Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Old and New ❯ Chapter 3 - Revenge ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Hellsing!

Author's note: I've done away with the titles at the end of the names. It is kinda of silly writing it. I've only seen the anime in Japanese so whenever I write or say the names, the titles just pop up.

Old and New

Chapter Three - Revenge

Andrea Andove went out to personally greet Ms. Hellsing when she saw the car out front bearing the Hellsing crest. She wanted to be the first one to see what sort of man the Ice Queen had dragged to this affair.

She had always hated Integra. They had gone to the same school briefly. She doubted that Integra remembered. She had been so cold and sophisticated even back then. All the boys were secretly in love with her. But the Ice Queen didn't care about boys.

So Integra got all of the boys attention, while Andrea had had to do unspeakable things to get them to notice her. Well, look at us now. I'm beautiful, rich and happy. And you are a stone cold bitch who dresses like a man and chases after things that go bump in the night.

Andrea watched as Walter opened his door and stepped out from behind the driver's seat. He opened Integra's door and helped her out before moving to the other door. "What a lovely suit you are wearing." Andrea fairly gushed. `Did you borrow it from your date?' She thought. Speaking of dates. Walter was just letting him out now.

She took in his height, the crimson coat and hat, the orange glasses, the black suit and boots. Her hand went to her mouth as her eyes widened in horror. She had seen pictures, her husband had shown her, of the figure in front of her. Tearing into flesh and delighting in the bloodshed. She glared at Integra. That bitch, that whore, had brought this monster, this THING to her home.

Integra smiled serenely back at her.

"Do come in." Andrea's glare was almost as frosty as Integra's. She turned on her heel sharply and walked back indoors. She wasn't going to let Integra ruin this for her.

***

Alucard leaned against a wall, half obscured by a large potted plant. He watched as Integra mingled. He wasn't expected to jump through hoops yet. So he was waiting until Integra summoned him.

As if she had heard his thoughts, which was impossible of course, Integra turned to him. `Mingle.' She said into his mind. `You're scaring people just standing in the shadows like that.'

`And what shall I talk about? How my Jackal's ammo is three times larger than legal munitions? Or how you could rip the arms and legs off of a ghoul and it would still attack you?'

Integra swore. A man at her elbow started. He turned to her in surprise. "Excuse me, but are you Ms. Hellsing?" He didn't wait for an answer. "You must be, I've heard of your beauty."

Deeply surprised, Integra turned her attention away from Alucard. She held out her hand for a shake. "Thank you, Mister, uh…"

He took her hand, turned it palm down and kissed it lightly. "Sebastion Madsen. I am an acquaintance of Mr. Andove's from Sweden. I apologize if my English is poor."

"No, it's fine." Integra said, still bewildered. She couldn't place what unsettled her so. He was of average height and width, with brown hair and brown eyes. A person you could pass by without noticing.

Alucard appeared silently behind Integra like some demented shadow come to life. He was intensely curious about this man who had kissed his master's hand.

Sebastion turned to him. "Ah you must be the famed Alucard." He had released Integra's hand and thrust his own to the vampire. "I've heard so much about you."

Alucard looked at the man amusedly. `Then why do you hold your hand out to me unprotected?' He thought. But he shook the man's hand, although rather a bit too tightly. He enjoyed the man's wince.

"We are rather in the same business. You and I, Ms. Hellsing." Sebastion turned back to Integra. "My family has been keeping monsters off of Swedish soil for ten generations." He laughed. "Although we don't have our own vampire."

Integra smiled politely at his attempt at a joke. Now she was slightly interested. The man handed her a small white rectangle. "My card." He probably thinks he looks debonair like that. Integra exchanged his card for one of her own.

So this insufferable celebration had been worth it after all. This wasn't the first such card she had received. It seems that many people outside of London were impressed with her, and with Alucard's manners. So to speak, Alucard didn't necessarily have good manners. Just the fact that he was in a room full of people without snarling and ripping off appendages was enough.

She excused herself to go get a drink. She felt almost happy. Things were looking good.

As she approached the buffet table, she heard the voices, young voices. Teenagers.

"There he is, right there."

"Him? Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I recognize the coat."

"Ooooh, he's cute."

Integra turned. She had to make sure. Yes, they were talking about Alucard. Cute? She would never understand teenagers. For the moment she forgot that she had once been that age, and not that long ago.

"Check out the fangs. Very, interesting."

Integra's hand tightened around her wineglass. She didn't want to hear this. She didn't want to listen to these girls talk about Alucard like this. But her feet refused to move.

"I heard he belongs to that Hellsing woman."

"Oh? Where is she?"

"I don't know, I don't see her."

"Not fair, how come I don't have my own vampire." Laughter.

"I don't know what I would do with a big scary guy with fangs calling me master."

"I do." More laughter.

That set her muscles free. Integra downed her glass of wine and took another. She refused to look into the girl's direction as she walked away. If she did, she might rip out a few throats. Integra pushed her reaction to the girls' talk as a new worry came to mind.

