Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Old and New ❯ Chapter 5 - Incubus ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Hellsing.

Old and New

Chapter 5 - Incubus

Alucard sat in the darkness of his chamber. He tried to piece together what was happening and he kept on running into loose threads. Someone had attacked Integra, and she blamed him. Now he was bound in this room by Integra's order. He was unable to protect her from whatever had attacked her.

A scent began to fill the room, dusky, with something else behind it. He recognized it now. "Sacrissa." He snarled.

A dusky feminine voice filled his ear. "Hello love." She taunted him. Her form appeared before him from a wisp of rose colored smoke.

"Why are you here? You are supposed to be sealed in Ireland." His hands clenched. He wanted to rip her arms and legs off. But she wasn't stupid enough to appear before him, this was an illusion. Her real form was probably upstairs, with Integra.

"You didn't think that old spell was going to hold me forever, did you?" Her eyes and hair was red, her naked form was creamy white. She was beautiful in every aspect. But it was all fake. He knew her true form.

"If you take my master, I shall kill you." His voice was cold. "I should have back then."

"You can't kill me, vampires and other creatures of the night cannot kill me. Besides, you are stuck in here. Are you not? Bound by the seals Van Helsing placed on you all those years ago." Her illusion form leaned over him. "Why are you not happy? You will be free soon, very soon."

Alucard's face contorted in rage. `Seras, save Integra!' He shouted to his protégé.

`On my way, Master.' Seras said into his mind.

"Could it be that you delight in serving that woman?" Sacrissa cooed at him. Then her face grew hard and hatred filled it. "I shall destroy everything that you delight in. I will steal her innocence away from you. I shall make her into MY servant. I shall throw her into your face for an eternity."

A gunshot sounded. The illusion dissipated. Pip stood in the open doorway. "She really hates you." He grinned wryly. "Old girlfriend?"

Alucard scowled at him.

Pip held up his hands. "Hey, I'm the good guy here. Let's go help Seras get rid of that bitch."

Alucard didn't move. "I am unable to move, until Integra tells me too."

"She controls you to that extent?"

"Not usually, but in her anger she activated an old seal. I can't move." He smiled slightly. "I can still use my magic though. I will make it so that Sacrissa will be unable to escape. Go. Destroy her. I will wait here."

Pip nodded and left.

***

Seras and Walter raced up the four flights to Integra's room. Seras' vampiric speed allowed her to outstrip him and she fairly flew up the stairs. The scent was above her, strong now. Whatever it was, it was here.

She reached the room first at flung it open. A strange sight met her eyes. She saw Integra sitting on her bed, her expression blank. There was a woman leaning over her. A rose colored mist surrounded them both.

The woman turned to Seras when she entered. She hissed at her. Seras pulled out her handgun and opened fire on the demon. The bullets past through the woman and into the wall. They left gaps in her form, which quickly sealed up.

Integra turned slowly to Seras. She looked at her without recognition.

Walter entered the room next. He readied his wires when he saw the succubus. "No, they won't have any effect." Seras said. Everything just passes through her. `Master! How do I destroy her?'

`She can only be wounded when she is substantial. When she tries to attack or manipulate objects.'

Seras saw the woman's outline sharpen as she attacked Walter. Seras opened fire again. This time, her shots scored.

The bullets tore ragged holes through the demon's flesh. Thick red blood oozed from the wounds. But the succubus only laughed sadistically. She lifted Walter up by his throat. Seras hurried to reload her gun.

Walter looked the demon dead in the eye as he pulled his wired from his gloves. In a twinkling, the woman's arms and head were separated from her body.

The demon's head rolled onto the floor, but the hand on Walter's throat only tightened. It flung him into the wall. Walter didn't move after that.

During this time Seras had been trying to revive Integra. But the blank look didn't leave her eyes. "Walter." She whispered. Seras had her hands on her shoulders and was shaking her, but Integra said no more.

Pip exploded into the room then, shotgun in hand. The demon had been in the process of putting herself back together when Pip pumped blessed silver buckshot into her. She screamed a horrible high-pitched scream and dematerialized. She tried to escape, her head in her hands, literally. The walls glowed blood red and wouldn't let her through. She screamed again and Pip had to cover his ears with his hands.

Seras was shouting at Integra. "You have to release Master! He can destroy her! You have to release Alucard!"

The whole room was in turmoil now, as the demon took her rage out. Books, lamps, and chairs whirled around the room. Pip was dodging as best he could, but a small table clipped him in the shoulder while he was trying to reach Walter. He yelped in pain and his arm hung useless at his side, dislocated. He pulled the shotgun up and fired it at the demon one handed. The buckshot pierced her skin and made the thick blood flow, but in her rage she didn't notice it. She was intent on killing Pip now. Which was just what he wanted. It gave Seras more time.

Integra's eyes moved to the demon. Seras saw shadows cross her blue eyes and she understood. Understood how the succubus had deceived Integra in the first place.

"That is not Alucard!" Seras screamed at her, trying to be heard over the succubus' high keening.

Some tiny flicker of understanding flashed across Integra's face. She was still under the spell, but now she knew. Her mouth started moving, but Seras couldn't hear what she was saying.

