Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven Forbid ❯ A Haunting Reminiscence ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal
Damnation. Amen.
 
 
 
 
Heaven Forbid
By: Spanky K
 
Author's Note: I do not own Hellsing… but I wish I did… Enjoy the story, everyone! ^.^
 
 
 
Monday; London, England; August 2:11 pm
Hellsing Organization
 
 
 
The orange harvest sun seeped through the blinds of the main office of the Hellsing Organization. A tall green-dressed woman lit her cigar and stared out at the beauty of the blue afternoon sky. Her glasses glowed at the streams of sunlight escaping into the room. Softly, Sir Integra Wingates Hellsing stroked the silver cross that dangled from her neck as she exhaled a cloud of smoke.
 
“What is so amusing about the outside world?” asked a voice from behind unexpectedly, goosing her slightly. She shook off the small shock.
 
“I'm just admiring the afternoon sun,” she said straightening back out. “And you, Alucard, are supposed to be with Ms. Seras Victoria looking up the mission from last week… with those freak chips? Remember?”
 
The tall and dark handsome man with the floppy red fedora hat and small red-tinted glasses laughed and walked up closer, looking at the same view as Integra. “Why do you do that?”
 
“Do what? What are you talking about?” she asked not even bothering to make eye contact with him, even yet look at him. Her eyes were fixed on the beauty of the August nature as she viewed the rest of the castle along way.
 
“Look in the distance. Everyday, Master, this is what you do. This is where you stand, just gazing along the same spot.” Alucard looked puzzled for a minute, “What's so amusing about the outside world?” he asked again.
 
Integra didn't reply. Her stone-hard stern face stayed in the serious expression she wore everyday.
 
Alucard chuckled. “I'll never understand humans…” Integra continued to gaze out the window as Alucard left the room. She sighed and polished her glasses with the soft rag she wore in her pocket.
 
Alucard walked back down into the basement where his room awaited with a comfortable throne and a package of refreshing medical blood. He walked over and slumped himself on the tall padded chair and let out a tired sleepy sigh. He helped himself to a glass of blood while he wiped the dusty remains of previous vampires he battled off of his guns. He looked at the lettering: Jesus Christ is in Heaven now it said. He took off his hat and set it upon the half-empty wine-bottle. He giggled feebly and tiredly, “I'll never understand humans,” he said once more before falling asleep.
 
“Count! You've nothing once more. You're nothing compared to you're father! Everything's over for you, No-Life King, you've nothing.
 
The demonic minister plunged a wooden steak into his heart.
 
“You'll never be like your father!” he screamed once more as he sunk it in deeper in his opponents heart. “You're nothing, Count!”
 
Count Alucard coughed, spewing up blood as he did so. He breathed heavily as Alexander Anderson, a man he had encountered before, twisted the steak around in circles, splintering his heart.
 
“Have I finally been defeated?” he asked to himself, “Could this finally be the end?” Just then, a scream, not of Seras's, but another female scream was heard.
 
“MASTER ALUCARD!” she had screamed in tears. This young girl, who was so familiar to him, almost as if they had known each other for quite a while, ran over to him in tears of blood and shook his shoulders. She laid her forehead on his chest, crying for his sake, calling out his name along with the title “Master”. He closed his eyes to the repeating scream of his name from the young girl. Repeating… repeating… repeating…
 
“Master Alucard?”
 
Alucard jumped, awakening from the horrible dream. “I was… dreaming?” he asked himself. He looked down to find spilled blood on his glove and a broken crystal glass shattered into pieces on the tile. He lowered his head and shivered at the thought of his nightmare he had encountered.
 
“Master? Are you alright?” asked young Seras Victoria with concern.
 
“Who was that girl?” Alucard asked himself out loud.
 
“Girl? Master, there wasn't—.”
 
“No, police girl, I mean,” he paused, “… Police girl… how did you get in here anyway? The door's—.”
 
“Locked. I know,” she said. She held up a pair of dangling golden skeleton keys from her finger. “Sir Integra lent me the keys. Master, you were supposed to be researching with Walter and me, but you never showed.”
 
“You haven't been drinking again, have you?” he asked in a stern voice.
 
“Master… I- I don't—.”
 