She hadn't realized that knowledge of Alucard was so widespread. She had never hidden him from anyone she worked with, but she had adamantly kept him out of the press. She didn't know if this was a good thing or not, she'd bet on the not.

`And what are you doing, bringing him here?' That nagging voice in the back of her mind, the one she could never get rid of because it was a part of herself, surfaced. `You brought this upon yourself. Just for revenge against a woman you hardly know.'

Integra squelched that voice immediately. She had almost gotten herself fully composed when she stopped in her tracks. Alucard was talking to a girl. She wasn't a day older than eighteen, Integra was sure of it. She wore a black mini and was obviously flirting.

`Why was it that girls thought that if they showed a little leg any man would fall for them?' Integra thought angrily. She looked to Alucard's face, expecting him to be angry like her at the audacity of the little snit. She was surprised to see his face neutral.

`Alucard,' She began in a thought directed to him.

Even from this distance he could see those glasses turn to her. `You would deny me my fun, master?' It was weird to see him talking to the girl and hearing his voice in her mind at the same time.

Was it right to stop Alucard if he truly desired to talk with the girl? `I just wanted to make sure you weren't eyeing your next meal.' Integra told him. She could feel him smiling at her. She wanted to rip that smile right off his face.

Walter was at her side suddenly. "Integra, I'm afraid that it is almost time to leave. Your schedule is very full tomorrow."

She turned to him and smiled. "Still trying to set a bedtime for me?"

Walter returned her smile. "One forgets himself every once in a while." He turned his attention to Alucard. "Is Alucard coming home as well?"

Integra finished her wine. "I don't know." She said.

"I shall wait outside with the car, Madam." Walter left.

Integra had turned to go when she heard angry footsteps behind her. She turned to see the girl in the black mini walking past her, muttering. Alucard appeared behind Integra. "What did you say to her?" She asked, not turning around.

"The truth, I don't sleep with whores." She could feel him grinning. "I did offer her twenty pounds for her troubles." Integra stifled a laugh. "Shall we go?" He asked. He offered her his arm. She looked at him in surprise. "I am merely fulfilling my role as escort." After a moment she took his arm.

***

Andrea clenched a napkin with both hands as she saw Integra leave with that walking corpse. This was supposed to be her time to gloat. To laugh in that cold bitch's face.

She wasn't going to get away with this. Andrea heard a tearing sound.

She looked down to see that she had torn her napkin to shreds.

***

Something was up. Seras wandered the Hellsing manor restlessly.

She couldn't place what it was, it was like a bad scent in the air. She wished that Master had not gone out so she could ask him what it was.

She continued her wandering, not seeing a soul. It was late, most of the staff retired at Eleven.

After fifteen minutes of restless prowling she found Pip in the library. She called to him. He turned to her, smiling very annoyingly at her. "Yes?" He asked.

"Come help me find something." She didn't ask, she took his arm and pulled him to the door.

"Hey wait!" He protested. He put the book he was reading on a table. "What are we looking for?"

"I don't know." Seras had her nose in the air, questing. It wasn't like she could smell whatever it was, but treating it like a smell helped her track it.

There was a faint trace of it upstairs. She headed up the steps, still pulling Pip behind. "Hey! I can walk myself." He pulled his hand away from her. He saw the intent look on Seras face as they went up another flight. "What is it? An intruder?"

"I don't know, something." Seras said.

"Well, that's a big help."

Seras only glared at him, she'd yell at him later when she tracked down this scent.

Pip looked around; they were on the top floor. "The only thing up here are the bedrooms." He said.

She started down the hallway. She stopped before Integra's room. She could definitely smell it on the other side of the door. It was a scent now. Like perfume. A strong odor, but only a faint whiff of it. Dusky, with something else in it that she couldn't describe.

"I don't think we should be going in there." Pip said. Seras hesitated; her hand hovered over the doorknob. She knew that Integra didn't wear perfume. She turned the doorknob slowly and pushed the door in.

The room was dark. A slice of moonlight made itself past the curtains and lit the floor dimly. The scent was stronger here, but the owner was gone. Seras could smell it clearly now. Someone had been in here, Someone that shouldn't be. No one in the manor had this scent.

A small breeze rifled her hair. She turned to the window. Pip crossed the room to it and pulled the curtain back. He couldn't sense the scent that Seras sensed, but he knew that the room felt wrong somehow.

He discovered the window open a couple of inches. She went to shut it.

"No, wait." Seras walked to the window and flung it open. She looked down four flights to the ground below.

"You think whoever it was went out the window?" Pip asked.

Seras nodded. "That's what it looks like."

"But how? We're four stories up. Even if someone did go out the window. How did they get it almost closed behind them?"

"I don't know."

Pip sighed. "Let's get out of here before someone catches us."

Before they left Seras took one last look around the room. Only Integra would be able to tell if something was out of place. But nothing looked wrong. She closed the door.

AN: I know that I'm mixing the manga and the anime by bringing Pip into this, but I like Pip's character, they should have put him in the anime. I figured it was my fic, I can blend a little.