Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven Forbid ❯ First in Forever's Time ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame…
 
 
Chapter 2
 
 
Alucard began to walk over to her. She backed away slightly. Alucard walked up to her and looked at her close. She began to run away until he shouted, “Stop for a minute!”
 
She turned around; her fairly short hair (more on the long side) whipped around her face and fell perfectly back in place. “Have we met before?” asked Alucard.
 
“You were the one in my-I don't know, I jus-just leave me alone!” she shouted, “You're not normal! You're the one from that Hellsing Organization! You're `one of them'! You're a vampire!” she screamed as she ran away in the direction of all the other students.
 
“Why are you so frightened?” asked Alucard quietly to himself. “I'm merely a little different…” The expression on his face was slightly hurt. “I'm just judged…”
 
“Ah! Master!” shouted Seras from back in the entranceway to Hellsing. She smiled and waved. He smiled weakly. “Come on inside before the sun comes out,” she said squinting at the incoming dawn.
 
Alucard began to walk back into the darkness as the sun emerged from behind the mountains until he stopped. He looked back once more at the remaining students still walking to class. There was no sign of the girl that he found to be so close to him. She is probably already gone and never coming back, he thought. He had already done enough just by being who he is; being something he cannot help but being. And just the thought of him being a vampire would send anyone running away scared. He knew he wasn't what they all thought. He wouldn't simply go around and kill mortals just because he was thirsty. Never would he do such a thing… but why was he not accepted by any passerby? It's probably the same reason for everyone else, he thought again as he dragged himself back into the darkness of the underground room, just in time before the sun came out.
 
From his underground cellar, he could hear Integra yelling into the black phone. He thought about the girl he saw. She kept playing over and over in his mind. He could have sworn he had known her; he had known her for such a good while… but he had known her when she was older. It made no sense whatsoever, he thought. She knew about him, only that much he knew… but how?
 
Alucard took off his hat and his glasses and let his long black hair flow out of his suit. It was morning at last, and he knew that he would be there for the rest of the day until night finally emerged again. His thoughts were interrupted by a knocking on his door. He lay kicked back on his bed with his hands resting behind his head. It was Walter.
 
“Sir, there seems to be a day walker terrorizing Cheddar High School. Since you are unable to resist sunlight, Sir Integra is sending in some soldiers to—.”
 
“Cheddar High School? The one right across from here?” asked Alucard unexpectedly.
 
“Unless my information is incorrect, yes sir, the one right across the way.”
 
“Then what about the girl…” he asked himself out loud
 
“Girl, sir?”
 
“There's no time to explain, Walter. I need to get there right away… this will be a lot of fun,” Alucard snickered.
 
“But sir, the sun, you can't—.”
 
“Fetch my suit and my hat… my glasses, too.”
 
“Umm, yes sir.”
 
Luckily for Alucard, the sun was just starting to shine. It was unexpectedly foggy that morning. He hurriedly walked, shielding his whole face with his collar and his hat as he drifted through the morning fog. It was hard to see during daylight hours for him. The whole school was dead silent. From a faint distance, he could hear a man talking in a threatening fashion. Alucard tried opening the door, but the silver barrier prevented him from doing so. Without care or caution, he shot the door down with his .454 Casull Auto semi-automatic pistol. Everyone, including teachers and other staff members, turned shocked.
 
“Who do you think you are?” asked a tall man, about 6 feet tall and hair that just barely hung below his jaw. His black fedora hat matched the color of his mustache and hair alike. He held a young female student captive under his arm. It was the same one from before. Alucard looked at her faintly shocked. Her eyes looked into his, pleading for help. The man began to press his arm harder on her neck. She coughed and chocked. His forearm pressed against her neck as she kept both hands on it, trying to pry them off of her throat. It did no good.
 
“Who do you think you are; terrorizing all these people? They're just kids. This is a school, not the Hellsing Organization,” remarked Alucard while a couple of teens gasped.
 
“Wait a second, so you're—.”
 
Alucard snickered. “My name is a bit of an anagram.”
 
The man sneered. “I've been waiting… Alucard... Son of Dracula...”
 
(Me: I know in the anime series, Alucard really IS Count Dracula… but inside my fanfic he's his son… I'm sorry! >.< Please proceed with the story. Sorry for the interruption.)
 
“That's what they all say. You're exactly like the rest of them, I guess… harming these innocent teenagers. You're pathetic. Is that really the best you can do? Come on now, we're both vampires. Humans are defenseless against us. Do you really insist on pestering these teens rather than taking on someone more your type? Someone like me?”
 
The man pulled out a massive gun from the inside of his leather vest. He fired and nicked the corner of Alucard's shoulder. Alucard laughed as the man continued to shoot him in the chest. He laughed even harder at the shocked expression on his face. “I'm not going to die that easily. Come on; is dying what you really expect from a Nosferatu?” Alucard regenerated his body with the help of the bats, who came scattering through the window.
 
