Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Transylvanian Concubine ❯ Eternal Gift ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Turn your head to look away, cover your face like you feel some shame
Underneath it all I think you want this, make believe that nothing's real
Only one chance to make this deal, your silence only makes me think there's something.”
Professional Murder Music (Of Unknown Origin)
 
 
 
 
Eternal Gift
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Memories
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
Night 5, Day 5
 
 
 
 
It should have been an easy choice to make; there should have been no hesitation upon her mind. What true human wanted to die and rot away in a small coffin? Turning her head from the vampire, she stared into the night sky. So many words wanted to come out after that simple answer. She could still feel him there waiting for a true answer. Sighing she could herself losing her grip on reality. What would her parents say about becoming a vampire? What would Father Anderson say about the offer? He was dead and gone, his image slightly tainted by the monster that overtook his body.
 
“Your time is short.” Alucard smoothly said.
 
The blood in her veins called out to her. She could feel something darker within her calling out to be free. Her grandmother died, never waking the blood within their veins.
 
“I can't.” Ceres whispered.
 
“You can't…or you won't?” Alucard drawled as he leaned closer to her.
 
“You can have my blood when I die…if that's what you want.” Ceres calmly said.
 
He was very close to her now. She knew he didn't have to breathe, but he was doing it on purpose. A cold breath of air lingered on her neck as she felt the fangs graze her thin layer of skin. Turning her face, she looked at him and softly smiled. Ceres wondered if living in the dark would be so bad. She was a grown woman and could make her own decisions even if a monster lurked within her veins.
 
“What is your choice?” He whispered against her neck.
 
“No…I don't want to die tonight.” Ceres whispered.
 
“So you will become my fledgling?” Alucard inquired as the smirk formed.
 
“Yes.” Ceres whispered as she kept her eyes on his crimson orbs.
 
“This is part where you close your eyes.” he whispered as he watched her blue orbs shut. This would be the last time he would see that color. “Remember the choice was always yours.”
 
The fangs grazed her neck again feeling for the right spot. Inhaling one last gulp of air, she felt the fangs break the skin. It shocked her at first and her eyes flew open when she felt his mouth pull on the wound. Relaxing against the gentle coaxing of his mouth, she sighed and her eyes closed on their own. Everything became a blissful darkness as he removed his mouth from her neck. Then a hot liquid entered her mouth and she hesitantly swallowed.
 
He pulled away from his creation as he watched her still form. The wound had stopped bleeding and began to heal as he pushed some stray hair from her face. Her eyes remained closed as he studied her features. Her skin was naturally fair, but as she spent less time in the sun, her skin would take on an ivory tone. Everything had been done correctly; she would wake in a few moments. Becoming a true vampire was like being reborn; everything was seen and felt in a different light. Smirking he saw the eye movement under her lids.
 
Her hands twitched as they adjusted to the new blood that flowed within her body. His blood was that of a powerful line, she would adjust as the blood animated her body. Ceres slowly opened her red eyes in confusion and glanced up at his face. She would need blood to bring her to her full potential, but the blood within her veins would suffice for now. Crimson met crimson as she glared and pushed away from the elder vampire. She rolled off the bed and fell to the floor. Clenching her hands, her nails dragged across the floor leaving deep gashes.
 
“What?” Ceres whispered as she pushed herself to her knees.
 
Standing to her feet, she ran to the nearest mirror and looked into it. The puncture marks where leaving small pale welts. Reaching out she touched her reflection's crimson eyes in confusion. Vampires weren't supposed to have reflections, no soul equaled no reflection. Turning she looked over at Alucard who was sitting on her bed watching her in mild amusement. She bit her lower lip in nervousness before she opened her mouth and saw the fangs. Her human fangs had lengthened and became sharper.
 
`How will I explain this to Integra?' Ceres worriedly thought.
 
“You need to explain yourself to no one but me.” Alucard informed. Her attention snapped to him and she shook her head.
 
“Stay out of my mind.” Ceres hissed, literally.
 
“You will have a mind link with me until you become your own vampire.” Alucard warned.
 
“My apologies master.” Ceres instantly said.
 
