Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven Forbid ❯ Connections From an Unknown World ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

For the man was formerly addressed as Count…
 
 
Chapter 3
 
 
“Hello Ms Haven. How are you today?” asked Doctor Hogan Kiel, a former German immigrant from Munich.
 
Karen didn't answer.
 
“Would you like something from the cafeteria?” he asked in a kind way with his strong German accent.
 
“No… I'm not hungry,” she said as she rolled over on her side.
 
“Oh okay… Well if you need anything, just buzz in and we'll assist you,” he said wiping his stethoscope while he headed out the door.
 
“Okay. Thanks.”
 
A few minutes after Dr. Kiel left the room, Karen rested on her bed as she lay lost in wonder.
 
“You are mortal, school girl…”
 
Karen squinted.
 
I can change all that for you…”
 
She turned on her other side, trying to bear her mental interference.
 
“A pure Draculina… a true Vampiress…”
 
She sat up and put her hand on her forehead. She sighed at the thought that he was officially starting to haunt her mind. Karen hated creatures like Alucard. In fact, it was against Heaven's will to even tact with someone like him, so she was told by her father… but why was this happening all of a sudden? Carefully, she grasped the thin silver cross dangling from her neck. `Why is this happening, father?' she asked herself.
 
Karen's father, Trevor Winston Haven, was recently killed in a war in Britain. She could remember one fall evening when she saw her father for the last time. He left her with a blessed silver cross to wear around her neck about five years ago. One summer afternoon, she was called out of school to be informed her father had just been shot. She can remember the red, white, and blue Great Britain flag covering the solid oak coffin as he was carried by his fellow soldiers in respect to his final resting place. Young Karen, along with her mother, Rhonda Lira Haven, stood dressed in black, crying their silent tears as their beloved father and husband was buried with the earth, where he would lay for an eternity. Karen, now almost sixteen, still has haunting memories of her father's tragic death.
 
Karen lay back lazily on the rock-hard hospital bed. She shifted and shuffled until she finally managed to score a comfortable position. She stared up at the unfamiliar ceiling, which was covered up by the glare of the bright lights. She squinted until her eyes finally adjusted. Her eyes finally shut after some time of thinking, occasionally being interrupted by visions and thoughts of Alucard. She slowly fell into a light nap-like sleep. She fell into a deeper sleep as minutes passed. It finally got to the point where her dreams took her all the way in, falling into the deepest sleep she'd had in quite some time. After all, this was her first time in about a day. Her dreams carried on…
 
She could feel the fangs so sharp sink into her neck, her head spinning from bloodlust. She breathed heavily as her arms were around the hips of her master. She rubbed his back so thoroughly and caringly as the heat of the romantic moment affected them both. A feeling of sexual tension grew between the two as her blood was being drunk slowly.
 
It was only of his natural instinct to get this feeling. She could feel his tongue venture into her wound, consuming any trace of blood outside of the puncture from his fangs. She could feel this was more than just a feast of desire. His hands were rested around her back as he cradled her like an infant on the cold stone ground. He caressed her so tenderly and carefully, almost as if she were fragile and was to break if mishandled. She was like a precious jewel in the possession of someone so dear to her: Alucard, her only and dearest master.
 
Alucard played with the wound a little bit with his tongue. As he pulled his lips away from her neck, the wound closed up before his eyes. He laughed as Karen moaned “Master” impatiently. He kissed and nibbled at her neck. “What are you doing?” she asked.
 
Alucard bit her earlobe softly and nuzzled his nose behind it. “Do you think it's wrong?” he asked, holding her close to him.
 
Karen wrapped around him closer, tossing her legs in his lap and resting her head on his chest. Alucard sat down and ran his fingers through her hair. She didn't say anything. She only sighed.
 
School gir- no, I mean, Karen…” he began, “You are a true draculina now, love…”
 
Karen blinked.
 
Alucard put his finger of his right hand on the tip of her fang. “You have fangs, now… You have to drink blood, or else you will become weak and unable to resume your life as a vampiress…”
 
“Master, I…”
 
“It was your decision… It was for the better. We can live our lives together without the worries of death to separate us… But remember, Karen Elizabeth Haven… Life was only made precious with death,” he told her. She merely stared, her eyes halfway shut. `She must be so tired,' he thought. He smiled and kissed each corner of her mouth tenderly, then moving on to her lips. “There's no need to call me `master' anymore… Karen…”
 
Karen smiled. “But you are… you'll always be my master, dearest Alucard
 
Karen woke up in a heartbeat. She sat up and felt her pulse in her neck. It was still going at a normal speed. She sighed and flopped back onto her pillow. `What does this monster want out of me?' she asked herself. Did I love him?
 
