the one to make the explosion and create such a mess…She frowned at this.
“What did you do with Amalia?” Ábel folded his arms over his chest while scowling at the older vampire.
“Amalia…Oh right, that piece of trash, how rude, she never told me her name beforehand. I am not one to lie; she's on the other side of the building…bleeding rather badly. Is that sad excuse for a vampire your fledgling or do I have to hunt your master too?” Alucard asked with irritation evident in his tone, but smiled nonetheless.
Ábel returned the grin as the shadows around him started to move and he began to disappear. The elder vampire growled slightly at the lack of action, but chuckled lightly once he realized Ábel was standing behind him, back to back. “Amalia is not mine…Surely you could've sensed that.”
The younger vampire moved quickly and pulled a gun of his own from his lower back. The gun looked very familiar to Seras as she watched the two face off, not only did his attitude remind her of a certain midian, but almost everything else did too…Though, his personality seemed like it would fit a much younger Alucard. After a few minutes of fighting, both vampires stopped their assault, and both were wounded; blood covered some of the floor as well. The smell of their blood reached her senses and Seras felt a strong urge to free her self of the annoying binds.
“Police girl, what did I just say about your binds, hmm?” Alucard shot a glare her way another bullet hit him in the shoulder, blood spurting from the wound and splashing on the ground. `I was getting to that…' Seras growled inside her thoughts.
Seras felt her eyes water as her eyes turned to that familiar crimson shade. Sheering pain made it self known to her as she struggled against the wires. The wire cut through her soft flesh as she fought against them and blood started to drip down her gloved hands. The blood wasn't warm as she thought it would be, but cold and sticky. With a small groan of pain the wires broke free and Seras got to her feet swiftly. Alucard and Ábel continued their battle, but neither was winning at the moment…maybe two against one would work.
As the bloodlust began to work its way through her veins, the Draculina ran at Ábel with all she had, completely forgetting the gun at her side. However, Ábel saw her out of the corner of his eye and jumped just as she made a swing at his body. Seras made a un-lady like snarl at the lack of combat she was receiving from the enemy. With a quick spin Seras glared at the vampire who had dodged the nonfatal attack.
The youngest vampire remembered the gun in her holster and grabbed at the steel object. With it loaded and ready to go, she aimed it at vampire who stood nonchalantly twenty feet away. `Why is he so calm?!' Seras thought and sneered at the man. `Wait…Where is Alucard?' Seras dropped her aim a bit and looked out of the corner of her eye. It seemed another vampire had joined the fight and was currently fighting him…The other female vampire was very exhausted from the looks of things and she wouldn't hold up much longer…she looked familiar.
“You let your guard down, princess,” a mocking voice said closely behind Seras. Panic filled her as she looked at the spot where Ábel used to be.
“Shit,” Seras cursed under her breath, and felt his arms quickly wrap around her, one of his arms pushing her right arm up and knocking the gun to the ground. The other arm grabbed tightly and twisted the limb behind her back.
She felt the familiar warm breath on her neck as Ábel began to speak. “You are important to this `mission' and I cannot kill you, as easy as it would be. Alucard would be disappointed if he saw you in such a state, disgusted even…Look at him over there; he's not even worried about you. I know you have some sort of feelings for that…that thing. He will never return them. Deny it all you want. You're nothing compared to his almighty Hellsing. Hell, Lord Alucard wouldn't even care if I slit your throat right here and now…Perhaps, you should come with us…? I promise it won't disappoint…I'll give you anything you want.” Ábel gently licked the skin of her neck, the warmth of his tongue sending a shiver down her spine…
“No…don't touch me!” Seras' eyes glowed as rage filled her; how dare he touch in such a way!
Even though her eyes stung from the unshed tears, she managed to get out of his grasp and elbow him in the gut with strength she didn't know she possessed. Ábel let go of her arm with a grunt and doubled over, but kept himself from falling to the floor. “Bitch…” Ábel growled and held his stomach, she wasn't supposed to have such strength…no vampire ever had…that he knew of. She would have ripped out his stomach had he not let go of her arm in time.
Seras took her fighting stance and faced him once again, tears threatening to spill over as she glared at him. She had no idea why it affected her so; she'd never had any feeling for her master. It felt wrong in a strange way, maybe it was because he felt like her teacher. And now wasn't the time to think about such things.
With the room filled with such darkness Seras couldn't make out where her gun lay, and the tears didn't help her focus either. Suddenly Ábel smiled at her, as creepy as it was it was still a beautiful smile in its own right. She couldn't help but think of Alucard as she gazed upon his pale face.
Ábel continued to smile at her and talk telepathically to his master…Alucard was still too busy fighting his `sister' to even notice the sudden stop.