`Master, where the hell did that come from?' She wondered as she yawned.
 
Walking back over to the bed, she laid down on the blood soak sheets. Yawning again she stretched and curled into a ball. It was night, yet she felt tired. Yawning again she turned a questioning look to Alucard.
 
`You'll sleep much within the changing periods.' he sent to her mind.
 
`No privacy.' Ceres thought as she closed her eyes.
 
`Sleep now.' Alucard ordered.
 
Lying back on the bed, he smirked as she sought his form for comfort. He had just found his escape from the seals that Hellsing had laid. She had the blood of the Bathory within in her veins and the blood of a Hellsing. His fangs reflected in the moonlight as he grinned. She would either free him or end up sealing him again, but he was betting luck was on his side. Pushing a stray hair from her sleeping face, he began to weigh the options. So far, her transformation to the vampire went smoothly.
 
Alucard had only sired two other before him, which had to be destroyed because the blood over powered them. He licked his lips tasting the faint trace of Ceres as he remained in thought. Her blood had the taste of a rebel, one that would fight to keep themselves sane. Alucard had confidence that his fledging would conquer the dark blood that flowed through her body. Smirking at the situation her turned his smirk into a true smile; things were going to become interesting. He did not sire her just for his own gain and entertainment, though that held some truth. There were other motives hidden behind his cloak that he would reveal…eventually.
 
 
 
 
Day 5
 
 
 
The night had passed as quickly as it came. Turning her crimson eyes to the blue sky, she sighed as she picked up the talkie. Quickly throwing on a long-sleeved turtleneck to cover her marks she put on her jeans. Glancing in the mirror, she brushed her non-complying hair and ran out of the room. Standing at the top of the stairs she looked at the talkie in her hand before skipping down the stairs. Opening the door to the outside, she hesitated as she stared at the sunlight. It wasn't very bright because in Romania the weather always has a gloomy feel to it.
 
Reaching her hand out, she flinched as she felt the sunlight. So far so good; she had not turned into a flaming corpse or ash. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out her only pair of sunglasses. The glasses were a City Kill brand, silver frame and blue flash lenses that matched her hair color and once blue eyes. Stepping outside she ran for Integral's tent, intent upon explaining her situation. A cloud hid the sun as she rushed into the tent gasping for air. Looking up at Integral from behind her glasses, she smiled, careful not to show teeth.
 
“Why the rush Ms. Victoria?” Integral questioned.
 
“Had a rough night.” Ceres mumbled as she took a seat.
 
“Very well, but we have some things to discuss.” Integral stated as she lit her cigar.
 
“Okay.” Ceres timidly responded as she sat.
 
“You have been at the castle for five full nights and now five days. Have you learned anything of the vampire?” Integral got straight to business.
 
“Um…he can't be destroyed,” Ceres began looking nervous.
 
“Explain.” Integral demanded as she blew out a smoke ring.
 
“He constantly regenerates himself, and silver doesn't has no effect on him.” Ceres explained.
 
“You are so far the only one to survive within those walls. If you wish, you may leave.” Integral offered.
 
“I would like to stay…there are things that bind me here.” Ceres vaguely responded.
 
“What, pray tell, binds you here?” Integral jadedly asked.
 
“I believe that my ancestor was Alucard's sire.” Ceres responded, fighting back the urge to call him master.
 
“What leads you to this conclusion?” Integral almost growled. This girl's bloodline could prove fatal to her mission of destroying the monster.
 
“I have had visions.” Ceres softly began as she turned her head away.
 
“Go on.” Integral urged with a wave of her hand.
 
“My ancestor is Elizabeth Bathory; I have seen her in dreams. I've watched her do evil deeds.” Ceres explained.
 
“And this relates to the vampire how?” Integral asked.
 
“Bathory was sired by a vampire called Lilith after she was sealed in her castle. She vowed revenge and went after Vladimir Dracula's family. She finally killed his whole line leaving Vlad as a vampire.” Ceres quickly clarified.
 
“Do you have proof this is more then a simple…illusion, or made up tale?” Integral demanded.
 