Suddenly the whole house shook. The floors rumbled and the walls quaked. Seras pulled Integra down to the floor, covering her with her own body.

When the shaking stopped. Seras slowly opened her eyes and looked up. The windows in the room were all shattered. A strong wind was whipping through the room. Alucard was standing in the center of the room, jackal and Cassul drawn, his coat blowing behind him in the wind. Someone, whom Seras guessed was the demon, stood opposite him.

The demon had changed dramatically. First she had been a lovely nude woman with flowing red hair. Now her skin was black, her red hair was like a mane more than hair. Her face was totally alien, still face shaped, but without nose or mouth and glowing red eyes. Her arms and legs were elongated, ending in large wicked claws.

Alucard smiled at her wickedly. He pulled the trigger on Jackal. The bullet left a wide hole in the demon's stomach. It didn't regenerate. The demon snarled and threw herself at Alucard. He fired more rounds into her. She faltered just before reaching him. Her blood coated the floor. It was like thick red sludge.

Alucard walked the last few steps to her and shot her in the head. Her body fell onto the blood soaked carpet with a splat.

Seras breathed a sigh of relief. She lifted Integra up into her arms. Alucard knelt next to the two of him. "Something's wrong." Seras said, alarm made her voice squeak. Integra's eyes were still blank. "Why won't she wake?" Seras asked Alucard. Neither of them noticed as the thick black sludge began reforming itself.

It reared up over them, but a black and white blur hurled itself into in, knocking it messily into the ground. Walter rolled away from the thing, breathing hard and holding his side. Pip had managed to revive him before falling unconscious himself.

Alucard stood up, Cassul and Jackal raised. "You never knew when to give up." He said. He opened fire on the black sludge. Large holes rent the sludge body, but it moved unaffected. Two tentacles shot out of it and wrapped around Alucard's wrists. The thing bore all it's weight on him and hurled him to the ground.

The tentacles formed into feminine hands and the sludge formed back into the graceful lovely body of the succubus. Her strength was great, and she kept` him pinned. "It is too late." She said to him. She licked the side of his face. He snarled and bit at her, but she merely laughed. "I get life from she who is under my spell. You cannot kill me. Neither can your other vampire friend. I have won." She laughed maniacally.

***

Integra was lost in shadows. She was still in the red place, but she was alone. Alucard wasn't here. Alucard? Was that really Alucard that was here? No, Seras had told her it wasn't.

When had Seras come here? She didn't remember seeing her.

She turned all the way around. She could hear sounds of fighting, but she saw no battle taking place. Where was Alucard? She remembered speaking the words to release him, but he wasn't here. Maybe she hadn't really spoken them. Maybe she did but he could not hear her from where she was.

"Integra, please wake up." That was Seras' voice again. But she couldn't see her. "Master needs you."

Alucard needed her? That didn't sound right. But maybe it was true, maybe there was something keeping Alucard from reaching her. Which meant that she had to reach him.

She heard Seras voice again, but she couldn't distinguish the words. She looked all around her. There was a twinkling light just above her. She reached up for it. It was beyond her reach. She jumped towards it, kicking her legs as if swimming. Slowly she struggled her way toward the light.

***

Alucard didn't know what to do. Without Integra here to say the spell he couldn't release the seal and use his full power. He kicked and struggled but it was no use. Sacrissa merely laughed at him. "I wonder how your blood tastes." She said. "How sweet would it be?" She leaned close to him. "I will grow stronger, so much, much stronger if I feast on your blood."

"Go ahead and try." He said.

She looked at him warily. "Why, what is wrong with your blood?"

"Why don't you go ahead and see." He crooned.

She studied him a moment. "You are bluffing." She said, her mouth curved into a wicked smile.

"Am I?" he raised an eyebrow.

"We'll see in a moment." She lowered her mouth to his neck.

A gunshot rang out. Sacrissa slumped forward onto Alucard and didn't move. Alucard pushed her off as her body began to burn.

Integra dropped her gun and slumped to the floor. "Bitch." She said weakly.

Alucard looked at her in surprise.

***

"Okay, this will only hurt a second." Seras told Pip. Pip gritted his teeth as she pulled sharply on his arm. There was a wet POP as it snapped back into place. He howled as pain filled his shoulder. "There, all fixed." She smiled brightly at him while he glowered at her, clutching his shoulder.

Integra was looking around at the destruction. Alucard appeared behind her. "I apologize for the mess, it couldn't be helped." He smiled.

She continued to look around. "That's okay, I never like that wallpaper anyway." She looked down at the bloody and burnt floor. "Or the carpet."

"I shall hire a decorator in the morning." Walter said. He had a bandage wrapped around his head and one arm was in a sling. He held himself up straight as if the bandages weren't even an inconvenience. "I shall check the damage to the other rooms." And he left.

"Well, that was an interesting experience." Pip said. His arm was also in a sling. "Not too eager to try it again, but it is still one to tell the grandkids." He looked around. "So, what's next?"

AN: I hope everyone liked that! It's not over yet though. I don't know when this fic will be finished. Thanks to everyone who reviewed. I really appreciate it.