XXXXX
 
A loud shriek ran out through the dense forest. a young woman in tattered clothes ran through the woods, small wounds covering her worn out body. She didn't know how long she'd been running, but it felt like an eternity. The poor woman had just escaped a crazed group of men, she wasn't sure what they wanted exactly…but they'd done terrible things to her. From the beginning she knew they weren't normal, but she'd been too drunk to argue too much about them leading her away from the bar stool she planted herself on.
Perhaps they'd put something in her drink to make her feel so strange…
Whatever it was, it didn't matter at the moment. She needed to find the police and fast. The young woman heard a twig snap behind her and she doubled her efforts. Whatever they were, they were certainly not human, as they had so much strength and energy. Here she was, almost falling asleep from exerting her self so much, though the fear and instinct of certain death helped her create more adrenalin.
“It's useless, little girl!” came one of the many strong male voices she'd heard over the past few hours. She gave no reply, that would give away her location to her captors, but something told her they already knew. The clearing was visible now, just a few more yards… She could see the city lights beaming. She could also see a she was heading towards a cliff…It didn't matter; maybe she could hide herself against the cliff side.
Suddenly, as the clearing became even more apparent, so did a loose tree root as it wrapped it self around her ankle. The loose root made her lose her footing and she fell to the lost woodland spoil below. As she hit the ground her mind screamed at her, `NO!' Hot tears started to seep down her cheeks and the dirt stuck to her face, she knew it was over now. All the thoughts of her family and friends flashed before her eyes, the memories bringing more tears.
“Stop crying,” a sensual feminine voice called out, some snickers could be heard to.
The teenage girl looked up with her eyes sore and red from crying. There in front of her stood five people. All of which had black cloaks on. The one in the middle being the shortest, she figured it was leader and the female she'd heard. The most notable thing about the group was that all of them had red glowing eyes. Other than the ruby orbs, she couldn't see their faces. The one in the middle took a step forward and removed the hood of her cloak. The moon's light shining down on her pale features, and her eyes stopped the glowing effect and now were a golden brown. Her hair was a fiery red and it matched her lipstick perfectly.
“You will stop your pathetic weeping and sit up…” The leader paused and waited for the young girl to wipe her tears away and stand. “Did I say stand?” she asked curtly and the girl instantly sat on her heels, starring at the woman before her. Fear was no longer in her eyes as she gazed upon the red headed beauty, though her eyes were clouded and dazed.
“Come closer and kneel, the leader said firmly, and the girl obeyed. “Good girl.” The older woman smiled down at her, and cupped the young girl's chin gently.
“I will not ask you if you want this or not, nor do I care. You are my prey and you will be eaten here and now,” the leader stated rather harshly and the brunette before her nodded, in an almost robotic way. “My name is Elizabeth, but that doesn't really matter, does it,” she said rather than asked.
Without hesitation, Elizabeth kneeled as well, tilted the girls pretty head to the side and bit roughly into the soft flesh. A small protest from came from the girl as the fangs went through her soft flesh. After a few moments of draining the girl, Elizabeth pulled back and pushed the still bleeding girl away from her, the brunette went to the ground limply.
A stony glare was shot at them and she growled slightly. “Well, do I have to spell it out for you guys?” With that she stood and sat on the cliff to look over the city of London…hopefully she would have her little sacrifice soon; she hated to wait.
When she noticed her children all starring at her, she laughed. “Don't look at me like lost puppies… You know what to do; make sure she doesn't turn into a ghoul then drop her off in some random part of the forest and make it look like a robbery or just random murder…Though that wouldn't be far from the truth.” Elizabeth said the last part more to herself than to her lackeys. As she turned around to gaze at the moon she could hear the small shuffle of clothing as her men moved to pick up the corpse. After a few seconds she could feel she was finally alone.
Dropping her guard just slightly, Elizabeth laid down on the rocky edge and gazed blankly at the stars. `Alucard…' Her eyes began to turn into a reddish brown at the thought…He'd abandoned her long ago for some rich whore…How long ago was that again? Elizabeth sighed and closed her beautiful crimson eyes; she'd never had the best memory for those sorts of things.
Suddenly, a tingling feeling in her spine appeared and the hairs on the back of her neck rose. `What is it Ábel?' she asked impatiently through the connection they shared. Though he was her lover and former childe, he still got on her nerves.
`We have a problem…' an even angrier reply came from Ábel.
XXXXX
 
A/N: Oh…my…god! It's just a little bit longer by um, 7 pages!! Yeah, you like that huh? Wink win—dear god I am so freaking creepy! Haha, review if ya want!