The girl screamed. Alucard looked at her quickly, startled.
 
The sniper held the gun up to her head. He smiled widely at Alucard. “One more step, and the girl's dead.”
 
“Hmmm…. Oh really?” Alucard pulled out his 13 mm mercury explosive gun once more. “These bullets were made from the steel from the cross of the Lanchester Cathedral. In other words, they're silver and I don't think a varmint like you can sustain that. I think you'll be the first to go before anyone else.”
 
“And what about the girl?” asked the man with the same expression as he had before. “You'll have to kill her too.”
 
“So you're using her as a shield, you coward.” He looked at her and spoke mentally into her eyes: I know you don't want to die tonight…
 
The man scowled and threw the girl aside as hard as he could. She hit the wall and slid unconsciously to the floor. Just as he did so, Alucard pulled the trigger and the precious silver bullet deposited into his chest. Within an instant, he had already turned to dust and drifted away to places unknown.
 
From lust to dust… Amen…
 
Every teenager was speechless. A few of them were crying. Ignoring all the rest, Alucard walked straight up to the unconscious girl. Blood trickled down her temple and her mouth. He refused to lick up the spilled blood that shed from the young girl. He felt a restriction from deep at the pit of his senses… no matter how hungry he was. He cradled her head in his arms. She slowly came to and opened her eyes to Alucard's smile. She shouted and squirmed. She screamed while trying to escape the grasp of Alucard.
 
Alucard kept her down without harming or hurting her in any way. He was actually quite gentle. “Don't squirm around, you're hurt…”
 
“I don't care!” she cried, “Let me go, you peasant! I don't trust you! You're a monster! You're the one who killed my father!”
 
“You're father—?”
 
Alucard was interrupted by teeth sinking into his arm. She bit him and tried to get him to let go of her. He merely stared in grief.
 
“Yes, you! You were the one from my dream!”
 
Alucard gasped and released his grip. His jaw hung limp as he stood stunned. The girl ran down the hall, dripping blood along the way.
 
From lashes to ashes… Amen…
 
Alucard stood up and swayed, almost loosing balance as he watched the crying girl break down on her knees in the hallway, sobbing helplessly onto the white blood-stained tile floor. Just as he stared out of the hall window to his right, the FBI and the Police were already there. The blue and red lights shone and gleamed off of Alucard's eyes as the siren squealed. He felt inner grief crawling up from the bottom of his heart. He sighed and walked outside, covered up in his Victorian fashion. Just as the Hellsing Organization troops were about to stampede into the double doors, Alucard held up his hand and signaled them to stop. He didn't even bother to look as he did so. He stared directly at the ground as he made his way back to his dark little room at the one special place in the cellar of the mansion. The remainder of the day, Alucard spent the majority of the time lost in thought.
 
The girl was taken to the hospital immediately after the organization took control of the scene and the London Police Department departed from the area. She was given transfusion blood to substitute the blood lost. She lay in the hospital bed with an IV in her left wrist and an oxygen mask muzzling her face. Her heart rate was being measured. It was now around seven in the evening and it seemed Cheddar High School would be closed for a few weeks, leaving her in the hospital for what seems to be most of the time. She heard her room door open. “Mum?” she asked hopefully.
 
It wasn't a female after all. She could the man's steps of his boots hit the tile floor with every step he took. She could feel someone tall come her way. The next thing she saw was colorful tulips and pansies along with a few pink and red roses emerge into the door along with a gift-tag dangling off of a red rose. A white gloved hand opened the hospital door as the man unknown stood smiling at her. She screamed in horror. “It's you!”
 
Alucard put his finger to his lips. “There's no need to shout, school girl.”
 
“Why are you here?”
 
Alucard set the bouquet of flowers on her side table. He sat on her bedside and stared straight into her eyes. “I'm just making sure you're okay and you didn't die or anything related,” Alucard smiled, “Karen Elizabeth Haven…”
 
She gasped. “How-how do you know my name?”
 
Alucard laughed a little. “You know my name, don't you? I'm familiar to you aren't I? You've seen me somewhere before. You know me… from a dream.”
 
Karen looked away. “I… I don't… know…” she shed a tear.
 
Alucard smiled and leaned down further, making Karen pull the covers up over her mouth. Her heart beat went up. “Sure you do. I'm the one who sucked your blood and made you a pure dracurina; a pure vampiress.”
 
Karen lowered her head as tears dripped onto the teal sheets. Alucard raised Karen's head, putting the side of his hand under her chin. He rested his eyes into hers.
 
“You're mortal, school girl. I can change all that for you. I can mix your blood with mine and you'll become a true—.”
 
“No!” Karen exclaimed, swiping his hand off her face. “Get out…” she growled. Alucard merely stared with a slightly hurt look. He rose up off the bedside and put on his hat along with his coat along the way out the door. He looked back once more, but then lowered his head and continued to make his way to his destination.