Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Old and New ❯ Chapter 4 - Something ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Hellsing. I wish I did.

Old and New

Chapter 4 - Something

Integra slept restlessly. The room felt stifling. There was a strange scent in the air. Dusky, from a flower that she couldn't identify. But she knew that its petals would be the color of blood.

There was red all around her. Red below her. Red above her. It was pressing on her, crowding the edges of her vision. She felt like she was drowning in a sea of blood.

She struggled through the red haze. It was hot, too hot, unbearably hot. The heat and the red squeezed her chest, restricting her breathing to shallow uneven breaths.

Her arms and legs were numb and dislocated. Like the pressure had cut off her circulation to them.

She saw something, something black. The red was a thick fog she strained to see through.

The something was a person. She wasn't sure how she knew. She couldn't see it any clearer that before.

She pulled herself to that person. She willed her arms and legs to slough through this red muck. And when her legs buckled and wouldn't support her weight any longer, she crawled.

Reaching this person was important, it was everything. This person could tell her all she wanted to know.

She was at the end of her limit. But she reached the person. It's shape wavered, formed and reformed. She collapsed at the person's feet. It formed into a boot. A heavy black boot. The scent of the leather filled her nostrils. But it was like breathing it through sludge. Her eyes wandered up the boot to the black trousers and the red coat. "Alucard." Her voice was a croak. As soon as she had opened her mouth, the redness had filled it. Pushing down her throat and into her stomach and lungs.

"Just a little more. A little farther, a little more time." He bent down to her. "Then you will be mine." He pushed a lock of hair from her face. The crushing redness didn't see to bother him. She realized then that he was the one who had brought it.

She tried to push his hand away from her, but her arms moved feebly. "Traitor." She croaked at him. He merely laughed at her.

Air, she needed air. The strain of the pressure all around her made her head spin and throb and ache.

AIR. Her legs screamed.

AIR. Her arms screamed.

AIR. Her lungs screamed.

Then all turned into darkness.

***

Alucard prowled the manor. He often moved about, fading in and out of rooms, wandering the house. But this time it was like something pulled him on. It made him restless, unable to keep still.

He had passed through the library for the fourth time when he saw Seras. She looked relieved when she saw him. "Master, I was looking for you."

He felt like plucked wire. His body singed with it. And the resonance of the one who plucked it was above him. "Not now policewoman." He started to float up through the floor.

"But-" Seras reached out to stop him, but he was already gone. She sent her thoughts to him instead. `Master, it's important.' And she told him about what she had sensed earlier.

`I sense it too.' Was the only reply she got.

`What is going on?' She thought to herself.

***

Alucard floated up through the floor of his master's bedroom. There was a scent here. It was familiar to him. But he couldn't remember from where.

He was startled when he heard a slight shivering sound. He looked to the bed. Integra lay sprawled on it. She had pushed the covers off of her and sweat gleamed on her skin. `When had she started sleeping nude?' he wondered. He had not been in this room while his master slept for some time.

There was a breeze and Integra shivered. She curled up into herself. Alucard turned to the window to find it open slightly. He shut it firmly. He turned back to the sleeping Integra.

A feeling he had squashed flat revived itself. It stirred within him. He should not be in here. Go. Now.

He walked slowly to the bed.

She had stopped shivering but remained curled up. Small and fragile underneath that shell of business suits.

She was beautiful.

Alucard hands clenched at his sides as he envisioned what it would be like to make love to her. To feel her hands clutching him and hearing her moan his name while he moved inside her.

Unsure of what he would do, he reached out and picked up the edge of the blanket. He covered her slowly. "Alucard." She whispered.

Fearing that she might wake he dropped through the floor.

He didn't stop his descent till he had reached his own chamber. He snatched the blood packet waiting on the table there. His hands shook slightly as he ripped it open.

The blood calmed him. But his thoughts returned to Integra. He wanted to make love to her. Needed it like blood. But he wouldn't. There was something he wanted more. He wanted her to drink his blood, to become an immortal like him. If he took away her last vestiges of virginity, that would never happen. He could wait. Wait till she was ready to take his blood. Then, and only then, he would make love to her.

That thought didn't make the temptation any less.

***

Integra woke cold. Her arms and legs were numb with it. She clutched her blanket around her tightly.

Sunlight shone strongly around the curtains, making the room glow with warmth. But it didn't chase away the cold.

There was a light tap on her door. "Enter." She called. Her voice shook slightly. Walter entered the room rolling in a cart with covered dishes placed on it. He set this by the bed.

He flung open the curtains allowing more sunlight through. Then he opened her closet and began laying out her clothes for the day.

`He seems perfectly normal.' Integra thought. `Doesn't he feel that blasted chill.'

She sat up in bed, keeping her blanket tightly around her. She didn't wait for Walter and uncovered the dishes herself. She looked at the food hungrily. She hadn't realized it before, but she was ravenous. Her hunger was almost as bad as the cold.

She had devoured everything on the plates before Walter had finished his morning routine. He looked at her in surprise. She was still huddled in her blanket.

"Madam? Are you feeling well?" He asked her.

"I'm f-fine." Integra stammered. "Have someone turn up the heat. I don't want to freeze while in the middle of a meeting."

Walter placed the back of his hand on her forehead. "Hmmm." He removed his hand. "Once you are dressed, we shall talk about your schedule." He said in his parental voice. Then he rolled the cart out of the room.

Integra stood up slowly. She felt sticky, like she had been sweating. A chilled sweat still clung to her skin. She showered under very hot water, her skin was red after she stepped out, and dressed as quickly as possible. The food, shower and warm clothes eased the chill, but it still clung around her.

