Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Old and New ❯ Chapter 13 - Service ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Hellsing.

Old and New

Chapter 13 - Service

"D-do you think we should let him out?" Pip hated that his voice stammered slightly.

"I, I don't know. I guess we have to."

They were standing in what was obviously a holding area. They were in front of one of the many cells lined up on one wall of the room. Anderson was in the cell, lying unconscious on the hard concrete floor. A metal plate crossed his chest, thick metallic cords were attached to the plate, and they bound his hands and legs behind his back.

Seras grasped two of the bars and bent them to allow her access into the cell. She stepped in cautiously. Even with his hands and feet bound, she was still afraid of him. Her mind all to readily recalled the first time she had met him. She rubbed her throat reflexively.

She bent to inspect the metal plate. She saw buttons and lights. This was obviously a device used to restrain prisoners. If she could turn it off, it might release Anderson. As her fingers brushed lightly against the plate, the thing came alive. Lights flashed and Anderson's body seized up, he cried out in pain. God, the thing was electrocuting him!

She turned to Pip for help. He whipped out a knife and threw it at the machine. He didn't care if he missed and hit Anderson instead. The knife embedded into the button panel, the lights flickered and died. The metal restraints immediately loosened and Anderson's body went limp.

Pip flung the machine away. Seras looked at Anderson; he wasn't breathing. Did the shock stop his heart? She pressed a finger to his neck; she found a weak pulse. "Do you know CPR?" Pip asked her.

Seras nodded, that had been in her training when she entered D-11. Her hands shook as she laid Anderson flat on his back. She tried to recall her training while her mind rebelled against her. `He is your enemy.' It said. `Let him die.'

"No." She said softly to herself. Let's see. Remember. Head back; throat straight. Pulled the jaw out slightly, make sure the tongue isn't an obstruction. Ready.

Before she could lower her mouth down to his, a knife was thrust up under her throat. The blade pressed against her skin. A thin line of blood formed.

Instantly the barrel of Pip's shotgun was pressed to Anderson's head. "Don't be stupid, we were trying to help."

Anderson opened his eyes, his chest heaved as he drew in a deep breath. His green eyes turned to Seras, who was trying not to shake. Disgust crossed his features, but he put the blade down. Pip slowly lowered the shotgun, but he didn't put it away.

Anderson sat up. He looked around. "Where is this?" he asked, ordered more like.

"Holding cell, for prisoners. How did you get here?" Pip said. His voice was tight.

Anderson thought back. Suddenly he remembered. "That bastard vampire turned traitor on me." He snarled.

Seras spoke up now. "Are you sure it was master? There is a clone of him here, with- with red hair."

Anderson's mouth tightened into a thin line. "Great, now there's two of him." He said bitterly.

***

Alucard's finger tightened on the trigger. He had no class for the person before him, just Adrian. Not human, not vampire. Something that didn't belong in this world.

Integra would say the same about vampires.

He hesitated. His hesitation made him angry. His face distorted. Why did he hesitate? He should just kill him, instead of deliberating.

Integra would kill the boy.

Adrian continued to focus his burning crimson stare on him. There was a fire in those eyes. They reminded him of a child he once knew. Although those eyes had been blue. That child was gone now, replaced with a burning cold woman. If there was one thing Alucard respected, it was that type of fire, defiance even in the face of death.

He lowered the gun.

He turned away from Adrian. "Come, let us leave this place." He said.

"Not yet." Alucard saw Anderson appear in the doorway, a blade in each hand.

"We are finished here." Pip said from behind Anderson. "Dr. Aster is dead. Let's just plant the explosives and leave." Pip was confused. He had expected to find Adrian dead. But Alucard would have his own reasons for not killing him.

Anderson stepped forward, into the lab. "The mission is not complete yet. My orders, the same as yours, were to destroy." He pointed a blade in Adrian's direction, but still looked at Alucard. "If you don't have the nerve to kill him, I will." He smiled viciously. "Then we can get to our unfinished business."

Alucard returned the vicious smile with one of his own. "If you want the boy, come get him." He challenged. He readied Cassul and Jackal.

Immediately the walls were covered in scriptures. Anderson launched a flurry of blades at Alucard. Alucard shot each one and they fell, shattered, to the floor before reaching him. He opened fire on the priest, scoring a shot in the stomach.

Pip walked up to Adrian. "Why didn't you take away his weapons when you captured him?" He demanded.