Back at the Hellsing Organization, Alucard didn't speak to anyone. He acted as if someone had died and he was to respect their memory. He spent the day with his shades and his large-rimmed fedora off. He let his hair hang its normal length and kept his vest unbuttoned and his trench coat off. He felt so lazy for once. A few hours passed and it was dark outside. The pale light of the early moon shone through the halls. Alucard thought about going to visit Karen in the hospital, but refused. `I'll just disturb her… she needs rest, anyway…' he thought to himself. `Well…' he thought again, `I guess I could go over for a while…'
 
Alucard left the house unnoticed. Integra was too busy talking to the men at the round table to notice anything more. Alucard kept walking on slowly as he basked in the moonlight. He stretched and let the pale light gleam down on him for a brief moment, then continued to walk along. He couldn't help but smile as the night warmed his heart. It was truly beautiful, indeed…
 
About five minutes later, Alucard arrived at the doors of the London Hospital. It was now around nine at night.
 
He tipped his hat to the nurse. “Good evening,” he said kindly, “may I see Ms. Haven in room 102?”
 
“To the right on the third floor,” she said smiling. “Visiting hours are almost over. They end at 9:30.”
 
“Thank you, ma'am.”
 
 
Alucard walked up the narrow staircase. Two stories later, he finally reached the level he was going for. He walked passed 99… 100… 101… 102…
 
As he stood in front of that very door, he began to get a little nervous. He twisted the doorknob and slowly walked inside. Karen was there, lying on her bed looking out the window. She slowly turned her head to the left to see who just intruded into her door. Karen gasped. “It's you… again?”
 
Alucard looked to see that the flowers he had given her were sitting right where he had set them before, only in a vase with water to keep them fresh. He figured one of the nurses had done it.
 
Alucard tipped his hat for the second time today. “I just wanted to drop by to see how you were doing… Feeling any better?”
 
“I thought I told you to leave,” she said angrily yet shocked at the same time.
 
“Do you think that's really going to stop me, school girl?”
 
Karen blinked.
 
Alucard chuckled. “The same face you had in the dream…” Alucard shrugged his shoulders and pushed his sunglasses further up his nose.
 
Karen gasped. “You had… it… t-wha wha wha wait now, hold on a second here! You're meaning to tell me that… did your dream, or nightmare, involve any blood-sucking disgusting scenes?”
 
“… It's not disgusting… It's a very beautiful moment… and yes, excluding the `disgusting'.”
 
“No joke... are you serious?”
 
“It was your decision… It was for the better. We can live our lives together without the worries of death to separate us… But remember, Karen Elizabeth Haven… Life was only made precious with death,” he said as he had said mentally before.
 
Karen gasped and sat silent. She looked at him. “What is going on?” she asked faintly in a teary voice. She lowered her head back down. “This is so strange…”
 
There was a long moment of silence. Alucard sat with his hands together as he stared at the ground. He sighed and rose up off of the seat and walked over to her bed. She shrunk down a little bit as a tall Alucard stood before her. He put his finger on her neck about where her Adams apple was. Then he slid his fingers slowly to her pulse, just below her ear. He felt the veins as they pumped blood. He monitored her pulse for a few seconds then pulled his hand away. Karen did nothing.
 
“Your blood… it's warm… you're blood is pure, a virgin I say. Am I correct?”
 
“What kind of a question is that?” asked Karen in a hateful tone.
 
“A simple one. Simply yes or no.”
 
“What do you think?” she growled. She turned her head away, crossing her arms.
 
Alucard chuckled. “You sure are a stubborn one, school girl.”
 
“What!” she yelled, turning back around.
 
“I said you're stubborn. There's nothing wrong with that, is there? It shows you have much pride in yourself—.”
 
“Look, what are you even doing here?”
 
“Like I said before, I'm just checking to see if you're okay. That bump looked pretty bad and—.”
 
“Yeah? Well I'm fine and I don't need you here to make everything worse,” Karen snapped, returning to her cross-armed position she was in before.
 
Alucard smiled wider, showing his teeth. “You're difficult!” he laughed.
 
Karen kept her head turned away, but she let a weak smile spread her lips as she blushed faintly. She chuckled to herself.
 
“You know my name, don't you?” asked Alucard.
 
“Yes, Alucard, I do,” replied Karen, the same smile still faintly on her face.
 
Alucard smiled.
 
Karen gasped. “But... how did I know that?” she asked, looking at him.
 
“It's from the dream, school girl. Somehow, I don't really know why, but our dreams are connected. He smirked a little bit. “I think it may even see into the future,” he laughed as Karen blushed angrily.
 
“Ewww! Get out!” she exclaimed. She laughed. She was about to rise up off the bed, but Alucard stopped her.
 
“Don't get up, school girl, you might hurt yourself,” he smiled. He waved goodbye, since visiting hours were over anyway, and opened the door, getting ready to leave back to the organization.
 
“Hey, umm...” Karen stuttered.
 
Alucard turned around. “Yes?” he asked politely with a smile.
 
“Ummm... Tomorrow, visiting hours are 24 hours... umm... yeah, so you don't have to worry about a specific time...”
 
“Would you mind if I came?” he asked.
 
“Umm... no I don't guess...”
 
Alucard smiled wider. “Well, I'll see you tomorrow then,” he waved, “Goodnight.”
 
“Night.”