Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Old and New ❯ Chapter 6 - Questions ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Hellsing.

Old and New

Chapter 6 - Questions

How does one know they are in love?

One could have a person that they both respect and desire, but did that automatically mean love?

Love was such a big and vague term. Respect and desire are just two drops in the sea of love. A sea filled with drops of like, enjoy, patience, cherish, defend, loyalty, honor, need, want and others that have no name.

It was as though someone had drawn lines on the human battlefield of emotions, separating Love, Hate, Friendship, Indifference, and Respect. But that someone hadn't bothered giving anyone a map.

You knew what the opposite sides were, like love and hate, but you were never sure when you had crossed a line.

***

How long ago had it been?

He had been a monarch. He had had his own domain and servants under his rule. He was master, and all those who served him did so implicitly, under pain of death.

How utterly bored had he been?

He had delighted in bloodshed then. Always striving for more power, taking it from the blood of the weaker. But still never satisfying the need within him.

Till he had come along, challenging the dark lord. `Foul beast.' He had called him. `Spawn of Hell.'

It had been utterly delightful.

An opponent worthy of his power. A rival. But in the beginning he hadn't realized just how strong he was.

He had thought to defeat this human and make him one of his undead servants. And a powerful one too. Second only to him. But a servant nonetheless.

How ironic it had turned out the other way around.

How he remembered the final battle. His rival, armed with all the powers of the human god. And himself, at the height of his dark power. How, this human had managed to pick himself up, over and over again. His rival had defeated him through sheer power of will. And as the threads of the seals settled over him he had looked his rival in the eyes. "We are the same. You serve good and light, but we are still the same, deep inside."

"No." Van Helsing had said, tightening the threads around him. "I am stronger."

***

Why was she being so cautious?

Seras sneaked slowly down the steps. She was wearing her black shirt and short black shirt, her black choker and black hat. She felt like a cat burglar.

`I'm sneaking out, not in.' She said to herself. She needed to get out. She missed going out and doing things, human things. There were no missions and it was unlikely that there would be. And if there were, Master could handle it. They could do without her one night.

She heard quiet footsteps around the corner and jumped behind a large vase. She peeked behind it. Pip turned the corner, walking carefully. He looked this way and that. When he was satisfied no one was around he tiptoed slowly to the door. He opened it quietly and slipped out.

After a few seconds, Seras followed him silently.

Where was he going?

***

Where was everyone?

Walter had just been to Seras room, finding it empty. Pip was gone too. Alucard was nowhere to be seen. That left Integra. He looked at his watch. Nine Thirty, he knew where to find her.

She was in her office, filling paperwork into the computer. "We have staff to do that for you." He said to her.

"They never get it done right. I don't need mistakes on the requests for the medical blood. I just have a few more to go." She never took her eyes from the computer screen.

He walked around and switched the monitor off. She glared up at him. "Why is it that you are defying me so much lately?"

"Your father told me to take care of you. His orders came first."

She smiled faintly. "Well, what do I do now?"

"There is nothing but tiring tedium all around this house. You shouldn't waste your energy on it. How about you relax?"

"I don't know what that means." Integra muttered.

"Ah, you've only forgotten." He produced a wide flat box from behind his back. He placed it on the desk and opened it. "It's time you remembered."

AN: Sorry for the shortness of this one, but the next one is coming up soon. Thanx to everyone who reviewed. This is really great. I'm getting so many more good reviews than I expected.