Adrian shrugged. He wasn't going to take this from a human. "I would if I knew where he kept getting them from."

Adrian turned his attention to Seras, who was trying not to be noticed. His eyes traveled up her form. He walked up to her. Her eyes widened as he approached her. His manner wasn't threatening, but fear still gripped her. He took one of her hands and kissed it lightly. "Hello, mouse." He said.

Pip's hands clenched into fists as a wave of jealousy washed over him. "We don't have time for introductions." He said. Adrian turned to him, dislike flashed briefly across his face. Pip pointed out the carnage Anderson and Alucard were creating.

The lab was rapidly getting destroyed. Anderson had three bullet wounds and a blade was sticking out of Alucard's stomach. Still they fought, ignoring those around them.

"We have to stop them." Seras finally spoke up.

Adrian turned back to her. "If that's what you want. Though I don't think they will like being stopped very much." He turned to Alucard and Anderson.

Anderson was in bad shape. Not only did he have more wounds than Alucard, they were also in worse places. Seras wondered about the lack of blood that should have been flowing from Anderson's wounds. It's like he doesn't have any blood.

Adrian held both hands up, palms facing out, fingers splayed. Suddenly both fighters were thrown away from each other violently. Anderson landed hard. Alucard rolled with the blow, but still smashed into a tank.

Anderson looked around wildly, trying to find the source of the attack. He spotted Adrian. "You?" He looked to his scriptures. They were still in place. "How?"

"I was made from the same science and technology that granted you the power you have. Those scriptures can not block my spells." Adrian smirked. "Or did you forget? That the Vatican at one time funded Millenium."

"Bastard." Anderson snarled.

Adrian moved his hand pointing at Anderson to the right. Anderson was thrown roughly into the wall. "By birth and by temperament." Adrian quoted softly. He lowered his arms.

Pip stepped forward. "Let's get out of here, we have to report." He turned to Adrian. "Sorry pal, but we're blowing this place up." He smiled cheerfully.

Adrian smiled too, but it was not a happy one. "Not like I care about this dump anyway."

Anderson and Alucard slowly rose to their feet, each watchful of what the other one might do. Still, they made it to the door without incident.

The explosives were planted and they all left through their separate entrances. Adrian left with Alucard. Once outside, Pip pressed a switch on a small black box he carried. A deep rumbled echoed under their feet, and then stillness.

***

"What?!" Integra shouted. This was unbelievable. Alucard had gone too far this time.

"Perhaps, before you pass judgement, you should like to meet him." Alucard suggested calmly.

Integra bit back any retorts she might say. Alucard had no say over what she should and should not do. She mumbled something incoherent and rose from her desk. She was very angry. Anything that had come from Millenium should be destroyed.

Why had he bothered sparing any of that scum? She pondered this. Alucard had no sympathy. He probably had what he deemed good reasons for allowing the millenium agent to live. She should examine the situation closely before passing judgement.

She rose smoothly from her chair, her face composed. "I shall see him." She said.

***

Adrian waited almost nervously outside of Integral Fairbrooks Wingates Hellsing's office door. They way everyone spoke of the leader of Hellsing made him feel a drop of nervousness.

The servants all spoke of her in hushed reverent tones. Alucard and Seras even held her in the highest respect. You couldn't blame a human/vampire crossbreed from the enemy side for feeling a little apprehensive.

The office door opened as the butler, Walter held the door as the leader of Hellsing stepped out.

Adrian looked at her and could not believe that she was human.

She was carved out of ice and clothed in a woman's skin, with only her eyes showing her true self. Those dangerous frozen eyes looked over him. Her face gave no expression of surprise, just mild indifference.

When she spoke, that coldness washed over him, and he saw something else inside of her. A cold flame that would never burn out, even after death it would burn on still, consuming the body and living forever. "If you are to stay here, you will obey my orders. Betray me, and I shall destroy you." He believed her. He would not step out of line before her. Her threat was serious and he knew she would carry it out herself.

Adrian would know what it is like to serve a great leader.

***

Seras watched as Integra stepped out. She only said two sentences, but she had gotten her point across. There was an expression on Adrian's face. She recognized it because she had seen it on Alucard's once or twice. It was respect and a hunger and submission all rolled into one.

That expression reminded her of something Walter had once told her. `A leader's passion can put the flame out in a servant's soul.'

AN: Another chapter has come and gone. That one even had a little violence in it. I plan on doing some more soon. Stay tuned for the next one!