“The inscription on the castle wall…I can finish it.” Ceres offered.
 
“How do I know that this is not a lie?”
 
“It was written in my grandmother's book.” Ceres offered again.
 
“Very well, recite it.” Integral mused.
 
“Blood of my blood can raise me. Flesh of my flesh can bind me. Soul of my soul can set me free. Innocence taken by fate, a cruel hand opens the eyes. Flesh bounds me to this existence blood bathes me. An act of god that can be turned, the Judas walks the earth. The blade cuts me skin; the paper binds my world. The darkness walks again…hallow kisses set me free. I walk again in misery, a forked road in my view. Which road shall be chosen?” Ceres asked as she finished the inscription.
 
Integral looked at a piece of paper and nodded her head. Handing the paper to Ceres, she took it and began to silently read. The inscription was there on the paper finished. Ceres blood boiled before she reasoned that Integral was only testing her.
 
“Why would your grandmother keep such a legend or foreshadowing?” Integral curiously asked as she set the cigar down.
 
“She believed that our bloodline was evil and I think she thought one of us would awaken it.” Ceres admitted.
 
“Awaken?”
 
“The Bathory blood will always flow through our veins waiting to be sealed, killed, or awakened.” Ceres explained.
 
“Please clarify more on the subject.” Integral ordered.
 
“I am last of the Bathory line. If my blood awakens, her blood will influence me to some point.” Ceres answered.
 
“How can that happen?” Integral questioned. One more problem wasn't something she couldn't handle.
 
“No clue.” Ceres sheepishly answered.
 
“Any more things you have no clue about?” Integral remarked.
 
“Yes.” Ceres coldly said as she removed the glasses.
 
Integral tensed as the crimson orbs stared at her blue orbs. Pulling out the Beretta from her suit, she aimed it at Ceres' head. Ceres didn't bother to move as Integral stood with the gun aimed.
 
“Walter!” Integral yelled as she kept her cold blue eyes on Ceres.
 
“Yes Sir…Integral,” Walter faltered as he observed the scene. Walking over to Integral, he saw what the problem was.
 
“What happened?” Walter asked as he pulled at his string. Ceres held up her hands and shook her head.
 
“I don't want to fight!” Ceres quickly yelled, even though if they attacked she'd run for the castle.
 
“Then explain…quickly.” Integral demanded.
 
“I was dying.” Ceres blurted.
 
“You are dead.” Integral responded.
 
“I know…but Father Anderson wounded me the first time he came. It didn't properly heal the second time he came.” Ceres explained as her eyes became haunted by the memory.
 
“Why didn't you tell me of your situation?” Integral demanded.
 
“I wanted to take care of myself…and it would have healed but he came again.” Ceres whispered in partial anger.
 
“Is that why the Vatican came and took his body back in pieces?” Integral asked with a slight smirk.
 
“Yes, the kickback from the 45 opened my wound again. I was bleeding to death and decided to take his offer.” Ceres explained, not showing any regret in her choice.
 
Integral sighed and removed her glasses from her face as she pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration. Closing her blue eyes, she thought this over in her head. Here was a vampire that seemed to hang onto her humanity as she stood and pleaded her case. Finally opening her eyes, she stared at the young female in thought. Her organization was losing soldiers to the ghouls; why not fight fire with fire? If the girl could be maintained, she could have a powerful weapon to help save troops.
 
“Do you wish to continue your existence?” Integral suddenly asked.
 
“Yes.” Ceres cautiously answered.
 
“I can offer you a home at the Hellsing manor. You would have to work with the soldiers for your upkeep.” Integral offered.
 
“What about my current need for blood?” Ceres questioned.
 
“That can be taken care of.” Integral assured.
 
“What about my master?” Ceres voiced as the tent grew silent.
 
“As long as the seals are in place he won't be a bother.” Integral mumbled to herself.
 
“I can't just leave him in there…alone.” Ceres whispered.
 
“If you don't accept this offer, you will have to be silenced.” Integral warned.
 
“Can I think about this?” Ceres asked.
 
“You have until the end of your stay.” Integral stated as Ceres left the tent.
 
 
 
 
Author's Note: