Hetalia - Axis Powers Fan Fiction ❯ Love Song ❯ Chapter 1: You've Been Invited... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Chapter 1: You've been invited to Hetalia Academy

 
It all started with a letter.
 
A simple letter addressed to Matthew Williams of Ontario, Canada. Physically the letter was no different than any other letter, the only things the blonde could say that were odd about the letter was that it had been sealed by an old fashion wax seal and had no return post. Who knew such a simple thing could and eventually would change his life.
The letter itself was an acceptance letter to Hetalia Academy for the Arts. A world renowned all boys, in which it is next to impossible to get in. It is a place where boys from around the world come to learn and hone their skills, all brimming with talent whether it is in the performing arts, such as dance, acting, singing, playing an instrument, or the written and visual arts. The Canadian had only applied to the school because of his persistent art teacher; he never dreamed that he would ever be accepted to it. To say his mother was thrilled was an understatement, to think that her little Matty would be going to such an illustrious school made the woman squeal in delight. Matthew on the other hand didn't share his mother's enthusiasm. He had never stayed far from home before, and now he was going to be studying aboard with a bunch of boys that he didn't even know… the idea made him more than a little nervous. However his mother eased the worst of his fears and finally convinced the blonde to attend.
 
Matthew lay in his bed restless and unable to sleep. He kept on re-reading the acceptance letter in his mind.
 
'Matthew Williams,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hetalia Academy. We've gone over your portfolio and application form and would be delighted to have you attend. Please do not lose the attached sheet as you will not be admitted to the school without it. Below is information on how you will get to the academy.'
 
Matthew stopped after that, he didn't want to think about the subject anymore. Tomorrow he would be leaving anyway, his mother would take him to the bus station downtown at 8:43 in the morning and from there… well he didn't know exactly. He glanced over at his alarm clock, the red lights reading, 12: 18 AM. 'I'd better get some sleep.' He mused closing his eyes. It wasn't long until he found himself in an uneasy sleep.
 
The morning came sooner than Matthew would've liked, he stared out the window as he mother drove him down to the bus station. The blonde woman was talking excitedly to her son, who at the moment wished she wasn't as all it did was make his stomach churn.
 
"Oh Matty, I'm so proud of you!" She sighed happily, "I always knew you were talented but, oh this is just wonderful don't you think? If your father was still alive he would be proud too, you're getting to look so much like him…"
 
Matthew nodded a little pushing his glasses up on the bridge of his nose. He didn't say anything but continued to quietly listen to his mother as she resumed talking about the school, telling him not to worry, that he would make plenty of friends and she would see him for the winter break and New Years. The car pulled up to the bus station and Matthew got out of the car as his mother popped open the trunk allowing the young blonde to get his suitcases and duffle bag, which was designed to resemble the Canadian flag. With his arms full he closed the trunk and his mom poked her head out of the driver's window.
 
"You sure you don't want me to help carry your things? Do you need any help finding the right bus?"
 
"Don't worry mom I'll be okay." Matthew reassured her. He still went over and gave her a hug and said his goodbyes before heading over to the station.
For ten minutes the blonde held the paper that had been sent along with his acceptance letter and wandered about looking for the right spot. He nearly jumped out of his skin as a tall imposing figure loomed over him.
 
"Master Williams?" he asked. The man was tall dressed in a black suit with dark sunglasses to match, the tall male's voice was deep and it made the tiny blonde nervous.
 
"Y-yes?" he squeaked. The man took his belongings and replied,
 
"This way."
 
The blonde nodded and quickly tried to keep up with the other. When he arrived to the bus his mouth went a little wide, the bus was rather large painted black with tinted windows and had the schools logo ( the earth with various music notes, the comedy and tragedy masks, paint brushes, and papers surrounding it) painted in silver on the side. The man put his luggage down and turned to him,
"Papers." He stated. Matthew shook his head and held out the slightly crimpled paper. The man looked it over briefly before putting it in his pocket saying,
 
"Very well, go ahead and get on we'll be leaving as soon as your things are on board."
The Canadian nodded once more before going around getting on. Once inside, his jaw dropped, it was more like a mobile home than anything, with a couch, TV, table, sink, stove, bathroom, and fridge. The Canadian looked around dumbfounded at how luxurious the transportation the school provided was. If this is what the bus looks like then what does the actual academy look like?! He thought taking a seat on the couch. He looked towards the front and saw another man in a black suit sitting at the wheel reading a newspaper and drinking a bit of coffee. The door to the bus opened up again and the other man from before walked in and the driver started up the bus.
 
"Master Williams is there anything I can get you? Muffins, eggs, toast, or an omelet perhaps? Or would you care for some coffee, milk, juice?" Matthew politely declined and the man simply nodded and sat down in the passenger seat in the front of the bus.
The blonde sat nervously twitching in his seat as the bus pulled away from the station and headed off. Matthew was lost in his thoughts and didn't notice that the bus pulled into an airport. The large man led him off the bus and onto the runway where a small jet waited. On the tail was the school's logo. Holy crap! The school has a freaking private jet?! How rich is this school? The Canadian thought.
 
Matthew stepped on the plane and the first thing he took notice of was the noise, already on the plane were several boys. Yet as he stepped on the noise faded and they seemed to immediately lock onto the blonde.
 
"Hey, we got a new guy! Hey new guy come here!" One called, he was blonde like Matthew with glasses and he wore a bomber jacket. Matthew tensed a little but made his way over.
 
"Bloody hell Alfred, must you shout? The boy's barely more than ten feet away, there's no need to shout you twit." A British accented boy chastised. He had blonde hair as well, with green eyes and rather large eyebrows. Beside him sat another blonde who muttered,
 
"Ah but Arthur, I can understand why Alfred is so excited, this new student he is quite adorable, oui?" he spoke with a light French accent, looking over at Matthew with a hungry look in his eyes.
 
Matthew blushed and took a seat next to the blonde with the bomber jacket on, the one who was called Alfred. There were some other teens on the plane as well that on the flight he was introduced too as well. There was Yao, who came from China and he seemed to be an easy going kind of guy. A Japanese boy named Kiku, who was even quieter than he was. Ludwig, a blonde male with an intimidating presence, who came from Germany, and a pair of twins from Italy, Feliciano and Lovino. Feliciano clung onto Ludwig and greeted Matthew rather warmly while Lovino said little more than a small hi, and ignored him glaring at Ludwig and the way his brother held onto him.
 
Matthew talked with Alfred most of the trip, occasionally being interrupted by Arthur who would point out if Alfred was 'stretching the truth' about Hetalia Academy and its students. The trip lasted a bit over two hours and as the plane began to descend past the clouds, Matthew saw the place where he would be staying for the next school year; the school was on a small island with its own runway, and several other jets, the academy building was atop a high cliff overlooking the sea. It resembled a sixteenth century castle rather than a school.
 
"Well Matthew welcome to Hetalia Academy." Alfred chuckled putting his arm around the Canadian's shoulders.
 
Matthew nodded and out of the corner of his eyes noticed another student at the back of the plane staring out the window a blank expression written over his features, he had light pale silvery hair with bright purple eyes that seemed cold and distant. The other's violet eyes met his for a brief moment before Matthew turned away. 'Who is he?' Matthew thought, wondering why the other's seemed to act as if he didn't even exist.