“Police girl,” he began with the same talk they've had multiple times, “I told you. You chose to become like you are. You can't change that night. Once I've drank your blood, you are officially a child of the undead. You have to drink the blood, or else you will grow weak.”
 
“I'm… sorry, Master. I'll try, but something's restricting me. It's not right… I feel like I'm turning into something so inhuman…”
 
“Police girl, you are inhuman. You've lost your humanity, what else is there? You have no choice. Drink the blood. That's all.”
 
“Yes, Master…” she bowed respectively to him and began to leave until Alucard stopped her. “Seras,” he has said, making her stop.
 
“Yes, Master?”
 
“Tell Walter I'll be there tomorrow. I don't feel quite lively tonight. He'll understand.”
 
“Yes, Master.”
 
As Seras left the room, Alucard sighed and rested the side of his head on his palm. He twilled with his old silver gun, which was unloaded. Who was that girl? I knew her in the dream… Oh reminiscence… how it can fool you so…
 
And yet I don't know her here…
 
As the evening sun hid behind the mountains, Alucard emerged from the darkness of his large stone-built room. Oddly, the day ran unusually slow. There were no calls complaining about “man-eating” vampires or “blood-sucking freaks”.
 
It was a full moon. Alucard felt so thirsty and hungry. It was one of “those” nights. He licked his fangs and smirked. He thought he should run to Hellsing's family butler, Walter C. Dollneaz, and get a package of fresh medical blood they kept stored away for special needs… such as this one.
 
From the distance, he could hear the ruckus of drunken teenagers, driving insanely in a convertible car, from what distance looked to be black. He could hear one of them shout what sounded to be “This feels awesome!!!”
 
Alucard chuckled with a snicker. “You won't think the same tomorrow,” he sneered.
 
As he finally emerged into the room, Walter sat in a chair at his desk with a pair of reading glasses. He was reading papers and reports sent from the civilians to the Hellsing Organization. He was startled by Alucard's appearance.
 
“Oh,” Walter choked, “Sir Alucard, what a surprise! Oh, you scared me,” he said putting his hand on his chest, appearing to be where his heart was. “I heard from Miss Victoria that you didn't feel quite well, so we'll do the research another time,” he replied with a smile. “Was there anything you needed, sir?”
 
“Actually, yes,” Alucard began, “Do you hold any of the little packages of transfusion blood?”
 
“Yes indeed,” he said with a respectful bow, “Right this way, sir.”
 
Alucard was very tired. He felt no interest in sleeping on another throne. For once, in months, he wanted a bed. Although he was a vampire, he was comfortable having his head on a pillow. After about 6 packages of medicated blood were drank, he finally satisfied his hunger and rested upon the bed, where he slept soundly for the rest of the night.
 
“Master Alucard?” said the familiar voice again.
 
He opened his eyes to the same familiar face.
 
“Are you alright?” her long dark brunette hair hung in front of her shoulders.
 
“Karen?”
 
The girl nodded, her red eyes met with his and her freckles moved with her cheeks. Her waist-length hair hung long and flowed with every move she made. Her fangs hung over her bottom teeth. She appeared to be one of his kind: A Bloodsucker; A Child of the Undead; A True Vampire…
 
Alucard felt surprisingly warm in his heart. He smiled at the pretty young girl. She returned the favor with a mere grin. “I'm glad you're better, Master…” she said as Seras walked into the room. Oddly, she had a frightened expression on her face.
 
Alucard awoke instantly. He looked around and found nothing to be rather frightening. Not only that, but there was no sign of Seras either. He pondered at what had just happened. Nothing had happened. It was just another dream, he thought. Her again? Who is she? Have I met her before? Alucard thought.
 
It was very early in the morning, just touching dawn. A small amount of greenish-blue light was silhouetted between the massive mountains and the purple dying night sky. He walked outside and slipped his hat over his head along with his glasses over his eyes. He stared into the distance, his tension growing as the light shined brighter. He could see all the high school students walk to class in their black and white gothic-like sailor school uniforms. They seemed like the military itself rather than students.
 
From the mid-distance, he saw a familiar sight. It caught his eye as the students continued to walk by. One girl: only one of them caught his attention. Though he had never seen her, he felt as if he had known her an eternity. The teenaged girl looked over to him and from a distance seemed to look like she gasped. Her books fell on the cement as she stood shocked and she and Alucard were still, glazing at one another for what seemed like no end.