She entered the office and sat behind the desk, shuffling through papers. Walter entered from another door and stood over her. "What meetings do I have today?" She asked him.

"I have taken the liberty of rescheduling all you meetings today. I have told everyone that Sir Hellsing is sick and must not see anyone today."

Integra opened her mouth in outrage. But Walter popped a thermometer into her mouth before words could leave it. She sat there like a sulky child, giving Walter dark looks and grateful no one was around to see this.

After a minute Walter pulled the thermometer from her mouth and inspected it. "103. No meetings today."

"Then what shall I do all day?" She asked.

"Rest."

She glared at him.

***

Walter tapped lightly on Seras' door. He heard her coffin open up. "Just a minute." He heard her voice say sleepily.

Seras rubbed her eyes as she opened the door. `What does he want at this time of day?' she thought. One looked a Walter's grave face told her something was up. "I need your help Seras." He said.

***

In minutes, they were settled into the library pouring over books. "What exactly are we looking for?" Seras asked.

"I don't know." Walter said.

"What's wrong?"

"It's Integra. She's sick."

"So? People get sick."

"Not Integra." Seras was surprised but the certain look on his face.

She looked down at one of the books in front of her. "What are her symptoms?" She asked.

"Fever, complaining of it being cold, pale complexion, clammy skin. I know it has to be something supernatural."

"Hmmm." Seras said. "Something was in her room the other day, when she was out. I told Master about it, but he hasn't told me what it was."

"Maybe he doesn't know."

***

Integra was tired. Her arms and legs could barely hold her up as she pulled back her blankets. Why was she so tired, it was as if she had gotten no rest at all last night.

She sank into the bed. Maybe just a short nap, and then she'd insist that Walter let her do some work.

***

She was back in the red place. It didn't feel as oppressive as before. She found that she could move and walk easily. And Alucard was next to her this time. "What is this place?" She asked.

"A dream, your dream." He turned to her. There was a look in his eyes she didn't recognize. "I made it just for you."

"Why?" Integra felt disconnected somehow. When her brain told her neck to turn, it took a second before it actually registered. It took longer for the signal to reach her legs.

"To finished what I started, to finally make you mine." He wrapped his arms around her.

She tried to fend him off. But her blows where light. He chuckled at her. "Stop this." Her voice sounded hollow in her ears. "I order you."

"This is my desire. To have you like this." He bent his head and kissed her lips.

Her mind raced wildly. `This couldn't be what he wanted, could it?'

Her pulse turned fluttery as he began kissing her neck. Her body reacted on it's own. Her mind remained detached and bewildered.

It was true that she had thought about Alucard like this, doing this. But it seemed such a silly idea. Other than the seductive way he teased her sometimes, he hadn't shown any inclination for romantic thoughts.

Her mind settled back into her body and she was able to pull away from him a little. "What about turning me into a vampire?" She asked.

He looked her in the eyes. "I don't care about that." He returned to her neck. He sank his fangs into her soft flesh.

Panic flooded into her as her mind registered the pain. "No!" She pushed violently at him.

His grip was like iron, she pulled and struggled to no avail. He felt his lips move against her neck as he spoke. "I shall take your innocence, then I shall drink all of your delicious Hellsing blood. I won't leave a drop left. Then you will die."

"No." She whispered. Her strength was ebbing away. "You can't."

"Then stop me." He laughed at her.

"No!" Her voice cried. Her body screamed it and her mind echoed it.

Then she woke.

***

Alucard woke from his dreamless sleep feeling strange. He couldn't describe the feeling inside of him as anything else but strange. He also felt worried.

Suddenly his door burst open and banged against the wall. Integra entered in high fury. Her hair was disheveled and she was wearing men's pajamas. "What the hell where you thinking?" She shouted at him. "Did you think to attack me in my sleep and I would just do nothing?" She slammed the door shut with a thunderous bang.

He had never seen her so angry, never seen her anger turned on him like this. And he didn't know why.

"Don't look at me blankly like that!" She screamed at him. She pulled her collar down, exposing her neck. "Does this remind you?" She asked. There were two puncture wounds on her neck, as if she was bitten neatly by fangs.

His own anger rose as he saw the wounds. How dare someone drink his master's blood. "Who-" He began.

But Integra wasn't listening to him. "You are to stay here." Her voice was deathly calm now, it was worse than her anger. "If you leave this room before I tell you, I shall shut you up in it forever."

Then she was gone.

***

It was hours later from when they had started, and the two were still in the library.

"Werewolf?" Seras asked.

"No. What about another vampire?"

"I think I would be able to sense it better."

"Boggart?"

"No, they haunt kitchens. What about a siren?"

"Hmm, symptom's are similar. They leave their victims drained like that. But it doesn't explain the cold."

"What about an Incubus?" Pip asked from the doorway.

Seras and Walter stared at him. He held up the book that he had borrowed as he entered the library.

"An Incubus?" Seras wrinkled her brow as she tried to remember that one.

"It's similar to a vampire, but with some major differences." He opened the book on the table. "They feed on a person's energy while they are asleep. They choose to seduce their victims. The victims are sick during the time the Incubus is feeding on them. The symptoms are all the same as Integra's. They prefer to draw out their feeding, sometimes for weeks at a time. Though they can kill in a couple of days."

Seras read through the pages Pip indicated. "But how can we be sure that's what it is?" She asked.

"We ask Sir Hellsing if she's had any weird dreams lately."

AN: Thanks lots to the people who reviewed. I'm glad that people like my fic, and I haven't got any flames. I hope I didn't just jinx my self there.